Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,601 members, 7,914,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (660792 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by remedick: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
Olarewajub:

This thread does not have a Whatsapp group.
I think one should be created bro.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
remedick:
What do you think about introvert dating an introvert(or semi introvert)
It's nothing wrong esp if both of them know how to complement one another, speak for each other. Being an introvert isn't a disease. Communication between both solves it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by remedick: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
Malolu:

It's nothing wrong esp if both of them know how to complement one another, speak for each other. Being an introvert isn't a disease. Communication between both solves it all
i am an introvert lol.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
remedick:
i am an introvert lol.
Then I guess you are dating one as well, you love her and she loves you too right?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
remedick:
you will get over it. I have overcome my introversion to an extent. I think pampering kids can cause one to be introverted.

I got over mine due to challenges I had to face in life after the demise of my only parent. Few weeks ago, my friend was telling me i have grown and that he can't believe i am taking some responsibility in my family.

Another thing that helped me is that I realised that being a Nigerian doesn't help introverts much because you might be trampled on due to your quiet nature.

I still have traces of introvert in me though, like staying indoors, not keeping much friends but I have over come the reluctance to speak when I want to.

Hmmm
I do speak out even to strangers
Just don't love associating with others
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by remedick: 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Hmmm
I do speak out even to strangers
Just don't love associating with others
yeah. Every introvert does. I have been in doors since morning smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by remedick: 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
Malolu:

Then I guess you are dating one as well, you love her and she loves you too right?

Lol. Don't have any serious one for now. Was asking out of curiosity.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
remedick:
yeah. Every introvert does. I have been in doors since morning smiley
Me too
Though I'm going out soon

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by remedick: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Me too
Though I'm going out soon
okay. Stay out of trouble while out wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
remedick:
okay. Stay out of trouble while out wink
I don't find trouble
Anyway thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
remedick:
I think one should be created bro.

It won't serve any purpose and besides many of us do not use Whatsapp.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by remedick: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
Olarewajub:

okies lipsrsealed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ichommy(m): 6:26am On Apr 05, 2017
Malolu:

Well explained. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 10:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
Olarewajub:

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by daniakut(m): 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
Basically one of my cousins (well not really my cousin) said to me that I don't keep in touch with her mum which is not cool. I realise this with most of my aunties and uncles. I have grown up in the UK basically all my life and I was brought up to always respect my elders.

So for some reason now at the age of 26 I still find it very hard to talk to my aunties and uncles because of the fear of being disrespectful. Because every time I visit they will make sarcastic jokes about the way I talk to them.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is I can't have a real conversation with them just asked me about school or work and that's as far as the conversation goeswhich makes me very uncomfortable because it seems fake to me.

Can anyone give me some advice

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
daniakut:

Basically one of my cousins (well not really my cousin) said to me that I don't keep in touch with her mum which is not cool. I realise this with most of my aunties and uncles. I have grown up in the UK basically all my life and I was brought up to always respect my elders.

So for some reason now at the age of 26 I still find it very hard to talk to my aunties and uncles because of the fear of being disrespectful. Because every time I visit they will make sarcastic jokes about the way I talk to them.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is I can't have a real conversation with them just asked me about school or work and that's as far as the conversation goeswhich makes me very uncomfortable because it seems fake to me.

I don't think there is a problem here. You'll be surprised to hear that your situation is quite typical as many people do not have much contact with their extended family.

That said, you should communicate with them as you would any older friend or family. There is no special way to communicate with such people. If you have an accent, try to speak slower and clearer for their sake. And if they make fun of you, ignore them. They'll get used to you in no time. There isn't anything fake about the few things you're able to converse about. Just give it time. The more you know about them, the more you'll be able to discuss about. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by onegig(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2017
I don't get what most people are posting on here and maybe someone has posted what i have to say here before. I actually can't say but the way most people put it across , seems like introversion is someone who doesn't love fun or likes to stay indoors or they are socially awkward.

Very very wrong. It's simple, we all have our ways of relieving stress. I would prefer to stay in a room with my phone alone without noise and sleep in between to relieve stress and in the end get happiness and joy from this simple action while to someone else that's brain tasking for them.

Their idea of relaxing is going out to loud places, shaking and greeting 10s and hundreds of people. Good for them as long as it is relaxes them. But for me the thought of greeting 10s of unknown people and trying to fit in to their personal space and trying to belong or form some kind of chemistry that is non existent is brain tasking to even cause me stress.

Am i socially awkward to want to avoid such situations? No. So maybe you guys take a chill pill and calm down on all these stereotypes and enjoy life to the fullest. If staying indoors and watching a movie makes you happy, then for goodness sake do it and stop whining.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
onegig:
I don't get what most people are posting on here and maybe someone has posted what i have to say here before. I actually can't say but the way most people put it across , seems like introversion is someone who doesn't love fun or likes to stay indoors or they are socially awkward.

Very very wrong. It's simple, we all have our ways of relieving stress. I would prefer to stay in a room with my phone alone without noise and sleep in between to relieve stress and in the end get happiness and joy from this simple action while to someone else that's brain tasking for them.

Their idea of relaxing is going out to loud places, shaking and greeting 10s and hundreds of people. Good for them as long as it is relaxes them. But for me the thought of greeting 10s of unknown people and trying to fit in to their personal space and trying to belong or form some kind of chemistry that is non existent is brain tasking to even cause me stress.

Am i socially awkward to want to avoid such situations? No. So maybe you guys take a chill pill and calm down on all these stereotypes and enjoy life to the fullest. If staying indoors and watching a movie makes you happy, then for goodness sake do it and stop whining.

Yes, a number of people have tried to explain introversion as best as they can on this thread. But as you know, some people have stereotyped and misguided understandings of things so it takes time and courage to accept what is factual and true. So these explanations may have to be repeated often, I'm afraid.

Either way, the truth is, one of the purposes of this thread (and loads of other blogs, posts, books and even the World Introvert Day) is to sensitise and enlighten people who are somewhat less informed about introversion to get rightly informed about introverts and why they do things the way they do.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 1:29am On Apr 12, 2017
DonOms:

Yes, a number of people have tried to explain introversion as best as they can on this thread. But as you know, some people have stereotyped and misguided understandings of things so it takes time and courage to accept what is factual and true. So these explanations may have to be repeated often, I'm afraid.

Either way, the truth is, one of the purposes of this thread (and loads of other blogs, posts, books and even the World Introvert Day) is to sensitise and enlighten people who are somewhat less informed about introversion to get rightly informed about introverts and why they do things the way they do.
Well said.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2017
one thing I've noticed about being an introvert like myself which I think is a PLUS, is that an introvert avoids physical confrontation. Once an introvert identifies a threat be it a bully or one who is trying to take advantage of his/her good nature, he finds d best way possible to avoid future contact with such threat. Most often an Introvert literally plays the Fool to get rid of a Fool. This prevents any physical damage or emotional pain such confrontation could pose.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by didymario7(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
daniakut:

I advise u hang around them more often to get to know what dey like. Shared interests is key here. So if for e.g your uncle loves football, then there is so much to talk about (assuming u love football too).
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dearpiriye: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
Literally stumbled into this thread.......will go from start to finish when I have time. Good afternoon everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
I just saw this thread never knew there was a place for introverts hope am welcomed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
dearpiriye:
Literally stumbled into this thread.......will go from start to finish when I have time. Good afternoon everyone.
Good evening
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
Wane2:
I just saw this thread never knew there was a place for introverts hope am welcomed
Yes,you are welcome. Enjoy yourself!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 3:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Melsan:
Yes,you are welcome. Enjoy yourself!
Thank you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
Happy Easter!

So during the weekend i attended a conference and some how i was called out out to answer a question with a couple of other people.

I knew the answer to the question to the question i was asked but answered wrongly probably because i was not familiar with the terminologies use by the organization.

I didn't feel bad about myself as nobody cared whether i was correct or not and my heart beat did not race whatsoever.
I'm sharing this experience because i think my years of practicing public speaking as begin to pay off.

Introversion must never be confused for timidity. There is a big difference between being shy and an Introvert.

Happy Easter

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2017
Being an introvert is not as people make it seem . I for one have grown to love the things that make me an introvert,there are still challenges I face with friendships but that's ok too because I honestly can't deal with people expecting me to be some particular way in order to maintain a friendship with them especially extroverts so I just stick to my 'kind' or not,where I don't have to go anywhere or do anything, sitting together in happy silence is fun too.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrmrmister: 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hi, I'm new here. smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
SugaryBelle:
Being an introvert is not as people make it seem . I for one have grown to love the things that make me an introvert,there are still challenges I face with friendships but that's ok too because I honestly can't deal with people expecting me to be some particular way in order to maintain a friendship with them especially extroverts so I just stick to my 'kind' or not,where I don't have to go anywhere or do anything, sitting together in happy silence is fun too.

Now that's the Introvert spirit! Introverts need to accept it's okay to be who they are and not be bothered by the intimidations and complains of extroverts about them.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
mrmrmister:
Hi, I'm new here. smiley

Welcome aboard flight INTRO2017 flying from Room to Couch. Don't expect unlimited options for in-house entertainment on this flight as introverts are not so big on that. You'll be glad there'll be little or no bashing but you can count on getting real-life experiences of introverts once in a while. Also, there's a wide range of encouraged activities to help passengers become better versions of themselves although that won't come up too often as introverts cherish their ME-time and recharge moments which can take forever sometimes. All things being equal, this flight promises to live up to its expectations and extroverts never board because they can't stand the in-flight activities. Sit back and relax. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask as all passengers are always ready to help. Your Pilot's name is @Olarewajub. Enjoy the flight!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.