Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,673 members, 7,935,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 06:13 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (665919 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by warripikin17(m): 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
Allshadesfemale:
wrong thread..lol

O_oO_o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oazeez1991(m): 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
MysteryGirl:

Good to know I’m not the only one like this cheesy.
Did same in 100level until my department threatened to expel people like me in 200 level sad.

I plan on going out more often after this lockdown because deep down I really do not want to die a lonely death. Let’s see how it goes.

Almost ol dat we are here cud perfectly relate wif ur situation, as long as u are an introvert, u are bound 2 encounter such as individual.

In my own case, I do risk my life traveling 3hours to-and-fro from my school to my uncle's place, dat's how bad it was 4 me. Funny enof, my daily traveling was without headway. D routine has been me traveling down 2 d town my skul is, go 2 d department, sit down at one conner 4rm morning till evening, I wud den journey back 2 d town I was komin 4rm cos I didn't even know hw 2 go abt seekin accommodation. I had 2 task my uncle daily a sum of 1k 4 my journey (same state thou, but different town nd l.g.), I did so 4 abt a month, it got 2 a state, I notice I'm inconvenientin him(my uncle) financially, he didn't complain, but I cud sense it. I guess dat was wat triggered my 1st step, I sum up courage 2 approach a guy I saw on d department noticeboard which I guess wud likely be in same klaz as myself, nd fortunately, he was (dat was d guy dat later turned out 2 be my roommate nd d only one I cud kol friend den). Afta surpassing d hurdle of accommodation nd started attending classes (dis was influenced by d guy). I still cudn't find it convenient relatin in klaz. As God wud av it, an hostel mate invited me 2 a students political forum (campus political party) which I graced not cos I really love 2, but d way he portrayed wat dey do dia, I felt it cud help my condition, nd it truly did help 2 sm level of extent. Dat was wat birth my journey in2 students uniosm, I partook 4 my own sake, so I cud leave my shell, lot of task was given nd forced on me which aid my improvement. Even thou d traits(introvert) is still very much in me as it's natural, but I experienced sm improvement ranging 4rm ability 2 give public speech, interact more in d midst of dose I'm so use 2 (i.e. comfortable being around), my portfolios gave me d advantage of engaging in sm relationships, thou short lived, as my introverted nature still had hands in it.

So, u too cud do similar tinz, thou won't erase nor mk u escape ur introverted nature, but cud help build sm improvement. Find a colleague around u, canvas him/her 2 kom around ur hostel 2 kol u wen he/she is goin 4 lecture, return home wif same person, wif time, u gonna get use 2 it. Also try participate in ol dis campus club, dia activities will compel u 2 do dat very tin u are always afraid 2 do, ranging 4rm introducing urself in d midst of odaz on evri meeting ground.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
My greatest fear as an Introvert is how am i going to cope in my Occupation / Job line?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Allshadesfemale: 10:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
lmao
madbuk:
Introverts answer present... we've been on quarantine since time immemorial, more like being locked up in your comfort zone.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Allshadesfemale: 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
Read Susan cains quiet.... the main issue is the world doesn't truly understand introverts...that's why they keep asking..why u so quiet and all
Vibesking:
Been through lots of posts here and I've noticed people seem to be battling with their personalities.

I've been through what most of you are currently experiencing and I fully relate with the feeling. Sometimes I feel genuinely sad when I read through y'all post.

I've been through lots of depressions, battled with inferiority complex, and also experienced social awkwardness. Communicating with others was difficult as I often don't know what to say in conversations. Plus I had zero friends.

At first, I blamed it at my personality (being an introvert). But later on, I got to discover that my personality wasn't a disadvantage. It's actually a blessing.

The thing is, if you don't make deliberate efforts to understand and know yourself, you'll always think you have a problem.

I took on the task to understand my personality— devouring all I could on subjects pertaining to psychology and philosophy.

Little by little, I started understanding my likes and dislikes; my tastes; my preference; my kind of music etc. I learned to accept myself and it changed everything.

I got abreast with my abilities and worked on my flaws. I'm far from being perfect but I love myself more and I'm much happier than I used to be. I still fall into depression sometimes but I don't remain there. I always manage to get up and keep forging through life.

Dear introvert, the fact you're not like the rest of the larger population of the world is exactly what makes you unique. You've got more abilities and skills than you realize. Stop trying to become what you're not just because people tell you you're "weird."

You can be an introvert and still accomplish great things. The first step is to fully understand who you are.

Your Creator infused this personality in you because He felt it's what you'd needed for a successful life. It's not a mistake you're the way you are.

If you're like me, you probably don't have a lot of friends. But sometimes you just want to share your feelings and burdens with someone who genuinely understands you.

I've created a WhatsApp group which you're welcome to join

https:///39bQ9Pe

No criticism. No back lash. Just a family of fellow introverts ready to listen and support each other. You're not alone.

Embrace yourself.
Wear your insecurities.
There are over 7 billion people in the world and no one is like you. That's your power.

Goodluck folks.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 1:02am On Apr 05, 2020
DeeMarh:

It's not something I'd like to discuss explicitly here. I forgave severally, and at a point, I didn't think I'd be able to love anyone else as much as I loved him, that was why I stayed. Introverts are known to be selfless and loyal lovers...

You let someone cheat on you severally and dump you, then you turn around and blame your introversion?

You need to work on self esteem girl. No self respecting human will tolerate such disrespect.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DeeMarh(f): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oazeez1991(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Tundexi:
My greatest fear as an Introvert is how am i going to cope in my Occupation / Job line?

D tin is, wen dia is a will, dia is a way..As funny as it may look, most of d world richest men r introverts. Bill Gate, Warren Buffet, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, 2 mention but few.

So, I tink getin 2 read abt hw dis men went abt dia careers nd businesses cud be helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Tundexi:

That should be the least of your worries...

The best thing to do is to first overcome shyness (if you have it) because introversion in and of itself doesn't mean you cannot thrive at anything you do. There are loads of introverts across ALL types of jobs/careers - including comedy. Yes, comedy! The likes of Late Robbin Williams, Jim Carrey, Conan O'Brian...even internet sensations like Maraji are introverts. Now, if introverts can do comedy, why can't we have introvert tech gurus, Engineers (I'm an Engineer), Doctors, Teachers, Broadcasters and the list is endless.

And the second thing you should do? Well, choose the right profession. One that agrees with you and you can easily thrive in.

If you can do those two things, then that fear will be gone like wind. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Epositive:

It should not be at your own detriment. What if he infected you with STDs? We should stop taking unreasonable risks all in the name of introversion. angry
Well said.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
DeeMarh:

And that was why I left, I wasn't dumped!

I hope for your sake that's true because no one deserves to be treated like that.

DeeMarh:

I totally agree with you dear.
It's tough when an introvert and an extrovert are paired. My boyfriend of 4 years recently broke up with me because he thinks I bore him. Whilst in the relationship, In a bid to inquire what I wasn't doing right, when I asked him why he was always cheating, his response was that he was looking elsewhere for emotional entertainment with someone more interesting, and he wished I could be less boring. It hit me hard because I thought he understood the kind of person I was, and that I was trying to do things that I normally wouldn't do, just to please him.

I just wish he knew that If I’m quiet and/ or straight-faced, I’m probably not mad: I’m just people-watching.

You should rephrase the bolded statement.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chukzyfcbb: 12:09am On Apr 06, 2020
MysteryGirl:
First post on nairaland since I registered smiley

I’m a bit jealous that some of you introverts are able to get into relationships cry.

I’m chronically introverted or you can just call me a recluse. Back where I grew up, my neighbors didn’t know I ever existed because they only saw my siblings and thought they were all my parents had lol. Got into the university and found it difficult going for classes or even leaving my room that one time I stayed indoors for 2 months straight and had my sister get me all I wanted. Years later, nothing has changed just that I have to be in school every day but after that I crawl back into my room.

Never been in a relationship because I’m not sure if I can cope in one and there’s nowhere a guy can find me to even ask me out grin. I’ve met a few though but I’m just not interested because I feel being in a relationship would be an invasion of my sweet quiet and private life.

Looking forward to making new friends here kiss.
That's rely extreme for you to find it hard to attend class.

How would you then cope in work if you are in a role that's customer facing?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MysteryGirl: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
oazeez1991:

Almost ol dat we are here cud perfectly relate wif ur situation, as long as u are an introvert, u are bound 2 encounter such as individual.

In my own case, I do risk my life traveling 3hours to-and-fro from my school to my uncle's place, dat's how bad it was 4 me. Funny enof, my daily traveling was without headway. D routine has been me traveling down 2 d town my skul is, go 2 d department, sit down at one conner 4rm morning till evening, I wud den journey back 2 d town I was komin 4rm cos I didn't even know hw 2 go abt seekin accommodation. I had 2 task my uncle daily a sum of 1k 4 my journey (same state thou, but different town nd l.g.), I did so 4 abt a month, it got 2 a state, I notice I'm inconvenientin him(my uncle) financially, he didn't complain, but I cud sense it. I guess dat was wat triggered my 1st step, I sum up courage 2 approach a guy I saw on d department noticeboard which I guess wud likely be in same klaz as myself, nd fortunately, he was (dat was d guy dat later turned out 2 be my roommate nd d only one I cud kol friend den). Afta surpassing d hurdle of accommodation nd started attending classes (dis was influenced by d guy). I still cudn't find it convenient relatin in klaz. As God wud av it, an hostel mate invited me 2 a students political forum (campus political party) which I graced not cos I really love 2, but d way he portrayed wat dey do dia, I felt it cud help my condition, nd it truly did help 2 sm level of extent. Dat was wat birth my journey in2 students uniosm, I partook 4 my own sake, so I cud leave my shell, lot of task was given nd forced on me which aid my improvement. Even thou d traits(introvert) is still very much in me as it's natural, but I experienced sm improvement ranging 4rm ability 2 give public speech, interact more in d midst of dose I'm so use 2 (i.e. comfortable being around), my portfolios gave me d advantage of engaging in sm relationships, thou short lived, as my introverted nature still had hands in it.

So, u too cud do similar tinz, thou won't erase nor mk u escape ur introverted nature, but cud help build sm improvement. Find a colleague around u, canvas him/her 2 kom around ur hostel 2 kol u wen he/she is goin 4 lecture, return home wif same person, wif time, u gonna get use 2 it. Also try participate in ol dis campus club, dia activities will compel u 2 do dat very tin u are always afraid 2 do, ranging 4rm introducing urself in d midst of odaz on evri meeting ground.

Wow, you really tried and you turned out fine. I think I’ll start by being more active in my department association then maybe the religious ones (although I’m not much of religious person undecided). Then about finding a colleague to hang out with, let’s see how that goes. Thank you smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MysteryGirl: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

That's rely extreme for you to find it hard to attend class.

How would you then cope in work if you are in a role that's customer facing?

That was 5 years ago and I was new to the environment at that time plus I just left the boarding house, I’m fine with attending classes now but the only problem is being too shy to leave my room when I’m back.

At my workplace, interacting and establishing rapport with the customer is the most crucial part of my job cheesy, so I put all introvert features aside and summon courage but on some days I just beg someone to stand in for me grin.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chukzyfcbb: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2020
MysteryGirl:

That was 5 years ago and I was new to the environment at that time plus I just left the boarding house, I’m fine with attending classes now but the only problem is being too shy to leave my room when I’m back.

At my workplace, interacting and establishing rapport with the customer is the most crucial part of my job cheesy, so I put all introvert features aside and summon courage but on some days I just beg someone to stand in for me grin.
ohhh....that's fine.

Girl isn't so mysterious afterall, lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
DonOms:

That should be the least of your worries...

The best thing to do is to first overcome shyness (if you have it) because introversion in and of itself doesn't mean you cannot thrive at anything you do. There are loads of introverts across ALL types of jobs/careers - including comedy. Yes, comedy! The likes of Late Robbin Williams, Jim Carrey, Conan O'Brian...even internet sensations like Maraji are introverts. Now, if introverts can do comedy, why can't we have introvert tech gurus, Engineers (I'm an Engineer), Doctors, Teachers, Broadcasters and the list is endless.

And the second thing you should do? Well, choose the right profession. One that agrees with you and you can easily thrive in.

If you can do those two things, then that fear will be gone like wind. Cheers!

Thanks for the advice.. @bolded i drab it well
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
Any introverts in Port Harcourt? Let's keep one another company and be weird together...nobody understands us like each other...

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MysteryGirl: 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

ohhh....that's fine.

Girl isn't so mysterious afterall, lol

wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by uch21(f): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Introverts,here I come,,new member alert,, biko were is my bunk,lemme go and hide der
Tnx tongue

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kehnton(m): 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
Dont let social distancing halt your kids education. Enroll them in our online studies program and seal their future for good!

For further enquires, call or WhatsApp us on +2348106450944

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tripitaka: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
I was certainly introverted growing up. But I have consciously steered away from that path. Not because I thought I had a problem, but because I solemnly believed I needed to develop people-skills. Now, I'm more of an ambivert, probably 60% introvert and 40% extrovert and I'm very fine with that.

I still thank goodness for my service year years ago, as that was when it all changed for me and that experience is one I'll keep forever.

I still exhibit common traits of introverts by default, but I can consciously decide to be the opposite when it suits me or the situation warrants. I do public speaking without breaking a sweat, I can speak with strangers forever if I find them interesting or on a certain wavelength and I like a little bit of fun though I can be easily drained and overwhelmed.

One problem I have is people's perception of me. People think I'm arrogant especially older people as I'm not the type to form familiarity or offer unnecessary greetings. I can walk past you in the alley without uttering a word if im convinced your attention is elsewhere. I'm also not the type to offer the usual theatrical greeting of "good morning mummy" with a wide fake smile. My mates think I'm too formal, but it's just that I like to keep it simple.

12 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tripitaka: 12:15am On Apr 10, 2020
haymekus:
Hey guys

How do an introvert survive this nysc camp of a thing, cus I graduated last year and I’ll be joining the next batch. All through my university life, I stayed off camp and I lived alone, the thought of staying with so many people makes me feel terrified, like I can’t just survive there, I might just run home after few days, and I have been telling people around me that I’ll soon be leaving for camp, any alternative?

Hi,

You'll be fine. When you get to that bridge, you'll certainly cross it. I have no doubt in my mind that you won't run home after few days.

If you do not like where you are at the moment, please ensure that you grab the social oppprtunity that the service year will offer you especially at your PPA. That teaching experience will unravel your personality. Trust me.

Remember, you'll be fine.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tripitaka: 12:28am On Apr 10, 2020
dammypat:

I love RnB,worship songs,old songs and songs that talks about realities of life
I love reading,writing and watching movies
I am also very creative

Dammy, I would recommend these songs for you hoping that you find them interesting.

Lost Boy - Ruth B
Malibu - Miley Cyrus
These Days - Rudimental
Blended Family - Alicia Keys
I'm Not Going Anywhere - David Ramirez
Be All Right - Dean Lewis
Gambler - FUN
Always Remember Us - Lady Gaga
Heart Is A Drum - Beck

All top of my playlist. Smile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 2:22am On Apr 10, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dammypat(f): 7:34am On Apr 10, 2020
Tripitaka:

Dammy, I would recommend these songs for you hoping that you find them interesting.

Lost Boy - Ruth B
Malibu - Miley Cyrus
These Days - Rudimental
Blended Family - Alicia Keys
I'm Not Going Anywhere - David Ramirez
Be All Right - Dean Lewis
Gambler - FUN
Always Remember Us - Lady Gaga
Heart Is A Drum - Beck

All top of my playlist. Smile.

Thank you darling

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
AquariusRising:
Any introverts in Port Harcourt? Let's keep one another company and be weird together...nobody understands us like each other...

I'm not always around......

And with dis lockdown no going anywhere embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
Tripitaka:
I was certainly introverted growing up. But I have consciously steered away from that path. Not because I thought I had a problem, but because I solemnly believed I needed to develop people-skills. Now, I'm more of an ambivert, probably 60% introvert and 40% extrovert and I'm very fine with that.

I still thank goodness for my service year years ago, as that was when it all changed for me and that experience is one I'll keep forever.

I still exhibit common traits of introverts by default, but I can consciously decide to be the opposite when it suits me or the situation warrants. I do public speaking without breaking a sweat, I can speak with strangers forever if I find them interesting or on a certain wavelength and I like a little bit of fun though I can be easily drained and overwhelmed.

One problem I have is people's perception of me. People think I'm arrogant especially older people as I'm not the type to form familiarity or offer unnecessary greetings. I can walk past you in the alley without uttering a word if im convinced your attention is elsewhere. I'm also not the type to offer the usual theatrical greeting of "good morning mummy" with a wide fake smile. My mates think I'm too formal, but it's just that I like to keep it simple.

We've got almost the same personality.....

Especially the part of walking past without greeting.....

And the arrogance issue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
iamyemiakins:
I need y'all numbers, we need to connect beyond this platform.

Connect me on Whatsapp 08134656117, let's get a group running.

When you get to the group....
Add me....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by meeky007(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
dammypat:

Thank you darling
can u send on WhatsApp
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
Xavfra:

I'm not always around......

And with dis lockdown no going anywhere embarassed

Hope you are in a place where you are comfortable? I can't imagine being stranded outside of a place where I have imposed the kind of order that provides comfort...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
AquariusRising:

Hope you are in a place where you are comfortable? I can't imagine being stranded outside of a place where I have imposed the kind of order that provides comfort...

Thanks for caring....

I'm good where I am...

Hope you are good as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.