Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,883 members, 7,976,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 02:06 AM

Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? (1261 Views)

Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? / Is Boarding School Beneficial To Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by victorVIC1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Not only have I read but I've also heard quite a number of horrible testimonies from some of my friends who are from polygamous home. Their ordeals include the inability of parents to meet up with their basic responsibilities such as providing of food for the family, payment of school fees, what have you? The wives and children also tend to involve in unhealthy competitions which may sometimes result to the adoption of voodooism inorder to achieve their respective aims. Furthermore, the death of their husband is often accompanied by an insalubrious struggling as regards to the sharing formula of the man's properties. Although, it is agreeable that the aforementioned factors are not peculiar to "polygamous family". However, if is not out of place to conclude that these situations are more prevalent in polygamous homes.
I have tried times without number to ascertain the benefits of Polygamous Marriage and I could barely arrive at any plausible conclusion so I thought it I should drop the following questions in the house.
Is Polygamous marriage a beneficial arrangement? If yes, to whom is it beneficial? If no, what are your reasons?
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Leibnitz: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
To women cool
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by victorVIC1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: To women cool
why do u tink so?
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Leibnitz: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
victorVIC1:
why do u tink so?
As you can see...

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by victorVIC1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: As you can see...
Lol... grin
Leibnitz: As you can see...
Lol..funny u

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by tintingz(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
polygamy is beneficial to the widows and divorcees.
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by beeevan: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Beneficial to the useless men that indulge in it, many women to fawn over them undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
it only beneficial to useless men that practice it, desperate woman that won't mind and foolish parents that sells their daughters out.

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by GentleMimi: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ beevan and Elantracy,chillx ladies. Some religions actually recommend it. To them it is a norm. So i do not think its wise to insult people for their belief. Lol. See vexing..

@ topic,the man benefits more.
Why? He has freedom to make choices,depending on his financial capability. He gets to have as many kids as he wants,sleeps with different wives legally as many times as he wants...in the past,he gets the advantage of more hands on the farm.
The woman is at a lesser advantage if she is still young. It means early imprisonment,frequent quarrels,husband sharing,lack of privacy.
When the man contracts a disease e.g Ebola,he will share it happily. Lol!
Okay,that was a bad joke....
If the woman is advanced/widowed,then she will benefit more.

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by bennyrazz: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
some nowadays men are polygamous due to their very high libido grin they have s#x two times daily, one very early in the morning and one very late in the evening grin and because they know that their wife can't cope, they marry another wife with the support of their first wife. The wife knowing well that she can't cope with her husband intimate urges accept the proposal instead of allowing her husband to start keeping mistresses outside and probably end up catching STI's/STD's which he would transmit to her. (sexual compatibility is very important in marriage) wink so i think polygamy is beneficial to the man and woman according to this case study

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Pavore9: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Certainly not the children!
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by OmoAlata1(f): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
I will rather be in a polyamory relationship than polygamy

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by baby124: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
I don't understand how people can be in a polygamous marriage and not engage in 3-somes. Please don't pretend like you have not thought about this before grin. Especially the ones whose wives are unusually close. I have been tempted to ask the children... Thank God for closing my mouth

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by shizzleStar: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
GentleMimi: @ beevan and Elantracy,chillx ladies. Some religions actually recommend it. To them it is a norm. So i do not think its wise to insult people for their belief. Lol. See vexing..

Why? He has freedom to make choices,depending on his financial capability. He gets to have as many kids as he wants,sleeps with different wives legally as many times as he wants...in the past,he gets the advantage of more hands on the farm.
The woman is at a lesser advantage if she is still young. It means early imprisonment,frequent quarrels,husband sharing,lack of privacy.
Mimi thank you joor! some people giving themselves heart attack for nothing, as if the women were coerced into the marriage, did they refuse going into a polygamous marriage and the man forced them into it? If only some people are knowledgeable enough to know that for 99% of the women who indulge in polygamous marriage, it is the norm, and to them, its simply the right thing to do.
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by xynerise: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
GentleMimi: @ beevan and Elantracy,chillx ladies. Some religions actually recommend it. To them it is a norm. So i do not think its wise to insult people for their belief. Lol. See vexing..

Why? He has freedom to make choices,depending on his financial capability.He gets to have as many kids as he wants,sleeps with different wives legally as many times as he wants...in the past,he gets the advantage of more hands on the farm.
You call these benefits?
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by cococandy(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin grin grin
baby124: I don't understand how people can be in a polygamous marriage and not engage in 3-somes. Please don't pretend like you have not thought about this before grin. Especially the ones whose wives are unusually close. I have been tempted to ask the children... Thank God for closing my mouth
Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by 5minsmadness: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
Benefits of polygamy:
To the Man-
1. He gets to have more sex.
2. He gets to have more variety in sex.
3. Greater chances of having children to continue his name.
4. More helpers around the house.
5. More helpers in his farm or business.
6. A mark of respect in the society. Its not easy taking care of a woman talk less of 2 or more.
7. He gets to taste from a variety of dishes.
8. Infidelity is highly reduced.
9. Improved chances of having a successful offspring who will bring honour to the family.
10. Improved family support in case of any mishap.

For the Woman
1. Being married makes her more acceptable and responsible in the eyes of society.
2. A man to take care of her. Men are scarce.
3. Reduced sexu.all demands from husband as her partners are there to help her out.
4. More helpers esp if she is the first wife.
5. Reduced chances of sexu.all transmitted infections as the competition is right under her roof.
6. Being allowed to breastfeed her child in peace without husband demanding for sex as he'll be busy with other wives.
7. Not having to cook for husband everyday.
8. Being part of a large family. Family support in case of crises.
9. Learning ways to please a man in bed from her partners.
The End.

Don't crucify me. Na question I dey answer.

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Beneficial to the wandering pr1cks. smiley
Very simply question.

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Beneficial to that wandering woman that her only need is to answer Mrs.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by coogar: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
victorVIC1: Not only have I read but I've also heard quite a number of horrible testimonies from some of my friends who are from polygamous home. Their ordeals include the inability of parents to meet up with their basic responsibilities such as providing of food for the family, payment of school fees, what have you? The wives and children also tend to involve in unhealthy competitions which may sometimes result to the adoption of voodooism inorder to achieve their respective aims. Furthermore, the death of their husband is often accompanied by an insalubrious struggling as regards to the sharing formula of the man's properties. Although, it is agreeable that the aforementioned factors are not peculiar to "polygamous family". However, if is not out of place to conclude that these situations are more prevalent in polygamous homes.
I have tried times without number to ascertain the benefits of Polygamous Marriage and I could barely arrive at any plausible conclusion so I thought it I should drop the following questions in the house.
Is Polygamous marriage a beneficial arrangement? If yes, to whom is it beneficial? If no, what are your reasons?

it's beneficial to all the parties involved. it's lack of money & the poor organisation nigerians are generally known for that paint polygamy in a bad light.

in the middle eastern countries where there's wealth, you would hardly hear of mama akeem beating up mama saheed. nothing really works in nigeria & that includes all types of marriage.

some monogamous marriages in nigeria are worse than polygamous ones. it's the people at fault, not the arrangement. the unhealthy competition & voodoo side of it is only prevalent in poverty-stricken societies.

mormons practise polygamy in america, how often do the wives go to the herbalist to cast spell on each other? that's the only proof you need to see that the people practising it are the problem.

1 Like

Re: Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
The man, of course.

(1) (Reply)

Am So Confused And Matured Advice Needed / Borrow Me 50k I Will Give You 60k On Jan 2016 (pls Is Urgent) / Husband And Wife Found Dead After Eating Breakfast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.