Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. (38115 Views)

Money Or Gift: Which Has More Value? / How Has Nairaland Added Value To Your Life? / The Indispensable Role Of Agege Bread Hawkers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by AmyJamz: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2014
One of the best posts I've read on NL so far..very informative. Thanks Op!
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by stanchidi(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2014
Nice one.
Thank you so much, u're an asset.
Keep it up
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by babymine(f): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Op, thanks for taking out time to write this. It actually made me pause n think. So true.
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by AmasB(f): 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nice write up. i love it
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by Masky2000: 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
dianausua: I had been improving myself all along without even knowing. I started reading books from my ss1. I borrowed and bought books i knew would add value to me, reading and taking action. In my family we all know how to draw so i channelled mine to fashion sketching. I sketched every new idea i had into a book. Also i admired musicians and presenters. I mimicked them alot. I would use my dad's laptop to brouse, write out and practice every useful informatn on singing and presenting. Used my elder brother's phone too to get informatns, till i got mine. Everymorning i would make a to do list on this areas of interest then i would make sure i accomplish each one of them. I continued learning, practicng, exploring new ideas and reading. I got admission into the university but still made out time for my talents. I used my strike period wisely to learn how to sew. I am a graduate waiting for service, but working as a fashion illustrator and designer in a fashion company, i have over 700 drawn designs and more in my head. I Have the singing voice i always wanted. Am not workin in a radio or tv statn but i speak fluently as a presenter. My talents and abilities would have been dormant and i would have been ignorant of them,but because of reading books i have discovered them. I believe i have added value to myself and i am still adding value to myself everyday because where i plan to be in future can only be achieved by hardwork, discipline and persistance.

Nice one @dianausua. I actually have interest in fashion, and would like to enroll into a good fashion school if I see one, would your company take me as a trainee? if not do you know of any good fashion school that I can attend?. Here is my contact in case 08035733738 or adymask2000@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation to getting your feedback soon
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by bfn1: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
A very good post we have here.
Thanks OP.
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by eleojo23: 10:41am On Aug 11, 2014
Bringing back to life for those who have not seen this yet...
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by eleojo23: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2014
eleojo23: Bringing back to life for those who have not seen this yet...
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by ogaofficer(m): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
eleojo23:
Yeah, you sure need to create more time to read. It broadens one's horizon. You gain exposure from reading about different subjects. I have had my power of imagination sharpened by reading some books. And one good thing is, if you really got the message of the book, you unconsciously find yourself acting it out. Books shape peoples lives.
BOSS, can you pls open a thread listing diff types of book we can read on bussines, self-improvement, life etc. Better still you could recommend those books on this thread.
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by eleojo23: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
ogaofficer:
BOSS, can you pls open a thread listing diff types of book we can read on bussines, self-improvement, life etc. Better still you could recommend those books on this thread.
I can't start making a list of books now. I personally try to read any book that catches my attention as much as I can. Another thing I do is to search online for any good article on a subject that interests me and read such article. The idea is to read meaningful books/articles that will add value to you. Regardless of what you read, make sure it contains useful and meaningful information from which you can benefit from in the long run. You can go to any good bookshop and ask for books on any subject that interests you. Books on business, money management, family, economics, health or books in your chosen career. There are a lot of good books out there. You're the one to decide on your area of interest and then choose the books accordingly. Hope this is a satisfactory reply.
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by ogaofficer(m): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=eleojo23 post=26510797][/quote] sir thanks for the reply. So give me 2 names each on books uve read on self improvement, bussines and life. The fact here is that i want you to say something. Tankz
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by eleojo23: 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
ogaofficer:
sir thanks for the reply. So give me 2 names each on books uve read on self improvement, bussines and life. The fact here is that i want you to say something. Tankz
I'll list a few books. You may have read some of them already.
The contents of these books touch on self discovery, relationship, leadership, business and motivational.

(1) 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell.

(2) Winning With People by John C Maxwell.

(3) How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

(4) The Art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie.

(5) Why You Act The Way You Do by Tim LaHaye.

(6) Opposites Attract by Tim Lahaye

(7) Understanding Your Potential by Myles Munroe

(8 ) Releasing Your Potential by Myles Munroe.

(9) The Secret To Winning by Jim Edwards.
(10) 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey.
(11) Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. I'm still on this one.

For business, I pick a business I'm interested in and try to find books (mainly ebooks) on the business. For instance, let's say I'm interested in owning a restaurant. I will go and search for books/articles that concerns restaurant business to know what is involved.
I saw a book on investment recently (can't remember the name now) and I plan on getting it.

Note: The books I have listed above are my own preferences. There are many other books written by different people on similar subjects. Also note that two persons can read the same book but it will have different effects on them because of their different ways of understanding

1 Like

Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by ogaofficer(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Tankz boss.
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by MightyFortress: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Excellent reading for a cross over night.
Re: Ways To Add More Value To Yourself: Becoming Indispensable. by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 01, 2015
Hmmmmm! Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Being Intimate With A Dog / What A Mad Man Did To Guy Because He Refused To Give Him Money (Read) / Man’s Bloody Stunt With Knife In Akokwa Creates Sensation In Imo State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.