Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,310 members, 7,934,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:24 PM

Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat (907 Views)

Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / Government Officials Wear Gloves Against Ebola (picture) / Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Following the recent discovery of Ebola virus victim in Lagos, Nigeria, the Anambra State government is taking steps to ensure that any threat of the virus is blocked or detected and dealt with immediately.

Dr Joe Akabuike, the commissioner for Health in Anambra State who briefed newsmen on the preparation of the state government said it was necessary because Anambra people are the most traveled in the country and Africa.

While tracing the historical antecedent of the virus, he said it was first discovered in a village in Zaire called Ebola in 1976, and has since been spreading to several other countries.

He stated that animals are the major carriers of the virus, but that what is most intriguing is that the virus, when it lives in animals, does not pose any harm, but in man, it is deadly, and so far no cure has been found for it.

According to Akabuike, Anambra State has always been proactive, and hopes to replicate such proactiveness in the fight against Ebola virus.

The state government, he said, is doing this through sensitization on universal precaution like hand washing after touching a person.

“The virus can be contacted by merely touching an infected person, their stool, urine or blood, so we need to encourage our people to wash their hands regularly after touching people, and also disinfecting surface touched by others”, he said.

The Commissioner also disclosed that a rapid response team has also been inaugurated, and there are plans to set up mobile clinics which will help to respond to cases, and the team will also procure personal protective equipments for health workers and also embark on public enlightenment in churches and schools.

Some of the symptoms of the disease Akabuike said include malaria, typhoid, muscular pains, bleeding and diarrhea among others.

The commissioner warned lovers of bush meat, saying that eating a not-well-cooked meat can lead one to contacting Ebola virus, while admonishing that if one must eat bush meat, like monkey, rats and others, it must be well cooked, and to prevent risk, he advised that it be fried too.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/07/26/anambra-braves-ebola-warns-bush-meat/

Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2014
Mehn, I love this man. The only government taking proactive measures against the virus.

Hope say una done hear am,no more bush meat. For those lovers of anu mgbada,anu ogazi with pepper soup and cold hero beer... grin ,take note

1 Like

Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2014
Walahi this my governor and his cabinet are proactive, they have already started mobilizing immediately.

I love them abeg, a government that doesnt wait for it to happen before using a fire brigade approach.

I love my state, always in the news for positive things.

liberty300: Mehn, I love this man. The only government taking proactive measures against the virus.

Hope say una done hear am,no more bush meat. For those lovers of anu mgbada,anu ogazi with pepper soup and cold hero beer... grin ,take note

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Ebubemg(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
500GP:
why the hate. what is ur governor doing about it.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
500GP:
honest answer pls: if you heard same coming from lagos state government, what would be ur reaction?
Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
He is from Lagos

Ebubemg: why the hate. what is ur governor doing about it.
Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by 500GP: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
liberty300: honest answer pls: if you heard same coming from lagos state government, what would be ur reaction?

QUESTION FOR THE GODS
Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
500GP:

QUESTION FOR THE GODS
as I thought, running away from the face of confrontation..synonymous amongst ur tribes men
Re: Anambra Braves Up Against Ebola, Warns Against Bush Meat by 500GP: 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
liberty300: as I thought, running away from the face of confrontation..synonymous amongst ur tribes men

WHICH CONFRONTATION?

#YOU NEED NOT TO HAVE OVERHYPED WHAT OBIANO DID. OTHER GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA CAN DO WHAT OBIANO DID PERTAINING TO THE STEPS HE TOOK TO PREVENT THE OUTBREAK OF EBOLA IN ANAMBRA.

FASHOLA HAS UNDERTOOK SOME MEASURES TO PREVENT THE OUTBREAK OF THE DISEASE TO OTHER PART OF THE STATE.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt Must Stop Provoking Shiite Muslims; We’re Focused On Martyrdom / EBOLA: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria / Patrick Obahiagbon Blasts Femi Fani-kayode, You Need To Read What Hesaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.