Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,944 members, 7,890,109 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:23 AM

PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha (3261 Views)

APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Lawmakers Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
We are witnessing interesting political developments in Nigeria these days. In fact, money has taken over and it is the government in power that has control over the money that is spending lavishly with impunity.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has revealed attempts made by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Abuja to remove him from office. Speaking at the inauguration of the state executives of APC on Friday at the International Conference Centre in Owerri, Okorocha disclosed that 26 out of the 27 members of the Imo State House of Assembly were brought to Abuja and given N100Million each to impeach him.

He said that one of the lawmakers even brought his own money to him (Okorocha), a development he said that shocked him to shrink at the extent of desperation the PDP could go to be in power.
The governor queried “What have I done wrong in Imo that these people will be after me like this? Haven’t I done everything that I promised to do for Imo people? PDP has so annoyed me and they have forgotten the kind of person I am”.

Okorocha expressed regret that the people that milked the state dry were now in PDP and had been ganging up against him and the people of the state, an act he said he must frustrate.

He said the gang up started from Oguta Local Government Area during the run up to the Oguta Constituency rerun election where the PDP candidate, Eugene Dibiagwu and some thugs, acting on the instruction of their masters, blocked his convoy from entering the community.

This, he said, was followed up by Senator Chris Anyanwu who was used by the PDP to ram into his convoy at Azara Egbelu near Owerri.

“Yet, I didn’t react negatively as I am expected because that was a breach of protocol and security.”

The governor said the worst that happened to him was another gang up in Oguta at the burial of Late Justice Chudifu Oputa “where Ohakim, Araraume, Chris Anyanwu, Udenwa, Ilomuanya and others were present and running up and down like rats. I paid N10million for the late Jurist’s hospital bill and another N25million for the burial arrangement and additional N6million to pave the state High Court Premises in honour of Justice Oputa. Then I moved with the entire state executive council to pay my last respect to an achiever. I went to the altar to speak as the number one citizen of the state, a microphone was snatched from my hand.

"Which governor in Nigeria would have tolerated all these? PDP has annoyed me o and they have forgotten who I am”.

He said having failed in their bid to bring him down at all cost, the PDP started paying N5000 each to bus and keke drivers and people at newspaper stands to castigate the APC as a Muslim and Boko Haram party because I prevented them from bombing a church here, insisting that APC is not Boko Haram.

He insisted that he had achieved more in three years than the 12 years of PDP put together, adding that he had no basis for comparison when put side by side with the likes of Arthur Nzeribe, Araraume, Ohakim, Chris Anyanwu, Udenwa and others.

Okorocha describe Igbo leaders in PDP as cowards who see good and call it bad because of paltry positions they want to protect in the party

In his word, “That’s why they will always go to Abuja to say I have done nothing and that free education is not real. Onye na-esighi ike, akuo nwanne ya ihe, ya sin a nwanne ya na-acho okwu (meaning: a coward would always claim that his oppressed brother is troublesome).”
http://newsrescue.com/pdp-gave-imo-assembly-members-n2-6bn-impeach-gov-rochassays-igbo-leaders-pdp-cowards/#axzz38gNr55Y1
Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rochas fear fear

4 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by macpetrus(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
SMH!!!! Next pls
Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Okorocha disclosed that 26 out of the 27
members of the Imo State House of Assembly
were brought to Abuja and given N100Million
each to impeach him.
waste of money indeed! 2.6billion naira can go a long way in improving the lives of Imolites. Why waste the money on 26 hungry lawmakers? shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
They were actually given N1billion each....nonsensical

1 Like

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Sloan: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is another evidence that Nigerians deserve the bad governance they get and frustration of their destinies! Even if Okorocha is a bad governor, how will a party that failed for over 10 years in the state be a better alternative when it can go to the extent of paying 2.6 B to remove a sitting governor? Nigerians complain of bad leaders, but leaders of today are taken from the followership. It means Nigeria is bad because most Nigerians are bad and therefore deserve the bad leadership they get!

12 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by kel4soft: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is my problem with my Igbo brothers. Can someone compare Rochas government with any PDP govt in Imo? Is a shame people come on NL to abuse the man without them knowing where their polling units are. I was in one village close to Okigwe earlier this year, the villagers don't give a fark about Muslim part or not. The love for Rochas was so strong especially the village women that I ask myself if it is the same man they discuss on nairaland. The gang up of failed politician is not only exclusive in Imo State PDP. Here in Rivers, politicians that couldn't complete a km road during their time are making noise while ex militants now play godfather in politics. Is sad, but God works in mysterious ways.

14 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by joseph1832(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
berem: waste of money indeed! 2.6billion naira can go a long way in improving the lives of Imolites. Why waste the money on 26 hungry lawmakers? shocked shocked

Question that every Nigerian with the semblance of a brain should ask the PDP. The kind of money GEJ is spending on his second term campaign makes me scared. I opened rottentomato.com to check movie listing and what I saw there made my mouth open wide. This guy and his team of campaigners are not taking a day off to ensure that GEJ is re-elected.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by chimerase2: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
If the allegation is true the lawmakers beta collect the moni and move to the next level cool

3 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by kel4soft: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sloan: This is another evidence that Nigerians deserve the bad governance they get and frustration of their destinies! Even if Okorocha is a bad governor, how will a party that failed for over 10 years in the state be a better alternative when it can go to the extent of paying 2.6 B to remove a sitting governor? Nigerians complain of bad leaders, but leaders of today are taken from the followership. It means Nigeria is bad because most Nigerians are bad and therefore deserve the bad leadership they get!

Imo State happens to be a member state of NDDC and they have rep there all PDP members. Ask anti-Rochas here to point out what project this commission turn PDP have done for them.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Clerverly: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
I am ashamed of my tribe! Yes!

8 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Toktee(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
I don't know why ohakhin is still walking as a free man,pdp is already afraid of the future after failing to convience nigerians dat apc is an islamic party.
Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sloan: This is another evidence that Nigerians deserve the bad governance they get and frustration of their destinies! Even if Okorocha is a bad governor, how will a party that failed for over 10 years in the state be a better alternative when it can go to the extent of paying 2.6 B to remove a sitting governor? Nigerians complain of bad leaders, but leaders of today are taken from the followership. It means Nigeria is bad because most Nigerians are bad and therefore deserve the bad leadership they get!

Well said my brother wink
Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Clerverly: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Toktee: I don't know why ohakhin is still walking as a free man,pdp is already afraid of the future after failing to convience nigerians dat apc is an islamic party.

What about Elechi, Uduaghan and T A Orji? Yet my igbo brothers/sister would congregate here daily just to attack the performing governors of South-West and Northern Nigeria in their blind love for the President Jonathan! We are just politically cursed as a people.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Toktee(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
Clerverly:

What about Elechi, Uduaghan and T A Orji? Yet my igbo brothers/sister would congregate here daily just to attack the performing governors of South-West and Northern Nigeria in their blind love for the President Jonathan! We are just politically cursed as a people.
true talk,only the truth shall set us free.
Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by UnknownT: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
RICHIEBOI1: ........
The governor queried “What have I done wrong in Imo that these people will be after me like this? Haven’t I done everything that I promised to do for Imo people? PDP has so annoyed me and they have forgotten the kind of person I am”.

......n his word, “That’s why they will always go to Abuja to say I have done nothing and that free education is not real. Onye na-esighi ike, akuo nwanne ya ihe, ya sin a nwanne ya na-acho okwu (meaning: a coward would always claim that his oppressed brother is troublesome).”
http://newsrescue.com/pdp-gave-imo-assembly-members-n2-6bn-impeach-gov-rochassays-igbo-leaders-pdp-cowards/#axzz38gNr55Y1
Pls!!!! U guys should look at the bolded b4 u start bin for or against d governor!!!! If he feels he has given us everything he promised(which I know is a pure lie), then he better not come out for reelection cos he has given us everything he promised.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Blockus: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rochas! Fight never start, your mind don dey shake.. grin

4 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rochas are you sure sir do you have any evidence

4 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by MayorNaija(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
IGBO KWE NU,i trust my state,my legislators will not fail to collect the money but you can't pinch them against their performing Gov,its only in the clueless North that plots like this is succeeding,nice one,same should happen during the election proper,chop their money and vote for the right candidate.nice one.God will expose them more.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by size38: 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerians as I see will live in political bondage for a very long time to come in this country. The manner at which we allow our leaders to use us is alarming. Just like the case of Rochas, here in rivers state too, those calling for Amaechi's head today has at one time or the other been in Govt with absolutely nothing to show. Eg Nyesom Wike was Obio/Akpor LGA chairman for good 8yrs. His only achievement was d council secretariate he built. Despite d fact that Obio/Akpor is d second richest LGA in Nigeria after Apapa in lagos. As a minister, he failed woefully. Until Nigerians realise that they are tying their hope, future and destiny to parties and individuals that cannot better their lots.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by emiye(m): 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
The amount of tribal and religious bigotry from today's youth is shocking, it is like a cancer eating up common sense.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by agriboom: 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ahhhh so that's what the stolen $20b is for, I heard something like that happened in adamawa and nasarawa.

I am starting to like this GEJ he may truly be naijas last president, that would be a blessing

1 Like

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
size38: Nigerians as I see will live in political bondage for a very long time to come in this country. The manner at which we allow our leaders to use us is alarming. Just like the case of Rochas, here in rivers state too, those calling for Amaechi's head today has at one time or the other been in Govt with absolutely nothing to show. Eg Nyesom Wike was Obio/Akpor LGA chairman for good 8yrs. His only achievement was d council secretariate he built. Despite d fact that Obio/Akpor is d second richest LGA in Nigeria after Apapa in lagos. As a minister, he failed woefully. Until Nigerians realise that they are tying their hope, future and destiny to parties and individuals that cannot better their lots.

Point of correction,Lagos island is the richest LGA in Nigeria not Apapa. Quote me

2 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
agriboom: Ahhhh so that's what the stolen $20b is for, I heard something like that happened in adamawa and nasarawa.

I am starting to like this GEJ he may truly be naijas last president, that would be a blessing

Na now u know. Wen sanusi said that the missing $20b was for 2015 election and the money had already been shared in Abuja. That money was meant for impeaching APC governors and Rigging Election.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by chimerase2: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
2015 general election in imo state
Pple in imo state re saying rochas is doing fine but they can not vote for him cus he is in APC wich the translate as an islamic party
Truely if anytin is goin to stand in rochas way is that APC as for me Rochas has done well but me too personally I don't fink I will vote for him again mind u that is ma own opinion
I hv gone to all most all the whole local govt and tis is the mind of the imolite
The AP has brought bad name to its self

1 Like

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Omimah: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
God, why did you make me a Nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Whoever says Rochas is performing should please visit arondizuogu and have a change of heart. Rochas is a terribly lying fraud

1 Like

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
berem: waste of money indeed! 2.6billion naira can go a long way in improving the lives of Imolites. Why waste the money on 26 hungry lawmakers? shocked shocked
if you sensible you will know that Rochas is lying.

1 Like

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
meforyou1: if you sensible you will know that Rochas is lying.

Unfortunately the allegation is true.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
meforyou1: Whoever says Rochas is performing should please visit arondizuogu and have a change of heart. Rochas is a terribly lying fraud

Jonathan Government abandoned the Imo State section of Nnewi-Okigwe federal road which passes Arondizuogu and rather than blame FG you are scared of saying the truth. The same neglect is noticeable on Ohaji section of Owerri-PH highway. Obasanjo and Yar'Adua did the Owerri-Onitsha road probably because the Governors then were PDP.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Abagworo:

Jonathan Government abandoned the Imo State section of Nnewi-Okigwe federal road which passes Arondizuogu and rather than blame FG you are scared of saying the truth. The same neglect is noticeable on Ohaji section of Owerri-PH highway. Obasanjo and Yar'Adua did the Owerri-Onitsha road probably because the Governors then were PDP.
how much exactly does Rochas pay u and that cotton seller berem?

6 Likes

Re: PDP Gave “imo Assembly Members N2.6bn To Impeach Me” ––rochas Okorocha by vedd: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
GEJ & PDP spending money to make Nigeria ungovernable form north to south.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

TB Joshua Building: IS It A Controlled Demolition Or Structural Failure? / Breaking: Boko Haram Invades Nafada In Gombe State,sacks Police Station 04/11/14 / President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.