Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? (748 Views)

How To Use Sonar 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by ChynoBEATS: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Guy's help me out here
... I feel like learning a new DAW so I'm about To opt for Sonar xl 6 or the new sonar x3producer ...
does anyOne here use Sonar cos I'll Like to know

1) How good it is

2) What it requires in Order to work properly

3) What chances does it have when Compared to REASON , CuBASE n so.on ......

4) how often you do use it

Thank's cheesy
Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by BeatByLex(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
I cant really say I think if you have learnt to use FL and Reason its enough .......but its a good Idea though
Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by ChynoBEATS: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Well I think am'gon have to drop sonar For Nuendo or cubase .... I don't hv reason yet buh ama try n get it. Thnks bro.
Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by BeatByLex(m): 2:17am On Jul 31, 2014
isn't cubase and nuendo just for audio purposes alone or mainly ......
Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by booblacain(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Some of the things you need to looks out in a DAW are:

1. The highest sample rate it can convert i.e 24bit, 32bit or 64bit. I do not know much about sonar but FL runs upto 32bit-float, cubase runs upto 64bit (note that if your sound card does not run up to 32/64 bit there is no point in considering these two rates).

2. Learning curve: the DAW should be fairly easy to learn. From my personal experience and from most others FL studio is by far the easiest to learn for now. I guess this is why most people start off with it.

3. Flexibility: automation, routing and rerouting of channels and effects should be easy. FL does ok here, reason does well but with limitations.

4. Sound Library: if you have tons of external samples and vsts already, this should not bother you. If you don't and would have to depend on the ones tht come with the DAW then you should consider their qualities and size. FL does not do too good in this aspect, cubase and reason does good. Like I said I do not know much about sonar.

These are pretty some of the basic things you need to consider when choosing a DAW. Trying out the sonar, if not for anything, is a way to develop your skills and expand your knowledge, so, I would advice you go for it. They all at least produce CD quality sounds, for sound quality is usually more dependent on your audio cards, monitors and your ears.

Though unnecessarily lengthy, but I hope I've helped a bit.

1 Like

Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by ChynoBEATS: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
BeatByLex:
isn't cubase and nuendo just for audio purposes alone or mainly ......
......... It's does virtually everytin.... 4rm beatMaking to recording,soundtrack Sampling ,mixing n ViDeo editing
Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
Its possible; sonar cakewalk is good. But i have researched greatly on daw used by hitmaking producers- 1-cubase used with fl studio/2-pro tool users with bounce or track-out projects from other daws- thus d industry standard daw/3-logic pro for mac users. Propellerhead Reason is very selective of sound cards and too technical and doesnt accept third party sound libraries expt its own in rex format. Steep learning curve but with stronger mixer engine from v5.1 upwards. All daws have improved tremendously, and most dancehall producers would work on logic pro and/or do their vocals on pro tool along with two tracks part of the instrumentals frm logic pro to avoid latency issues and finished up their project with either pro tool or logic pro, some still take and aspect of d vocals and further manipulate it with abelton live, and take it back to logic pro again. Some popular naija producers using cubase/fl studio are dj klem, popito, selebobo, samklef- logic pro users are-jesse jagz, wizzy pro, kid connect, oteebeatz, josh beatz, sarz etc. Pro tools are don jazzy, killbeatz, jay pizzle, kukbeatz, phatE, mastercraft, pheelz, young d, check dia instagram and facebook pix u will confirm it all for urslf. I jst feel u should go with d one u feel comfortable with, it is not d daw that make great songs but the man and brain behind it. Maschine drum machine another studio plus for punchy beatmakers who couldnt get it right with dia daw during mixing and some inculcate live bass guitar or live drums with it eg don jazzy; selebobo, jpizzle # Mixing and mastering is another pain-taking aspect totally different from production. RJ Octave signing out.
Re: Guy's Is It Necessary To Learn Cakewalk Sonar? by ChynoBEATS: 1:30am On Nov 20, 2014
Tnks 4d tip dude

(1) (Reply)

A 17 Years 2 Partner Who Sings, Breakdance Need A Producer / Download Bigdiddo Ft Kleverjay - Mojuba And Oda Songs / 10 Ways To Improve Your Songwriting Skills From Naijaside.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.