Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,001 members, 7,919,195 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:53 PM

You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday (2007 Views)

I Got My Dream Job On Nairaland Please Help / Apply For A Parttime Job On A New Forum / Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by Lakotai(m): 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
I have worked in more than 45 companies doing all sort of jobs. I have been fired only once. And the reason I was fired is what I want to discuss with you now.

As you eat your Salah meat and drink your Salah beer, give this article just 10% of your attention. Because next tomorrow which is on Wednesday you might get your first sack letter. Or if the manager don't respects you he might tell you in the face! "Don't come to work tomorrow"

"I'm coming ma!" I replied my boss's wife with a squeezed face who just gave birth to a mongoloid nose and a wide face baby girl. She wanted me to go to VFS (they process visas for Schengen countries) to start the process of a client's France visa. Since the time my real boss (at least so I thought) went to Osun state to practice politics, I have never been happy with his wife who now runs the Travel Agency business.

She used to disturbed me a lot!

"Come and do this" "come and do that" "why did you send the mail like that' O oo, what is wrong with this chap!" (That's the best way she likes to address me, since she just came back from london, where she and her husband had done a bad deal)

I was like "what is wrong with this woman nah" "why is she disturbing me, is she my boss? Nah wa o"

One day she called me early in the morning. To quickly run to VFS to collect a clients doc. She wanted me to get there before the client, to show sign of commitment. Her time says 6, mine is saying 5! So I thought that I still have time. I slept again. Only to wake up at 7! When our client need to catch a flight at 9.30. By then there were still heavy traffic in Lekki. So before I could get there the clients has already came there herself! Gbam! my heart skipped as I saw our clients Prado jeep at VFS gate. (I am supposed to be there before the client you know)

Gu gu gu GOOD Morning ma. I stammered greeted her while my heart continue to beat like a Lagbaja's drum. I explained to the clients that I am supposed to collect her doc for her and that I was sorry to be late that I was delayed by a crazy traffic. She just nodded her head. So I quickly run to join the queue that now looks like the regular queue at all GTBank branches.

(Few minutes later,) No. Sorry, plenty minutes later I collected her docs and gave it to her she still tipped me 1k I was very happy that day. Not knowing that, that will be my last day of working with this Travel Agency.

When I got back to the office my boss's wife didn't say anything to me. For 3 hours. Later she called me into her office and said that I am suspended without pay! But if I want my pay that day, it means sack! I went with the second option and went back home that morning thinking about my life.

And wondering what went wrong....

I later realise that it was all my fault! I didn't know who I was working for. I thought that I was still working for my boss the husband, instead of the wife. My main boss was the wife not the husband! Even later I learnt that she even have a lion share in the Travel Agency.
Wow look at me. Mumu wey I bee.

My boss's wife sacked me not because of I was late to VFS, but because she feels like I don't respect her, since she was not the one that employed me. She needed someone she could control and that will respect her

Since that day I was never sacked again in any job I had. I now know one of the things that got people sacked everyday in Lagos.

A lot of employees don't know who they are working for. So they got fired easily and frequently.

"Duck you Smedley' you useless middle. manager" "Christina Smedley is a useless. Piece of s**t."
these foul statements was not the actual cause of Rakesh Agrawal, a Paypal.com exec's sack. But the main reason Paypal fired him was because of Christina Smedley, a PayPal's vice-president of global communications.

So Rakesh didn't actually know who he was working for. It obvious that if he had said that to other low level employee in Paypal. he wouldn't have been fired but Christina was very useful to Paypal. And indirectly Rakesh reports to Chris.

When you always have this one secret in mind, you will never be sacked again for no reason except the firms run out of cash. Even if that becomes the case, if you actually know who you work for, that person will always look for another job for you. Just like the case of Mr Thomas, a Buddah Lounge new manager. When he came to Buddah Lounge he brought along 4 Liquid club staffs. (Liquid was his former place of work that went under renovation)

I come to understand that, those 4 staffs Mr Thomas employed in Buddah lounged respected and serve him well while in Liquid. In other words, they were working for him not for the main owner of Liquid. That way they became ultimately employable as far as Mr Thomas is concern.

I hope I have said enough.
The point is. "Know who you are working for or get fired on a regular basis simple!"

Please if you have any other reasons employees got fired in Lagos, drop it below

-------------------

To receive EXCLUSIVE motivational message like this in your inbox every Wednesday click [url=lakotaisite./2014/07/30/tester/]here[/url]

2 Likes

Re: You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 29, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by talk2cj08(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2014
Noted

1 Like

Re: You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by Lakotai(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Please if you have any other reasons employees got fired in Lagos, drop it below
Re: You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by bot101(m): 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
sorry bro, but wouldn't you prefer being the one doing the hiring and firing?. Become your own boss, join Organo Gold today.
Its Easy! Its Simple!! Its Coffee!!!
See my signature for more info.
Re: You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by Lakotai(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2014
bot101: sorry bro, but wouldn't you prefer being the one doing the hiring and firing?. Become your own boss, join Organo Gold today.
Its Easy! Its Simple!! Its Coffee!!!
See my signature for more info.

Thanks bot,
I don't think that I'm a fan of Network Marketing
But I advise you read books like "Ideavirus" by Seth Godin or "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell
These books will show you how to make your product trend
Wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: You Will Be FIRED! Even If You Get A New JOB On Wednesday by bot101(m): 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lakotai:

Thanks bot,
I don't think that I'm a fan of Network Marketing
But I advise you read books like "Ideavirus" by Seth Godin or "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell
These books will show you how to make your product trend
Wish you best of luck
thanks for the advise, i just finished reading the business of the 21st century by kiyosaki, i'll check out the books you mentioned.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Recruitment / FMCL Invitation For Interview / I Need Direction From Ikorodu To Iganmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.