Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,778 members, 7,905,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Who Knows How This Software Works? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Knows How This Software Works? (868 Views)

I Have This Software Update On My Infinix Hot But Am Scared / Android Users : Who Knows How To Use Mtn Bis With An Android Phone? Pls Help / Which Anti-virus Software Works Best For Android Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows How This Software Works? by cecejobs(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
I had a call from a Lagos line (01-******) yesterday but probably because of network palava, I picked the call and the call hanged up. Later on, in a bid to know the exact location the call came from and probably the office, I stumbled in to TRUECALLER, a phone software for tracking some of your unknown callers. It happen to be that the software can download information of some phone numbers from a database/site which I know not. Any number I type into the software, I can get the name of the owner of the number, probably the location, unless on rare cases. When I tried mine, I saw a name of which I used when I was registering the line, but the title attached to it is what I know I have never dream of using before now, that was when I began to wonder where the details is being sourced from by the software; truecaller. Please anyone that's familiar with the software should enlighten me.
Kind comments will be highly appreciated.
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by Wilfem(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
The application gets names through different means,
Number one is through those social media like Facebook, Twitter and BBM
The other way the application gets names is through other users, like for example if you receive a call from a number that has not been registered on any of those Social media, it'll tell you that No matches found and would later ask you to tell who you think it was. The names you type in there would later be stored in their database.
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by femi4: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
How it works: -

If you have saved
someone's cell no., lets say George, on
your phone and you register on
Truecaller, the people who have
registered on Truecaller but haven't
saved George's number can view his
name as the way you saved it.

Its about 90% effective.

So, any unknown number not saved by any True Caller user will not be identify.

But you can find other numbers not identified by truecallers by using

Google search

Whatsapp (if there is a profile pix)
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by cecejobs(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tnkks @all. Now I get. This people na thief o
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by femi4: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Wilfem: The application gets names through different means,
Number one is through those social media like Facebook, Twitter and BBM
The other way the application gets names is through other users, like for example if you receive a call from a number that has not been registered on any of those Social media, it'll tell you that No matches found and would later ask you to tell who you think it was. The names you type in there would later be stored in their database.
This is wrong

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by femi4: 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
cecejobs: Tnkks @all. Now I get. This people na thief o
How are they thieves?

You agreed with their "Terms and Conditions"
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by cecejobs(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2014
femi4: How are they thieves?

You agreed with their "Terms and Conditions"
. Dts true buh I pray say person deey fit finish those their endless terms and conditions
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by lawrenceunaa: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2014
is d app for free or paid
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by KnightOfLaif: 8:35am On Jul 30, 2014
lawrenceunaa: is d app for free or paid

Free.
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by cecejobs(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
femi4: This is wrong
drop your own opinion sir
Re: Who Knows How This Software Works? by femi4: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
cecejobs: drop your own opinion sir
its not about opinion, its about facts.

Its on wiki for anyone who needs it

(1) (Reply)

Drop It Like Its Hot / Google Adsense Now Showing On Opera Min Browser? / Beware Of Public Wifi – Dangers And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.