Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,555 members, 7,972,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola (4662 Views)

PDP Govs Brand Fayose A Potential Future Leader / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Dino Melaye Is A Potential HIV Carrier, He Gave Me Syphilis- Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by lomprico(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
Meestique: Oh Goodness! Exactly what was said when HIV came. Has it occured to u dat had it been so, they would av had the cure before-hand?
Of course I have, they won't just hand over the cure like that! They will want to make billions or trillions of dollars(at d expense of peoples lives) b4 they make d cure readily available. Look this world is full of conspiracies. Its all about d money for some.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by lomprico(m): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
wazoboy: Why cant we engineer one and test it on them?
What r u waiting for? Carry on!
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
wirinet:
My brother that is the bane of we blacks. We are only interested in enjoyment and merriment and let others do the hard work for us. After all we have oil, gold and diamond in the soil to sell to the hard working Europeans and Asians.

It is embarassing that it is Europeans and Asians that is thinking about solving our problems. They help US invent drugs for malaria even though it is purely black mans disease, the same for Sickle Cell Disorder and now they are working hard at solving our Ebola disease. You wonder what they do in our universities and research institutes.
Are we really enjoying? Billions of naira spent on CCTV, which was contracted to a Chinese but it didn't work and we could say nada angry Can the Chinese do that in their country? and is it that there is no university or company that could install those things? Sometimes ago, FG went to Britain to buy plastic waste bin for Abuja (during the time of late Madam Dora as the info minister!) with the excuse that those things could not be found in Nigeria and today we can not see anything again resembling plastic waste bin in Abuja!
What exactly is our problem?
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by BarryX(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Potential Cure they say !!!!!!!!!!!

But before the potentialities of the cure become Potent probably some light years from now ! We are stuck with the prevention retinue spelt out by WHO or Ebola Crematorium is the penalty.
God help us
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
lomprico:
What r u waiting for? Carry on!
I know you are frustrated, just like me sad But did you read the report? It says US government sponsord research in a secret location, and not an individual research! And for your information, an African will be involved as an individual!
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by lordsuperb(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
[center]una no get job to do rather than sitting here and hearing crab about ebola cure[/center] angry
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by lomprico(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
wazoboy: I know you are frustrated, just like me sad But did you read the report? It says US government sponsord research in a secret location, and not an individual research! And for your information, an African will be involved as an individual!
Well as sad as it is, our government have not finished looting our tresuries so they won't have time to set up a research like dat. And for the US gov sponsoring d research, they tend to reap billions once d cure is found. Its all business.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by Etfash(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
I have thought about the black race so much and seriously, i wonder who we are.
Few years ago, one of the inventors of the DNA structure stated that the blacks are not as intelligent as the other races. He was suspended and punished by the USA.
But then, please let's face it: what exactly is the problem of the black race? Slavery is long gone now, but many of us are still mentally enslaved; We hold unto elective positions and refuse to step down even when the electorates say so; as if we are only free when we rule.
Our best hands are leaving our land, foreign companies in our land employ some of the few brilliant ones available; we continue to enrich the strangers; Because, often times, they even treat the blacks better than the way the blacks treat their fellow blacks. Our best hands would rather work for organisations than start up something on their own and employ people. We always take the easy way out... Proffering short term solutions to very long term problems.
Watch how Africans, particularly the black people, perform in sports...

We need a PERSPECTIVE CHANGE.... Africans must grow from dependence to interdependence. Freedom should be viewed as a state of the mind rather than being the absence of chains or presence of money and power. Unnecessary appetite for public funds and resources must be killed.

I am a black man, so please, no offence is intended. We only need to work on our mentality.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by EasternLeopard: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
We have a faulty educational system and no amount of money can solve it

Let's start teaching our kids how things work and how things are produced.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by arewafederation: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
bIoodykiller: grin

Hello goat... I'm backkkkkkkk! cheesy
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by EMMABC1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
uzeba: ‪‎
NaijaGirls‬ na wa ooo
Some girls think Ebola‬ is anoda Hit song lyk DoroBucci‬, they have started changing their BB names and even Facebook name to EbolaSexy‬, EbolaDiva‬, EbolaPearl‬, EbolaChic‬, EbolaDuchess‬, EbolaCreamie‬, Pls Ladies, Ebola na disease ohhh!!&.. Plsss guys beware of girls with such names Ooo!!‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‎
no wonder ur stupidity knows no bounds.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by bIoodykiller: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
arewafederation:

Hello goat... I'm backkkkkkkk! cheesy

mr bingo jrn were have you been
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by sarmiie(m): 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
wazoboy: a disease surfaced on african soil, is killing africans in drove, not yet among the whites, but they are already reporting a cure for this disease!
What exactly is the purpose of blacks on earth?

calm down, ma man...thinking like dis'll get u nowhere n is counterproductive..wif all d challenges facing us, its quite obvious we r nt there yet, n neither r we gng to get dere in d nxt 15 yrs............instead of thinking of d purpose of blacks as a whole, think of YOUR purpose as an individual..it starts with u n me.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by sarmiie(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Etfash: I have thought about the black race so much and seriously, i wonder who we are.
Few years ago, one of the inventors of the DNA structure stated that the blacks are not as intelligent as the other races. He was suspended and punished by the USA.
But then, please let's face it: what exactly is the problem of the black race? Slavery is long gone now, but many of us are still mentally enslaved; We hold unto elective positions and refuse to step down even when the electorates say so; as if we are only free when we rule.
Our best hands are leaving our land, foreign companies in our land employ some of the few brilliant ones available; we continue to enrich the strangers; Because, often times, they even treat the blacks better than the way the blacks treat their fellow blacks. Our best hands would rather work for organisations than start up something on their own and employ people. We always take the easy way out... Proffering short term solutions to very long term problems.
Watch how Africans, particularly the black people, perform in sports...

We need a PERSPECTIVE CHANGE.... Africans must grow from dependence to interdependence. Freedom should be viewed as a state of the mind rather than being the absence of chains or presence of money and power. Unnecessary appetite for public funds and resources must be killed.

I am a black man, so please, no offence is intended. We only need to work on our mentality.

d way i see it, our main problem is over-selfishness.....a mentality of ''everyman for himself'' is what ails us, n frankly, i dont see any paradigm shift happening in dis generation.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by showbantu(m): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
n 1976, Ebola (named after the Ebola River in Zaire) first emerged in Sudan and Zaire. The first outbreak of Ebola (Ebola-Sudan) infected over 284 people, with a mortality rate of 53%. A few months later, the second Ebola virus emerged from Yambuku, Zaire, Ebola-Zaire (EBOZ). EBOZ, with the highest mortality rate of any of the Ebola viruses (88%), infected 318 people. Despite the tremendous effort of experienced and dedicated researchers, Ebola's natural reservoir was never identified. The third strain of Ebola, Ebola Reston (EBOR), was first identified in 1989 when infected monkeys were imported into Reston, Virginia, from Mindanao in the Philippines. Fortunately, the few people who were infected with EBOR (seroconverted) never developed Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF). The last known strain of Ebola, Ebola Cote d'Ivoire (EBO-CI) was discovered in 1994 when a female ethologist performing a necropsy on a dead chimpanzee from the Tai Forest, Cote d'Ivoire, accidentally infected herself during the necropsy.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by arewafederation: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
bIoodykiller:

My master were have you been
Sallah thingswink
I v also been busy searching for dusa for my goats.

Did you miss me?
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by mstik(f): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Meestique: As e happen for here, nigerians don close down hospital sharp sharp. Thank God for the whites...! Left for africans alone, u can imagine the rest.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by kevoh(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
All hail SCIENCE! wink
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by SporaD8: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
I knew it!
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
wazoboy: a disease surfaced on african soil, is killing africans in drove, not yet among the whites, but they are already reporting a cure for this disease!
What exactly is the purpose of blacks on earth?

so black men in the US don't work in laboratory and Africans are only blacks? Blacks like you should be used as lab rats
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by bIoodykiller: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
arewafederation:
Sallah thingswink
I v also been busy searching for dusa for my goats.

Did you miss me?

otu nne i bingo jnr
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
sarmiie:

calm down, ma man...thinking like dis'll get u nowhere n is counterproductive..wif all d challenges facing us, its quite obvious we r nt there yet, n neither r we gng to get dere in d nxt 15 yrs............instead of thinking of d purpose of blacks as a whole, think of YOUR purpose as an individual..it starts with u n me.

Can't you see he is the problem with blacks, How a normal black person that hasn't contribute nothing to better the black race ask such question.

Is it a crime if he study to be a researcher/ scientist?
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by wirinet(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
donnypool:

Can't you see he is the problem with blacks, How a normal black person that hasn't contribute nothing to better the black race ask such question.

Is it a crime if he study to be a researcher/ scientist?

Study to be a researcher in Nigeria? You think research is cheap. You think one person sitting in his house struggling to get food, water and shelter for himself and his family carry out any meaninigful research. When even doctors and professors in our universities have done nothing.

You are still confirming the black mans problems. Thinking only on individual level and never on institutional terms.Research is an institutional endeavour. A society that values progress and development priroritize research. It starts from its educational policy of equiping children with proper inquisitive mind and giving them the required tools and knowledge. The Nigerian educational goal is to enable you get certificates to enable you work in a white collar job. It does not train you to understand how things work

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by iammodel(m): 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Good news if this is true.
HIV cue where art thou hiding?

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZ-M4qC7K4
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
wirinet:

Study to be a researcher in Nigeria? You think research is cheap. You think one person sitting in his house struggling to get food, water and shelter for himself and his family carry out any meaninigful research. When even doctors and professors in our universities have done nothing.

You are still confirming the black mans problems. Thinking only on individual level and never on institutional terms.Research is an institutional endeavour. A society that values progress and development priroritize research. It starts from its educational policy of equiping children with proper inquisitive mind and giving them the required tools and knowledge. The Nigerian educational goal is to enable you get certificates to enable you work in a white collar job. It does not train you to understand how things work

You sir i totally understand your point and i can tell you there are very good researchers in nigeria.

The problem Nigerians are having is Laziness and i can defend that. Many Nigerians wants a government job, many do not want to take risk like a normal entrepreneur or spend time researching about the unseen all we want is that every month salary or be thugs for politicians. Apart from the few i have seen here on nairaland that want to start up a business, they too still blames the federal government for everything.

Its not about the university but its about your will be study "rocket science". Even parent of these day want their children to become either an engineer, doctor, lawyer or An army. Imagine in a class of 50 students no one want to be a researcher because there is no money involved they say.

So lets not blame our learning institutions lets face the real problem. If you doubt me open a thread on nairaland on researchers only and see how many people will comment reasonable thing. But forsure you will see something like
"Abeg who get small pin charger" or "diaris God ooo"
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by arewafederation: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
bIoodykiller:

otu nne i bingo jnr

You are not bleating like before. What is the problem?
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by jericco1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Lildreezy: what is happening to african universities, and research centers?

if it is to protest about the Gaza war, abi being used as thugs for election, or to come online as stupid pay per post agents for the pdp and apc, they would be very active!

Hahaha.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by bIoodykiller: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
arewafederation:

You are not bleating like before. What is the problem?

otu nne i

bingo jrn
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by arewafederation: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
undecided
bIoodykiller:

otu nne i

bingo jrn

Are you alryt?
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by bIoodykiller: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
arewafederation: undecided

Are you alryt?

otu nne i
bingo jrn
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by arewafederation: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
undecided
bIoodykiller:

otu nne i
bingo jrn

You need rest.
Re: Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola by bIoodykiller: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
arewafederation: undecided

You need rest.

otu nne i

bingo jrn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills / Please Who Is The Worst Nigerian President In History? / How Was Nnamdi Kanu Able To Make Thousands Of Igbos Fly Into Japan Without..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.