Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,936 members, 7,931,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:35 PM

Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? (29859 Views)

I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? / Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by dignityonly: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
After reading this thread. I went straight to OLX website to see things myself now now.

and I saw this (link)
http://lekki./young-talented-artise-needed-edge-records-iid-685455852

My conversation.

*phones rings.

ME: Hello, good afternoon,

MR SAMSUN: Good afternoon, who am I speaking with?

ME: My name is bblahblah blah, am interested to be part of edge records, I sing, rap & even Produce

MR SAMSUN: OK, you need to get a form for 2,500 Naira, u need to send me ur email to dis phone so i can send u all d details.

ME: No problem, how do i pay d 2,500 naira, should i bring it over to your office today.

MR SAMSUN: NO! you can only pay through bank.

ME: OH, that will be stressful, where is your office & also is dis d same label where REMINISCE is signed to ?

MR SAMSUN: Yes, our office address is Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, do you know VI?

ME: Yes, but u dey craze shall oh, you be thief self, the real owner of the record label you claim is not based in south africa, am even calling from edge studio.

MR SAMSUN: *sound surprised* no no no,

Then he hangs up

few minute later i got this text message from him.

i nd ma broda came to ur label, u all nd sarz nva gave us face, nd we were gud, tho we dont hv money,we decide to eat with dis, nt until u beg me will I stp, sender: 2348168999400
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Indializzie(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
femmmmi94: hghghjghjgj

HERE THEY ARE!!!
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by MissyDivah(f): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
If I should say what is on my mind right now to u will feel like committing suicide....... wtf u mean by saying "Due to Low Level of Education in Ibadan" ? If ur family didn't have money to send u to school that doesn't mean other people in Ibadan are illitrate like u ....... it seems u are suffering from a brain disorder right Go and check how many of ibadan indigenes are baging BSC, MSC, PHD every year before u open that ur stinking mouth to call them illitrate....... if u originally from ibadan then u are a disgrace to ur generation....... though am not from ibadan but I have many friends that are from ibadan which I know they are far better than u and they have a good brain
Dipville: U are right about this but not totally right,i deal on cars and post often on olx......08030665295/08025208303 are ma numbers....am actualy based in Ibadan,but due to low level of education here..very few residents of Ibadan view OLX,so I post mostly to Abuja,lagos,ph.....and I can provide you wit @least 5 of ma customers who got cars through me from OLX.....and we are very good frnds till date,infact one of my customers who came to IB from lagos is now ma boss.I fink the problem is our desire for things that are too chea and unreasonable.....I posted a pathfinder jeep(2007) on that site last year and almost got scammed with a fake bank alert...1st bnk to be precise from a scammer in Owerri.....we just need to be cautious...The site is very cool if you are wise.....I have achieved through that site....God bless us all.......SiMWAAZ

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Decryptor(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
[size=18pt]OLX: Online LIES Xtravaganza [/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by goksongold(m): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
No categories of advert that one can't be scammed in olx, I tire 4 them oo, most especially in vehicle section but one need to wake up also! Lol.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by vislabraye(m): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Davland: Can one get a job by just sending details to a phone??
I say YES to dat,i once got a banking job(teller) through dat medium.
But using dat medium nowadayz has been bastardised by those GNLD company

Exactly !!! This GNLD company and all other MLM companies. Its just bullocks.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by henryelfhel: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
i have being duped too
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by chubysoft1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
olx.com was more authentic and effective when it was dealfish.com Right now i don't even understand what they really do again. . .
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Davland(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
vislabraye:

Exactly !!! This GNLD company and all other MLM companies. Its just bullocks.
& the beauty of it is dat they can be recognised with their msg because they mostly use same format of SMS

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by 9jatatafo(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Scams are everywhere and as a sharp 9ja peep, always apply your number 6. A scammer asked me to pay 500k into his account for a car, when he sent his account details, I told him that the account was dormant and it can't receive money, to test his greed I took photo of some raw cash in my hands and sent to him. Oh boy come see phone calls, na everyday he come dey call me say the account is alive. He call for like one week, na there I yarn am say na thief he be. He cut phone sharpaly. grin gringringringringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by jideomowunmi(f): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
techwiz4: I have been a victim of this 419 fraud and i just want nobody else to fall prey. if you use olx and someone tells you he works in customs or you should come to the office, avoid him. This 419 impunity has gone long enough, they believe they cant be caught. I stayed in the uk for most of my life and when i decided to come home, this is what happens. I will hunt this scammers down to the full extent of the law, even though it involves spending thousands on the police. This guy must be caught, not only because i seek desperate vengeance but because catching him will reduce the numbers of scammers out there. please know that i have money and thankfully lots of it. I have the resources to do this but i need support from people that share my thoughts. SAY NO TO 419 SCAMMERS. Beware of this account and phone numbers.

Bank: Fidelity bank
Acc Name: Ahmed Bello Yusuf
Acc Number: 6233998997
Phone Numbers: 08038200687, 07036458820

I am very close with my investigation with the police and i shall be posting his picture very soon. Email me at krisler000@yahoo.com

....thumbs up....we need more pple like you jare...

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
techwiz4: I have been a victim of this 419 fraud and i just want nobody else to fall prey. if you use olx and someone tells you he works in customs or you should come to the office, avoid him. This 419 impunity has gone long enough, they believe they cant be caught. I stayed in the uk for most of my life and when i decided to come home, this is what happens. I will hunt this scammers down to the full extent of the law, even though it involves spending thousands on the police. This guy must be caught, not only because i seek desperate vengeance but because catching him will reduce the numbers of scammers out there. please know that i have money and thankfully lots of it. I have the resources to do this but i need support from people that share my thoughts. SAY NO TO 419 SCAMMERS. Beware of this account and phone numbers.

I am very close with my investigation with the police and i shall be posting his picture very soon. Email me at krisler000@yahoo.com

With the way u talk/boast here, u will be an Easy prey for scammers.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
rattlesnake: OLX sef dey find job

Putting a question mark or full stop at d end of the above would Change the meaning.

A full stop would make it very funny.

#Bored

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
CaptainBomb: Good Job.

If he has enough money,how come he was scam.If you so desperate that's when you can be a victim.
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by solutions2itech(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
BiggyB242:

If he has enough money,how come he was scam.If you so desperate that's when you can be a victim.
tank u bro. Only d desperate wil get skammed. We r al shouting skam 2 much in olx wen dey r making deir moni y u stil end up faling as prey... THE QUESTION IS how to avoid been scamed in jobs/any website u find urself? Instead of beating round d forest
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Oxone(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
booqee: op, include jobber man too. has anyone gotten a job through jobberman? Seun or mukina pls edit the topic on front page.

sent so many applications via jobberman yet nothing is coming forth. angry

Sure! I applied for a KPMG job thru Jobberman, got called for the test and interview but something better came up after the test so I didn't follow it up

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Jamsly: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
booqee: op, include jobber man too. has anyone gotten a job through jobberman? Seun or mukina pls edit the topic on front page.

sent so many applications via jobberman yet nothing is coming forth. angry
Jobberman na another advance den for scams!!!
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2014

WHILE AT IT,KINDLY HELP INNOCENT DESPERATE JOB SEEKING GRADUATES INVESTIGATE, ARREST, HUNT DOWN STAFF AND OWNER OF ESTHER BREAKTHROUGH. Located at OJUELEGBA LAGOS. They have been scamming since 1900
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Jovie: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2014

We need more people like you in this nation!!
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by AdelokikiMr(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dipville: U are right about this but not totally right,i deal on cars and post often on olx......08030665295/08025208303 are ma numbers....am actualy based in Ibadan,but due to low level of education here..very few residents of Ibadan view OLX,so I post mostly to Abuja,lagos,ph.....and I can provide you wit @least 5 of ma customers who got cars through me from OLX.....and we are very good frnds till date,infact one of my customers who came to IB from lagos is now ma boss.I fink the problem is our desire for things that are too chea and unreasonable.....I posted a pathfinder jeep(2007) on that site last year and almost got scammed with a fake bank alert...1st bnk to be precise from a scammer in Owerri.....we just need to be cautious...The site is very cool if you are wise.....I have achieved through that site....God bless us all.......SiMWAAZ

alright, I'm convinced but not wen d person start telling me some custom rubbish...I just can't even feel comfortable buying anything more than 200k online...
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by MicroBox: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
OLX is nothing but a place where scam is promoted,,,,,
On OLX search box, type convertable...... Every thing there is a scam, ranging from that peugeot 307 to that white Toyota Anaconda
Please be warned
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: Bro do no waste your strength about it. be patience until you get back to Nigeria and head straight to Fidelity bank to file a report. But make sure you also reported the case to police first and go with the police report. Let them disable his ATM card and then set alert on his account. That will force him to either come to make complain of his atm or cashing from inside bank.. Lobatan..

Note: But do not forget, nothing goes free in Nigeria.. meaning, make sure you ready to offer token for both police and the bank officer cos if not, you are only wasting your time.
Bros check ur English well...Nairalanders wit grammar... undecided undecided

Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=jideomowunmi][/quote]...
Spell check plsssS
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
solutions2itech:
tank u bro. Only d desperate wil get skammed. We r al shouting skam 2 much in olx wen dey r making deir moni y u stil end up faling as prey... THE QUESTION IS how to avoid been scamed in jobs/any website u find urself? Instead of beating round d forest

Once anybody ask for cash na scam..simple
Re: Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? by bayodayo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Beware of this man to
Name- Akinlade james
GTB
tel - 08104798784
i fell victim ,claming he is costom agent at badagry selling cars, he even went as far as impersonating one genuine costom agent bearing that name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Agriculture And Rural Development Recruitment (36 Vacant Pos / Maersk Graduate Programme 2014 / Exclusive Job Vacancies & Interview Tips!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.