Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone (1228 Views)

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World / BBM on iPhone and related issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone by nazzyon(m): 12:40am On Oct 15, 2008
Howdy guys I just found this info on the internet and thought you will be interested.

DUAL BOOT WINDOWS MOBILE AND MAC X on iPhone

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=14474

[b]NOTE: [/b]It will only work on a jailbroken iPhone,

The beta version was tested in that clip. Hopefully the full version of the software will be available by the December.
Re: Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone by topeteadr(m): 12:45am On Oct 15, 2008
Now u guys are tempting me. .
Re: Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone by texazzpete(m): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2008
That was proven to be a hoax!
Re: Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone by nazzyon(m): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2008
texazzpete:

That was proven to be a hoax!

Hello,

You are entitled to your opinion.

Please provide a confirmation to prove that it is a hoax?

Just to clear all this.

Gracias

Even if it is not working right now I am pretty sure that it will someday.

It all started like this for Mac Book.

At first it was said to be a hoax and not long it was confirmed.

Even in Nigeria I have seen people Running Vista and XP on MAC Books.
Re: Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2008
nazzyon:

Hello,

You are entitled to your opinion.

Please provide a confirmation to prove that it is a hoax?

Just to clear all this.

Gracias

That's a silly tone to take with me. This was proven on Engadget to be a hoax. The whole video was meant to encourage vsitis to the site, to promote sales of some crappy software.

nazzyon:

It all started like this for Mac Book.

At first it was said to be a hoax and not long it was confirmed.

Even in Nigeria I have seen people Running Vista and XP on MAC Books.

No one ever said running Windows XP on a Mac was a hoax. Where did you get that idea from? There have been virtual PC software on Macs for ages now, and Apple has long since released Boot Camp and Parallels, both software that allow Dual Booting with Win XP on Macs.

Get better informed.
Re: Dual Boot Mobile Operating Softwares On Iphone by ExInferis(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2008
Nazzyon, don't argue on this. i don't want to get into technicalities why this wont work for now (iboot, bootrom, sigchecks, itunes etc etc).

windows mobile wasnt designed to run on the kind of cpu built into the iphone, to do this will need extensive recoding and a totally new hardware abstraction layer or a new kernel entirely. you can't just load a vanilla Winmobile OS into the hardware and expect it to work.

windows can be installed on MAc Intel machines because the board is intel and windows was designed from the ground up to work with x86 platforms (bootcamp doesnt run x64bit windows).  you can't load up windows on powerpc machines with bootcamp; you need virtualizatiion to do that.

howevev the comunity has been trying to install modified linux on iphone (because the linux kernel is free and open and shares the same unix root with the Mach kernel on the iphone, it can be tinkered with). however even this is proving difficult especially given the various chains of trust between the iphone bootloader and the OS, the bootloader and the baseband, iboot and itunes etc. if and when linux is installed by the hacking community, i bet you it will be a limited function command line OS, practically useless.

(1) (Reply)

Glo Settings / Black Bold 2 For 47 Kk,2months Old With Earpiece And Charger / Does Airtel Bb Package Of N1200 Still Works On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.