Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,850 members, 7,872,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

IN TIME: The Lagos Lekki Toll Gate - Damarcating The Rich From The Poor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IN TIME: The Lagos Lekki Toll Gate - Damarcating The Rich From The Poor (619 Views)

Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IN TIME: The Lagos Lekki Toll Gate - Damarcating The Rich From The Poor by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 30, 2014
I believe some of us have seen the movie "IN TIME" starring Justin Timberlake.

Building an access control measure that would separate the rich from the poor as seen in the Lekki Express Toll Plaza might be seen to some as a means of security, on the contrary, it is indicative that the toll plaza was built with an intent to restrain a certain class of people from living/visiting a particular zone or vicinity.

It is my submission that that toll plaza must be taken down by Lagosians and should only be rebuilt when an only when there is equitable distribution of development across the length and breadth of Lagos State (e.g Oworonshoki to Lekki) else it would continue to be seen as a tool for class restriction as seen in the movie, IN TIME.

I don spit my own and I am liable to my opinion!
Re: IN TIME: The Lagos Lekki Toll Gate - Damarcating The Rich From The Poor by christejames(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2014
The whites are through with their colonization and have left, (although their neocolonisation is currently haunting us). Our leaders who are suppose to prove to the whites that we are capable of self-government and can move to the path of development without their aid are the ones presently colonizing us, creating enmity between us. If this government are not careful one day the oppress will bounce back at the oppressor (bokoharam, kidnapping might even be examples of the oppressed), trying all mean to remove the demarcation created.
Re: IN TIME: The Lagos Lekki Toll Gate - Damarcating The Rich From The Poor by Boss13: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2014
@OP your write-up is not true. The Lagos toll gate symbolizes FRAUD and nothing more. A medium orchestrated to divert funds to personal pockets.

(1) (Reply)

20 Parties Field Candidates For Osun Gov Poll / If You Are Asked To Rate Jonathan Administration / Foolishness Of The Highest Order:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.