Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,878 members, 7,942,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? (1437 Views)

Love Is A Fraud! There Is No Such Thing As Love / There Is No Such Thing As A Perfect Person – Only One That Is Perfect For You / Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
1AngryBird.

Is there such thing as a soul mate?
I have never had a girlfriend, nor am I in any hurry to get one. But what I am wondering, is there such thing as a soul mate? I have seen soo many people get in love, then break up. Or get married, then after a few years divorce. So if people keep doing that, how can they find their 'soul mate'? Or will they ever find a 'soulmate'? undecided

Tags. BluIvy
Ceasar1
pickabeau1
cococandy
Cocoberry
Tallesty1
EnlightenedSoul
Fulaman198
Your Opinion Please. smiley
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by pickabeau1: 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
I believe there is something like that but only a small percentage of people are opportuned to experience it

Fiery

Some last for years.. others have short time as tragedy strikes or things happen

Like Richard Burton and Liz Taylor

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by cococandy(f): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Yes. I believe in soul mates.

But it is something you build, not like there's someone out there specifically made for you.

A soul mate is a rare person you meet in one of life's rarest moments who understands you inside and out.
Sometimes people on the outside might wonder what it is he/she sees in you or you see in him/her.

The person with whom you have the kind of love that you never forget
The person you can forgive anything if they want you back.

But you have to be careful,as it is not always healthy especially if you're the emotional type.
Losing a soul mate can change your life if you're not well equipped to handle such loss.

Not everyone finds a soul mate.
Most people have a happy life despite never having found a soul mate.
1AngryBird: 1AngryBird.

I have never had a girlfriend, nor am I in any hurry to get one. But what I am wondering, is there such thing as a soul mate? I have seen soo many people get in love, then break up. Or get married, then after a few years divorce. So if people keep doing that, how can they find their 'soul mate'? Or will they ever find a 'soulmate'? undecided

Tags. BluIvy
Ceasar1
pickabeau1
cococandy
Cocoberry
Tallesty1
EnlightenedSoul
Fulaman198

3 Likes

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
There is no such thing as ‘soul mate’. It's about two people making a relationship work. Built your partner into your Soulmate.

#Edited Version. 1.3

2 Likes

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
first of all, op, this your name makes my own look bad undecided undecided undecided

now back to the matter. NO, there's no such thing as a soul mate.

a relationship works cuz u choose to make it work n u can do this

with many pple out there, not just one.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
Cocoberry- But it is something you build, not like there's someone out there specifically made for you.

Great Breakup! cheesy
I also think it's someone you built in a relationship. Not someone waiting for you to find them. Sadly though, most of my pals think otherwise. Thanks!

Pickabeau1 - Like Richard Burton and Liz Taylor

Lol, So you think those two are the perfect references to support your theory? cheesy
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by cocoberry(f): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
1AngryBird, dis is for cococandy not cocoberry!

1AngryBird: .

Great Breakup! cheesy
I also think it's someone you built in a relationship. Not someone waiting for you to find them. Sadly though, most of my pals think otherwise. Thanks!

Lol, So you think those two are the perfect references to support your theory? cheesy
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
aflyingbird: first of all, op, this your name makes my own look bad undecided

Behold my doppelganger! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
cocoberry: 1AngryBird, dis is for cococandy not cocoberry!

Ooops Sorry. embarassed
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by pickabeau1: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
1AngryBird: .

Thats just what came to my mind
Accounts of their love was passionate and deep

A fictional account is Micheal Corleone and his Sicilian wife
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Tallesty1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
1AngryBird: 1AngryBird.

Tags. BluIvy
Ceasar1
pickabeau1
cococandy
Cocoberry
Tallesty1
EnlightenedSoul
Fulaman198
Well it depends, if by soul mate you mean someone you can have a deep connection with. Someone who has the right traits, traits that are relevant to you as an individual. Someone you can put up with and who, more importantly, can put up with you. Then yes, there is a soul mate but if you are talking about that one person that was created for you and you alone then NO.

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
The concept of the soulmate shows up in cultural stories around the world. For instance, in Greek mythology, humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them in half, condemning them to spend their lives looking for their other half to complete them.

Essentially, it's about two separate people that came from the same soul (four legs, four arms, two faces, one mind, one heart, one soul) - Soulmates. The Greeks, like others, were describing the feeling the best way they knew how. It's an interesting concept. Even the biblical story of Adam and Eve, whether fact or fiction, gives us a similar vibe. It's about a man and a woman who were "made for each other". Literally. In my mind, it isn't as far-fetched to assume that their supposed offspring might be the same in that aspect, but there I digress.

Still, if true, the probability of finding this "one and only" person would surely be extremely slim (especially if this soulmate thing is supposed to transcend race, religion, and all our other usual dividers...but I digress again).

In conclusion, I think it's an intriguing idea. I think it could exist, but that it would surely be rare if it did - that it's possible to be happy with "others". Lastly, I think too much personal investment into the concept of finding/having a soulmate can be detrimental.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
cococandy: Yes. I believe in soul mates.

But it is something you build, not like there's someone out there specifically made for you.

A soul mate is a rare person you meet in one of life's rarest moments who understands you inside and out.
Sometimes people on the outside might wonder what it is he/she sees in you or you see in him/her.

The person with whom you have the kind of love that you never forget
The person you can forgive anything if they want you back.

But you have to be careful,as it is not always healthy especially if you're the emotional type.
Losing a soul mate can change your life if you're not well equipped to handle such loss.

Not everyone finds a soul mate.
Most people have a happy life despite never having found a soul mate.

Now, this is it, Hook, Line and no Sinker cheesy.she made good points.. However, a soul mate is someone you share a lot in common . I suppose John Lennon and Yoko Ono were soul-mates. Likewise Joan Boaez and Bob Dylan, same with Angelina Jolie and Brad-pit.... Soul mates are of another world. You must not necessarily fall in love to find you soul-mate.

In fact, a soul mate, is whom I seek. It would take an epistle to buttress this fact.

Just liken it to the scent of a woman or the body ordour of a hard-working man wink
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by kkash: 11:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ofcourse there is something called Soulmate, it's in stores and shops around, very good for the hair

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 31, 2014
Yes! It's a hair cream.

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by kingbella: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2014
Of course theres soulmate!!

Theres also apple, emily millionaire. But if you have money you can go for profective

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Yes. And am a witness to it...
I met my soul mate at a young age. In 1996 but death took her from me in 2001 from then till now I have never been able to fall in love again and never will.

Soul mate is good only if you two are together. But when u lose your other half, life can be very very very meaningless.
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2014
OBIORAA: Yes. And am a witness to it...
I met my soul mate at a young age. In 1996 but death took her from me in 2001 from then till now I have never been able to fall in love again and never will.
Eyaa sorry. This really got my attention.
You sound so sure she was. Don't think it's because Maybe you loved her genuinely. Just a thought.
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
1AngryBird:
Eyaa sorry. This really got my attention.
You sound so sure she was. Don't think it's because Maybe you loved her genuinely. Just a thought.

The word, bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh has more meaning than we think.
Soul mate is deep from the soul. The love that is involve in soul mate is something you feel once in a lifetime. I have experience that kind of love but death took that from me. I will get marry someday but will never love again as I once did with my soul mate.
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
OBIORAA: Yes. And am a witness to it...

Soul mate is good only if you two are together. But when u lose your other half, life can be very very very meaningless.
eeyahh, sorry. guess it's safe to say everyone has their idea of who a soulmate is n what it means to dem. glad u got 2 experience it... if u say u met ur soulmate but also sad for u cuz she's no more. by ur words, u seem 2 b struggling with d loss still N u uself don't want 2 move on for d better. hv u gone for counselling, therapy? u think u can never "build" dat kind of luv with any1 else or u don't want to?
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by jnrbayano(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
"Soulmate or Soul mate" to me is just an English word (adjective) or phrase used to qualify two persons who love and understand each other.

Those two persons are usually a man and a woman and their union is not predetermined.

My thoughts.
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
jnrbayano: "Soulmate or Soul mate" to me is just an English word (adjective) or phrase used to qualify two persons who love and understand each other.

Those two persons are usually a man and a woman and their union is not predetermined.

My thoughts.
yea, i don't think the union is predetermined either. if it is then it means u hv no control over who u love. d whole idea of there being one person for u only is all fairytales
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
aflyingbird: yea, i don't the union is predetermined either. if it is then it means u hv no control over who u love. d whole idea of there being one person for u only is all fairytales
What's your stand?
Do you believe In soul mates?
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Karleb(m): 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nope it's just an illusion.

Although many sisters in the lord believe this with all their heart and might.
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
1AngryBird:
What's your stand?
Do you believe In soul mates?
nah, I don't. wat do u believe, 1angrybird? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 01, 2014
@ EnlightenedSoul, High Five!
I Love you ‘Speech’ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
aflyingbird: nah, I don't. wat do u believe, 1angrybird? undecided undecided undecided

I don't believe in fairy tale..

1 Like

Re: Is There Such Thing As ‘soul Mate’? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
RedClay: @ EnlightenedSoul, High Five!
I Love you ‘Speech’ cheesy

Thanks, Red smiley
I didn't mean for it to be a speech.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When U Love That Person You Can't Have(will U Settle For Sex??) / Help!!!my Gf Is Pregnant After Cheatin On Me!!! / Whats Will Be Your Reaction When A Lady Tells You This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.