Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,631 members, 7,901,937 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:55 PM

Facebook Wants You To Use Messenger App For Mobile Chat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Wants You To Use Messenger App For Mobile Chat (569 Views)

How To Create Eskimi Mobile Chat Account / How To Create/ Open 2go Mobile Chat Account / 2go Mobile Chat For Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Wants You To Use Messenger App For Mobile Chat by baseg25(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
Facebook to Axe Mobile App Messaging, Push Messenger App

Facebook is moving ahead with its plans this week to eliminate messaging from its mobile app in favor of Facebook Messenger.
The social network first tested the change on its European users beginning in April. The test rendered “positive results” in engagement, Facebook told Tech Crunch. As a result, the firm is now implementing the change for all users. Facebook’s chief motivation in yanking chat from its main app is the hope it will give usage of its standalone Messenger app a much-needed boost.
“In the next few days, we’re continuing to notify more people that if they want to send and receive Facebook messages, they’ll need to download the Messenger app,” Facebook said in an e-mailed statement to Tech Crunch.
“As we’ve said, our goal is to focus development efforts on making Messenger the best mobile messaging experience possible and avoid the confusion of having separate Facebook mobile messaging experiences. Messenger is used by more than 200 million people every month, and we’ll keep working to make it an even more engaging way to connect with people.”
Once the change is implemented, when users tap the messages button, they will immediately be sent to Messenger. Once messaging is disabled, those attempting to use it who have yet to download Messenger will be encouraged to do so.

Users of Android phones with low memory and Windows phones and tablets will escape the change — for now. Facebook news app Paper will also keep in-app messaging.

The social media firm has been pushing Messenger for some time now.
what do you think?....
for more tech news visit source :http://techcribng.com/facebook-wants-you-to-use-messenger-app-for-mobile-chat/
Re: Facebook Wants You To Use Messenger App For Mobile Chat by obisage(m): 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
nice move! I've being hoping for this for long
Re: Facebook Wants You To Use Messenger App For Mobile Chat by baseg25(m): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
obisage: nice move! I've being hoping for this for long
yes i hope so too
Re: Facebook Wants You To Use Messenger App For Mobile Chat by baseg25(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2014
There is nothing wrong in encouraging users to opt for the Messenger App. Personally, I use it for chat in my android. However, Facebook has to seriously address the issue of bugs and adaptability to different devices if this is to gain popularity. If users find the experience smooth then it becomes easy to gain wide acceptance with mobile and social media users!

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Your Blog/business Android App / 5.5" Iphone 6 To Run Ios Optimized For Landscape Apps / How To Stop Your Blackberry (or Any Other Phone) Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.