Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,296 members, 7,943,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members (15447 Views)

Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members / Osun State 2014 NYSC Batch B Stream II / POP Date For This Current Batch B Corp Members.......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
edetcnn: WE ARE CONDUCTING PHONE OUTLET SURVEYS FOR A PHONE BRAND.
WE NEED A LOCAL RESIDENT TO VISIT AND TAKE SHOTS OF MAJOR PHONE RETAIL OUTLETS IN AWKA AND NNEWIAND ONITSHA TOWNS:

JOB DESCRIPTION:
YOU WILL BE GIVEN A LIST OF THE OUTLETS AND THEIR ADDRESSES (2 IN AWKA, 2 IN NNEWI, AND 3 IN ONITSHA). YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOCATE AND VISIT THE OUTLETS, EXPLAIN THAT YOU ARE ON OUTLET SURVEY, CONFIRM THE OUTLET ADDRESS, GET THE MANAGER/contact person NAME AND PHONE NUMBER, AND TAKE: 1 EXTERIOR SHOT SHOWING THE OUTLET SIGNAGE, AND 3 SHOTS OF THE OUTLET INTERIOR SHOWING WHERE WE CAN POSSIBLY PLACE TABLE OR WALL DISPLAYS. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO EMAIL EVERYTHING SAME DAY TO AN EMAIL.

PLEASE YOU MUST HAVE A SMARTPHONE WITH EMAIL. THIS JOB PROMISES SOME KIND OF REGULARITY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE IN CHARGE OF MONITORING THAT THE DISPLAY MATERIALS (TABLES AND WALL STANDS) THAT WILL EVENTUALLY BE DEPLOYED TO THE OUTLETS ARE INSTALLED AND LATER, MAINTAINED. PLEASE INTERESTED CORPERS TO CONTACT: ED 070 38705 747. BBM 2A38ADBA.
CORPERS WHO WILL BE ON GROUND TILL NEXT YEAR HAVE ADDED ADVANTAGE.

THANK YOU.

Whtz the pay like and how is the pay structured? Am in awka, think am interested
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by dania30(f): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2014
I was just posted to anambra. Any lil' detail about the place will be appreciated wink
Teamc'14
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by misterkay(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2014
dania30:
I was just posted to anambra. Any lil' detail about the place will be appreciated wink
Teamc'14

Serving in Anambra (Batch B). What do you want to know?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by dania30(f): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
misterkay:

Serving in Anambra (Batch B). What do you want to know?

Just a little insight about the camp and the place in general grin I have never been to the east embarassed
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by misterkay(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
dania30:

Just a little insight about the camp and the place in general grin I have never been to the east embarassed
dania30:

Well the camp is located at Umunya. It is a temporary site, which means the place used to be or is still a secondary school.
To be honest, no good toilet facilities (prepare for "shortput"wink, at least in the male hostels, I don't know about the females'.
There are taps are several locations in the camp, but prepare for very long queues at any service point.
Things in the camp market are generally expensive, you pay for everything, even stamping of documents. I must not forget the photocopying, please do those at home.
Carry enough money, if you don't like camp food, but the food is generally manageable sha.

The soldiers are somewhat friendly, but don't cross the front of their quarters.

You would have fun in the camp.
Don't forget to bring copies of your certificates (BSc or HND), callup etc.

The place is safe.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by dania30(f): 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
misterkay:

Well the camp is located at Umunya. It is a temporary site, which means the place used to be or is still a secondary school.
To be honest, no good toilet facilities (prepare for "shortput"wink, at least in the male hostels, I don't know about the females'.
There are taps are several locations in the camp, but prepare for very long queues at any service point.
Things in the camp market are generally expensive, you pay for everything, even stamping of documents. I must not forget the photocopying, please do those at home.
Carry enough money, if you don't like camp food, but the food is generally manageable sha.

The soldiers are somewhat friendly, but don't cross the front of their quarters.

The place is safe.

Lol. Thanks alot!
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 31, 2014
dania30:
Teamc'14

'There are no atm's on camp too so you should take enough money that can last you about 4 weeks because you will need money when you need eventually leave camp, they won't pay your november alawee in camp. Since you are coming to the east for the first time I advise that you board a bus going to Enugu and tell the driver to drop you at the orientation camp in Umunya, it is located along on the Onitsha-Enugu expressway. Incase you don't get a straight vehicle to enugu where you are coming from, enter a bus going to Onitsha and when the bus drops you, pick a bike and tell him you are going to awka park. The bus going to awka from onitsha passes that route..... Be careful of Onitsha boys they can do anything to collect the last kobo from you *winks*

I am a batch B corper presently serving in the state, 32FC7EE3; dts my bb pin, u may add up if u need additional information! All the best!!!
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by dania30(f): 6:22am On Oct 31, 2014
Niffykay2:

'There are no atm's on camp too so you should take enough money that can last you about 4 weeks because you will need money when you need eventually leave camp, they won't pay your november alawee in camp. Since you are coming to the east for the first time I advise that you board a bus going to Enugu and tell the driver to drop you at the orientation camp in Umunya, it is located along on the Onitsha-Enugu expressway. Incase you don't get a straight vehicle to enugu where you are coming from, enter a bus going to Onitsha and when the bus drops you, pick a bike and tell him you are going to awka park. The bus going to awka from onitsha passes that route..... Be careful of Onitsha boys they can do anything to collect the last kobo from you *winks*

I am a batch B corper presently serving in the state, 32FC7EE3; dts my bb pin, u may add up if u need additional information! All the best!!!
Thanks alot! What network is good in camp? Glo or mtn? And again how strict are the officials in camp, someone got me a sneakers with an ash stripes. Can I wear that undecided
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by cashflowpc(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2014
dania30:

Thanks alot! What network is good in camp? Glo or mtn? And again how strict are the officials in camp, someone got me a sneakers with an ash stripes. Can I wear that undecided

Airtel is the best network in camp, i''l advice u buy the rubber shoe whn u get to camp, this is raining season. They wont allow it, the officials ar very strict but friendly
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by dania30(f): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2014
cashflowpc:

Airtel is the best network in camp, i''l advice u buy the rubber shoe whn u get to camp, this is raining season. They wont allow it, the officials ar very strict but friendly
Oh! I will get one in camp then. And I use glo and mtn, guess I will buy airtel then. Thanks a lot. God bless u
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
seuner:
Otondos! welcome to Anambra state ' The light of the nation'. I shall be giving you important details for a conducive stay at anambra.

Transportation: From south west, edo , delta; board a bus going to enugu ( the reason for this is to avoid undue stresses of moving along the onitsha busy street with your excessive luggages, also, it will aid ease and speed of getting to d camp since umunya is along onitsha-awka-enugu road), alight at umunya corpers camp. then board a bike to d camp.

For those who deem it fit to pass through onitsha, or those coming from other parts of d country, after the bus has dropped u at onitsha, get a bike that will take u to where u can get bus to Awka (upper iweka). (pls be security conscious, since u are new to anambra, even though onitsha people are so friendly and hospitable, some elements still exist there). board awka bus and alight at umunya camp(150 naira); then board a bike to d camp (50 naira or so).

ABOUT UMUNYA CAMP: The camp is located at Oyi local govt, it has a serene and green environment, with lawn looking parade ground. it consist of many well built and painted hostels like the independence ( up indepence hostel), oyi, national, white, equity etc. with bad toilets and bathrooms ( so expect, shot puts and longthrow, although not advisable but i do am well well).

On arrival : I would advise u to arrive to camp early, so as to get a better accomodation, also to avoid long and stressful queueing during registration after a tedious journey and to get a fitted or a fairly fitted kits- many will get extra large). on arrival, u will be searched by some friendly officers, then you proceed for accomodation registration, after getting your hostel, locate a suitable territory for your bed location, keep your luggages on it ( remove cash, atm, phones and other valuable items). then speedily go and get your bed at the store on the other side after the parade ground. after collecting your bed, take it to ur hostel and proceed for call up letter clarification and other registration in phases

Camp Officials: Umunya camp has the most friendly but disciplined army ( all hail the commandoes, you guys will meet d young fluent action commando, comedian RSM, atama clapping r.i.p. platoon 10 commandant).

The state coordinator, who is popularly known for her charming dresses and her anthem ( anyama supepe....anyama, anyama supepe). The camp coordinator might be mr. uranta, a tall skinny man ( sorry sir, thats how best i can describe you). whose popular slogan ussually make the crowd burst into laughter ( good morning this morning, something happened yesterday, camp court!), the Obs man,our devotional cordinator ( remember to learn On christ the solid rock hymn) thats d devotional anthem.

my advice: dont insult any camp officials no matter how small or menial they look, they might turn to be your lga inspector or zonal inspector after camp; for example, my own lga inspector was in the kitchen in camp.

Groups in camp: There are various groups i would advice you to join.
1. OBS- orientation braoadcasting service oversees the passage of information/announcement, entertainment, public address system, sport commentary during matches, event organizer, news broadcasting and public relations.although its for everyone, but to avoid eviction i advise that if you are an entertainer, communicator, engineer ( majorly electrical), musician, comedian, studio technicals, commentators, you can join this group.

2. Camp Band: these are those that engage in military parade entertainment, devotional praises with drums, trumpet, saxophone, biggle. they also engage in blowing the biggle ( its like trumpet) for light out and conveyance to d parade ground. ( everybody knows the biggle man and trust me, na nysc pikin be d biggle man). if you can sing, energetic enough to stand for a long while, could play instruments ( wind and percussion instrument), you can join this group. there is a great reward for joining.

3. Camp court: if you a legal personnel, this is d group you must join. they oversee the legal activities of the camp. they issue punitive measures to undisciplined corp member based on the nysc bye laws ( abeg make una no face camp court oo, even jail dey camp ooo). lawyers, dont let corp members know u are in camp court ooo...(joking)

4. Medical expertees and red cross: this consist of medicine and surgery graduates, nursing and science laboratory technologist. you must always be in the camp clinic for emergencies and treatment of ailing corp member. your own parade ground is the clinic.

5.Other groups include social committee, sport committee, SAED committee. joining some of these committees might not yield a good result. i am a victim of sport committee, even though it was fun and an added knowledge.

Platoon Activities: platoon means a 'small group of soldiers'. The last number on your state code automatically fixes you in a platoon. e.g state code 1214 will be in platoon 4, code 0320 will be in platoon 10, code 2381 will be in platoon 1. A platoon officer ( nysc official), platoon commandant and assistant (2 army), a man o' war and platoon leader and assistant ( a corp member)
a. Platoon leader-He/she will carry out the leadership responsibility in the platoon as designated by superior platoo officers listed above. Guy! please rush in for this position; though stressful a bit, but its an hot cake if you are effective. most especially when u win trophies for your platoon.
b. Platoons challenge- Several competitions will hold at the camp, which include, sport (football, volleyball), drama, macho man,dance (mostly cultural dance of your posting state), beauty paegent, comedy, talks, parade and some other social activities. Your engagement in these activities and yielding remarkable result for your platoon might lead to a favourable PPA posting. Its really fun guys.

Camp Supplies: You will be provided with a bed space ( first come first serve) and a mat-looking bed (na joke ooo!), a meal ticket ( trust some of the 'Jagunlabis' who ate more than 2 plates with one card). You will be given a complete kits in which many of u might not get a fitted size. ( try and exchange with others who needs yours and you need theirs OR beg the officer in charge). Also, there is a consistent and uninterrupted water and electricity supply (no charging points in d hostels).

Camp Market: popularly called 'maamy' . many market sellers are waiting for you to patronize them,ranging from food sellers ( state local meal, indomie, fried foods like akara), tailors, phone charging spots, consumables, plates, socks and underwears, dry cleaners, viewing centers e.t.c. things are very expensive in camp. Also try and visit the federal market (nccf).

Religious activities: you are at immunity to practise your religion as far as it does not interrupt with camp rules.
My Advise: many lives might be ruined in camp and many lives will be equipped, its an avenue for you to draw closer to God. Activities will almost take you away from your spiritual devotions but Nigeria christian corpers fellowship and muslim corpers fellowship are there for you.
both fellowships will withdraw cash for you ( u might run out of cash, charge your phones and couselling. all for free!)
NCCF impact your life through their daily worship and word filled service and engages in spiritual counselling and welfarism. The MCF makes sure u engage in your daily 5 times prayed uninterrupted.

expect more info later. 21 days in a confined territory away from the real world is once in a life time. two things are involved, its either you are equipped or destroyed. I am trusting God for your lives that after 21 days, you will come out smiling and not soberly, with a testimony and not with regrets. Have a fulfilled stay.
just saw this and felt like sharing
Cc: Babatawa blessedgurl Stancity Jemimaa01
majidyusuf Ademasta Iykebest1 ifeanyija Zeeenas
Sydneyboss Hilsocial deracathy Donpsymon
Thespark Haliluck Allsmyles whizqueen Sambest2
Shawwal1 Physika Idee91 Rmfunky Xcozee
Gazaliah dossylvanus Benebaby77 Kbs468
Chikaodili345 Goldeone Prettyface Horladmejy
Ellagoldy Ayima Annybens1993 Beamborla
KeriBaby Kogistan IamYhudii Hadassaheke
Pweetyface iykebest1 Sugarcoated Venom104
Haywire1 Blym Burantashii emerich kunlesufyan
Starlight101 Harinholar chomytex Mzmeeday
Aare2050 adusco Joyce21 muhyideenabdul
zaFuhrer noordean prodiG Elmisti maeridee
omitooguns Armynu Raylight2 Eseohe23 Dolafunmi
golddeejay foxxynik Macbukky93 tk4life Rajosh
Hardeywhummie dubylhover omavicky pretty050
Naughtylagosguy Princeparix Emlina Olami90
Ekeneluvsu Estyble Kunle106 Lagusta Nikkyzeee
Sinbad2 Wamenzy Chimajii Kingdamzy
Adakoleagbenu Donxab Roqrules04 Wreetah
Folabimi Chinweukamaka SirMalik Mistersle3m
naughtylagosguy elemhusny Oduok StarryV
amii131 orlahtohbadt Kookny Marcelinho Jglad
LifeIsGuhd owhizkid Sanchez01 seun305
postingnysc flex12 bharkarh Paulpaulpaul
Princesszainab Mobi18 haykayjay COOLESTAL
Doublelady orogodoganyin idirect Faithluv5
mekstaniac Solomonodimegwu gallery0519 kam4r
JibrilJunior easysam14 debeejay Shegofams
ssholiyz Olurote ViktaSlim whoViktaSlim Ene4real
sod09 SPDAZZY cisca53 hayzed2 saxwizard
hola106 Legend4life Jimohllife MsFaith Kinolas
henrixx brownice1 Danfemi Danfemi phummite01
Doxie69 69Missedcalls Fireandice wallexak Danator
anthony8888 jatau7 kobIsiAbuncha Cousim
IsiAbuncha jaziridon mustymatic sammy2310
Debris chemss whodohgeepee Surulere2
somito121 wailing Whytdot Onyeka32
goody1shoe73 Samapoh Uniqueness01 tonyx4x44
TITANIUM247 Holumiedey lawlarDee et al

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by mhlazio(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
misterkay:

The place is safe.

We only av a Notification of result not a certificate yet....
M I ryt or m mistaken bfr I take ma move tmao****

Frm Ikd city
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by misterkay(m): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
mhlazio:

We only av a Notification of result not a certificate yet.... M I ryt or m mistaken bfr I take ma move tmao****
Frm Ikd city
that'll do
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Cee9(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2015
zobocola will be trending live at umunya. so as you come, make sure tou grap your own pack for the three weeeks na only one day we go stay there ooo...

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Bequee(f): 12:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Hi guys.... D name is Becky.... Graduated from Delsu and was posted to anambra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Attention Corpers!!!!: Phony Medical Reports / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards / 20 Essential Items Prospective Corps Members NEED To Take To Orientation Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.