Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,565 members, 7,929,809 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. (1270 Views)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 / C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Henrodah(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Please I need to know why Cameroun is participating at this current commonwealth at Glasgow. I have tried getting infos online, but nothing yet. Any ideas nairaland peeps
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Omexonomy: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Southern cameroön was part and parcel of nigeria but speaking the same language with nigeria. In order for zik not to have a landslide victory (in 1963 or so) awolowo conspire with the northern gov to convice the souther cameroon to go and join their kith and kin in cameroon but they refuse to allow the people of adamawa and some part to go and join cameroon. With that move zik lost in the election. The father of the great skipper Roger miller up till his death was claiming to be a nigerian thru the northern cameron. The first president of cameroon Aijo's family return to nigeria after the move and settled in the present day adamawa..

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by semitunde: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2014
^^^^^

...well at least this is the version according to word-of-mouth, handed down to you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by obeski13(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Cameroon is made up of southern and northern cameroon.d southern part was under british rule,while d northern part was under french rule before they decided to come together.so they are partly english and partly french.d govt decided to join commonwealth countries abt 2years ago..

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Henrodah(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wow thanks bruv for shedding more light on this issue. I really appreciate your effort.
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by tuffgongjo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
I won't disagree with @Omexonomy,but I won't agree also.
Cameroun was divided betwixt France$England after the WW1,and one rule of admission into the commonwealth in your having connection(colonial stuffs)with england,so they are a member of commonwealth based on colonial connection.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Henrodah(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
@tuffgongjo that's so true too.... Nice one.
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Henrodah(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
tuffgongjo: I won't disagree with @Omexonomy,but I won't agree also.
Cameroun was divided betwixt France$England after the WW1,and one rule of admission into the commonwealth in your having connection(colonial stuffs)with england,so they are a member of commonwealth based on colonial connection.
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by OtunbaJega: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Henrodah(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
obeski13: Cameroon is made up of southern and northern cameroon.d southern part was under british rule,while d northern part was under french rule before they decided to come together.so they are partly english and partly french.d govt decided to join commonwealth countries abt 2years ago..
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by jihday(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Omexonomy: Southern cameroön was part and parcel of nigeria but speaking the same language with nigeria. In order for zik not to have a landslide victory (in 1963 or so) awolowo conspire with the northern gov to convice the souther cameroon to go and join their kith and kin in cameroon but they refuse to allow the people of adamawa and some part to go and join cameroon. With that move zik lost in the election. The father of the great skipper Roger miller up till his death was claiming to be a nigerian thru the northern cameron. The first president of cameroon Aijo's family return to nigeria after the move and settled in the present day adamawa..
You reason like you aren't educated # no insult intended #
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Dhelake: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Omexonomy: Southern cameroön was part and parcel of nigeria but speaking the same language with nigeria. In order for zik not to have a landslide victory (in 1963 or so) awolowo conspire with the northern gov to convice the souther cameroon to go and join their kith and kin in cameroon but they refuse to allow the people of adamawa and some part to go and join cameroon. With that move zik lost in the election. The father of the great skipper Roger miller up till his death was claiming to be a nigerian thru the northern cameron. The first president of cameroon Aijo's family return to nigeria after the move and settled in the present day adamawa..
Tales my Grandfather told me
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Omexonomy: 6:34am On Aug 01, 2014
jihday: i reason like aren't educated # no insult intended #
fixed
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Omexonomy: 6:38am On Aug 01, 2014
Dhelake: Tales my Grandfather told me
olodo oshi. You want me to take side with awolowo against zik
Re: Why Is Cameroun Participating In The Current Commonwealth Games. by Henrodah(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Naija and tribal issues sef.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Arsenal Can Win The Premier League 2014/15 / Football Writers Wanted - Monthly Pay Job / Pls Help Me Predict And Arange Bet9ja Weekend Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.