Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,936 members, 7,931,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:35 PM

Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils (19861 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Rivers LG Poll: APC Leads In 22 Out Of 23 Councils / Governors Reject Autonomy For Local Government Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by maweblog: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Win 20k Every Month
This is a very great opportunity for you to win 20k every month. All you need to do is be a constant reader of www.mawenews.com and most importantly alway drop comment on every post with your name or anytin to identify you.Every Month End we Give Out 20k to the most frequent comment. if you think its not real just start by trying today, trust me u will never regret it.
get entertainment <gist < Gossips and lot more on www.mawenews.com
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by obowunmi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
What benefit is this to the people?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Jovie: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
englishmart: The more the local government areas, the closer the government to the people.

I just pray he uses this avenue to reach out to everyone.

Their national cakes should be evenly distributed
cool
we hope so o!
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by fabregas04(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
texaco1: exactly my point, he has less than 8weeks yet he is making a very crucial decision as this. I know fayose will soon issue out a statement on this matter
he's done that some weeks back(that he would not recognise d LCDAs and its (hurriedly)employed staffs). So many questn mark on dis LCDAs. Not back-up by FG, avenue for looters, source of its revenue, its viability, problm 4 incoming Admin etc. JKF is on d verge of setting d pple and Fayose admin against each other cos if he(fayose) disregards d 11th hour employed staff, they won't b hapi wt him, ditto 4d affected LCDAs towns, particularly d supposed HQ.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by elbinmanny(m): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
CHISOS....!!!!!!!! shocked
finally i made front page...after 4yrs in NL...Fp want be like JAMB now grin
i want to dedicate this trophy to my family n friends who has in one way or the other been my source of insiration
i wont forget my ex...who broke my heart in 2010..an action which motivated me to join NL to vent my anger undecided and laff as well
i want to thank SEUN n his mods that that have been throwing all my fp materials to the waste bin angry
i wont forget all my e-friend and e-enemies on NL wink
all i have to say to u...that would one day love to make fp...keep posting...na turn by turn...one day u go make . kiss
.gracias...i love u all.
drops the mic and jumps back into my dream to continue my hot bath with Beyounce undecided
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by babawalexy(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
nawa ooo...the man wan create problem for the incoming governor..check my blog

http://babawalexy..com/2014/07/president-jonathan-appoints-suleiman.html
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Tintinix: 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Is it now one Local Government per family compound or what?

35 in a State! How do they plan to sustain themselves?

Ah yes! Federal Monthly Allocation!!

Why for goodness sake does anyone take APC as a good alternative for PDP?

Just few weeks to go and you go and create 19 LGAs and he says they should not term it as a Landmine.

SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by KLand(m): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
I hope the vital issue of funding was seriously considered before creating the new LGs? I am yet to be convinced that the action was not il-informed. I would like to know Fayose's response to this.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Ephemmm: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
20pounds: Fayemi had four years to do the bidding of Ekiti people, but he chose to do the bidding of Lion of Bourdillon. He was voted out for non-performance, but his party called it 'stomach infrastructure'. Instead of him to retire peacefully and rue his days in office, in quiet solitude, he has decided to lay landmines for the incoming administration.

So much for the much touted 'gentleman'. These LGs that he created, on the request of 'Lagos', is going to cost him the little integrity he has from his democratic/gentleman pretensions.

Bitter politicians and sore losers are all over Nigeria, and this has been the bane of development in this country.

APC e Liars, how viable is Ekiti to sustain 35 LGs?

I think they would be able to sustain it the same way Goodluck Jonathan has been sustaining Boko Haram, rising debt, unemployment and corruption in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Abey23: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=pat077]he did this just to create problem for d next administration. If nt, why didn't he create d local govt b4 d election.
The process that led to the creation started before election bro
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by RebelLeader15(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Tintinix: Is it now one Local Government per family compound or what?

35 in a State! How do they plan to sustain themselves?

Ah yes! Federal Monthly Allocation!!

Why for goodness sake does anyone take APC as a good alternative for PDP?

Just few weeks to go and you go and create 19 LGAs and he says they should not term it as a Landmine.

SMH!!!

Don't mind Fayemi and his ignorant cabinet....
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
ayobase: please well informed person, what are the pros and cons attached to having more or less LG in a state.

I believe that creating of more LGs should be based on revenue generated by the state or the country.

creating more LGs will be able to attend more to people's needs.

creating more LGs reduces unemployment.

Creating more LGs makes embezzlement easier.

Please, someone should lecture me before I start speaking off point in my office.

I just corrected me. Hope no one saw my error.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by ebofin: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
elbinmanny: The Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has signed into law a bill to create additional 19 local government council development areas in the state.

Speaking at the signing of the bill in Ado Ekiti, Governor Fayemi appealed to the incoming government not to see it as a political trap.

“This is not a political trap for anyone, I must say that. This is without prejudice to whatever transition arrangements that are being put in place because these are minimum irreducible demands of Ekiti people. What we have done is simply to fulfill the yearnings of our people, and we hope that succeeding administrations in the state will build on this effort”, the Governor explained.

He said the new local government areas will come into immediate effect in all the areas affected “following necessary assets sharing and the necessary implementation of administrative responsibility”.

The Governor expressed confidennce that the exercise would work in the interest of the people and that the bill would ensure equal justice for all citizens and residents of Ekiti State.

The Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Dr Adewale Omirin in his short remarks congratulated the members of House, stating that past governments which had attempted it failed.

Dr  Omirin, on his part said that the Ekiti State House of Assembly was the most productive House so far in the country, considering the fact that the House had passed into law, 64 bills in just 3 years.

With this development, the state now operates 35 local councils as there were only 16 before
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/31/fayemi-creates-additional-19-local-government-councils/
I see this as a callous act of expanding the expenditure frame for the next government when there's still complain about the insufficiency of funds from the federal govt and also for the fact that he(the incumbent governor) isn't likely to get back into office.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by freecitizn: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
19 more LGA chairmen
19 more Local-First Ladies
19 more holes punctured in the the state treasury bag
19 more aibis to inflate the already bloated governance apparatus

We need to trim, strengthen and increase the efficency and accountability of the existing structure first...and not burden it some more!
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by deebsman1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
What Fayose will dismantle once he takes over undecided. abi no b 9ja politics wey we bin dey follow so?? Late Alabi Lawal did it in kwara on d eve of his administration and Bukola Saraki reversed it on taking oath of office.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by gidjah(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Zikdik:
You really should stop commenting on issues you know little or nothing about.
we all know d value of local govt councils , but we can also tell you wit all authority that the creation was not for such purpose rather to politically witch hunt d next leader.why was this not done way back, or he tot he is going to live long in office by buying over all his boys in his govt so to win his election?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Reference(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you want to see the origins of poverty. How poverty is created, this is a classic case.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by biomedixexcel(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
All of them are the same, creating local governments in the remaining 3 months, may God give us good leaders
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Zikdik:
NA WHO BE DIS ONEangry
NA U I DEY TALK TOangry
NONSENSEangry
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by tayolove12(m): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fayemi dey mad ni
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Ariba2(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Zikdik:
I think it's you dat knows nothing about Ekiti. Its obvious that he is creating problem for the incoming govt.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by viclodge: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Zikdik:

who told you he know nothing or little about the issue. fayemi plan is to cause problem for the upcoming gov, because ekiti is not rich at all. our allocation is the second smallest in 9ja now he created 19 more localgov to 16 localgov. and the 19 local gov. wont be fund by the federal gov. so he will have to use the money that it is not enough before for rubbish after he had borrow over 25 billion so How can ekiti cope wif debt to pay and 36 localgov to fund wif a little Allocation, can u see where am pointing to?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Moheat(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
undecided
eaglechild: Ekiti wey small like football pitch na him this jweed dey divide.
lol
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by gebest: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
cyril10: Do they have the money to fund these local govt areas?
dem go dey manage d 1 wey dem get.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by ayobase(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
victorels:

I just corrected me. Hope no one saw my error.

Huh?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by snaketail22(m): 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
this is a political game the APC and JKF can't win ... Let's wait and see
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Cul4real(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
maweblog: Win 20k Every Month
This is a very great opportunity for you to win 20k every month. All you need to do is be a constant reader of www.mawenews.com and most importantly alway drop comment on every post with your name or anytin to identify you.Every Month End we Give Out 20k to the most frequent comment. if you think its not real just start by trying today, trust me u will never regret it.
get entertainment <gist < Gossips and lot more on www.mawenews.com
Tell us, how much you have got from it for yourself first?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by JEITO: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
The present ones are not economically viable, you are creating more. Nigeria politicians and their leadership style sef.

One day, every household with up to 12 extended family members, would be given a LG.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by eoadeniji(m): 12:06am On Aug 01, 2014
Olusharp: oya fayemi clap for your self, omo re bi iyan, omo haa,omo hun, omo haa hun haa.
grin
Olusharp: oya fayemi clap for your self, omo re bi iyan, omo haa,omo hun, omo haa hun haa.
guy u funny o

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by anonimi: 3:44am On Aug 01, 2014
englishmart: The more the local government areas, the closer the government to the people.

I just pray he uses this avenue to reach out to everyone.

Their national cakes should be evenly distributed
cool

How about it been evenly produced/baked/made as well instead of just distributed
If not for Niger Delta oil revenue, na wetin be national cake?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by emiye(m): 3:57am On Aug 01, 2014
I thought there was a referendum, and it was the wish of the people, at least those who came out to vote.

The new council creation is now a law ,and not a proclamation, Fayose can not come in and disband it,except if he wants to be impeached.

In my personal opinion, i don't think there are needs for more local councils in an homogeneous state like ekiti state, but who am i to know more than the people of ekiti who spoke with their votes in the referendum. Lagos state in 2004 or thereabouts also created 37 additional councils, and i feel it was beneficial in that case.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 01, 2014
elbinmanny: The Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has signed into law a bill to create additional 19 local government council development areas in the state.

Speaking at the signing of the bill in Ado Ekiti, Governor Fayemi appealed to the incoming government not to see it as a political trap.

“This is not a political trap for anyone, I must say that. This is without prejudice to whatever transition arrangements that are being put in place because these are minimum irreducible demands of Ekiti people. What we have done is simply to fulfill the yearnings of our people, and we hope that succeeding administrations in the state will build on this effort”, the Governor explained.

He said the new local government areas will come into immediate effect in all the areas affected “following necessary assets sharing and the necessary implementation of administrative responsibility”.

The Governor expressed confidennce that the exercise would work in the interest of the people and that the bill would ensure equal justice for all citizens and residents of Ekiti State.

The Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Dr Adewale Omirin in his short remarks congratulated the members of House, stating that past governments which had attempted it failed.

Dr  Omirin, on his part said that the Ekiti State House of Assembly was the most productive House so far in the country, considering the fact that the House had passed into law, 64 bills in just 3 years.

With this development, the state now operates 35 local councils as there were only 16 before
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/31/fayemi-creates-additional-19-local-government-councils/

A state that was declared as non viable, a state that couldn't pay the minimum wage ,that brings no resources to the nation,one of the poorest states in Nigeria by Nigerian statistics and the governor is balkanizing it further when it ought to be merged back with Ondo State sef
You can't pay the salary when it was 16 LGA and expect to do wonders with 35
E be like say this loser and his APC gang are bent on destroying the whole place before packing out
What a useless venture

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Next List Of Looters Will Shock Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Osinbajo, Atiku, Governors, Family, Celebrate Pa Okowa’s Legacy / David Okon Donates 5 Storey-Building To Tinubu Support Groups In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.