Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP (15102 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Ngwakwe: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:
i also remember them working out of the pdp convention.

Do you actually believe the statement you made above supersedes or equate to judicial declaration or opinion?

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Descartes: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatlyf: The PDP was factionalised prior to their defection
When, how and in what occasion !
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Timijo(m): 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
What the guy did is: if you cannot catch them, join them. And APC said, ''You cannot eat you cake and have again.''
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Do you actually believe the statement you made above supersedes or equate to judicial declaration or opinion?
are you talking our courts that set bode George free or the one let maina off the hook.
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Ngwakwe: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:
are you talking our courts that set bode George free or the one let maina off the hook.

You mean to say James Ibori as I still remember Bode George served six months jail term
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by fiverrwin(f): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Educated fools
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean James Ibori as I still remember Bode George served six months term
but his ex con status was recently rescinded.
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Descartes:
When, how and in what occasion !
After the PDP's Convention in 2013, there arose a faction led by Karawu Baraje. Five Govs and other top PDP Politicians left. Factionalising the party that led to the formation of nPDP
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Descartes: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatlyf: After the PDP's Convention in 2013, there arose a faction led by Karawu Baraje. Five Govs and other top PDP Politicians left. Factionalising the party that led to the formation of nPDP
I know that's where you'll head to but their counsel says there was no Fractionalisation and those that left the convention venue are aggrieved members.
What about that
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by russello: 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Was there ever at any point in time an INEC-REGISTERED political party known as nPDP?
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Descartes:
I know that's where you'll head to but their counsel says there was no Fractionalisation and those that left the convention venue are aggrieved members.
What about that
Whose counsel? If there wasn't then PDP would have declared the seats of the Govs Vacant through the court. But guess what? they tried and could not make it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by bIoodyassassin: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pdp 3 : Apc 1
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Descartes: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatlyf: Whose counsel? If there wasn't then PDP would have declared the seats of the Govs Vacant through the court. But guess what? they tried and could not make it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Not that they could not make it but were applying extremely carefulness because of the ripple effects it may generate cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by BABAKABIRU301(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
TAMBUWA PLS TIME FOR ACTION

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
HEHEHEHEHE.. APC has throwed the first blow, when PDP returns the blow make dem no complain

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Moredew(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
idumuose:
Sometimes i imagine if APC were the ruling party at the federal level,may God forbid though,Nigerians would be very sorry for voting them into power.

Why is it difficult for APC to obey Common court orders? Why is it difficult for OPC APC to play by the rules?
So d rule is to impeach Nyako and leave Theodore orji,use army to haras seating Govnors, go to court wen governors leave their party but wen dey defect to theirs its right, shorten or withhold states DAT don't lick their a.as, allocation, send police commissioners DAT will be harassing State govnors to State DAT don't shout I loyal. Think before u type.
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by akumada1: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli: what can i say? At least there are no factions in the APC.
Remember he was voted into power through acn not apc. Now no more acn, so he have the constitutional right to defect to another party.
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by BABAKABIRU301(f): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
OYA OOO TAMBUWA IT'S TIME FOR ACTION

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by akumada1: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
BABAKABIRU301: TAMBUWA PLS TIME FOR ACTION
David mark also should do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by isi4(m): 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
obayaya: Let it be known that APC drew the first blood in the "declaration of legislative seats vacant" saga that is about to begin.

Expect PDP to take it to the next level at the National Assembly.

Let the games begin grin

You spoke my mind bro....hope it doesn't backfire APC @ the Federal level
Them wan turn my State to Rivers....and hope hope APC are aware too that Rivers lawmakers too decamped from PDP to APC, so they too should vacate their seat!!! Just wondering why APC like giving the PDP road to deal with them
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by obamartins(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
bushdoc9919: [size=22pt]The fact is the Speaker is right....the law does state that when you defect....your seat becomes vacant.
[/size]
The problem is, that is one law that has been blatantly ignored by all parties since 1999. Especially in Abuja...where defections at the National Assembly are just met with a big yawn.
their sits cannot be declared vacant because the party that brought them (nine Pdp members) to power no longer exists. They where elected on the platform of ACN not APC, hence they have the right to move to any other party after the merger. So this won't fly, Oshiomhole and his boys in the house are confused on how to go abt these crises, the 9 pdp members are still having a upper hand, while the APC legislators look exhausted and out of ideas. My one cent.

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by SpencerLewis(m): 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
idumuose:
Sometimes i imagine if APC were the ruling party at the federal level,may God forbid though,Nigerians would be very sorry for voting them into power.

Why is it difficult for APC to obey Common court orders? Why is it difficult for OPC APC to play by the rules?
Do u young idumuose sincerely want to know the truth about why APC is finding it 'very difficult to play by the rules'? THe answer is very simple. PDP taught them just that. See Oyinlola Vs PDDigs is enough of a case study.
KA CHINEKE DOZIE OKWU (Apology to Zebrudaya)
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by SpencerLewis(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Descartes: "He said Session 109 (1g) of the 1999 Constitution as amended, empowers the Speaker to declare the seat of a lawmaker, upon defection to another party from the party he was elected, vacant." shocked shocked shocked

With this development, those 37 Legislooters at the Red Chamber and their counterparts in Green Chamber are as good as gone. cool
May be if the senate president and the speaker of the fed house got balls to do that.
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Descartes: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
SpencerLewis:
May be if the senate president and the speaker of the fed house got balls to do that.
Getting balls, PDP is very subtle, patiently waiting for APC to fire the first shot tongue
But that is none of my...

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Fantacy1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sm1 shud pls educate dis speaker on political procedures/ethics. APC is a newly formed merger Party, thus ve no rite 2 suspend sm1 who did not recieve his mandate under itz platform. The Law makers ve d rite 2 defect or denounce any party provided dey wia not voted in via the said Party. Lol...I tot APC wia crying foul wen PDP moved 2 suspend itz law makers who worn dia mandate under the so-called umprella party. Nigeria is yet 2 c the pple oriented party....God bless Nairalanders
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
obayaya:

Walking out of the convention isn't a proof of division. Anybody can choose to leave a meeting whenever he/she wants wink grin

Bia this guy, jachara eze chekie mail gi asap.
O wu otu o nadi gi once you follow girl dey talk.
I na ajachasi eze at every slightest comment angry

Wish they post you to Sambisa next week, maybe those ugly teeth will disappear for good. tongue

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by CyberWolf: 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:
superior argument, i concede. Let them head to court.
that's I admire you, unlike other APC touts that behaves like agbero..if it were them now, they would resort to insult..

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Em121: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Politics sha. embarassedPolitics sha.
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Descartes: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
isi4:

You spoke my mind bro....hope it doesn't backfire APC @ the Federal level
Them wan turn my State to Rivers....and hope hope APC are aware too that Rivers lawmakers too decamped from PDP to APC, so they too should vacate their seat!!! Just wondering why APC like giving the PDP road to deal with them
@bolded is the reason why Olisa Metuh describe the party as a party with supporter of APC ideology tongue

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Tintinix: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
idumuose:

Like seriously oh!
One of their Governors just created 19 LGAs few weeks to his stepping out of office.. then turns around and tells us not to use our heads... we should not term it as a political trap, while this act is very obviously is a bomb...

Nigerians be warned!

@OP..
So Rivers PDP warra you waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by Ephemmm: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Every new day, a new drama....
Naija politics I hail oooooo
Re: Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP by obayaya(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:
so what is division.

grin grin grin

Ask the court wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Welcome Home Party Held For Oshiomhole At Iyamho / ECOWAS Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Right Case Against FG / FEC Approves N109.187bn For Road, Hostel Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.