Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,887 members, 7,886,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 09:26 AM

Fundraising For Terror Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fundraising For Terror Victims (1399 Views)

Why Muslims Share Equal Responsibilty For Terror Attacks / Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People / To All Who Blames Gej For Terror Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fundraising For Terror Victims by tallfish145(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Just watching the donation on NTA, I wonder what those billions donated will be used for. Fingers crossed
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by stanech: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
I am watching NTA o! So we have people who can just donate a billion and smiling yet we have over 50 million school drop outs.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by adanduka: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Me too.

In fact it is saddening that all these individuals giving 1 billion naira and thousands of dollars could do better economically for the Nigerian youth but have not.

Someone even gave 2.5 billion, more than Dangote's 1 billion and received a handshake from Mama Peace.

So this kind of money exists in Nigerians pockets shocked

2 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by adanduka: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Okorocha gives 10 million naira. Lowest donation.
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Elefida(f): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na waoh! This means emergence of new billionaires cos its going into the politicians pocket.
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Kinkale(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Seriously rochas don fall hands.. 10mil... Seriously E nor make sense

On the other hand.. Dat guy wey give 2.5 billion get brain.. Zap boko haram.. Economic empowerment.. Na naw dem wan clean up dere bullsh.it?

1 Like

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by UnknownT: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Watching it when i know that right now i can't boast of #1000 in my bank account and i started crying! The banking sector donated 17billion, 2mrw they will start deducting the little change i have in my account!!! *still crying*

2 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
adanduka: Okorocha gives 10 million naira. Lowest donation.
how much do you want him to donate before? Each state government donated a hundred million naira including FCT.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by UnknownT: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
The same cabal that our economy has been revolving around are the same people making the donations.
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by adanduka: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
berem: how much do you want him to donate before? Each state government donated a hundred million naira including FCT.

He's the only governor that matched out. And the limit for personally announcing your donation is 1 billion. He likes doing 'notice me or I quench'. grin
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by adanduka: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
UnknownT: Watching it when i know that right now i can't boast of #1000 in my bank account and i started crying! The banking sector donated 17billion, 2mrw they will start deducting the little change i have in my account!!! *still crying*

True!
Just a little deduction from the millions of accounts they manage will produce the said 17 million.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by doofanc: 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
NA wa oooo. Danjuma personally just gave a donation of $10m shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Where the f*** does he get the money from??

1 Like

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by doofanc: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
BTW I wonder why he chose to announce in $$$
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by stanech: 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Cheiii. There's God oooo

1 Like

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by doofanc: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kinkale:

On the other hand.. Dat guy wey give 2.5 billion get brain.. Zap boko haram.. Economic empowerment.. Na naw dem wan clean up dere bullsh.it?

Really? I must have missed that one. who gave that amount?

1 Like

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by SaintEddie: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Danjuma owns 2 oil wells and he earns between $14m to $25m per day, the old man is bastardly rich.

Anyway, that's not my problem, my concern is the mode of sharing and the kind of support they wanna give to victims. Already Chibok community is in crisis cos of the N100m fed govt gave them during the visit, I just hope this fund won't throw the country into another phase of crisis o.

The fundraising would have been for the purchase of war armaments to combat BH and not the other way round, the time is not yet ripe for assisting or compensating victims of terror, let's fight the war and win first.

My take shaaa o.

3 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by omenka(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
How about raising funds to set up structures like SMEs so our youths can be gainfully employed/engaged, making them largely inaccessible and unavailable for the purposes of political thuggery, armed robbery, kidnapping, and of course, terrorism

Doesn't it make more sense spending the same amount of money in solving a problem in preventing it

Regardless, if the donated funds are used for the purposes for which they were raised, then we could have a lot less people vulnerable to being recruited by the terrorists to wreck more havoc on the country.

Pray God gives our "leaders" the heart to see just how much their greed and wickedness have imperilled the people and make them turn from their wicked ways.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by PheezyLee(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
adanduka: Okorocha gives 10 million naira. Lowest donation.
He initially said N10m &bros J asked did e mean to say Naira/Dollar &e responded with 'As ur lordship pleases' meaning e agreed to $10m!!
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by sunvick(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
T.Y Danjuma gave $10m kaii see how dey call money like a b c d.
T.Y U follow for tose subsidy scammers wey we dey look for ohh.
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by PheezyLee(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
please the equivalent of $10m in naira is wt i have N1.5b (@d rate of N150.00) if aint mistaken!!
dtz Gen. T.Y Danjuma's voluntary donation though *coughs
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
doofanc:

Really? I must have missed that one. who gave that amount?
Tony Elumelu gave 2.5billion naira. He gave it in two phases. 1billion and 1.5billion. The billions they were calling as if it meant nothing to them.

God punish poverty!

4 Likes

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by ochilikoko(m): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
doofanc: NA wa oooo. Danjuma personally just gave a donation of $10m shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Where the f*** does he get the money from??
I'm seriously following this fundraising aas if its a season film.
Thunder fire poverty
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Dymaco(m): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Money bank
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Watching that programme on tv made me sad!! Wish I never watched it, enjoyed the kids' part though...

See how people dey mention billions like hundreds, I dey here dey find small money for masters angry angry cry cry

After watching that programme, I prayed God to pleassseee bless my hardwork and that of other Nigerians that need your help too....We must make it!!!!!!!
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by UnknownT: 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Good a thing the chairman of the committee donated $10million. With that, we will hear less of accusation and counter accusation of committee chairman embezzling d money. But like someone pointed above, this donation would have used in equipping d military for d fight. Which construction company will agree to go to Bama/Chibok now to construct roads and structures? By the time the money will be used, some %s must have gone into private accounts. #TheRantingOfAPoorNairalanderLikeMe
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by doofanc: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
SaintEddie: Danjuma owns 2 oil wells and he earns between $14m to $25m per day, the old man is bastardly rich.

Anyway, that's not my problem, my concern is the mode of sharing and the kind of support they wanna give to victims. Already Chibok community is in crisis cos of the N100m fed govt gave them during the visit, I just hope this fund won't throw the country into another phase of crisis o.

The fundraising would have been for the purchase of war armaments to combat BH and not the other way round, the time is not yet ripe for assisting or compensating victims of terror, let's fight the war and win first.

My take shaaa o.

Are you sure about that?? I know he's rich, but common the bolded figure seems way off. We are talking dollars here.

As for the timing of compensating the victims, well I don't think its a bad idea as such, given the current horrific conditions of some of its victims.

Whether the funds will get to them is another case altogether. undecided
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by anomsodi(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
$10million...thunder fire devil yansh

1 Like

Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by doofanc: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
ochilikoko: I'm seriously following this fundraising aas if its a season film.
Thunder fire poverty

LOL! grin grin grin I tell you poverty na bad thing. so tay TYD come dey call dollars as per say naira na nothing to am.

THUNDER FIRE POVERTY!!! angry
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by beejaymoore(m): 12:04am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote
author=doofanc]

Are you sure about that?? I know he's rich, but common the bolded figure
seems way off. We are talking dollars here.

As for the timing of compensating the victims, well I don't think its a
bad idea as such, given the current horrific conditions of some of its
victims.

Whether the funds will get to them is another case altogether.
undecided[/quote

I think 14million dollars or lesser Dan Dat.., danjuma's wealth is beyond description.. from oil fields in Nigeria, Benin rep, central Africa and east Africa with his private company running both on exploration and production his revenue would be out of dis world....... with a stake at akpo field producing over 170,000 barrels/day with other fields unknown values u can only imagine!
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Immortal1(m): 12:16am On Aug 01, 2014
#MoneySpeaking!
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Seeeeeeee: 12:50am On Aug 01, 2014
Hmmm I hear money tears drop for my eye. cry offs my TV to bed
Re: Fundraising For Terror Victims by Segadem(m): 4:16am On Aug 01, 2014
adanduka: Me too.

In fact it is saddening that all these individuals giving 1 billion naira and thousands of dollars could do better economically for the Nigerian youth but have not.

Someone even gave 2.5 billion, more than Dangote's 1 billion and received a handshake from Mama Peace.

So this kind of money exists in Nigerians pockets shocked
we are waiting for the outcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Shoot At KWAM 1 After Osun Political Rally / No Jewish Sign On New N100 Note,jonathan Is Not Anti-muslim – Presidency Replied / Exclusive 2015 Show Of Shame: As El-rufai Sneaks Out Of 2015 Afan Festival...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.