Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,854 members, 7,922,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:26 PM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (71585 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jethro2: 11:27am On Aug 02, 2014
Thank you.
Pavore9: l wil get back 2u.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by iraycom: 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
where can get cheap egusi and how much is basin of egusi
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
iraycom: where can get cheap egusi and how much is basin of egusi
I listed the local market you can get it above
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by iraycom: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
what of the cost and profit margin
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jethro2: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Shelled melon or unshelled melon price? You can get mellon as much quantity as possibe in Saki area of Oyo state.
iraycom: where can get cheap egusi and how much is basin of egusi
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Dokitadotun: 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
@dav8id, welldone for being selfless. The name of the market is assakio, presently the melons r wet, if u store it will get rotten. david may shed more light on this.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by iraycom: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
shelled melon the cost of basin and how long should i store before i resell and what is the profit like and what are the risk

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dokitadotun: @dav8id, welldone for being selfless. The name of the market is assakio, presently the melons r wet, if u store it will get rotten. david may shed more light on this.
Our targeted produce is the dry melon thats why i said work with the local purchase agent.they knw how to detect the dry ones by using iron to chucks through the bag of the melon,if its a dry one it wil went through but if its not the iron will just go in a little.
For the market i mentioned 4 local market included assakio .
Morealso one can also buy undry ones at low price and ur purchase agent can handle the drying aspect for you.its just a matter of arrangement.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
iraycom: shelled melon the cost of basin and how long should i store before i resell and what is the profit like and what are the risk
Never involved in buying in basin,so i have no idea on that.our discussion is dealing in bags.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
iraycom: what of the cost and profit margin
You are new in agro world by indication, agro business profit is not fixed as price raise and fall within a few hours. But go through the 1st page of the thread you wil have idea of what the profit might be.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by magabounce(m): 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
dav8id: Before the Nairaland data loss i have wrote a small post regarding this business EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS.

Its nothing but its just a kind of business were you buy egusi at cheap price during the harvest time (now ) at farm gate price directly from farmers through local purchase agent , then store the egusi for 2 to 3 months or more months for reselling at 100 to 300% profit.
The longer your store the higher the profit. Last year we invest in this business by buying size 29 bag of egusi at 12k and then resell at 28k by november same year while some sell same size of bag at 48k around march this year.

Current price of size 29 bag of egusi is now is 13k .Note agro produce price are not stable and egusi price might likely increase or decrease as the case maybe.

Why egusi storage business?
You dont need marketing. Yes buyers are always around to buy from you whenever you want to sell it.the demand is morethan the supply.
You buy at the egusi market, you store it at same market, buyer come to same market from different state and buy from you in same market.

You buy directly from local purchase agent whom charge you commission per bag. You will be incharge of your money.you will be there when the agent is making the purchase for you but its more profitable if you can release money to the agent to go into the remote area and make the purchase for at a very killer price .thats is my style.

You make the purchase, you store the egusi in the store and pay for the store fee, you walk away, when the price increase the agent wil alert you and you give order for the resel simple.

Location Lafia in Nasarawa state.

I will be updating this thread with the latest news of the market.

All question should be drop here.

Others commodities like maize.soya beans are yet to be in the market.

For help call 07037781319

I was about creating a thread on nl about help on snail farming bfr i stumbled on ur thread. I might call u later as regardz d melon storage. But is there anyway u cn enlighten me more abt snail farming or better still gv me directions. Thanks
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by iraycom: 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
thank you very much so what is the cost of a bag and when i am reselling what am i expecting and how long should i store i dont mine i can dry it my self and which farm product one buy and store
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by tranxo(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2014
dav8id:
Our targeted produce is the dry melon thats why i said work with the local purchase agent.they knw how to detect the dry ones by using iron to chucks through the bag of the melon,if its a dry one it wil went through but if its not the iron will just go in a little.
For the market i mentioned 4 local market included assakio .
Morealso one can also buy undry ones at low price and ur purchase agent can handle the drying aspect for you.its just a matter of arrangement.
Seems a lot of things are left in the hands of these purchase agents. How trustworthy are they?l

4 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2014
magabounce:
I was about creating a thread on nl about help on snail farming bfr i stumbled on ur thread. I might call u later as regardz d melon storage. But is there anyway u cn enlighten me more abt snail farming or better still gv me directions. Thanks
I have no idea on snail farming sir. Egusi, sesame , ginger ,cashew and charcoal are my area.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2014
iraycom: thank you very much so what is the cost of a bag and when i am reselling what am i expecting and how long should i store i dont mine i can dry it my self and which farm product one buy and store
Answer to your question is in the first post.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2014
tranxo:
Seems a lot of things are left in the hands of these purchase agents. How trustworthy are they?l

You cant be a successful agro produce trader without local agent. Either you trust them and do business with them or you recruite your local agent from someone you trust and inject him in the market by following all their requirement of being the a local agent in the market. Thats what the ultimate Olam Nig did in the saseme market.
By the process of injecting ur personal agent in the market is what i dont knw but a simple visit to the market by u and make the full enquirement will do u gud.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2014
my dear nairalanders,dealing with these local agents are the greatest risk you can take.more than 90% of them are criminals. I advice if you don't have a God fearing hand in this business,please don't go for it.I made money in this business when I was in the north.it is very risky to allow a total stranger to handle your business.I did it by myself when I was there.God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
dav8id:
You cant be a successful agro produce trader without local agent. Either you trust them and do business with them or you recruite your local agent from someone you trust and inject him in the market by following all their requirement of being the a local agent in the market. Thats what the ultimate Olam Nig did in the saseme market.
By the process of injecting ur personal agent in the market is what i dont knw but a simple visit to the market by u and make the full enquirement will do u gud.

I want to ask a question, and I will do so publicly.

What is in the whole deal for you? What do you stand to gain from exposing this to the whole world? I will like to have a very honest answer from you. I have a company in Nasarawa state so accessing this opportunity in Lafia is not a big deal for me. But I want to know what YOU stand to gain from the whole arrangement.

Are you a local agent?
Are you a sourcing agent and will make money from fees charged?
Do you own a store?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
stagger:

I want to ask a question, and I will do so publicly.

What is in the whole deal for you? What do you stand to gain from exposing this to the whole world? I will like to have a very honest answer from you. I have a company in Nasarawa state so accessing this opportunity in Lafia is not a big deal for me. But I want to know what YOU stand to gain from the whole arrangement.

Are you a local agent?
Are you a sourcing agent and will make money from fees charged?
Do you own a store?

I'm not a local agent but he who invest in the business.in short i'm into agro produce trading,b4 the data lost on nairaland you will notice my thread on local supplying of sesame ,cashew nut and charcoal. the chairman of nasarawa state sesame is my boss in short we have agro produce company.
I stand to nothing ,cuz this thread is mainly for some individual here whom learnt the local supplying business of agro produce from me see another avenue of getting started .

Again i think i make it clear and listed the location and the market to purchase the commodity....
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: my dear nairalanders,dealing with these local agents are the greatest risk you can take.more than 90% of them are criminals. I advice if you don't have a God fearing hand in this business,please don't go for it.I made money in this business when I was in the north.it is very risky to allow a total stranger to handle your business.I did it by myself when I was there.God bless you all

I think you have a different motive here and by all indication yOU NEVER PRACTICE AGRO PRODUCE BUSINESS.

The ultimate Olam Nig, when the start in our sesame market. The start with local purchase agent after a while the recruited same agents as their company staff bro.
Again i did mentioned that one can recruit hes trusted representative and such person can be your agent.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
@All using agents is not by force only if you stay with lafia or closer to the market location.
Reason is. You dont buy and resell it at once, it need to be store for a period of 2 months and above.
The price dont just raise and remain raising but it can raise and fall within some hours and it may remains for days or week. Your agent help and alert you when the price raised.
Again i did said you have total control of your money,all what you need to do is to visit the market yourself and get some more additional info you might and also knw when to be visiting the market.then you visit the market when its due for you, your purchase local agent wil do the purchase at your presence and you yourself make the payment after the purchase.ITS CASH AND CARRY.

Local purchase agents are known channels of agro commodities trading its only he who knw nothing in agro produce trading will reject the service of agents.

3 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Curiouscity(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: my dear nairalanders,dealing with these local agents are the greatest risk you can take.more than 90% of them are criminals. I advice if you don't have a God fearing hand in this business,please don't go for it.I made money in this business when I was in the north.it is very risky to allow a total stranger to handle your business.I did it by myself when I was there.God bless you all

Hmmm, you get am for wahala, geskia!!

Is like you are angry others maybe coming to gain in the market too. Why are we this selfish?

3 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by anienge001: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Curiouscity:
Hmmm, you get am for wahala, geskia!!

Is like you are angry others maybe coming to gain in the market too. Why are we this selfish?

I tire for the guy ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
grin grin thank God the guy said he make money from the business but its very riskygrin . Any risky in cash and carry ? You see the produce, your local agent tested it and confirm it if its well dry and good for storage .so what is the risky here.

@All i urge someone to just make a trip to that market and see money d flow..
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
@Curiouscity,you think I am selfish?why should I be selfish over something that does not concern me.you talk like a child.I only said what I know and what I have seen people entered into.I am not forcing anybody not to do the business.if you think you can manage the risk you can go ahead and do it.But don't come to nairaland and start crying.I don't want to start saying that the OP is an agent or that he is working with them.look before you leap,that is if you are wise.if anybody wants to go into any meaningful business in Nigeria let the person go and learn the business.

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
dav8id: grin grin thank God the guy said he make money from the business but its very riskygrin . Any risky in cash and carry ? You see the produce, your local agent tested it and confirm it if its well dry and good for storage .so what is the risky here.

Before we see the money flow, I have questions:

a) What is the cost of storage? Is there a warehouse, or does the commodity buyer get a shop and store the goods?
b) What about protection against thieves, or your "local agent" ganging up with others to dupe you? How do you protect against that?
c) Do the agents have a union? Can each agent be traced, so that if there is any yawa, measures can be taken?
d) How about transport costs to and from the market to the storehouse?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by daemperor1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
dav8id: grin grin thank God the guy said he make money from the business but its very riskygrin . Any risky in cash and carry ? You see the produce, your local agent tested it and confirm it if its well dry and good for storage .so what is the risky here.

Pls tell us d best time to buy and sell.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
stagger:

Before we see the money flow, I have questions:

a) What is the cost of storage? Is there a warehouse, or does the commodity buyer get a shop and store the goods?
b) What about protection against thieves, or your "local agent" ganging up with others to dupe you? How do you protect against that?
c) Do the agents have a union? Can each agent be traced, so that if there is any yawa, measures can be taken?
d) How about transport costs to and from the market to the storehouse?

storage cost is N300 to N500 per bag per year.i suggest if you are buying morethan 20 bags then rent a room in lafia.you can get room at 12k for a year.

You buy in the market, you store in the public store in the market.
Inside the market there are many different public store.

A visit to the market will give you more insight as u claimed u own company in nasarawa state.

Yes the agent has a trace and the have a union.

How to security? Oh yes that is ur duties to put all security measure on ur side ,cuz even in bedroom u are not safe.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
daemperor1:

Pls tell us d best time to buy and sell.
Refer to the 1st post and u will get ur answer there.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 12:07am On Aug 05, 2014
dav8id:
I have no idea on snail farming sir. Egusi, sesame , ginger ,cashew and charcoal are my area.
What is this sesame self?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 12:09am On Aug 05, 2014
dav8id:

What are the requirements of being a local agent? Do they hav an associatn? I'll also like u to talk more on the strategy olam nig used.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Current Cassava Price Per Tonne @ Thai Farm Ososa Ogun State / Woman Sitting On Bunch Of Bananas On Okada (photo) / How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.