Stats: 3,187,838 members, 7,933,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 08:04 PM

A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers (30396 Views)

Where Can L Download Lgbo Highlife Music From? / Who Is Nigeria's King Of Highlife Music? / Classic Highlife Music (this Is Old School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Ruuchiinaa: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pls, can someone send some highlife collection to my Inbox.....Godskingsley@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eziachi:
You are welcome bro.
I am afraid that the future is not bright for the heritage of our traditional musics, judging by some of the comments here. Even my scottish wife knew so much about highlife music more than most folks here, which is a shame really, but they knew every hip hop artist or music.
wow mr eziachi, it's great having someone with great knowledge of african music like you around this thread, please i want to know if you have some of the music that i need in your collection? 1. I believe by Nelly uchendu (the song she made for jim nwobodo) 2. Aiye le by either orlando owoh or ik dairo (am not sure who made the song) 3. Old school morocco maduka 4. Things fall apart soundtrack by nelly uchendu. Thank you, and waiting for your reply.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ruuchiinaa: Pls, can someone send some highlife collection to my Inbox.....Godskingsley@gmail.com
check out likembe.net you'll love it.

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
fredoooooo: dr victor olaiya - baby jowo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOBrhlhL9o
I love this song, Mo Fe Mu'yan (I want to sock brea.st).
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Processor01: Osadebe is the greatest and best of them all!

The wisdom and truth in his music is unparalleled. Oliver should have just let him be! I started playing and listening to other genres of music due to plenty complaints from 'young minds'.

Except in the kick off phase of his career, Osadebe never just sang for singing sake.
Did Osadebe play any instrument? According to Benson Idonije, a hotel gathered Osadebe, Lawson and Uwaifo to play at night in the hotel. Lawson and Uwaifo played trumpet and guitar respectively while Osadebe was just a vocalist.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
etebefia: wow mr eziachi, it's great having someone with great knowledge of african music like you around this thread, please i want to know if you have some of the music that i need in your collection? 1. I believe by Nelly uchendu (the song she made for jim nwobodo) 2. Aiye le by either orlando owoh or ik dairo (am not sure who made the song) 3. Old school morocco maduka 4. Things fall apart soundtrack by nelly uchendu. Thank you, and waiting for your reply.
"Aiye le" or "Ilu le"? If it is "Ilu le", it was Victor Olaiya that sang it.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
"Aiye le" or "Ilu le"? If it is "Ilu le", it was Victor Olaiya that sang it.
i think it's aiye le and the song goes like this aiye le ore mi aiye mami (i don't know if i got the spelling right)
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
etebefia: i think it's aiye le and the song goes like this aiye le ore mi aiye mami (i don't know if i got the spelling right)
In the one Victor Olaiya, he was describing difficulty occasioned by lack of money. "Ilu le, ko s'owo, ka lu ku n ki gbe . . ."
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 12:41am On Aug 05, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
In the one Victor Olaiya, he was describing difficulty occasioned by lack of money. "Ilu le, ko s'owo, ka lu ku n ki gbe . . ."
maybe it's the one am talking about, i think the song was all about difficulties in life, meanwhile if you can, please send me that particular one you are talking about let me see. thank you
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eziachi: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Sir i must say you're very knowledgable in african style of music, good to have you here. Am a guitarist though i play mostly Nigerian highlife, i just discovered the music called soukous some months back and i've been trying to learn the guitar lines and pattern. I do enjoy congolese music but the language is a big barrier!
The Congolese language is Lingala. Very rich like Igbo and Yoruba but not as loud as the later or high pitched as the former. Lingala is like Owerri Igbo accent, it's made for music, very melodic.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eziachi: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
etebefia: check out likembe.net you'll love it.
John Beadle, the owner of the Likembe blog, is a personal friend of mine, and I helped him a great deal with many of the stuff there especially in the Highlife side.
A white guy but he is a guru in Africa music, I call him an Igbo man in a white skin. He is married to an Igbo lady from Awo omama in Oru. If any of you is interested in highlife music, check out that website.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eziachi: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Did Osadebe play any instrument? According to Benson Idonije, a hotel gathered Osadebe, Lawson and Uwaifo to play at night in the hotel. Lawson and Uwaifo played trumpet and guitar respectively while Osadebe was just a vocalist.
Osadebe can play guitar but decided in the end to concentrate on vocal only especially in public. it's the same with Sir Warrior, I have seen him played guitar during a sound check to my amazement. Sometimes I wonder how someone can write a song without able to play guitar or keyboard and still call themselves a musician.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
Eziachi: John Beadle, the owner of the Likembe blog, is a personal friend of mine, and I helped him a great deal with many of the stuff there especially in the Highlife side.
A white guy but he is a guru in Africa music, I call him an Igbo man in a white skin. He is married to an Igbo lady from Awo omama in Oru. If any of you is interested in highlife music, check out that website.
did you say the owner of likembe blog is a white man? he must be a super guru with his analysis of those many African musics and musicians, i think you must be the one that provided information on igbo tracks and musician.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
Eziachi: Osadebe can play guitar but decided in the end to concentrate on vocal only especially in public. it's the same with Sir Warrior, I have seen him played guitar during a sound check to my amazement. Sometimes I wonder how someone can write a song without able to play guitar or keyboard and still call themselves a musician.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eziachi: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
etebefia: wow mr eziachi, it's great having someone with great knowledge of african music like you around this thread, please i want to know if you have some of the music that i need in your collection? 1. I believe by Nelly uchendu (the song she made for jim nwobodo) 2. Aiye le by either orlando owoh or ik dairo (am not sure who made the song) 3. Old school morocco maduka 4. Things fall apart soundtrack by nelly uchendu. Thank you, and waiting for your reply.
I have this music but am unable yet put them from lp to mp3 format. But I will advise you to try this website or weblog: Likembe, afrocolombia, grooveshark or if you have a mediafire account, try it, there are many there.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eziachi: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
etebefia: did you say the owner of likembe blog is a white man? he must be a super guru with his analysis of those many African musics and musicians, i think you must be the one that provided information on igbo tracks and musician.
Yeah, John is a white guy. Though he ask help from African like me to help in most of the stuff there and his wife helps him too, but he is still great. Yes I wrote most of the Igbo and Ibibio stuff for him.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Eziachi: I have this music but am unable yet put them from lp to mp3 format. But I will advise you to try this website or weblog: Likembe, afrocolombia, grooveshark or if you mediafire account, try it, there are many there.
wow, please which of the requested musics do you have? or is it all of them? please i will appreciate if i can have them please please please or can i find any of the tracks in the blogs you listed?
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You were more eager to respond than understand my post. I never mentioned his dexterity on musical instruments, his words of wisdom I said are unparalleled! Oliver played the guitar so well but doesn't come close to Osadebe.

Several years down the line and his music has refused to fade away - why is this so?
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2014
ugochukwu360:
Pls sir wat do u mean by the statement "Oliver should have just let him be" ?

Oliver thought they were competing and often took a swipe at Osadebe in his music (of course, without mentioning names) .
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by vinobieze(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2014
Its Hot!

Its Banging!

#HMNA #TOPRATED{HubGO Music By New Artist}coming soon on HubGO!

Are you an upcoming Artist?

Do you want to be heard?

Battle your way up as HubGO's Top10 rated artist and stand a chance of winning a 1yr managed hosted music website of your own plus 5yrs selfie free music listing on HubGO world along with a N100,000 cash!

Get your music accessed by upto 20million Nigerians & Africans!
Enjoy the ultimate mobile experience.

Coming soon on December 1st 2014.

Hubgo.net
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by GudluckIBB(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
GudluckIBB:

Happy sunda bro.pls I don't know if you have djanka diabate with the title Tote.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by GudluckIBB(m): 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:
Brother i really do and am glad to have someone on the forum that enjoys the music same as i do. I think Diblo dibala is a fantastic Guitarist that's why they nicknamed him Machine Gun. There are other artiste i didn't list such as Pepe Kalle,Alain Kounkou,Alain Makaba,etc
bRO IM STILL WITH YOU FULL TIME O.PLS I WILL SEND THE E MAIL
THANKS
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Evathyst(f): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
dytbabe: Apala ni baba
Eye ma shagidi

Gimme the apala masters anyday anytime
Yusuf olatunji
Ayinla omowura
Musiliu Haruna ishola

Jamming SOYOYO right away
Nodding head and shaking body
Plz, whr can I download yusuf Olatunji's albums. I'm a great fan of his music.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by dytbabe: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Evathyst: Plz, whr can I download yusuf Olatunji's albums. I'm a great fan of his music.

Download ke
Dunno o
U jst buy the cd na, and copy to ur pc and transfer frm there
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Evathyst(f): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
dytbabe:

Download ke
Dunno o
U jst buy the cd na, and copy to ur pc and transfer frm there
Tnx Bro! I understand better now.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by dytbabe: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Evathyst: Tnx Bro! I understand better now.

Bro ke
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Evathyst(f): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
dytbabe:

Bro ke
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sori o! Had to check to confirm sha...
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by egesie(m): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Opiosko:
Emeka Morocco Maduka. Can't believe you didn't remember him. My favorite is Ogbogu Okonji, Ndi uka track always makes my day. grin grin cheesy
are u from Delta?
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Opiosko: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2014
egesie:
are u from Delta?
Yea bro. Aniocha
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Princeluchi: 12:27am On Jun 18, 2015
mamziii:
pls ders dis song,not so sure who sang it it goes like. If u want 2 marry a husband make u no mari waka about,if u mari waka about o na so so trouble trouble trouble,na trouble trouble trouble double wahala,na so so trouble trouble trouble
Nelly Uchendu and obianwu waka about, its everywhere online , if you need d link to download it let me know
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Princeluchi: 12:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Onyiibazz:

Love nwantiti was sang by Nelly Uchendu if am not making mistakes, and for the first song, i cant remember the person that sang it again o, it's been really long. Chances are that it may be the same Nelly Uchendu!
she sang both walkabout song also known as late night husband

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Billboard Music Awards 2018 [full List Of Nominees] / Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Don Jazzy Accuses Wande Coal Of Stealing His Song