Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,271 members, 7,947,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:30 PM

Need Some Clarifications - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Need Some Clarifications (986 Views)

TV Series.... Need Some Recommendations / "Bollywood Lovers" I Need Some Films To Watch / I Need Some Site To Download Second Chance Telemundo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Some Clarifications by neelsel(f): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2006
Hi everyone,
I am a native of the Caribbean and have always been intrigued by my mother country (Africa of course) Over the years I have grown particularly interested in Nigeria, thanks to the great movies that were produced there. I would like to solicit as much information about Nigeria as possible since I hope to visit one day.
Can someone explain the following to me. TIA
1. Who is a yoruba, igbo, edo etc
2. What isthe main export of Nigeria
3. In terms of political and economical stability, how would you rate Nigeria (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest)
4. Are Nigerians socialable and hospitable as portrayed in many of the movies
5. What does Oga(hope I spelt it correctly) means
6. What is your national dish, colour(s) etc
7. Are marriages still arranged by parents as seen in many of the movies?

I have some more questions but would settle for now. Thanks
Re: Need Some Clarifications by naijadiva2(f): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2006
in order:

1. yoruba, igbo, edo, hausa are tribal groups in nigerian. the reside in different parts of the country and their tribal name is also their language. i.e. yoruba is a lauguage that the yoruba speak, igbo is what the igbo speak, and so forth like that.
2. not sure
3. i guess i depends on the area you are from. some areas are better or worser than others so i guess i'll give it a 5 or 6. others may have different opinions.
4. of course. nigerians are rearly shy. they like meeting and getting to know someone.
5. it means master or man.
6. i would give you 2 answer. fufu being that evryone eats that and jallof rice since we are known for eating that. for colours, if talking about our flag, is green, white, green going vertical.
7. not really. i guess it depends on that persons culture, area, and family tradtion.

hoped i answered your questions good. feel free to ask more questions.
Re: Need Some Clarifications by neelsel(f): 1:30am On Jul 21, 2006
Hey Naija_diva
thanks a lot, I really appreciate that. I feel as if I just completed my BA in Nigerian studies from digesting all the information. I really love your country and plan on visiting it one day. I would definitely be asking more. Feel free to drop me a few lines any time.
neelsel@tmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Lagbaja Live In Concert / Second Spin-off For X-men / What's Your Best Action Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.