Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:34 PM

Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government (12674 Views)

Can Buhari Really Deliver 10,000 Mega Watts In 3years? / What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by arsetalks(m): 6:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Pipsland78: Nigeria is not ripe to manage 10,000 mega watts of electricity. Be content with the 1,500 megawatts you are getting
SA is mature for it, Ghana is as well and let me shock you, common Benin republic generates 5k megawatts yet Nigeria which is thrice bigger in population, land mass and wealth isn't mature enough for it.

3 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by heymaykher(m): 6:46am On Aug 03, 2014
E dey inside presidential vila for aso rock...dem dey help una safe guard am so dat bad belle pipl no go come bomb am. grin

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Aderiade(m): 6:52am On Aug 03, 2014
It's coming. U jst need to wait another century. Or dnt u knw the nigeria ways? Jst Forget it and face smtn more important.

3 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 03, 2014
yemaldo:
Always defending gej,tell ur brother d bitter truth

Am not saying GEJ is perfect, but if buhari, Atiku and co is all we have to contest with GEJ, i will surely vote GEJ. Buhari has ruled before and Nigeria wasn't better during his tenure so i don't see reasons why reasonable Nigerians should vote them into power. I only support whoever is mature enough to lead this country. It doesn't matter whether APC or PDP, i don't hate APC, but i hate Buhari, Atiku and other past leader that has ruled before. Nigerians need New modern ideas not the civil war kind of ideas.
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Ekken: 6:54am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=rigarmortis]OP, ask all the military d1ck.tators that have (mis)ruled in times past, then ask OBJ, he promised too, you know?....ask him how much he used for turn around maintenance during his rule, you can also visit the witch in the bible, like saul did, but this time, ask her to bring up mr. Yaradua and then ask him too.......

Do you know how long it takes to generate 1k mw of power?....not to talk of 10k.......and you want it now?....

Anyway, various IPPs are being built around the country, i heard power has stabilized in some areas of umuahia due to the supply by the IPP in aba, here in abuja, light is fairly stable......up to 18hrs a day when i lived in area 1 and a little less here in gwarimpa estate...dont quote me if you live in the bush where power transmission is yet to reach or is rationed...anyway it will get to you soon, and stop the i dont support any side sh1t, infact stuff it deep into your ars-3, we both know...
GEJ campaign chairman... in PEJ voice God de oo

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Is in the papers

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2014
suwailad: its high time nl does an age census coz the juvenile attitude across nl of late is alarming.

Why do you say so dear?
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by kabba7(m): 7:03am On Aug 03, 2014
President Jonathan has actually generated 20 mega watts he is only waiting for the conclusion of the Oshun state governorship election to realese it to the national grid meanwhile the power is in the stores of the TAN campaigners group while the key is kept by the power minister for savety . So go sleep the more today is sunday .

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Lucasbalo(m): 7:06am On Aug 03, 2014
StarBoard:
Not the point.
If you have nothing concrete to say please go and sleep.
Typical of the praise singers crew.
Will always blame predecessor for its own failures.Any wonder why their government led by Barney is always giving excuses?

The question the OP asked was where was the 10000 mw promised by this government by December 2013? Did you pass school cert at all?

Nobody put a gun on the cartoon network government's neck to make that promise. Instead charlatans like yourself are blaming vandals and past governments instead of providing concrete answers to the question at hand.

we have been hearing the same old nonsense from a clearly vision less government particularly in the area of power. they went and unbundled PHCN and told us supply would improve. Now that it has not been the case you want us to blame vandals and past governments snd lecturing us on how long it takes to generate 1kw of power even in the 21st century. You and the government you blindly follow are the sort of irresponsible jokers that abound today.Foolish m0rons like you do not want to view the overall picture in terms of total power generated:instead you resort to inane muppetics like "dont quote me if you live in the bush".

Apparently youve sold your reasoning and intelligence for a plate of beans like Esau did his birthright,but that is hardly a surprise as it is a very distinct trait of the Jonathanian crew.

Well articulated.

2 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by folahann(m): 7:06am On Aug 03, 2014
Wake dude you're still in Nigeria. It's also still being ruled by that same party.

2 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 03, 2014
rigarmortis:

An 1d1ot like you who cant recognise his father in a crowd is looking for 10k megawats.

Airhead, if you read my comment well you will see that there is a long line of neglect and corruption in that area, that is exactly what i am trying to bring out, but f00ls like you who just charge around like a caged ram with a raging hard-on wont get that cos thinking is a big job for you. Just go ahead and blame the retaardeen, thats what you are good at.

An id1ot who doesnt know how long it takes to generate a thousand mw without using nuclear means is not worth my time.

you didnt make a single point apart from insulting your president and you have the right to tell your father to go to sleep, even when you see him trying to get an erection so he can fhukc your mother dorgie style...shut the feck up, its not by force to quote, an imbeciiilee like you wouldnt know that the 1b dollars the prez requested for would hv been invested into the sector if not for boko would you?......your are just a gaping cvnt trying to sound intelligent.

So the OP asks whr the 10k mw is and i should say its here or there?.....see hw foolish you are, 5 yrs from now we can even acheive that without going nuclear, and we cant go nuclear, at least for now, the idea of IPP is working in some areas like i pointed out so why the insults?

Coupled with the fact that everything has to start from scratch due to neglect in that area, the OBJ govt threw billions into thhat sector and it went down the drain at least the IPPs are working in some areas so if vandalised it is decentralised and rectified easily, the main thing to note is that the problems of power generation is localised.......

Do you even understand the technicalities?.....i guess not......

Just go in peace......ignoramus

Did you have to bring in his mother and father into this discussion? Shows how much regard you have for your own folks.

13 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by santakris(m): 7:13am On Aug 03, 2014
Still in the paper at Aso Rock Villa.

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Lucasbalo(m): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2014
Rilamaka:

Did you have to bring in his mother and father into this discussion? Shows how much regard you have for your own folks.
Gbam. Some guys are just plain annoying. Every thing to them is throwing insults and calling names. That shows the level of their intellect.

8 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by gonzaga: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2014
With questions like this, we now know why gas pipes buried 9ft under the ground were vandalized and destroyed.

We know oil bunkerers will go and sell the stolen crude. But to vandalize a gas pipe line that carries gas that can't be scooped only shows sabotage.

Now that you guys have sabotaged the effort to power the turbines, you come here to ask a question for which you already know the answer. As I said in a Facebook post, God will visit all those dragging this nation back either through sabotage, terrorist financing, terrorist support or sympathy.

The day of reckoning is fast approaching.

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Toosure70: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2014
dont worry, we will give u 10 gigawatts before 2016, Just vote gej. Gej Till Christ Comes.
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by coolebux(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2014
Eeyaaa!..... the 10k mw is still inside the newspapers that carried it the day it was hyped. go there and take it.

4 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Rikidony(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2014
MrRhymes101: op u sef na all promises u make u d keep??
i Dont make promise that i cnt fullfiled grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Whizpeter(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2014
yemaldo:
Those road u mentioned are federal roads,so direct ur blame to d fed govt

Yeah... That's where my blame was heading to before you interrupted it!
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by fasbat(m): 7:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Rikidony: Federal government promise Nigerians 10,000MW of electricity by december 2013. same promise was made to be achieve by the first quarter of this year. Any body with latest info on the power sector should help

whats our production level?

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/letters/fgs-10000mw-target/

https://www.nairaland.com/1157585/power-fg-meet-10-000mw
"Blame BH naw"!!!!

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by SangoCrusader: 7:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Lmao. My only surprise is at the people that expected GEJ to deliver grin

7 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 03, 2014
10000 Megawatts is just like waiting when obama will sleep with PEJ grin

7 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Btruth: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2014
I think both 10,000 Mega Watts for 2013 & 2014 are ready, but we are only waiting for President Jona to commissioned then nii ooo...... #Bunch of clowns! Remember when Berth Nnaji had a face off with the president over his sluggishness concerning the power sector? The honorable minister resigned from his appointment because he didn't want any silly President to tarnish his image.

6 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2014
rigarmortis:

An 1d1ot like you who cant recognise his father in a crowd is looking for 10k megawats.

Airhead, if you read my comment well you will see that there is a long line of neglect and corruption in that area, that is exactly what i am trying to bring out, but f00ls like you who just charge around like a caged ram with a raging hard-on wont get that cos thinking is a big job for you. Just go ahead and blame the retaardeen, thats what you are good at.

An id1ot who doesnt know how long it takes to generate a thousand mw without using nuclear means is not worth my time.

you didnt make a single point apart from insulting your president and you have the right to tell your father to go to sleep, even when you see him trying to get an erection so he can fhukc your mother dorgie style...shut the feck up, its not by force to quote, an imbeciiilee like you wouldnt know that the 1b dollars the prez requested for would hv been invested into the sector if not for boko would you?......your are just a gaping cvnt trying to sound intelligent.

So the OP asks whr the 10k mw is and i should say its here or there?.....see hw foolish you are, 5 yrs from now we can even acheive that without going nuclear, and we cant go nuclear, at least for now, the idea of IPP is working in some areas like i pointed out so why the insults?

Coupled with the fact that everything has to start from scratch due to neglect in that area, the OBJ govt threw billions into thhat sector and it went down the drain at least the IPPs are working in some areas so if vandalised it is decentralised and rectified easily, the main thing to note is that the problems of power generation is localised.......

Do you even understand the technicalities?.....i guess not......

Just go in peace......ignoramus

M0ron.
You just rambled your way like a drunkard without saying anything.
Since your IQ is in negative integers(do you even know what that means?) let me simplify the task at hand since you dont appear ti grasp the issue at hand:
1. is the national power generation anywhere near 10000mw ?
2. if the answer to the above is no,tell us why instead of your beer parlor analysis.
3. ask yourself why there are complaints about power overall despite PHCN being unbundled and sold to "private investors"
4. tell us who forced Jonathan to promise Nigerians after being embarrassed by Amanpour on her show in Davos last year that power woukd be sorted out by December 2013.

South Africa generates power for the whole SADC region. im sure you dont know but this includes Malawi,Botswana Lesotho Zimbabwe to name a few.All this your talk about generating kw is nonsense (but you appear bent on not making any sense) when we are in the 21st century. Countries are developing more effective and easier ways to generate power but your knowledge of elecricity stops at the Kainji dam level.
It is not rocket science (do you know what that means?) to generate power. If you were not illeterate you would not spew such hogwash about IPP because it kills your argument(assuming you know what yiu are talking about but that is a long shot).
Your presidentand the lackies like you that he has surrounded himself with has failed woefully in this area. Bart Nnaji started the reforms but was forced out because the government couldn't stand his progressive ideas. The nincompoop who replaced him is as incoherent as yiu sre snd cannot profer a logical or model based approach to try to solve the problem.

when monkeys like you talk it is better to ignore them .My father is a retired professor of medicine and he got his Ph D. from a University in Wales.
I know where my father is and I am proud of him. I run my own consulting firm and I know how much it costs me to run my diesel generators monthly. So if you think I am a nobody I have no words for you because I am heads above your level.
Your father must be weeping wherever he is at whatever you have turned into. That is if he bothered to train you instead of drinking ogogoro.

20 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by infohenry(m): 8:05am On Aug 03, 2014
gonzaga: With questions like this, we now know why gas pipes buried 9ft under the ground were vandalized and destroyed.

We know oil bunkerers will go and sell the stolen crude. But to vandalize a gas pipe line that carries gas that can't be scooped only shows sabotage.

Now that you guys have sabotaged the effort to power the turbines, you come here to ask a question for which you already know the answer. As I said in a Facebook post, God will visit all those dragging this nation back either through sabotage, terrorist financing, terrorist support or sympathy.

The day of reckoning is fast approaching.
Did you deliberately omitted CORRUPTION AND LOOTING of public fund or is that acceptable bro.

4 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by conyema12(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2014
rigarmortis:

Why would you understand son?......you failed waec 9 times, your brain cells are dead son, you are just carrying dead weight around, if you want to see a perfect mumu in mugu skin, just take a look a the nearest mirror.

Go back to primary 1, study hard, then after you pass GCE you can come back and read the post again......

Maybe you will understand by then.........

But i strongly doubt it, your brain is just too porous, i will give you the benefit of doubt though.

In case you cant do the above, dont despair, imb3c1les can still make themselves useful to the general public in one way or the other, you can sow shoes, pust cartloads in the market place etc....and earn a living.

Just remember to use a condom when you meet a fellow deranged sweetheart so you dont pass your genes on to some unfortunate child.
Infact use two, we dont want to take any chances here.

Stay blessed.

Are you high on dry plantain leaves

8 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by yorke1: 8:12am On Aug 03, 2014
Boko Haram is jeopardizing everything he has set out to achieve. He is trying his best any way.
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by retepmurt(m): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Perhabs 6500MW is being used to light up the Sambisa forest in search of the Chibok girls.
About 2500MW is meant for the national grid and the remaining generated 1000MW is for poor and helpless Nigerians' consumption.
I hp i ve answered ur question.
-FG spokeman

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by nairaman66(m): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2014
BOKO haram kidnapped the mega watts like they did to the Chibok girls!

Governemnt is doing everything to free the mega watts and the Chibok girls- in GEJ's voice

1 Like

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by rolabell(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Nawao....NL has now turned to Garden of Insult!!
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by nairaman66(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2014
StarBoard:
M0ron.
You just rambled your way like a drunkard without saying anything.
Since your IQ is in negative integers(do you even know what that means?) let me simplify the task at hand since you dont appear ti grasp the issue at hand:
1. is the national power generation anywhere near 10000mw ?
2. if the answer to the above is no,tell us why instead of your beer parlor analysis.
3. ask yourself why there are complaints about power overall despite PHCN being unbundled and sold to "private investors"
4. tell us who forced Jonathan to promise Nigerians after being embarrassed by Amanpour on her show in Davos last year that power woukd be sorted out by December 2013.

South Africa generates power for the whole SADC region. im sure you dont know but this includes Malawi,Botswana Lesotho Zimbabwe to name a few.All this your talk about generating kw is nonsense (but you appear bent on not making any sense) when we are in the 21st century. Countries are developing more effective and easier ways to generate power but your knowledge of elecricity stops at the Kainji dam level.
It is not rocket science (do you know what that means?) to generate power. If you were not illeterate you would not spew such hogwash about IPP because it kills your argument(assuming you know what yiu are talking about but that is a long shot).
Your presidentand the lackies like you that he has surrounded himself with has failed woefully in this area. Bart Nnaji started the reforms but was forced out because the government couldn't stand his progressive ideas. The nincompoop who replaced him is as incoherent as yiu sre snd cannot profer a logical or model based approach to try to solve the problem.

when monkeys like you talk it is better to ignore them .My father is a retired professor of medicine and he got his Ph D. from a University in Wales.
I know where my father is and I am proud of him. I run my own consulting firm and I know how much it costs me to run my diesel generators monthly. So if you think I am a nobody I have no words for you because I am heads above your level.
Your father must be weeping wherever he is at whatever you have turned into. That is if he bothered to train you instead of drinking ogogoro.

You shouldn't have run that far to make your point...
Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by ntyce(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool:

Am not saying GEJ is perfect, but if buhari, Atiku and co is all we have to contest with GEJ, i will surely vote GEJ. Buhari has ruled before and Nigeria wasn't better during his tenure so i don't see reasons why reasonable Nigerians should vote them into power. I only support whoever is mature enough to lead this country. It doesn't matter whether APC or PDP, i don't hate APC, but i hate Buhari, Atiku and other past leader that has ruled before. Nigerians need New modern ideas not the civil war kind of ideas.

Bro, you are not in the best position to say if Nigeria was better 32 years ago or not - ask your parents.
from all indications, it was better. Eventhough we never had this kind of wealth then.

4 Likes

Re: Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government by talk4free: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2014
StarBoard:
Not the point.
If you have nothing concrete to say please go and sleep.
Typical of the praise singers crew.
Will always blame predecessor for its own failures.Any wonder why their government led by Barney is always giving excuses?

The question the OP asked was where was the 10000 mw promised by this government by December 2013? Did you pass school cert at all?

Nobody put a gun on the cartoon network government's neck to make that promise. Instead charlatans like yourself are blaming vandals and past governments instead of providing concrete answers to the question at hand.

we have been hearing the same old nonsense from a clearly vision less government particularly in the area of power. they went and unbundled PHCN and told us supply would improve. Now that it has not been the case you want us to blame vandals and past governments snd lecturing us on how long it takes to generate 1kw of power even in the 21st century. You and the government you blindly follow are the sort of irresponsible jokers that abound today.Foolish m0rons like you do not want to view the overall picture in terms of total power generated:instead you resort to inane muppetics like "dont quote me if you live in the bush".

Apparently youve sold your reasoning and intelligence for a plate of beans like Esau did his birthright,but that is hardly a surprise as it is a very distinct trait of the Jonathanian crew.

Wooow, its like you are really angry this early morning. Obviously the heat due to no electricity has kept you awake by this time. Anyways sha...you just made my day!!!
I like hard hitters like you, cos there are lots of idiots on this site that don't know a thing about what lies in wait for their future generations. Trying to defend the obviously undefendable. Thanks Jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Issoufou's Visit To Buhari Postponed Indefinitely / Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices / Anambra: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Disqualify Charles Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.