Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,092 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:14 PM

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. (6368 Views)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2014

When an old Covenant command,
lines our pockets, it's hard to let it go

10Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king.
11He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights:
He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots.
12Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties,
and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.
13He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers.
14He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants.
15He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants.
16Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use.
17He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves.
18When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen,
but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”
19But the people refused to listen to Samuel.
No!they said. “We want a king over us"
- 1 Samuel 8:10-19

Comparing with the above 1 Samuel 8:10-19 passage, 13 things, worth noting concerning WoF's tithing doctrine:
1) It is very obvious to spot similarities with a Ponzi scheme, where fraudulent investing scam promising high rates of return with little risk to investor is taught and promised
- WoF have devised their own form of tithing which is completely at variance to the biblical tithing commanded by God the Bible.
2) The tithing doctrine taught by WoF is not the same as the now defunct and obsolete Israelites tithing practice earlier commanded by God
3) WoF tithing is mimicking a tithing practice which is no longer functional or which as far as God is concerned, is no longer existing or operating.
4) WoF is teaching tithing which God no longer commands.
5) The truth is that, the king in 1 Samuel 8:10-11, is the head of whichever WoF movement teaching a defunct, obsolete and fake tithe doctrine
6) As a matter of fact, 1 Samuel 8:12-14 are the die-hard fans of the "king" and others in the higher echelons of the WoF movement.
The WoF disciples for their submissiveness are compensated with titles, positions, zonal posts etc
or enjoy perks and favours for their blindfolded admiration and loyalty to the "king and his cohort" or WoF cause
7) If truth really be told, 1 Samuel 8:15 & 17, is the ruse WoF is practising and what is used for extorting from unsuspecting and ill-informed investors believers
- It is not a God commanded or directed tithe in the real sense
but rather it is a one tenth tax just like demanded by the Israelite king in 1 Samuel 8:15
8.) Unfortunately, 1 Samuel 8:16-19, is a reality, where believers are abused, used or misused by the WoF tithing doctrine
but when warned, they refuse to listen. “No!” they say. Do not touch our sacred cow. We want the "tithing" over us"
9) WoF's tithing doctrine is a meal ticket and a faux-tithing set in place to fund the lavish lifestyle
10) WoF's tithing doctrine is nothing more than a 10 percent taxation masqueraded as tithing
11) Bonus here for those (e.g. hardcore tithers, die-hard tithers or pro-tithers) who think tithing is a do or die resolve:
Forget Matthew 23:23, and check out Luke 18:9-14 to see who was justified between a tithe-giving Pharisee and despised tax collector
12) ANYONE HOLDING on TO the VIEW of that there is a PRINCIPLE BEHIND TITHING,
CAN CLEARLY SEE IN Luke 18:14, that one is justified even without tithing,
and also evident in the verse, the other is not justified despite tithing.
- although tithing is now gone, there apparently, were things according to Luke 18:14, back then, more important than tithing.
13) Lastly, today, no Jew or any member of any synagogue in present day Israel or synagogues in the rest of the world
pays tithe in the biblical commanded manner or with money (i.e. tenth of income)
- they don't tithe, as they know it would be disobeying the law of God and a sin against God.
- There is no more Levitical order of Priests ministering at a Temple in Jerusalem today,
and so this makes it illegal to pay any form of biblical tithe to anyone else than the Levites.
- It was ONLY the Levites who were ordained by God to receive or accept tithe
- So today, any giver of tithe & any receiver of tithe (i.e. receiver, not of the commanded Levitical order) are both committing a grave offense to God
- WoF should not be teaching tithe, besides the fact of not even being qualified, in the first place, according to God's command, to receive biblical tithe.
- Peter, the Apostles, Paul and Jesus knew that to be eligible to receive tithe, one needs to be of the tribe of Levi
this is why none of them taught tithing after the Cross and since the Temple veil was torn
and besides, since Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin, Peter and Jesus of the tribe of Judah, the rest of the Apostles were not Levites
neither of them sought tithing nor encouraged or taught any to give tithe to them or anyone else for that matter.
- Peter and Paul, knew it is biblically improper to give and receive tithes
so they did not depend on it, rely on it or plan to use biblical tithe for the development and spread of the Gospel

On close, freewill giving done out of a willingness coming from the heart will ONLY be practiced by believers,
if good and unadulterated teachings, devoid of tithing, are given, in faith to them.

(i.e. faith as in the 3rd and last one, in Matt 23:23's more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith)

By informing the readers of the truth behind WoF tithing and uncovering how WoF teaches tithing,
the humble message of this post is two-fold:
Firstly, when an old covenant command, lines in the pocket of such like WoF, it is hard to let go
Secondly, the readership is hereby reassured, tithing has no place in believers' life after what happened on the Cross at Calvary

https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/7#25034517

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

grin grin grin
JW's sha

I am no JW, simply a free thinking Christian - smiley
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

no such thing as a free thinking Christan...that's practicing religion and clearly idolatary
Gal 2:22 NIV
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

if Christ lives in you, definitely His thoughts are now your thoughts, for u were bought with a price, you are no longer your own, you are no longer free thinking... No wonder you turned out the way you are
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

Atheists agree that you are a free thinker. wink

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Atheists agree that you are a free thinker. wink

Funny thing is many of them know the bible more than you and with your usual condescending and arrogant attitude you keep them out of God's kingdom.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

Funny thing is many of them know the bible more than you and with your usual condescending and arrogant attitude you keep them out of God's kingdom.

Unless you are giving the lame excuse that I have kept you out of God's Kingdom. undecided

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Unless you are giving the lame excuse that I have kept you out of God's Kingdom. undecided

I am in God's kingdom Pal, just make sure you help others to find the truth and stop shoving the deeperlife false gospel down their throats and when they reject it you start whining.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

grin
Oya Frosbel, is he?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Obviously as an enemy of the Kingdom you and your sect are keeping a lot of would be believers out owing to false doctrines, dogmatism and hypocritical "holiness".

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

I am in God's kingdom Pal, just make sure you help others to find the truth and stop shoving the deeperlife false gospel down their throats and when they reject it you start whining.

cheesy

Address the OP and stop prevaricating. tongue

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by DrummaBoy(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2014
Truth is that subjects like sabbath and circumcision have greater argument running for them than the tithes in the bible. We need to listen to the argument of an adventist on sabbath to appreciate this.

Candour, I found your interaction with the OP of (that) thread on his other thread on Sabbath, I mean OLAADEGBU, very interesting. How he was able to support that conclusion on sabbath but would not do the same for tithes, beats me.

OLAADEGBU: Words of Comfort: Keeping the Sabbath.

Scripture makes it clear that no one can be justified (made right with God) by keeping the Sabbath holy, or by keeping any other Commandment. All the Law does is bring the knowledge of sin to show us that we need a Saviour. Jesus fulfilled the demands of the Law, which means we can be made right with God through faith in Him alone (see Eph. 2:8,9). Believers now serve in the spirit, not the letter of the law, and the principle behind the Sabbath is this: Just as God created for six days then rested on the seventh, man is to work for six days and rest on the seventh—to cease working. Those who trust in Christ’s finished work on the cross have ceased trying to be justified through their own efforts and instead find their rest in Him. (See Heb. 4:3,10.) That is why keeping the Sabbath is a non-issue for Christians when it comes to eternal salvation. It is simply a matter of conscience. Christians have incredible liberty—no one can tell us what we must eat or drink, or what days we must observe.

www.NeedGod.com
www.nairaland.com/1839822/keeping-sabbath

Compare this with the OP on (that) thread:

OLAADEGBU: Tithes and Offerings
February 6, 2013.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10).

Today there is much talk of financial security. The biblical formula in today’s verse, given to Israel, but applied to all, begins with a scathing indictment. "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings" (v. 8 ). What a terrible thing, to rob God. The result of their thievery, in God’s eyes: "Ye are cursed with a curse" (v. 9), such that their financial state was much worse than it would have been had they been obedient. This teaching and promise has not been rescinded (Luke 6:38; 1 Corinthians 16:2; etc.).

God’s charge to us as given in today’s verse is in three steps. First, we are told to obey; i.e., "bring ye." This cannot be considered an option. Secondly, God proposes a test. "Prove me," He says, give and see if He lives up to His promises. Thirdly, trust His promise to meet our needs.

Note that His promise is also threefold. It abundantly covers present needs, for He promises to "pour you out a blessing" unmeasurable in quality or quantity. Likewise, it covers the threat of future loss. "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field" (v. 11). Most precious is His promise to reward obedience and trust with a special relationship: "All nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land" (v. 12).

Thus we see that with less than 100 percent of our income at our disposal, we will have greater financial security than if we had kept it all to ourselves, thereby robbing God. JDM

For more . . . .

Does OLAADEGBU realize that Malachi 3:10 is a Jewish law, ordinance and commandment?

I don't know, but do we realize that it was a bondage to the sabbath that Jesus contended the pharisees with; while Paul contended the religious leaders of his day on circumcision? Why do we then find it surprising that Satan would ruse up another Jewish religious practice to blind God's people from true devotion to God like he did in the past?

There are no new tricks in the devil's bag.

BabaGnoni:
Christians have incredible liberty
no one can tell us what we must eat or drink, or what days we must observe.
- OLAADEGBU

Famous quote which incidentally is applicable to tithing
Christians have incredible liberty, no one can tell us to tithe

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2014
DrummaBoy: Truth is that subjects like sabbath and circumcision have greater argument running for them than the tithes in the bible. We need to listen to the argument of an adventist on sabbath to appreciate this.

Candour, I found your interaction with the OP of (that) thread on his other thread on Sabbath, I mean OLAADEGBU, very interesting. How he was able to support that conclusion on sabbath but would not do the same for tithes, beats me.

Compare this with the OP on (that) thread:

Does OLAADEGBU realize that Malachi 3:10 is a Jewish law, ordinance and commandment?

I don't know, but do we realize that it was a bondage to the sabbath that Jesus contended the pharisees with; while Paul contended the religious leaders of his day on circumcision? Why do we then find it surprising that Satan would ruse up another Jewish religious practice to blind God's people from true devotion to God like he did in the past?

There are no new tricks in the devil's bag.

Will you address the points of the OP and stop equivocating?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by DrummaBoy(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Will you address the points of the OP and stop equivocating?

Are you the OP?

I told the OP sometimes ago that he is incorrigible and a deceiver. I have nothing to address in his points here or anywhere else.

You should rather address the points raised on your numerous threads or shut up!

6 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Are you the OP?

I told the OP sometimes ago that he is incorrigible and a deceiver. I have nothing to address in his points here or anywhere else.

You should rather address the points raised on your numerous threads or shut up!

It's either you address the points raised on this thread or you forever hold your peace. angry
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by DrummaBoy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

It's either you address the points raised on this thread or you forever hold your peace. angry

Maybe you should look at the post I made up there and discover the true meaning of "equivocating".

If in one breadth you support the notion that we should not observe the sabbath because it was a Jewish law but in another breadth, you bandy Malachi 3:10 about, a clear Jewish law and ordinance, what else is equivocating?

EQUIVOCATE

verb (equivocates, equivocating; past and past participle equivocated)

(intransitive) To use words of equivocal or doubtful signification; to express one's opinions in terms which admit of different senses, with intent to deceive; to use ambiguous expressions with a view to mislead; as, to equivocate is the work of duplicity.

To render equivocal or ambiguous.

synonyms
♦ prevaricate
♦ evade
♦ shuffle
♦ quibble
♦ dodge
♦ adumbrate

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The points raised in the OP are very Daft and intentionally manipulative and anybody that knows the kind of deceitful person the writer is would not waste his time addressing the lies concocted by an agent of the devil who is the father of all liars.

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Maybe you should look at the post I made up there and discover the true meaning of "equivocating".

If in one breadth you support the notion that we should not observe the sabbath because it was a Jewish law but in another breadth, you bandy Malachi 3:10 about, a clear Jewish law and ordinance, what else is equivocating?

EQUIVOCATE

verb (equivocates, equivocating; past and past participle equivocated)

(intransitive) To use words of equivocal or doubtful signification; to express one's opinions in terms which admit of different senses, with intent to deceive; to use ambiguous expressions with a view to mislead; as, to equivocate is the work of duplicity.

To render equivocal or ambiguous.

synonyms
♦ prevaricate
♦ evade
♦ shuffle
♦ quibble
♦ dodge
♦ adumbrate

Ok. Address the OP's post instead of prevaricating, evading, eluding, avoiding, shuffling, dodging and sidestepping the issues. cool
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
PastorKun:

The points raised in the OP are very Daft and intentionally manipulative and anybody that knows the kind of deceitful person the writer is would not waste his time addressing the lies concocted by an agent of the devil who is the father of all liars.

You don't need to beat about the bush. Face the half truths and lies posted in the OP squarely in the face if you dare. shocked

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I tire o angry grin grin
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You don't need to beat about the bush. Face the half truths and lies posted in the OP squarely in the face if you dare. shocked

You know very well that I have debunked every single lie you and your partner in crime (image123) have spewed on this forum over the last few years. Obviously it's either you guys are hard of learning or you have simply sold your greedy souls to the devil. These days I don't waste time responding to con men parading themselves as believers. I would rather use my time to address those honestly seeking the truth.

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Ok. Address the OP's post instead of prevaricating, evading, eluding, avoiding, shuffling, dodging and sidestepping the issues. cool

grin
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Address the OP and stop prevaricating. tongue

When I asked you to go back and learn English I meant a proper classroom exercise not cramming a dictionary without knowing what the words mean in the right context.

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You said it. cool

Did you go to school with all those your big grammar or you copied them online too? Can't you read within the line that's a rhetorical question with a question mark? grin

3 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by nora544: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
The only way you can get out of poverty is by giving and sowing. #TheHolySpirit

https://www.facebook.com/PastorEAAdeboye?fref=ts

the biggest liar is working on sowing and tithing

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by dorox(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
The only way you can get out of poverty is by giving and sowing. #TheHolySpirit

https://www.facebook.com/PastorEAAdeboye?fref=ts
What this man is saying is that for you to escape your depressingly dire situation, you must first give him the little you have and his God will somehow magic into existence wealth for you. That is a wicked lie, so based on this statement alone I can say without a doubt that Daddy G.O Adeboye is an evil man and a liar.

6 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
PastorKun:

You know very well that I have debunked every single lie you and your partner in crime (image123) have spewed on this forum over the last few years. Obviously it's either you guys are hard of learning or you have simply sold your greedy souls to the devil. These days I don't waste time responding to con men parading themselves as believers. I would rather use my time to address those honestly seeking the truth.

Where are your rebuttals on this thread? undecided
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel:

When I asked you to go back and learn English I meant a proper classroom exercise not cramming a dictionary without knowing what the words mean in the right context.

cheesy

Unlike you, English is not my mother tongue.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Goshen360:

Did you go to school with all those your big grammar or you copied them online too? Can't you read within the line that's a rhetorical question with a question mark? grin

Don't ask questions answer the OP.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Don't ask questions answer the OP.

Ecclesiastes 10:15 The labour of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city.

Brother, if they knew how they would. They're waiting for dust to settle, then they can continue recycling trip questions for the undiscerning.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
Tithing is not an ordinance written against you, it is for your own good.
1Pe 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

interesting, image123 want us to submit ourselves to pastor's tithe ordinance smiley image123 must be a pastor protecting his chop-chop.

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
The Bible teaches otherwise. The Bible teaches that ALL SCRIPTURE is divinely inspired and profitable, and that WHATSOEVER things were written aforetime have something to teach us, they are SURELY, NO DOUBT, written for our sakes.
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our
learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Key word here highlighted blue smiley

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by DrummaBoy(m): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

interesting, image123 want us to submit ourselves to pastor's tithe ordinance smiley image123 must be a pastor protecting his chop-chop.

abi o

"ordinance of man" indeed.

One would have thought that any careful reader will see that 1pet 2:13 was referring to civil laws governing nations.

Well, of course, if we accept "ordinances of man" as church rules to tithe, then the much vaunted free will tithing will be a sham and we would return to the real gist, which is that modern tithing scheme are "doctrines of men" or better still "ordinance of men"

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / The Mercy & Grace Of God / Challenging The Skeptics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.