Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,924 members, 7,909,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 05:21 AM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (119338 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2014
Queenxstar: The truth will eventually prevail.

Amen!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 02, 2014
Good morning.
Update is here...

[b]CHAPTER FOURTEEN

We remained in the house until 9am when my father returned with some police with Toyosi. They loosed my mother and replaced the rope on her hands with handcuffs.

I screamed. No one paid attention to me. John pushed me out of the way. My mother was led away despite all the gesticulation she was making.

Rachael my aunt came to time. She was shocked when she saw my mother on handcuffs. Her head gear toppled over and fell on the table in the sitting room. She put her hands on her head.

What was the count charge against mother? Who would let me know? My father began to point at my face. His face was coarse. He must have been shouting, going by his Adam apple which was bouncing up and down in his jugular.

My aunt held me by my right wrist and began to pull me out of the house. It was as if my father had instructed her to take me with her. I weep when I saw my mother being sandwiched into the police peacock van.

"What happened?" I asked my aunt.

"Let's get home first," she said.

As soon as we arrived Aunty Rachael's home, she changed her clothes and got prepared to go out.

"Where are you going aunty?"

"To the police station," she said.

"Aunty, what's my mummy's offence?" I asked.

"Wait for me to return," she said and began to hurry away.

I folded my arms. My eyes had seen too much already. To die is better than to live. If only I have my life in control I would rather have taken it.

Tears poured out of my eyes; maybe blood I didn't know. I wiped my tears with the back of my left hand. I felt lonely.

It was getting to 11am before my aunt returned.

"Welcome," I said in haste. "What about mum?"

"She's--she's there..." my aunt said and burst in tears. "Rose, tell me...tell me...what really happened?"

I narrated the whole event.

"It's your fault, Rose, yourself and your mother's fault. I--I told you Toyosi is dangerous, you didn't listen to me..."

Rachael patted me on the back. She told me exactly what the charge against my mother was.

"Rose, do you know what really happened? Your father charged your mother for attempted murder."

"What!" I screamed.

Rachael told the story to detail: Bode saw a woman sitting beside a herbalist and moving her hands over a calabash of water. He said that the woman he saw was your mother. His own image was inside the water they were looking at. Bode woke up and rushed to meet his father in fright.

"Hmm," I sighed with my hands when my aunt ended the story. "Aunty, that woman Bode saw is his own mother, not mine."

"But who in this world will believe that?" Rachael replied me. "It was your mother and yourself they heard your voices in the night calling Bode's name; when your mother made use of sign language to call Bode to death in the spiritual, the boy didn't respond because he is ignorant of the sign, so you resorted into calling his name in the physical!"

"Aunty!" I shouted in sign language. "Do you believe that?" I was in great shock. My mouth remained open wide as I expected a response from my aunt.

She burst into tears and arched her back. She grabbed me and folded me in her bossom. My head was right below her bony chin. Her long hair carressed my unclad shoulders. Her tears fell in drops and then in excess on my body. They were cold. She disentangled. I knew she was about to use the sign language--the British sign language:

"I don't believe every bit of their story, Rose, but no one else wouldn't believe it; indeed Bode had the dream because he fled to his daddy's bedside: your mummy wasn't beside your daddy at that dead of the night, where was she?"

"Em--em, she was beside me on my own bed," I said.

"And what were you both doing in Bode's room in the dead night? They said your mother wanted to kill me physically when he didn't die spiritually, that was why you were in his room. They said you didn't find him and then resorted into searching his room, perhaps he was hiding somewhere in the corner of the room--so you scattered his bed, his wardrobe and everything in there in desperation."

I sobbed. I didn't seem to see a way out of this.

"And lastly, your father said he found your mother carrying a calabash. Rose, what's that for?"

"We found it there," I said.

"Did you people do all these things at all? Why did you go scattering Bode's room?"

"It was true we were looking for Bode, just because of the dream I had; it was the same dream Bode claimed he saw, but it is a blatant lie that it was my mother who did the sign language in it; rather it is Bode's mother, Toyosi."

"Toyosi?" How? Why would she be calling her son's name?" she asked.

"Yes she's the one. She was asking me to tell her my name in sign language; I told her Bode's name instead, remembering that you have asked me not to tell her my name if she asked. Then she was calling her son's name in the dream unknowingly."

"Hmm. Now I understand, my aunty said."

We were silent for some minutes.

"So what next?" I asked.

"Your mother would be charged to court for attempted murder next week."

I screamed and fell to the floor.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Marcela04: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2014
When dey are released, Rose should beat d leaving hell out of Bode nd bite Toyosi like no mans biz.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Marcela04: When dey are released, Rose should beat d leaving hell out of Bode nd bite Toyosi like no mans biz.

Rose is now a 'gen2' girl. She can't do that kind of thing again.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 1miccza: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2014
Even if I haven't read up to half of it,I dare say Sammyhoe this is magical. I do hope it ends happily...

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2014
1miccza: Even if I haven't read up to half of it,I dare say Sammyhoe this is magical. I do hope it ends happily...

Sure it would, else Rose wouldn't forgive me.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2014
I feel for Rose and her mother.Sobbing,pls can somebody offer me handkerchief to clean my face?Lovely update sir

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 02, 2014
seunviju: I feel for Rose and her mother.Sobbing,pls can somebody offer me handkerchief to clean my face?Lovely update sir

I'd better buy an handkerchief...I'll sell a dozen to you cos I'll need more of it in d course of this story...because I'll soon shed tears of joy.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2014
If you haven't read EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS, pls do. It's also coming daily too. Click this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1880835/everybody-genius-citizen-gyrus
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2014
seunviju: I feel for Rose and her mother.Sobbing,pls can somebody offer me handkerchief to clean my face?Lovely update sir
*pulls off my shirt and gives it to her*

Oya, sob and cry as much as you can, deargrin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Bi iro ba lo fun ogun odun, ojo kan ni otito maa ba.

I trust Sammy will prevent Rose's momma from going to prison.
She fit go gan sef, maybe for some twenty years shacheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Mczigx(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: *pulls off my shirt and gives it to her*

she go blow catarrh pt o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Bi iro ba lo fun ogun odun, ojo kan ni otito maa ba.

I trust Sammy will prevent Rose's momma from going to prison.
She fit go gan sef, maybe for some twenty years shacheesy

Na so I wicked reach? This one no be HONEYMOON IN PRISON o sad
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Maryclaire1(f): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dis is so brillant I must confess.dis is d 1st tym I wud read a story abt d deaf n dumb.itz lyk am in d story feeling wat shez feeling.putting mysef in rose shoes I honestly feel her pain.I do ve a reason 2 tank God.if not 4 d fact dat I can walk,I can hear,I can talk den definitely becos I can see.vry touching got me sheadding tears.thanks 4 share dis sammy.loving it.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
Maryclaire1: Dis is so brillant I must confess.dis is d 1st tym I wud read a story abt d deaf n dumb.itz lyk am in d story feeling wat shez feeling.putting mysef in rose shoes I honestly feel her pain.I do ve a reason 2 tank God.if not 4 d fact dat I can walk,I can hear,I can talk den definitely becos I can see.vry touching got me sheadding tears.thanks 4 share dis sammy.loving it.

Thanks for your comment. God bless you.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 1miccza: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe: .

Sure it would, else Rose wouldn't forgive me.

A masterpiece that's what you have here,I've been wondering isn't there any way,we all could come together and create a movie out of these beautiful pieces that I get to read on NL@ Sammyhoe...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
1miccza:

A masterpiece that's what you have here,I've been wondering isn't there any way,we all could come together and create a movie out of these beautiful pieces that I get to read on NL@ Sammyhoe...

Money answers all...who will finance it?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mczigx:
she go blow catarrh pt o
she no fit, I trust hercheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 1miccza: 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

Money answers all...who will finance it?

There are grants and loans for the entertainment industry even here on NL there are people with clout who would gladly either support financially or direct us to someone who can......What do you think??
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

Na so I wicked reach? This one no be HONEYMOON IN PRISON o sad
ehn, I know na.
but if na to say of your wickedness, O boy you wicked wella oootongue

how in the world you go take Rose suffer like that? Suppose say na Bode suffer like that, I no go talk.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
1miccza:

There are grants and loans for the entertainment industry even here on NL there are people with clout who would gladly either support financially or direct us to someone who can......What do you think??

I've not heard about any of them. Pls tell me more.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 1miccza: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

I've not heard about any of them. Pls tell me more.

There are.. You know what?? Let's discuss this with people like cuddlemii and repogirl and see what would come out of it,what do you think??
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
1miccza:

There are.. You know what?? Let's discuss this with people like cuddlemii and repogirl and see what would come out of it,what do you think??

Let me get sometin straight, do u mean to say that NL stories should be dramatised or just my one stories?
If it is NL stories from all authors then that is possible. You can open a thread concerning that and ask people for suggestion and help, but now for me I am only looking at publishing mine before doing any other things with them.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: ehn, I know na.
but if na to say of your wickedness, O boy you wicked wella oootongue

how in the world you go take Rose suffer like that? Suppose say na Bode suffer like that, I no go talk.

No be me be her father o, na John dey do dat kine tin for dat small girl.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 1miccza: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

Let me get sometin straight, do u mean to say that NL stories should be dramatised or just my one stories?
If it is NL stories from all authors then that is possible. You can open a thread concerning that and ask people for suggestion and help, but now for me I am only looking at publishing mine before doing any other things with them.

I mean yours and that of any other good writer shouldn't just be dramatised alone we should be able to make a movie out of this "we are able"we could even try to contact seasoned producers like Kunle Afolayan and the likes they would direct us as to how to push that forward if yours becomes a success,others would follow,what do you think??
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 1miccza: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

Making a movie would not stop you from publishing it would itTalk about killing two birds with one stone
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
SammyHoe:

No be me be her father o, na John dey do dat kine tin for dat small girl.
this case be like P.S game ni, you no fit blame the player na, na the controller of the pad you go blametongue
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Kaymania(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: this case be like P.S game ni, you no fit blame the player na, na the controller of the pad you go blametongue

Bros, igbadun ya dp..
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
Kaymania:

Bros, igbadun ya dp..
why didn't you press the (Like) button then? oya go back and like itgrin

thanks, boss.
...your d.p thoughwinkgrin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Well don sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Cindydearie: Well don sammy

Thank you dearie
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: *pulls off my shirt and gives it to her*

I don't want ur shirt,keep it for the fight that will erupt btw us

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Make Me A Wife

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.