Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118981 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 29, 2014
SammyHoe: Yes I wanna update but there hasn't been light since two days in my area.
pray that NEPA should bring light o.

Hian!!! you should have informed me earlier now, lemme tell them to restore your light sharpally!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
SammyHoe: Yes I wanna update but there hasn't been light since two days in my area.
pray that NEPA should bring light o.
lol...our own poles have decided to bow(fall)down and worship God and nobody is ready to remind them that they've got to stand up... grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by labaski(f): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
dammygoody:
lol...our own poles have decided to bow(fall)down and worship God and nobody is ready to remind them that they've got to stand up... grin
dats y d BIBLE says(and i modify) if u refuse to bow down n worship me,i woll make nepa poles replace you..awamaridi ni'se Olorun.. grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
sade1:

Hian!!! you should have informed me earlier now, lemme tell them to restore your light sharpally!!!!

And they have restored it now grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
SammyHoe:

And they have restored it now grin
Hallelujah....!!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=SammyHoe]

And they have restored it now grin[/quote

You see?! ***Don't bother to say thank you*** ••winks••
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
labaski: dats y d BIBLE says(and i modify) if u refuse to bow down n worship me,i will make nepa poles replace you..awamaridi ni'se Olorun.. grin
Haha... grin That's right....
However, just about the time Sammyprof gave his testimony of the restoration of power, I sighted some able-bodied guys of the community hovering about the poles, as I speak, one has already woken up from its worship, two are still worshipping... : D

I agree, awamaridi ni'se Oluwa...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by samzi(m): 11:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
sade1:

nepa staff...yu can lend him ur generator if yu ar dat desperate.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Launching!! Launching!! Launching!!

I am inviting you to the LAUNCHING of my website, www.ebiag.com. The launching ceremony starts by 8am tomorrow October 1, where you will be served WE ARE ABLE three square meals AS WE CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE OF NIGERIA AND EBIAG NAMING CEREMONY.

visit www.ebiag.com and comment as from tomorrow morning cheesy

Pls the website ( house) is not yet a mansion like Nairaland but you and I are able to make it a mansion.

Wishing you a happy INDEPENDENCE DAY IN ADVANCE!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by kaywiluv(f): 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
SammyHoe: Launching!! Launching!! Launching!!

I am inviting you to the LAUNCHING of my website, www.ebiag.com. The launching ceremony starts by 8am tomorrow October 1, where you will be served WE ARE ABLE three square meals AS WE CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE OF NIGERIA AND EBIAG NAMING CEREMONY.

visit www.ebiag.com and comment as from tomorrow morning cheesy

Pls the website ( house) is not yet a mansion like Nairaland but you and I are able to make it a mansion.

So happy can't wait till tomorrow, to start afresh with ''we are Able''

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
kaywiluv:

So happy can't wait till tomorrow, to start afresh with ''we are Able''

You might be surprised when you get there and see better stories grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by spanzed(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
Uncle sam I hail ooo...all thanks to ur new website I have eased the tension of not having to read my favourite E-story...hopefully would take up a new one...Happy independence in Advance..

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by kaywiluv(f): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
SammyHoe:

You might be surprised when you get there and see better stories grin

Hmmm
Loving this
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
spanzed: Uncle sam I hail ooo...all thanks to ur new website I have eased the tension of not having to read my favourite E-story...hopefully would take up a new one...Happy independence in Advance..

Thank you
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by shakespen: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
You can write your authored books, article, and songs at www.shakespen.com .Its modular writing format especially makes it easier to write books and maintain your audience. Imagine when your books are read in chapters and pages and got a book-cover too. Sign up and learn all wonderful tools ShakesPen has to offer.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Yemmymary(f): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sammy please more update or u close ds thread 1nc n for all
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yemmymary: Sammy please more update or u close ds thread 1nc n for all

Why? We are not closing this thread, not when I just got all resources ready, i.e subscription
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tenajtek(f): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
SammyHoe: Launching!! Launching!! Launching!!

Congratulations!!! I share in your joy.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Aminzy(m): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]happy independence nd happy naming ceremony to oga Sammy how,hope we are able will finish 2moro
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Aminzy: [color=#550000][/color]happy independence nd happy naming ceremony to oga Sammy how,hope we are able will finish 2moro

Thank you so much. EBIAG LAUNCHING is going on currently. You can be among the first five people to win a recharge card on the forum. Visit www.ebiag.com now
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2014
good morning readers. The launching ceremony of EBIAG WEBSITE is ongoing right now. You can go there, comment and win a recharge card. Soon, the continuation of this story shall be posted there. Thanks.

Happy independent day!!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by justcallbuki(f): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
whats all diz?....am even angry now
if u ain't posting d concluding part here just tell us rather dan refering us to ur site....... Dats more reason i dot read story dat is nt written by christar01 or yomi2plus2, dis 2 always make me come back to literature sectn..... D last chapter make it d end of dis story for me!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by helensharpay(f): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
winkJust passing by,Sammy.More ink to your pen,nice write up,I just hope history will not repeat itself in this story again Oo,like you did in EBIAG? grin smiley
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
justcallbuki: whats all diz?....am even angry now
if u ain't posting d concluding part here just tell us rather dan refering us to ur site....... Dats more reason i dot read story dat is nt written by christar01 or yomi2plus2, dis 2 always make me come back to literature sectn..... D last chapter make it d end of dis story for me!

If u dnt want it u can as well leave n go read ur story frm christar or yomi

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by spanzed(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Trypa:

If u dnt want it u can as well leave n go read ur story frm christar or yomi
grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by s3nn2x(m): 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Time to unfollow this thread. I knew something like this would happen... sad grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 02, 2014
s3nn2x: Time to unfollow this thread. I knew something like this would happen... sad grin

Lol...are u not aware that the story continues on www.ebiag.com ?

Just come over and keep enjoying the story. This goes for everyone too. Thanks.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 02, 2014
helensharpay: winkJust passing by,Sammy.More ink to your pen,nice write up,I just hope history will not repeat itself in this story again Oo,like you did in EBIAG? grin smiley

Story continues on www.ebiag.com my sister.
justcallbuki: whats all diz?....am even angry now

Why do readers threaten writers with unfollowing of thread? Maybe you think we are getting paid for writing here. CAPITAL NO!

You don't even encourage me with your comments in the past, all I just see now is a threat. cool

Farewell my sister. Safe journey.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tenajtek(f): 6:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Okay oh! Hope the launching ceremony went well. I'm happy for you. Switches to ebiag.com
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2014
tenajtek: Okay oh! Hope the launching ceremony went well. I'm happy for you. Switches to ebiag.com

Thank you my sister, a true fan who will take the pain to follow me anywhere I go, but some ppl will never offer the least sacrifice, even though the writer is subscribing 1,500 naira monthly just to update free.

fact: I have never subscribed a full month (#1,500) until I began to write stories here. Yet some ppl will discourage you and would make you feel like going offline forever.

Food is now ready at www.ebiag.com.
Go there now. Thanks.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2014
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Toyosi was shocked when she discovered that I had sold all the eggs in the room where she stored them. That day, I didn't stop at three crates. I kept on going back home to bring more crates until fifteen crates of eggs were sold by us.

Toyosi rushed to me and asked in fury, "Where are my eggs?" I signed a response back to her. She was amazed. I had 'sounded' incredible.

"And where is the money?" she asked, to be sure I was saying the right thing. I put a hand into my waist wallet and gave her all the money in it.

That evening, Toyosi had to take it upon herself to get some crates of eggs in replacement, which she expected me to sell the next day.

John was amazed when he heard about it. If only he had the time in his control, he would trail me from behind and know the secret. But he dared not skip job for a day. Even Toyosi too would have done that, but unfortunately for her, she could not.

The sales continued. The strategy was really working to the extent that some good Samaritans would tell us not to bother given them change.

Now I had discovered Toyosi's lie. Did she not say that she was omnipresent? Did she not say that she was seeing me anywhere and anytime? Why didn't she see what I was doing to sell that much?

So, Toyosi seeing me with Moses that day was a coincidence, I thought. Then my thought of fleeing the home once and for all ravished my brain, but for Biodun's sake, I would stay. How would he feel without me? Biodun won't survive not 'seeing' me around for one month let alone forever.

On the first day of putting our idea into use, just when we were leaving, a young boy came close to us. He was an egg buns seller. Biodun made the boy's intention known to me and I accepted the idea:

He said his name is Chinedu. He wants us to help him sell his egg buns, since eggs and egg buns are more or less the same commodity

So, what is our bonus?

I told him to pay us #3 per egg buns we help him sell. He would be putting two showglasses before us everyday.

How many buns would be in each showglass?

Fifty I guess

Then it means we shall be having around #300 daily if we sell all

Exactly!

That's a good business! Let's do it!

Chinedu began to drop his showglasses before us everyday, since it would save him the stress of walking about under the sun for hours to have them all sold.

People around that corner loved us so much. They wouldn't want to patronise other people except if we had nothing left to sell. Biodun even said he overheard somebody saying that she was challenged by our lifestyle; despite our limitations, we could still overcome it and work for a living by ourselves unlike the many people hanging around without any loss of there organs, yet begging for alms.

We were so much blessed to the extent that some people would give us alms even when we haven't requested for them. At first, I wanted to go against such, but Biodun said we shouldn't reject it. We could use such money, added to the money Chinedu did pay us, to refresh ourselves before returning home each day.

That is not alm, but freewill offering, Biodun said. The ones they give in Church, are they alms too? he added.

Despite the fact that Biodun couldn't see, he appeared very clever. I used to wonder how precisely he did give descriptions of objects he hadn't seen before. I was shocked when he was describing the pillar of our house in a composition they were asked to write sometimes back. Biodun said that things he felt with his hands and those he heard with his ears tend to stick to his memory rigidly.

Even Laide who could see could not spell words better than Biodun, although she had her own strong point too. Laide, though lame, could swim better than me. I discovered that when we had the opportunity to learn how to swim in the school I once attended with them.

John began to avoid me, perhaps he knew what I could do. My audacity had risen to a level of egoism. I would let my father know that I wasn't useless as he had portrayed me. I addressed a note to him:

Daddy, you said I am useless but now I am proving you wrong. You said I couldn't sell a crate of egg so I am useless, but I have sold more than a hundred in four days. What do you think? Am I still useless? What else do you want me to do to show you that I AM ABLE? Perhaps after doing that, you might reconsider bringing back my mother.

John was speechless when he saw the letter. He came to where I was and gaped at me for a while, his face muddled up in total confusion.

I didn't go scotfree for my action. Toyosi came to my corner to beat me up, having glimpsed the note I addressed to her husband. I charged at her impulsively. I didn't know where that effrontery came from. I had snatched the cane and thrown it away before it lashed my body. Toyosi herself was scared. She just left me alone and went away.

I wondered what came on me. It was only two times I had displayed a kind of wild behaviour before her ever since, and in those two times she capitulated. Maybe she was even afraid of me somehow, I thought....

Continue at the EBIAG website. Follow the link on the signature

7 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tattesco(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Hi bro sammy. I tried to register on that site. But it keeps directing me to the front page. What can I do sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.