Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman (815 Views)

Photo Of A Policeman Trying To Shake Buhari / Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / Photo: Some Youths In Nigeria Argue That Nigeria Has 35 States. Leaders Of 2mor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by cdoffx(m): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2014
As some of you must have read about the shooting and killing that occured in local govt in Rivers state. I happen to be a corps member serving in that particular LGA and precisely in the area of the LGA where the incident occured.

Yesterday as i was leaving my PPA as directed by our LI to the LGA HQ for the meanwhile. A fellow corper and myself took a bike from our PPA going to Omoku the LGA HQ. Somewhere along the way we were stopped by some mobile policemen who had already stopped some other bikes.

To cut the story short on asking the bikeman for his particulars and he couldnt produce it, the leader of the police squad asked his men to put the bike in there van. the bikeman got close to the poloceman begging him and the next thing this police did was to remove the AK-47 hung around his neck from safety and cocked it saying "you want to get a bullet? don't get close to me when i have a gun".

Since we are corps members he allowed his men to carry us in their van to Omoku. But i began to wonder, why he would remove his gun from safety and cocked it when it is not that he his about to engage an armed gang.

He never returned the rifle back to safety as we left the place while he rode on another bike that could not be contained in the van. Imagine this aggresive policeman engaged in arguement with another person, forgetting he had already cocked the gun and in the course of trying to threaten would fire the rifle at this unlucky person.

I was just thinking about how dangerous his act was till they dropped us on the way and resolve never to engage in arguement with any policeman afterward and i decided to share the experience with us so that we can be careful with policemen.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2014
Same human rights abuse all over.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by Sloan: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Well, this sort of thing only happens in Nigeria and similar lawless countries! It is sad but it is the kind of life Nigerians have chosen by the leadership they support (PDP, Jonadumbass) because they control the police directly and finance it. He who pays the piper dictates the tunes, the executive appoints the minister of internal affairs, police affairs, etc; this is how Nigerians are ruining themselves, exposing themselves to danger, stray bullet by choosing a Jonadumbass and PDP that does not give a damn since 1999, continuing the years of the military.

Now over here, the police will never do that! Yes, the police is trained to anticipate gun violence and in situations when an officer is stopping you while in a car, he will approach you from a rather acute angle and place his hands on his holster but will not draw his weapon until he establishes that the suspect is not hostile or threatening. I have seen only once when police officers 2 drew their weapons when they were searching a house for a suspect. Hours before, a weapon had been fired there so going in hot was the right approach.

Now one thing that I can tell you here, that I have experienced with police is when you are pulled over because of an infraction: driving in a reserved lane, expired registration, etc: very annoying and expensive tickets! Most of the time when you are pulled over you are more than likely to have committed the offence and all you can do is respond to every request the officer makes like giving him your incense as he spends several minutes checking your records and writing / printing you a ticket! You can't argue with him because it is completely pointless, you will hardly get any positive result from it. Your only option is to collect the ticket and go to the court to contest it, not fun either. In the end, you will understand that this is why the society is so organized, crime gets immediate or almost immediate punishment. The police officers, government officials, etc are not immune and if they so much as commit an offence too, they are on the chopping board! This is why the society is organized not because the white man has the supernatural or innate abilities to run an organized and efficient society. If you see a team of policemen carrying assault automatic weapons / rifles on the road here, then you know there is a real problem or a big problem is about to erupt and they already know it's coming and they are responding to it! When they do, they will be wearing every combat readiness gear, and the first thing you should do and they will ask you to do is to leave that area immediately!

If you want a better police system where you as a citizen can decide how police approaches you or your children and friends, as your PDP leaders to restructure Nigeria to regional governments, State Police, etc. Then, the police will behave much more better and professionally because their ogas are always less 20 Km away within the state and all you need do is to report and the team responsible for such a careless dealing with unarmed civilians can be easily ground among a few thousands officers policing the state.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by fckmn24seg(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2014
Never argue with an armed men
Re: Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by vanbonattel: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2014
We the masses allows them to be mad, because we allowed them to be collecting bribes
Re: Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by Bunchersstab(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2014
Nigerian police force tongue The police is your friend assist your friend to serve you better cheesy We serve and protect with integrity grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Argue With A Policeman by Gozzzy(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2014
Even a madman, should think twice before arguing with an armed Naija police man.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That APC Means Association Of Past Criminals / Amnesty International Releases Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Killing Lawlessly / Read And Be Properly Guided On The Use Of SALT To Combat EBOLA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.