Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,676 members, 7,972,510 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Crony - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (88857 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by thepatroit: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Learning never ends, I've learnt more today. Thanks so much ThePatriot, I really appreciate this. I'll ammend all ASAP. Btw, thanks for joining this family, u 're loved!!

Tee..
. I heaved a sigh of relief when I read this. Tanx 4 accepting d criticism in gud faith. Nw I can enjoy following the story with a free mind. Glad 2 b here.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
Please sirs and mas, bear with me tonight coz I was suddenly called upon that I'm gonna play keyboard for tonight's Youths' night. though, I've been informed before buh i forgot.. Tomorrow sef z praise night again... but I'll make sure I update tomorrow morning. I'm really sorry for disappointing u tonight again, this has to be done.

I promise, tomorrow by 6am, u gonna meet d update here... Deeply sorry again coz I hate disappointing ppl and hate it wen I don't keep to promise.

Tee'Dan.
Re: My Crony by udison(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bros T no qualms.....we still dey ya side..

1 Like

Re: My Crony by dynamo007(m): 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
no pro bros Tdan ..anitym u r free
Re: My Crony by hussain63(f): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Please sirs and mas, bear with me tonight coz I was suddenly called upon that I'm gonna play keyboard for tonight's Youths' night. though, I've been informed before buh i forgot.. Tomorrow sef z praise night again... but I'll make sure I update tomorrow morning. I'm really sorry for disappointing u tonight again, this has to be done.

I promise, tomorrow by 6am, u gonna meet d update here... Deeply sorry again coz I hate disappointing ppl and hate it wen I don't keep to promise.

Tee'Dan.
......... Kai,dat 6am look lyk forever jare,so much enjoy diz story...more ink to ur pen grin
TemitopeDaniel: Please sirs and mas, bear with me tonight coz I was suddenly called upon that I'm gonna play keyboard for tonight's Youths' night. though, I've been informed before buh i forgot.. Tomorrow sef z praise night again... but I'll make sure I update tomorrow morning. I'm really sorry for disappointing u tonight again, this has to be done.

Tee'Dan.
......... Kai,dat 6am look lyk forever jare,so much enjoy diz story...more ink to ur pen *stay bless
Re: My Crony by Cindydearie(f): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Alrite
Re: My Crony by crazo(m): 12:58am On Aug 14, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: I don't like this boss... u 're a good follower and you've never ever raised something like this, it means u don't like me if u're waiting for someone to correct me before u do....

That's why I appreciate Hameenat, LogoDwhiz, PrinceAdepoju, Kingphilip and co....

Please, always get me informed if there's anything to be done.

BTW, Thanks so much for expressing your feelings, u 're loved!
erhmmm no vex boss.. as i no sabi grammar nko??..i would actually have criticize/chastised if i did the correction buh he said it in this cool way
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 14, 2014
Wow Av missed alot
its gud Aisha has learnt hr lessons
but I b team azeezat oo
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:55am On Aug 14, 2014
Still typing please...
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:32am On Aug 14, 2014
EPISODE ELEVEN.

HAKEEM had been cerebrating on the matter since his friends left his office. His friends were right, weren't they?  Aishat is rich and influential, she has the ability to have her own company built up as soon as possible, it seems she just came here for me to forgive her.. Hakeem couldn't take his mind off the issue, he believed her and at the same time he wasn't sure if Aishat was real.

He made up his mind that he would keep thinking about it until he was sure Aishat was real. He picked up her credentials and went through them, she doesn't worth being the accountant, what should I do?

"How was it?" Tomi asked Aishat as she stepped in.

Aishat wiped her sweat with the handkerchief she had with her and yawned as she walked in. "Tomi, I'm hungry." She smiled and sat on the couch.

"That's neccessary, I've been cooking since you left, don't worry, the porridge will soon be ready." Tomi told her.

"Thank you. Where I went to was.. I don't know the right word to use in it's qualification, Hakeem has really changed." She drawled.

"Really? Did he say he wouldn't offer any help?" Tomi asked.

"That would be better if said, he told me to drop my papers and he'd get in touch with me. He also told me to write out my mobile phone number so he could call me." She replied, looking sad.

"That outrightly means he doesn't have your mobile number any longer, all the same just be patient, just work with him.." Tomi surmised.

"Sure, I will, if he employs me." She assured as she hit her. "The porridge!" She reminded her.

Tomi grinned and walked into the kitchen to check the porridge.

Azeezat hissed after receiving the Secretary's call that Tesleem was around. She wondered what he came to do, at least she had told him she wasn't interested in him. I can't marry an unbeliever, a sinner to Almighty Allah, he's just an unserious guy. Who's going to marry him? Besides, I now have Hakeem.. She thought after ending the call.

Few seconds after, she heard a knock at her door. "Come in," she then hissed silently.

"Azeezat..." Tesleem grinned in, he was looking good, no doubt but Azeezat still wouldn't like him.

See the teeth... She had thought as Tesleem moved closer. "What can I do for you?" She questioned out of anger.

"Azeezat, you should at least greet a gentleman." Tesleem smiled as he stood before her.

"I don't have time for all that, what is it that you want from me?" Azeezat asked.

"You know what I want, don't you?" Tesleem sat down.

"And who told you to sit? Tesleem be careful oh." She hissed aloud.
"Azeezat, do you even know the meaning of your name? Azeezat means- Esteemed, precious, cherished lady. You're precious and that's what I like about you.."

"I know you aren't going to listen, please leave." She shrieked.

"Wait, I came for something more important." Tesleem said as he breathed slowly.

"I'm not in the mood to hear anything from you, just leave." She insisted.

"Azeezat, I should leave?" Tesleem was slack jawed.

"I don't give a damn, you know I'm not into you. Please leave." She repeated, getting more serious.

Tesleem heaved a sigh and walked out.

EVENING.

It was Hastrup that prepared the dinner, the guys were seated close to one another as they ate on the dinning table. Uthman was the first to bring up the issue again by asking Hakeem what he would do concerning Aishat.

"I'm still thinking on what to do." He informed without giving him a look, he faced the meal before him squarely.

"I thought you must have decided, all the same conclude this on a right track." Hastrup chimed in.

"There's nothing to be concluded, leave this girl alone! And, I've told you she just came to know your feelings." Uthman coaxed.

"Uthman!" Hakeem carried his plate of rice and walked to his room angrily. I don't know why you hate her this much, I don't know what she has done to deserve this hatred.. He was grumbling as he walked out of the dinning room.

Hassan walked in, barging into his sister's room. "Sis.." he said as he came in.

"How many times have I warned you against barging into my room?" She blurted.

"Sorry, that's not the point now. Why did you chase Tesleem out of your office?" He asked.

"Hassan, this is so stupid of you. You came here to ask me this? Ooh... you guys have been chatting about me right? You were the one who told him to visit me weren't you? Hassan, take your time!" She sneered.

"See, just take it easy because I don't know why you hate a guy who's willing to do anything for you. This guy loves you sis, he said he came to your place to tell you he has changed but you sent him away again." Hassan explained.

"And what's my business? Tell him not to disturb me any longer, I'm already in a relationship, a serious one sef." She snapped.

"He loves you..." Hassan repeated stressing the sentence.

"Leave my room!" She barked.

3 Likes

Re: My Crony by samsondavid(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2014
Hmmm. This one is serious. Watching out for d heartbreaks and reconciliation in d story.

Thumbs Up Boss Tee Dan
Re: My Crony by Tipiflexy(m): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Nice update Tdan,but u sti need to watch ur use of english n error like account instead of accountant.All d same u ar getting better n eventually u wil b d best.
Re: My Crony by hassan85(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2014
I wish hakeem will stop ds game dt he's playing cos like seriously, I already like ds Azezat.. just like d way he carries herself
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Tipiflexy: Nice update Tdan,but u sti need to watch ur use of english n error like account instead of accountant.All d same u ar getting better n eventually u wil b d best.
Typing isn't easy... any other thing? THAT z modified...
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:42am On Aug 14, 2014
hassan85: I wish hakeem will stop ds game dt he's playing cos like seriously, I already like ds Azezat.. just like d way she carries herself
Hmmn... wish too..
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2014
samsondavid: Hmmm. This one is serious. Watching out for d heartbreaks and reconciliation in d story.

Thumbs Up Boss Tee Dan
Thanks oga Samson...
Re: My Crony by KingzPen(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Keep the flag flying Boss...
Re: My Crony by Fatalveli(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hakeem doesn't love azeezat but tesleem does
Re: My Crony by Fatalveli(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hakeem doesn't love azeezat but tesleem does isn't it
Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
T.Dan, please help me tell Hakeem to tell Azeezat that na joke him dey joke ooooo.

Later, it would be more than a heart-break for her.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
KingzPen: Keep the flag flying Boss...
King, u bak? grin

Welcome Boss... make drinks dey flow... IZZY!!!!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: T.Dan, please help me tell Hakeem to tell Azeezat that na joke him dey joke ooooo.

Abi na... Aw una dey My Prince?
Re: My Crony by Fatalveli(m): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Abi na... Aw una dey My Prince?
Broda, I beg I dey hungry 4 more update ooo...
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: T.Dan, please help me tell Hakeem to tell Azeezat that na joke him dey joke ooooo.

abi o , I just dey pity for her after all the forming for tesleem. T.Dan weldon jare
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
T-Dan,well done, but plz come and update nah abi u want make hunger kill ur fans. Its not fair oooooo.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
EPISODE TWELVE.

THE NEXT EVENING.

HASTRUP walked into his father's house. It was long he visited his place, if not for the issue he had to sort, he wouldn't visit him that day. He had been calling his father for weeks but his father kept postponing their visit because he wasn't in Nigeria then.

As he got dressed for work in the morning, he got the call that his father had arrived. Since he got the call, he felt like seeing him instantly. Aminat's parents had started troubling her about her future partner because to them, Hastrup wasn't a better one.

As he walked in, he wondered if his brother- Quadri would be around. Quadri was his elder brother who was in charge of one of Alhaji T.Bello's Companies in Nigeria.

He got to the door and knocked softly, resting his back on the brown-painted wall and waiting for someone to get the door. He smiled as he heard Quadri's voice. "Bro.." he shook him and both hugged after the door was opened.

"You don't ask after me.." Quadri said as he pulled his cheeks. Hakeem smiled and pulled the curtain together after he locked the door. "As an elder brother, shouldn't you be the one asking after me."

Quadri chortled. "What a brother, if I fail to put a call accross, you should have called, or better still visit my office." He sat down.

"Anyways, we're both wrong. By the way, where's Dad?" He enquired as he sat down beside Quadri.

"He is in his room, he said you've been troubling him for weeks. He's been in England." He informed.

"I know he's been out of the country, I came because of this lady I wish to.. you know now.." he winked at Quadri and beamed.

"What's up with her, you want to tell him about her?" Quadri asked.

"No, the girl took me to her parents' place just to greet them amd they sent me away like an animal when they heard I'm Alhaji T. Bello's son. I was humilated, I wish to know what Alhaji has done to that family." He explained.

"Alright, only God knows. Let me get him." Quadri walked in to get Alhaji T. Bello.

Uthman was turning his head, looking around Derin's living room as he sat on a couch that evening. She had called him and told him that night would be the last time she would call him to come to her place so she could settle the dispute between him and Shukurat.

Uthman had always known that Derin wasn't real, she must have called him to confess her love to him again. Over days, Uthman had been calling Shukurat but she never picked up his calls. "And where's Shukurat?" Uthman asked Derin.

Derin laughed out and stood from her seat, she walked to Uthman and kept laughing. "When are you going to hear me out? You know, don't you?" She clapped her hands together, still laughing.

"What is it that I know?" Uthman questioned.

"The day you met us in the eatery, wasn't I the one who showed concern towards you? Shukurat was quiet, she behaved as if she was reserved and yet you still showed her love, you demanded for her mobile number and didn't even ask me of mine, if I didn't tell you I'd give you." She explained.

"So? I liked her because she was reserved. She looked like the real lady, she had a cloth that covered her unclothedness and even covered her head. She was more beautiful than you, and even still more beautiful than you are." He sputtered.

Derinsola chuckled and clapped her hands together again. "Why do you now sound like this? Are you angry with me?" She hissed and continued. "That's not the point, you know I love you, that Shukurat doesn't have time for you, she doesn't!" She snortted.

"She does, my mind keeps telling me you're the one behind this issue, you planned those ladies aren't you?" He questioned.

Derin smiled. "I have plans for you if you fail to heed to what I want. For your information, this is just the beginning if you fail to hearken." She growled.

"I've never seen your type, I'm not surprised, when you aren't a muslim. I don't know why Christians act this way!" He hissed and stood up.

"That's your business. But Uthman, you don't know the feelings I'm going through, to hell with ladies that can speak to guys about love. We all have equal rights, if I don't feel for you, I won't be doing all this."

"Fool, I'm going to tell your friend all what you've said." He began walking out.

"Who's the greater fool? How do you expect her to believe you? Anyways, I'll visit your place tomorrow." She told him.

Uthman halted and turned around. "What for?"

"Never mind, I pray I meet your friends this time around so that they can speak sense into yoursm thick skull." She mocked.

Uthman hissed again and walked out.

Alhaji T. Bello walked out of the room in his brown kaftan. "Hastrup." He smiled as he called his name.

"Dad, good evening." He prostrated smiling too.

"How are you?" The man asked him as he took of his spectacle and sat down.

"I'm not good oh." He sat as well, staring at his father.

"What is it again? Are you finding your friends difficult? I've told you earlier to head one of my companies but you wouldn't listen, you've always preferred your friend." He grinned.

"I have no difficulty with them, do you know Alhaji Taofeeq?" He asked.

The name rang a bell as Hastrup's father heard it. His eyes popped more open as he stared at Hastrup. "What about him?" His countenance changed.

"What do you both have against each other? He's against the relationship between his daughter and I." He stated calmly.

"Relationship between you and his daughter? That's not possible now... Taofeeq? It isn't possible, it can't work out between you two." Alhaji snapped.

"You're also getting angry Dad, this isn't fair. What's between you guys, I want to know." He insisted.

"See, you should start going home. It's late already and I don't want you to drive at night." He told him and stood up.

"Dad, you haven't told me..."

"Good night Hastrup." T. Bello walked in.

THE NEXT DAY.

It was the first day in the month of October, there was a public holiday, Hakeem had also declared holiday in his company so everyone would be able to celebrate the independence day. Hastrup was still in bed, thinking on what to do concerning the dispute between his father and that of Aminat. He was becoming tired because none of the fathers spoke out what happened.

Hakeem and Uthman were in the living room, watching a movie when they heard knocks at the door. "I'll get it." Hakeem said and walked to the door. "Who's it?" He asked.

"Derinsola." The voice replied him.

Derin? Uthman repeated from his seat and stood up.

Hakeem opened the door and let her in. Derin couldn't take her eyes off Hakeem as she walked in. Why I'm I even after Uthman when there's a better choice here? God, see this guy... she stared at him, admiring Hakeem.

"I'm Derin." She grinned and stretched her hand forward for handshake.

Hakeem smiled. "You are welcome." He pretended as if he didn't know she wanted to know his name.

"Thank you, what's your own name?" She asked.

"Em.. I'm.. I'm Tope." He lied. Who didn't know who she was, a desperate lady.

"Nice name. You look handsome." She grinned.

"Thank you." Hakeem smiled and walked in.

2 Likes

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nancydearie: T-Dan,well done, but plz come and update nah abi u want make hunger kill ur fans. Its not fair oooooo.
Ntwk too bad for dz side... 've been trying to update over 35 mins now... I'm sorry... I told u to add me up on Whatsapp... cry 08038100629
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nice Update,keep it up!!!
Re: My Crony by Cindydearie(f): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
God bless u tdan
Re: My Crony by seunviju(f): 12:27am On Aug 15, 2014
This Derin na something else o,lovely update sir.

1 Like

Re: My Crony by onosj(f): 1:11am On Aug 15, 2014
I dey follow u like bee dey follow honey?
Re: My Crony by famola(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2014
lovely story,you are doing g8 TD

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.