Stats: 3,180,884 members, 7,912,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 08:26 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1846835 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Viralmilez(m): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2021
Still in the tgif mood..

Have u ever seen a life guard drown??

Well here's your chance to see one in this fresh skit..

Please share, like and comment (positive or negative comments are needed)

https://youtu.be/_CCdRj7JHlQ
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Favrex(m): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2021
As a Ceo or brand owner understanding the secrets and key in rebranding cannot be overemphasised, as it positions you to becoming a guru in your field...

Join Emmanuel Favour as he trashes the powerful issues and loopholes... you have not known in this online webinar

https:///jfezkbuh

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by victomerc11: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2021
The following are needed:
Teachers
Secretary
Nanny
Cleaner
Security

School Location: Alakia - Iworoad axis

Call:08034051656, 08089891008

Send CV and Cover letter to
Email: victomercschools@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chazb(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
What of does company before you fill you need to signed up and they send you email on mail box
How do we know if they Fake or Scam once.

LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joliva(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Are you an Upworker or Fiver writer? My next ten https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBA8tZOpU7UWfOkCVL3Utw videos will address a lot of issues relevant to how you can win great jobs on Upwork.

Whether you're a rookie or newbie, you need these videos to earn your first job on these platforms.

For veterans, these videos will help you understand how you can up the ante to earn big DOLLAR jobs on freelancing. Stay tuned. Watch my previous videos.

Here are a few takeaways from my videos:

-Know your audience (location-based and niche-based audience)

-Know the correct spelling (US, Australian, or UK audience)

- Know your niche: IT, automotive, Affiliate marketing, Web content, SEO, Keyword search, Response Post, Product Description, Blog writing, technical/creative writing, beauty, fashion, etc.

Do you believe in your writing capacity? Can you in the US DOLLAR? Can it earn you your life savings and investment? Get hooked up today with JAA, your MTJ.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dimeji248(m): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2021
I just got this in my mail box now, Abeg has anyone receivied this invite from this establishment before?

After careful consideration of your online application with ACEPACE INCORPORATION, you have been shortlisted for an INTERVIEW with a Business Consulting Firm.

You will be assessed for one of the following roles available;

*Business Development Associate.
*Human Resource Assistant
*Customer Service/Sales Support Officer

If you fit into the company standard, you will be offered any of the aforementioned positions based on your skills and expertise.

Kindly find below details for the interview;

Date/time: Tuesday 10th August 2021 by 8:00am

Venue: Suite B150 Odo Eran Bus Stop, opposite NNPC station, Beside Great Talent School, Ogba, Lagos.

N.B: Ensure you come with the following;
1.Any valid means of identification
2.Your Updated CV.

Best regards,

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by teeboiy01: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
SCAM ALERT!!!

Neogroup!!!
After careful consideration of your online application via GLOFIELD GLOBAL, this is to notify you that you have been shortlisted to undergo a one on one INTERVIEW/CHAT with a Business Consulting Firm-NEOGROUP NG.

You will be accessed in one of the following roles available;

*Human Resource Recruiter.
*Sales/Marketing Support Officers.
*Secretary/ Receptionist.

If you fit into the company standard, you will be offered any of the aforementioned position based on your skills and expertise.

Kindly find below the details of the interview;

Date/time: Friday 13th August 2021 by 8:00am

Venue: Suite B 150,Odo Eran Bus Stop, Beside Great Talent School, along the newly constructed bridge, Ogba, Lagos.

2.Your Up-to date CV.

SCAM ALERT!!!! Do not hounor this interview
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by teeboiy01: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
IT IS A SCAM SCHEME!!!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
dimeji248:
I just got this in my mail box now, Abeg has anyone receivied this invite from this establishment before?

After careful consideration of your online application with ACEPACE INCORPORATION, you have been shortlisted for an INTERVIEW with a Business Consulting Firm.

You will be assessed for one of the following roles available;

*Human Resource Assistant
*Customer Service/Sales Support Officer

If you fit into the company standard, you will be offered any of the aforementioned positions based on your skills and expertise.

Kindly find below details for the interview;

Date/time: Tuesday 10th August 2021 by 8:00am

Venue: Suite B150 Odo Eran Bus Stop, opposite NNPC station, Beside Great Talent School, Ogba, Lagos.

2.Your Updated CV.

Best regards,
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dimeji248(m): 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2021
teeboiy01:
IT IS A SCAM SCHEME!!!

Thanks, I've my doubts since the invite drop in my mail box.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aabdulrasheed: 1:14am On Aug 12, 2021
Pls who knows about Hayat Kimya ?
Someone should pls help out and get me a job with them
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by smallbigman: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2021
This is aptly said, many thanks for the info.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Christabeliciou: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hmmmmmmmm, seriously, I got the same email last week to attend the interview for yesterday 12th August.

But something terrible happened to me a day to the interview, I was held by LASMA for flimsy excuse at Anthony's village road before the GTB bank, I pleased with the lady that I didn't know that was an offense she paid deaf ear to me, took me to their office at oshodi I spent more than 2hours until I was let go, the time I left no time to buy the shoe I wanted to use for the interview and the LASMA also requested for money which I gave them before I was let go, I felt very bad that day knowing I was to go the interview yesterday and all these was happening to me, because I went to look for what I will wear to the interview yesterday, when I came back my oga say I should not go for the interview again. That was how I did not attend the interview the next day. Thank you o

teeboiy01:
IT IS A SCAM SCHEME!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bitbillionaire: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2021
I sell MTN data.

DATA PLANS (30 DAYS VALIDITY)

(1) 500 MB DATA --- N300

(2) 1 GB DATA --- N550

(3) 2 GB DATA --- N950

(4) 3 GB DATA --- N1,300

(5) 4 GB DATA --- N1750

(6) 5 GB DATA ---.N2,000

(7). 8 GB DATA ---.3000

(cool. 10GB --- 3,500

MTN USERS ONLY

Email me for more details - payme4job@gmail.com

Whatsapp - zero8028076198
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Fishandchips(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2021
Stop wasting your money on bad odds on bet9ja and co. cool
Melbet is giving new users up to 130,000 as welcome bonus cool Stop playing on stingy sites like bet9ja and co
Join Melbet today and get the fastest payout in the industry! Join through our link below: https://m.melbet.ng/user/registration/?tag=d_727001m_18639c_

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by williams2600(m): 1:15am On Aug 15, 2021
Kindly advice a brother as below was sent with a corporate email but i dey fear make i no leave kano to abuja for scam.... Pls advice

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the role of Investment Executive with
Hartfield Group.

Kindly be informed that you have been scheduled for an interview as
detailed below;

Role: Investment Executive - Hartfield Investments
Limited
Venue: 2ND Floor, Suite 01 & 02 K City Plaza , Plot 528
Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse II, FCT-Abuja.
Date: Tuesday - August 17, 2021
Time: 12.00 Noon Prompt

You are to come with 2 copies of your CV and your passport photograph to
the interview.

Please acknowledge your availability for this interview.

Regards,

Obi Johnson
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by williams2600(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2021
Kindly assist with the above please
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Abiola2019: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2021
The job generally requires the ability to perform the following duties:

Determine machine settings, and move bars or levers to reproduce designs on cylinder.
Supervise the Engraving designs, text, or other markings onto materials.
Measure and compute dimensions of lettering, designs, or patterns to be engraved.
Determine engraving is correct by checking information from quality assurance.
Work with Production/Line Manager to determine job priority and schedule.
Determine engraving is correct by checking information from quality assurance.
Ensure proper maintenance of machine to avoid breakdown.
Ensure proper cleaning and housekeeping on workshop.
Performs other related assignments/duties are required and assigned by Management.

Requirements
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and other related courses
Minimum Working Experience: 5 Years
Good knowledge of Computer software (CorelDraw, Photoshop, MS Office).
Good Communication Skills.
Good Knowledge of Color Separation Process.
Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
Good team player.
Attention to detail.
Good Computer Skills.
Time Management Skills.
Honest and Trustworthy
Must be Confidential

Kindly click on the link to apply:

https://jobs.erecruiterafrica.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=7bFfrqWayytG7x7fCG6DFZkxuO0atrWgSutUIhHCQmQ-&embedsource=CareerSite
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by williams2600(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kindly advice a brother as below was sent with a corporate email but i dey fear make i no leave kano to abuja for scam.... Pls advice

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the role of Investment Executive with
Hartfield Group.

Kindly be informed that you have been scheduled for an interview as
detailed below;

Role: Investment Executive - Hartfield Investments
Limited
Venue: 2ND Floor, Suite 01 & 02 K City Plaza , Plot 528
Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse II, FCT-Abuja.
Date: Tuesday - August 17, 2021
Time: 12.00 Noon Prompt

You are to come with 2 copies of your CV and your passport photograph to
the interview.

Please acknowledge your availability for this interview.

Regards,

Obi Johnson

Is this legit pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by firstgirl: 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
For your beauty products for you and your kids. Order using the link below and thank me later.
https://www.beauficial.com?sca_ref=1001153.k1YZmfES2G
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rhasonel: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
Job Title: Marketing Executive
Crescentpillars Investment limited is a top leading investments solutions firm that offers financial services to our clients. We are currently looking for an experience marketing executive to join our firm;
The suitable candidate will be required to:
• Source for new investors and expansion of portfolios from new and existing clients
• promote and sell company products or services
• identify prospective customers and convert them into paying customers
• Maintain contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships.
• Have the capacity to interpret marketing-related metrics.
• Ensure that the investments are liquidated upon maturity or push clients for further roll-over
• Notification to investors on updated rates and policies.
• Maintenance of investor’s mandates and attending to investors needs promptly.
• Conduct market research to determine target audiences for our product and services.
• Research previous successful campaigns to understand what worked, what didn’t and what can be improved.
• Any other duties as assigned by the management.
Requirements
• Minimum of B.SC in Marketing or any related field in social sciences or management
• Five or more years of experience in finance or investment firm.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals.
• Strong communication and networking skills.
• Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills, especially in explaining market events.
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel and VBA.
• Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes.
• Strong financial modeling skills.
• Strong researching, presentation and bargaining skills.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: hr@crescentpillars.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ayomide93(m): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
You have been scheduled for an aptitude test/interview as follows;
Position: BDE
Date: Saturday 21st of August 2021
Time: 10am
USER ID: BDELAGBD022
Password: JKK123
Venue: JKK Building, 229 Ikorodu Road, between Obanikoro and Anthony bus stop.
Please come with your original credentials and a passport photograph attached together with your CV & photocopies of your credentials.
GLOBACOM HR.

Please can anyone help me confirm if this is real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aabdulrasheed: 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Glo been call me also
They said I have an Aptitude test and interview with them on Saturday at Statement Hotel and Suits Abuja , I should come along with my credentials and CV .
They been call me with there customer care number 121..
Pls who have any info on that respect
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Happyset: 11:58am On Aug 19, 2021
Apply: Massive Recruitments At Oyo State Anti-Corruption Agency - YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-massive-recruitments-at-oyo-state-anti-corruption-agency-law/

Apply: PhD Program In Psychiatric Research At International Max Planck Research School For Translational Psychiatry (IMPRS-TP), Germany - YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-phd-program-in-psychiatric-research-at-international-max-planck-research-school-for-translational-psychiatry-imprs-tp-germany/

(Now Open) Apply: Massive Recruitment At Lagos State Health Service Commission - [/b]YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/now-open-apply-massive-recruitment-at-lagos-state-health-service-commission/

[b]Apply: Massive Recruitments For Volunteers At HIYA Nigeria -
YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-massive-recruitments-for-volunteers-at-hiya-nigeria/

Apply: International Students Scholarships For Athletes 2021 At University Of Pacific, USA - [/b]YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-international-students-scholarships-for-athletes-2021-at-university-of-pacific-usa/

[b]Apply: Massive Recruitments At Trinity University, Lagos
- YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-massive-recruitments-at-trinity-university-lagos/

Apply: TIERs Covid-19 Relief Diversity Fund 2021 For Nigerians - YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-tiers-covid-19-relief-diversity-fund-2021-for-nigerians/

Apply: Massive Recruitments At Covenant University, Ogun State - YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-massive-recruitments-at-covenant-university-ogun-state/

Apply: Call For Application At GoVote Champion, Nigeria - YGist!https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-call-for-application-at-govote-champion-nigeria/

Apply: Alibaba Netpreneur Training Online Course Africa - YGist!
https://www.ygist.com.ng/2021/08/apply-alibaba-netpreneur-training-online-course-africa/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Thewordgirl(f): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
_*CALL FOR WRITERS!!!*_

Earn up to 80,000 Naira monthly working as a content writer remotely.
Do you have what it takes? Complete the questionnaire to apply.
https://forms.gle/2SPX3HV2Tz1AS3uv9

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (270) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63