Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,219 members, 7,884,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:18 AM

Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica (5684 Views)

Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt / Travelling From Nigeria To Niger Republic / Do Nigerian Need Visa To Jamaica: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by naijajamo: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Has anyone travelled from Nigeria to Jamaica before can anyone advise as to what the best way is in terms of cost and transit visas.

Please advise
Re: Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by onatisi(m): 12:44am On Aug 04, 2014
Jamaica na dead zone ooo .
Re: Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by vicadex07(m): 1:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Lie...Jamaica na better place o...especially if you go there legitimately. My mom was once a nurse in Jamaica before she relocated to UK and she always complained of how much she misses Jamaica.
Re: Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by frank94(m): 1:18am On Aug 04, 2014
when will you people listen to advice,why do you want to suffer till you die,why do you want to miss your loved ones for many years and why do you want to live like animal,nigeria is 1million times better than jamaica,jamaica and guyanese are all over the islands searching for good life,until you go their and start crying what you have done to your self.Dont say i did not warn you,use that you 400k you would use for flight ticket and start a good business back home.carribbean islands except trinidad and tobago with bahamas which is very hard,more than usa to enter even if you have the visa,and also south american is a dead zone.be warned never you venture to the land of no return this my advise as a nigerian and as a brother that loves you so muchgrin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by onatisi(m): 5:48am On Aug 04, 2014
vicadex07: Lie...Jamaica na better place o...especially if you go there legitimately. My mom was once a nurse in Jamaica before she relocated to UK and she always complained of how much she misses Jamaica.
most of u giys argue blindly, I said it is a dead zone and you quickly jumped to say no, do U want to compare jamaica with trinidad and tobago!you said it urself that your mom is a nurse,which means she must have goten an employment before she left nigeria. Why didn't she stay in Jamaica after she got the job in uk? Do you know the currency conversion of the jamiacan currency to the naira not to mention dollars?what about their unemployment rate? @op, This is how many ppl were tricked into going there mainly becos their visa is easy,the only thing u will get in jamaica is wom$en ,women women. Even most of their men are either drug addicts,drug barons or dead . The responsible ones are scarce . But just like someone said that 400k is like 2500 $ I think. That money can triple in nigeria if you invest wisely . Once you enter jamiaca you might find it difficult to leave .forget all those cinderella stories of crossing borders from one country to another . Look for threads on jamaica economy and poverty ration and you will be glad you haven't bought that ticket already
Re: Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by optimusprime2(m): 6:20am On Aug 07, 2014
The only thing that can carry me to Jamaica apart from a sudden official necessity is a Holiday, asides that... Craziness does not begin with me.
As a seven year old I did the Island fingy, my mum had a job there in the early 90's... and she took off. Jamaica's crazy mhan, I am grateful none of us got shot by stray bullets as it was the order of the day then, every body seemed to be drug pushers-even the kids.
I remember we used KLM and my passport had a UK transit Visa. stops at the UK and some carribean island, I remember the Palisadoes (Norman Manley) airport at kingston and the strange way they spoke english, I seemed to be the only one who could understand their style of english amongst my family because I tell you it was jagged with too many slangs.
They have similar foods to Nigeria, I mean I could'nt tell the difference except some names I cant forget "Jerk" for example which was fried plantain and then sea moss, ackee and saltfish, they eat the white soup "head and man" which in Nigeria is prepared with goat, then there was Gizzado cake. but generally things like Okro, vegetable and even something that looked like garri was there.
but even with a childs eye, Nigeria seemed better than Jamaica... sha I enjoyed the neverending play.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica by HitlerGaddafi: 11:32pm On May 04, 2021
optimusprime2:
The only thing that can carry me to Jamaica apart from a sudden official necessity is a Holiday, asides that... Craziness does not begin with me.
As a seven year old I did the Island fingy, my mum had a job there in the early 90's... and she took off. Jamaica's crazy mhan, I am grateful none of us got shot by stray bullets as it was the order of the day then, every body seemed to be drug pushers-even the kids.
I remember we used KLM and my passport had a UK transit Visa. stops at the UK and some carribean island, I remember the Palisadoes (Norman Manley) airport at kingston and the strange way they spoke english, I seemed to be the only one who could understand their style of english amongst my family because I tell you it was jagged with too many slangs.
They have similar foods to Nigeria, I mean I could'nt tell the difference except some names I cant forget "Jerk" for example which was fried plantain and then sea moss, ackee and saltfish, they eat the white soup "head and man" which in Nigeria is prepared with goat, then there was Gizzado cake. but generally things like Okro, vegetable and even something that looked like garri was there.
but even with a childs eye, Nigeria seemed better than Jamaica... sha I enjoyed the neverending play.
Niceee. Their English is a major problem. Too many slangs .

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Schools In Canada / Experience Of An Icelander / I Do Not Want To Japa But What Business Can I Start With 4 Million Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.