Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,284 members, 7,950,487 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama (824 Views)

At least 65 dead in Makkah Grand Mosque crane crash (graphic Pics) / Nelson Mandela Dead 2013” : Nobel Peace Prize 1993 Killed By Internet Death Hoax / Malala Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by DeepZone: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
65 US Nobel laureates endorse Obama

By Agency Reporter

Sixty-five United States Nobel Laureates have urged Americans to support Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in his quest to become the next US president.

The North America Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria reported that the laureates made their request in an open letter they sent to the American people on Tuesday.

In a copy made available to NAN in New York, the scientists wrote, "This year's presidential election is among the most significant in our nation's history.

"The country urgently needs a visionary leader who can ensure the future of our traditional strengths in science and technology and who can harness those strengths to address many of our greatest problems - energy, disease, climate change, security, and economic competitiveness."

"We are convinced that Senator Barack Obama is such a leader, and we urge you to join us in supporting him,'' they said.

In reaction, Obama's campaign office said in a statement that the letter "marks the largest number of Nobel Laureates - `the nation's greatest minds'-- ever to endorse a political candidate.''

Americans will, on November 4, go to polls to elect a new leader to replace President George Bush.

Currently, Obama leads his Republican opponent, John McCain in most of the national surveys of preferred candidate conducted by some American media outfits and other polling organisations.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/oct/16/406.html
Re: 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by RichyBlacK(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2008
Of course!

No thinking mortal would endorse McCain!
Re: 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by DeepZone: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2008
what else can you get from a group of gays. undecided undecided
Re: 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by TayoD1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2008
@topic,

After Luis Farrakhan declared Obama the Messiah, it shouldn't be surprising that faithful subjects are now falling over themselves to pay him homage!
Re: 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by away4real(m): 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2008
Tayo-D:

@topic,

After Luis Farrakhan declared Obama the Messiah, it shouldn't be surprising that faithful subjects are now falling over themselves to pay him homage!

Hmm how do we start.

OK what is the relationship between Louis Farrakhan and 65 Nobel price winners. Faithful subjects in what sense? I am weary about the source but anyway see the statements in bold below. These guys are Nobel price winners probably more intellectuals they are more likely to lean towards Obama than McCain. The probability of the ignorant arguement of pro choice vs pro life, religion etc catching up on their logic is low. They are passionate on issues like climate change, more likely to oppose someone that believes it is cyclical in nature more than man made.

Can we keep at the issues, tayo when you argued on issues i enjoyed debating with you, now its becoming something else.

How can you attempt to draw a comparison between Nobel price winners and Louise Farakhan, trying to paint some extreme scientific/religious cult image.

DeepZone:

Thursday, October 16, 2008
65 US Nobel laureates endorse Obama

By Agency Reporter

In a copy made available to NAN in New York, the scientists wrote, "This year's presidential election is among the most significant in our nation's history.

"The country urgently needs a visionary leader who can ensure the future of our traditional strengths in science and technology and who can harness those strengths to address many of our greatest problems - energy, disease, climate change, security, and economic competitiveness."

"We are convinced that Senator Barack Obama is such a leader, and we urge you to join us in supporting him,'' they said.

In reaction, Obama's campaign office said in a statement that the letter "marks the largest number of Nobel Laureates - `the nation's greatest minds'-- ever to endorse a political candidate.''

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/oct/16/406.html
Re: 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by TayoD1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2008
@away4real,

Can we keep at the issues, tayo when you argued on issues i enjoyed debating with you, now its becoming something else.
Take it easy my guy. At this point, I have chosen to see and take part in the humorous aspect of this election. My statement was meant to be light-hearted and not an argument for or against the topic. Get it?
Re: 65 Us Nobel Laureates Endorse Obama by away4real(m): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2008
Tayo-D:

@away4real,
Take it easy my guy. At this point, I have chosen to see and take part in the humorous aspect of this election. My statement was meant to be light-hearted and not an argument for or against the topic. Get it?

Ok just took a dose of chill pill. Just thought it good we set the records straight.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Victory Speech / Move Over Obama! Yar Adua Is The Messiah! / Should This Even Be An Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.