Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,553 members, 7,944,652 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? (2839 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 11:11am On Oct 18, 2008
huxley:

I know you are a good student of atheism, correct. Can you tell exveryone what the core atheistic tenets are, besides the various definitional differences amonsgt those who self-declare as atheists?

Have I not said already that it is not in my place to define atheism for those who are atheists before they have had the opportunity to tell us so themselves? Sorry, huxley. . . it pays to learn to reason along with people, not against them.

When we had discussions of the definition of atheism, one remarkable thing you will have noticed was that I was consistently referencing a[/b]theistic sources, letting atheists themselves tell us what they think atheism actually was. Where I disagreed with some atheists' views, I used other atheists' arguments to show how wrong and assuming the former were - and for all that, I did not compromise my position as a Christian theist; nor did I try to bend atheism upon the anvil of Christianity. I deliberately remained on the tuff of atheist authors who knew for themselves what they [b]wanted atheism to be - not what it actually was. At the end, I summarized my inference with just one point: the observation tha atheism generaly involved both the question of "denial" and "existence" as far as the supernatural is concerned. That is not far different from your admission above - and for all that, not one time did I "attack", "disrespect", or even "ridicule" any atheist's definition discussed. I simply let them choose for themselves what and how they wanted us to view atheism.

On the other hand, I find the approach and attitude of atheists on this forum to be somewhat funny - they often ask for attitudes from others that they themselves cannot offer to anyone else! How rational is that? If atheists on the forum do not envisage others attacking their worldview, why are they making a career out of constantly attacking the Christian worldview?

huxley:

All religious movements have a set of core tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts. What are the core atheist tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts? Having read some atheist philosophers as Nagel et al, can you show us how these philosophers defend these tenets and how these are instrumental in governing their lives?

An atheist lives his life on the foundation of one thing: the denial of the existence of God and the supernatural. What this means to them is what has led to the various schools of thought within atheism. That is why people like Nagel, G. Smith, Michael Martin, and a whole lot of others have been seeking to educate their community about atheism - and that is why you will not find just one type of atheism, but many shades and coteries within that worldview.

huxley:

Did you really mean abiogenesis? I think you made a typo there. KAG referred to baryogenesis not abiogenesis. Anyway, back to my point.

No, I did not make a typo - I was wrong. You're correct, KAG was about baryogenesis rather than abiogenesis - my mistake.

huxley:

First, I do not generally assume others are ignorant of points. However, I take a strong stance against willful ignorance, described as the deliberate and willful avoidance of the opportunity to learn of be informed.

It seems you would have to first deal with this issue in your own person. No crudeness intended here, huxley; but if I have to be honest with you, you woul just have to change your attitude when discussing with others and then take a strong stance indeed on most of the things you have displayed willful ignorance about, described as the deliberate and willful avoidance of the opportunity to learn of be informed. This is hard for me to put across because I don't want anyone to think that my statements here are seeking to put you down in anyway; but the point is that when people have tried to sound a caution to you about certain matters, you seem (yes, "seem"wink to just ignore those calls and go on doing your thing as if those who call your attention are plain ignorant. Rather than fill the page with a plethora of examples, a reminder about the case of the BB theory as posited for the "origin of the universe".

To be honest with you, it could not be your fault to use those choice of words - because we know that so many other "scientific" sources are making that same mistake. To seek a balance was why I had to post sources that were unbiased by the cosmetics and show that what you should (or might) have been looking at was the "evolution of the universe", and not its origin. Issues like that is what I understand as the reason why many people simply just don't want to be occupied in a shouting match - and for the same reason I have often said that we should not make ourselves the victims of needless arguments.

huxley:

This is usually accompanied by dishonestly misrepresenting the opinion of well-accepted experts in the field. This is not to say that conterveiling opinions are not welcome. Such counterveiling evidence must be backed by well-attested support to be taken seriously.

Good - and that was the reason I offered that opinion of "well-accepted experts in the field" without recourse to the dishonest misrepresentations of those using the Big Bang theory as a front for the "origin of the universe".

huxley:

Let me give you the gist of the scientific position on the Big Bang. Now, is there evidence that the cosmos is expanding? Absolutely. It has been measured. In fact, the rate of expansion is know.

Are there other internal evidence with the space of the universe of a rapid expansion? Absolutely. The Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB).

Before I proceed, how do you account for these measure facts?

Given that the cosmos is expanding, it follows that at some point in the distant past it must have been much smaller than it is today. In fact, so small that it is theorised, it was smaller that this period . . This has been calculated to be about 14 billion years ago.

Now, when the universe was just as small as a period, you can raise ALL sorts of questions, many of which are not yet resolvable. Question like;

1) Was there time before the period started to expand?
2) Was the period part of some complex multiverse?
etc, etc.

And for our purpose in this discussion,

10) Can we consider the little period as the universe, or is the universe the 3+n dimensional space created post-expansion?

Dude huxley, you amaze me. . on the one hand, you hold the idea that you don't usually hold others as ignorant - but what are you doing here? You just seem to imagine that I had no clue whatsoever about the CMD before you starting trying to use that as a battering ram in arguments? Lol, dear huxley, even when you migrate from the BB theory to CMD, do you now see what I had been trying to point out all along? The questions arising from these theoretical postulations do not yet account for the origin of the universe. If they did, what was the need of seeking answers to issues dating before that time-measure? This is what fascinates me - that we all assume we have the answers already, and yet we're asking questions that go back beyond the point where we started!

May I say this, huxley: we're all students of these theories, and not one of us can use these findings to bandy the other. Do these theories negate the reality of our spiritual experiences? No - honest people engaged in science will tell you plainly that they do not. The problem for many people is to use these issues to scream a "no-God" atheistic agenda, whereas atheism is not science. On the whole, our assumptions on both sides rest on interpretations of our world; and it would be unhealthy to use these matters to posit that theists are backward thinkers in the corridors of science.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2008
huxley:

Most cosmologists consider the universe to be the 3+n dimensional space around us. To this end, it is right to describe the Big Bang as the origin of the universe as this fits squarely with our current body of knowledge.

Should I remind you that no honest scientist will be so assuming as to be that dishonest? Remember what we saw earlier from the source I referred you to in the other thread? It is still there and stands as testimony to the fact that the BB theory does not present any evidence whatsoever for the origin of the universe - what is appropriate to say is that it posits a theory for explaining the evolution of the universe, not its origin.

huxley:

If it turns out that there are in fact multiverse, with ours just one of millions, or that our universe is an oscillatory universe of expansion and contraction, then that definition will have to be revise.

i'm familiar with this line of reasoning. . . interesting at the basic level on discussions about 10-dimensions. No, I'm not kidding - so many people know only about the 4th-dimension; but there is infact an interesting theory about 10-dimensional measurements. wink

huxley:

The mistake you are making is that you are treating science as dogma. This is not surprising, given you belong to the dogmatic fraternity.

If anyone has been an unrepentant dogmatist on scientific issues they least understood, I think you have the medal for that. Nowhere have I ever treated science as a dogma - and that is why I have consistently noted that neither atheism nor theism is science; as well, I have not tried to use any scientific theory to bash any worldview. But even so, you're just sounding queer here: because this appeal to "revise" theories is a wash - is it not the same group of people that have been "worshipping" science who have often used it to shout against others with a current of "it's a fact"? You fellows are so funny - every single time you try to hold a theory as a fact, and have been consistently called to review your assumptions, you have always held rigidly to that idea that you're right! Who indeed has been the dogmatist here all along?

huxley:

Science and scientist see no problem in revising their theories in the light of new supporting data.

Atheism is not science - and there are many theists who are scientists.

huxley:

I did ask you many times to explain CMB and the measure expansion rate of the universe, but you have proferred no response.

I deliberately ignored that because you were assuming a extremum of littel interest to me - and if you wish, scroll up and see my comments on the same CMB yet again. The more you try to use these issues and parade them in our faces like we don't know anything about them, the more we humour you to keep shouting where you hardly listen.

huxley:

Can you show any well-attested study that show that crop-circles are not hoaxes? I can show you many studies that have concluded that they are indeed hoaxes;

1) Two of the leading makers (Doug Bower, Dave Chorley) of crop-circles in England have publicly confessed in 1991 to having been making these circles for about 10 years.
2) Schnabel, J 1993. Round in Circles. London Hamish Hamiltion.
3) Nickell, J 1995, Crop Circle Mania wanes: An investigation Update, Skeptical Enquirer 19(3) 41-43.
4) Nickell, J 1996. Crop Circles. In the Encycleopedia of the Paranormal.

Just out of interest, what is the frequency of crop circles today and are there equally represent in all parts of the world?

I am really soryy for those names you posted there - these fellows should learn to be thinkers. I'll leave you with a few thoughts for now and then come back and raise specific questions about this phenomena for your consideration - then we shall see how your skeptics scuttled round those same questions. Here are a few considerations:

Crop Circle Research site

Crop Circles: Quest for Truth - a documentary.

Cheers. wink
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2008
I think this should be settled once and for all.
We should stop dodging issues using the hypocrisy wild card. It derails issues, if the thread is about how atheism affects nigeria then fine but it is not. Religious irrationalism is what is being discussed here, and we need to address the issue at hand regardless of whether atheism is irrational too. That simple.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2008
Hi Chrisbenogor,

Chrisbenogor:

I think this should be settled once and for all.
We should stop dodging issues using the hypocrisy wild card. It derails issues, if the thread is about how atheism affects nigeria then fine but it is not. Religious irrationalism is what is being discussed here, and we need to address the issue at hand regardless of whether atheism is irrational too. That simple.

I think the hypocrisy goes both ways, and it's even more hypocritical for atheists to assume that it is only about religious irrationality that Nigeria's problems could be viewed. If one wants to talk about the topic of this thread and keep to it, where were you guys when it was being derailed by athiests?
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2008
Dear pilgrim,
Hypocrisy is not the point of this thread, it does not make the issues go away. Discussing atheists that have been irrational does not change the fact that the poster is asking how religious irrationalism has derailed this country or the world at large.
But when if the post is about comparing both of them then we can go ahead.
Where were we when it all started, I was sleeping then had to see me dentist:-) but we are here now and lets stop deflecting questions with the hypocrisy wild card it is putting a lid on us intellectually.
Cheers.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by PastorAIO: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Dear pilgrim,
Hypocrisy is not the point of this thread, it does not make the issues go away. Discussing atheists that have been irrational does not change the fact that the poster is asking how religious irrationalism has derailed this country or the world at large.
But when if the post is about comparing both of them then we can go ahead.
Where were we when it all started, I was sleeping then had to see me dentist:-) but we are here now and lets stop deflecting questions with the hypocrisy wild card it is putting a lid on us intellectually.
Cheers.

I am in total agreement with you sir. All those long long posts between pilgrim and huxley are really becoming tiresome. I reckon you two should exchange emails and continue your debates in private.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by PastorAIO: 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2008
gamechange (m)
USA

Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria?
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:40 PM »
Nigeria is deeply divided when it comes to religion, both main religions preach peace and love, yet we are a nation where every religion wants to outdo or outsmart the other. We keep killing each other (religios riots). We have Imams and Pastors living off the largesse of their congregants (no beef, congregants are not complaining), while some members live in absolute penury. Homes and families are destroyed as a result of supposed revelations in houses of worship. We dislike and generalize based on someones religion. When politicians and other stewards are caught red handed, they quickly take solace in their religion/ God. You hear comments like "God will vindicate me"

What is it with religion or 2 religions, is it a blessing or a curse for Nigeria? Would like your thoughts.

I reckon to look at religion as the source of nigeria's problems is too superficial. The problem is a corruption that is intrinsic and endemic and will manifest regardless of religion, ideology, creed, doctrine, . . . whatever. Religious indoctrination is powerless to stop it. In fact religion and anything else it comes into contact with will just be transformed into a tool for it to continue it's activities.

I believe the problem is much deeper and it precedes the introduction of christianity into africa by the white man. We need to discuss why there is no architecture of note in Africa when there is architecture in every continent (apart from australia). Apart from Lalibela in Ethiopia where buildings were carved out of mountain there are no structures of note that our ancestors built. Why did we export so much of our labour, talent, and brains out of africa to a foreign land? Why is there a notable self loathing to be found in most african peoples? We need to start discussing and researching these issues.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Chrisbenogor and Pastor AIO,

Thanks for your counsel - I had wanted to do the same and even mentioned that it is not in every case that I engage myself in all kinds of unnecessary arguments. before now, I've often stated so many times that we should not make ourselves the victims of needless arguments; but it saddens me to note that these issues are often presented in a roundabout way to blame society maladies every single time on Christianity - nevermind the hypocrisy of blandly saying it is "religion" (perhaps they should go over to the muslim section and start the same trouble there, then we shall receive news flash and updates on the results). Why can't we all just learn to discuss issues as simply and as non-partisan as is possible?

Anyway, thanks guys. Enjoy. wink
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2008
And, oh. . Chrisbenogor, I owe you an apology on this:

Chrisbenogor:

Where were we when it all started, I was sleeping then had to see me dentist:-)

. . . didn't mean it on you personally. It's just that people should by now grow up and refrain from this hypocrisy of often seeking to blame their unintellectual accidents on other people's worlviews. Cheers.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2008
@pilgrim
No wahala, personally like I said earlier I think tribalism is culprit, pastor made another good point which is corruption, but these should be played out in the politics section hence my trying to be mute on the thread.
But to follow the poster's line of thought religion may have caused chaos in many parts of the world but I think it would be stretching the truth to add Nigeria, its not the cause per say but it does hinder the solutions.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Chrisbenogor,

If we have more people reason the way you do, issues would be a lot easier to deal with. You have just captured the essence of the problem in very few words:

Chrisbenogor:

But to follow the poster's line of thought religion may have caused chaos in many parts of the world but I think it would be stretching the truth to add Nigeria, its not the cause per say but it does hinder the solutions.

Much appreciated. wink
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by huxley(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2008
pilgrim.1:

@huxley,

I'm sorry again, but please don't even try to wave this simplistic idea promoted by people like Michael Martin in our face. Buddhism is NOT atheism by any stretch; and if you want to take me up on that, I shall be too glad to help throw Martin's miscalculations about this to the bin once and for all. I'm not being crude, huxley. . . but I'm weary already of celebrated writers misleading the public - which was what Martin did; and yet I have looked in vain to see how many atheists have tried to correct Martin.

Who is the god(s) venerated by the Buddhists (at least, the traditional form)? Can you show me any reputed philosophers (or philosophies) of religions that classify buddhism as theistic?
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by huxley(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2008
The question I asked was;

All religious movements have a set of core tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts. What are the core atheist tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts? Having read some atheist philosophers as Nagel et al, can you show us how these philosophers defend these tenets and how these are instrumental in governing their lives?

And there is your response:

pilgrim.1:

An atheist lives his life on the foundation of one thing: the denial of the existence of God and the supernatural. What this means to them is what has led to the various schools of thought within atheism. That is why people like Nagel, G. Smith, Michael Martin, and a whole lot of others have been seeking to educate their community about atheism - and that is why you will not find just one type of atheism, but many shades and coteries within that worldview.

Besides saying that atheist lead their lives without regard to god(s), you did not say anything about core atheistic tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts. In your reading of the atheist writers, have you come across any who address core atheistic tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts? I would like to know who they are.

Do any of these authors discuss whether one should get married or not, whether one should be vegetarian or not, whether one should give to charity or not, whether one should support one political party as opposed to another, how one should spend one's leisure time, etc, etc. These are the sorts of things I expect to see addressed within tenets/doctrines/beliefs/precepts.

Like I said in the other thread, there are advocates of the naturalistic worldview who address such things.

pilgrim.1:

No, I did not make a typo - I was wrong. You're correct, KAG was about baryogenesis rather than abiogenesis - my mistake.

I think you made another typo. But I acknowledge your mistake.

pilgrim.1:

To be honest with you, it could not be your fault to use those choice of words - because we know that so many other "scientific" sources are making that same mistake. To seek a balance was why I had to post sources that were unbiased by the cosmetics and show that what you should (or might) have been looking at was the "evolution of the universe", and not its origin. Issues like that is what I understand as the reason why many people simply just don't want to be occupied in a shouting match - and for the same reason I have often said that we should not make ourselves the victims of needless arguments.

I think we are splitting hairs here. Whether it is the origin or the evolution, the point I am making is that at some point in the distant past, an explosive event happened, the evidence of which is still seen today. If you want to take issue, this is the point you should be dealing with.

pilgrim.1:

Good - and that was the reason I offered that opinion of "well-accepted experts in the field" without recourse to the dishonest misrepresentations of those using the Big Bang theory as a front for the "origin of the universe".
;
Who are the well-accepted experts whose opinions you offered? I did not see that. I saw a post about the BB you made, but I would have liked to see their opnions presented independently by yourself.

I mentioned the following experts in this thread

1) George Smoot, Nobel Laureate on work for CMB,
2) Alan Guth, Originator of the inflationary theory
3) Michio Kaku
4) Neil deGrasse Tyson
5) Alexei Filippenko
6) Steven Weinburg
7) Victor Stenger
8.) Stephen Hawkins
9) Roger Penrose
10) Paul Davis

In fact, I have read books by George Smoot, Victor Stenger, Paul Davis and many others. I have got about 3 textbooks of cosmology sitting at by desk right now and many folders of lecture notes from the University of Manchester, Physics Department on this subject. I am pursuing a Diploma in Cosmology, with particular reference to CMB and BB at the University, but I have had to suspend my work this year because of childbirth in the family. So my interest in this runs deep.

pilgrim.1:

Dude huxley, you amaze me. . on the one hand, you hold the idea that you don't usually hold others as ignorant - but what are you doing here? You just seem to imagine that I had no clue whatsoever about the CMD before you starting trying to use that as a battering ram in arguments? Lol, dear huxley, even when you migrate from the BB theory to CMD, do you now see what I had been trying to point out all along? The questions arising from these theoretical postulations do not yet account for the origin of the universe. If they did, what was the need of seeking answers to issues dating before that time-measure? This is what fascinates me - that we all assume we have the answers already, and yet we're asking questions that go back beyond the point where we started!

May I say this, huxley: we're all students of these theories, and not one of us can use these findings to bandy the other. Do these theories negate the reality of our spiritual experiences? No - honest people engaged in science will tell you plainly that they do not. The problem for many people is to use these issues to scream a "no-God" atheistic agenda, whereas atheism is not science. On the whole, our assumptions on both sides rest on interpretations of our world; and it would be unhealthy to use these matters to posit that theists are backward thinkers in the corridors of science.

Where did I assume you are ignorant of CMB? I was developing a line of argument, by stating facts and asking rhetorical questions. Does that mean I was assuming you to be ignorant of the facts. Take a look again. Does it say anywhere that you are ignorant?

My questions still remain:

How would you explain measure cosmic expansion rates and CMB?
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by pilgrim1(f): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2008
huxley:

Who is the god(s) venerated by the Buddhists (at least, the traditional form)? Can you show me any reputed philosophers (or philosophies) of religions that classify buddhism as theistic?

Migrated here. There's really no use derailing threads. Cheers. wink
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by gamechange(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2008
Thanks folks, even with the diversions, i have thoroughly enjoyed your comments.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 20, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I reckon to look at religion as the source of nigeria's problems is too superficial. The problem is a corruption that is intrinsic and endemic and will manifest regardless of religion, ideology, creed, doctrine, . . . whatever. Religious indoctrination is powerless to stop it. In fact religion and anything else it comes into contact with will just be transformed into a tool for it to continue it's activities.

I believe the problem is much deeper and it precedes the introduction of christianity into africa by the white man. We need to discuss why there is no architecture of note in Africa when there is architecture in every continent (apart from australia). Apart from Lalibela in Ethiopia where buildings were carved out of mountain there are no structures of note that our ancestors built. Why did we export so much of our labour, talent, and brains out of africa to a foreign land? Why is there a notable self loathing to be found in most african peoples? We need to start discussing and researching these issues.

Africa is very diverse. Maybe if we had a history where a guy comes up conquering every tinny winny tribe, creating a united front/ empire, we would have something memorable to show for it. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by PastorAIO: 1:45am On Oct 20, 2008
stillwater:

Africa is very diverse. Maybe if we had a history where a guy comes up conquering every tinny winny tribe, creating a united front/ empire, we would have something memorable to show for it.  lipsrsealed

This is not a matter of conquering tribes.  It is a matter of having a vision and bringing it to fruition.  I don't doubt that there were men of vision then but what I think is that such men/women couldn't get a word in edgeways.  One of the things that separates Great leaders from rubbish leaders is that the great ones know how to choose talented lieutenants and nurture and reward their talents.  England was a small island in the time of Queen Elizabeth I, and was under heavy political pressure from the super powers in europe at the time, namely France and The Holy Roman Empire.  Isolated by religion she still managed to make her reign the most glorious ever in English history, the Golden Age.  The time of Shakespeare.  You don't have to be big or have an empire to do great things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by OBVIOUS(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2008
Religion is among the factors that continue to divide the citizens of Nigeria, although not the only factor, it is an effective tool of oppression. However, in my examination of things in Nigeria, Religion is a curse for Nigeria and a huge source of pessimissm and complacency.
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by tpia: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2008
Re: Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? by Saka419(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
Well, when oyinbo man arrive, dem carry religion come, Africa get money, gold, strong and smart men and civilization,

Now dem carry us use build dem land, now na oyinbo land get Money, and civilization, smart people too, and Na Africa come get Religion now!! hmnn

P.s, does anyone know the name of the first Slave ship that left from the coast of Africa to America in 1555 is "JESUS von lubeck"

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Significance Of Benediction In The Catholic Curch? / GOD DOSE EXIST!! / Precious Stone With Image Of "Jesus Christ" Found In Ibadan, Oyo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.