Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,842 members, 7,889,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria (18451 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Oliseh Officially Unveiled As Coach Of Super Eagles (Photos) / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by olojuede01: 5:43am On Aug 05, 2014
Not cool
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Descartes: 6:02am On Aug 05, 2014
The Big Boss, smiley
Meaning while Mygarri must go!! cool

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Bintu4: 6:09am On Aug 05, 2014
I think its high time we allow him 2 do his job. Wish u well my man.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vokalguy(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2014
Omero: Good 4 him, but is it good 4 naija? tell will ......

PERSONALLY, I do not think its a good move. Looking at it from two different perspective; continuity is good for our country, I do not remember the last time we had one person manage the super eagles for more than 3 years. On the other hand, I think Keshi lacks tactical discipline... yea we can get away with it against African teams but outside the continent, I feel we barely threaten these so called 'big teams'. This should be a source of concern to the NFF. Keshi should either be assisted by a technical adviser OR he goes for training or something. I do not think 'big boss' should be too big to learn from European managers.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by kabba7(m): 6:23am On Aug 05, 2014
He dont have a choice on this as South Africa has since dump his application for employment .
its good for our football though.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 6:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Sani Kaita will also make a comeback and help us defend our AFCON cup in January 2015

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Bigsteveg(m): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2014
safarigirl: I wholly endorse this move. We have an AFCON qualifier set for next month and no ready coach (no one can re-structure a team in a month). Keshi is the best for now.

In a couple of years, Garba should be ripe for the job and Keshi retired. That's the continuity we seek

#TeamNoOyiboCoaches

Mr Garba ? Y Garba...we still have Sunday Oliseh now

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by hardbody: 6:48am On Aug 05, 2014
I don't know what to make of this. I like Keshi as a person, but he is not tactically disciplined, cant read a match and can hardly effect changes that change the coloration of any game. He had better decide what to do with ik uche and also consider bringing in kelechi iheanacho. He should nit drop mba again for whatever reason. Meanwhile that boy called mikel obi should henceforth only play from the bench.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by selles: 6:49am On Aug 05, 2014
Keshi is the answer for the Eagle's rescue and defend the AFCON championship 2015

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by sharubutu(m): 6:57am On Aug 05, 2014
Arrogant man. I thought he said he had thousands of offers from different countries. Why did he wait so long 4 NFF to make a decision? He'll fall like a pack of cards this time b'cos of pride.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by amadice(m): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2014
expert1000: Keshi pls mak Iheanacho super eagle's no. 10 and mak sure Mikel Kips warmin the bench til he gets tired of warmin d bench and decides 2go bck home 2 assist his moda in d kitchen.
.....is kelechi ihenacho a central midfielder? Or ar u drunk?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by judedwriter(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2014
He should have quited when the ovation was loudest undecided if he fails now he will thrown out like a rotten egg and nobody will recall his past feats. Anyways, wish him best of luck.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2014
blueto:

wait o. Keshi and Garba, who is older?

Who should retire first?

until keshi or NFF holds a press confrence concerning this "Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria" issue, I may not be believe!
coaching na by age? Haven't you seen 57-year olds that retire from coaching? Isn't Capello up to 70 if not older and he just coached Russia?

Wetin 2 years wan do for am?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 7:27am On Aug 05, 2014
judedwriter: He should have quited when the ovation was loudest undecided if he fails now he will thrown out like a rotten egg and nobody will recall his past feats. Anyways, wish him best of luck.
it's QUIT, no such word as quitted.

Fabio Capello had a terrible WC with Russia, I heard he gets another contract for that. Na you wan replace Keshi if e quit?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 7:29am On Aug 05, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Mr Garba ? Y Garba...we still have Sunday Oliseh now
why do you people assume Oliseh would make a good coach?

Anyone with the right knowledge of football knows that not every footballer or football analyst can coach. Oliseh is not looking for work and has stated that he's not interested in coaching, una no wan hear

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by hollandis(f): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

PERSONALLY, I do not think its a good move. Looking at it from two different perspective; continuity is good for our country, I do not remember the last time we had one person manage the super eagles for more than 3 years. On the other hand, I think Keshi lacks tactical discipline... yea we can get away with it against African teams but outside the continent, I feel we barely threaten these so called 'big teams'. This should be a source of concern to the NFF. Keshi should either be assisted by a technical adviser OR he goes for training or something. I do not think 'big boss' should be too big to learn from European managers.
What training?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by orobs93(m): 7:37am On Aug 05, 2014
If e must continue,the contract should include further studies,it should be a must,He needs to learn more about How to coach,defensively,attacking.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by orobs93(m): 7:38am On Aug 05, 2014
If e must continue,the contract should include further studies,it should be a must,He needs to learn more about How to coach,defensively,attackingn,
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vokalguy(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2014
hollandis:
What training?

UEFA Pro License, I believe Sunday Oliseh has done his.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by coolvitus(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Well come back boss
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2014
Nff wud ve insisted on 5m let me see hw he ll reject dt. No b manage we dey manage keshi self undecided Nigeria is d biggest country he might coach in his career.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Gynacologist(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
mikeansy: Good for stability

But Keshi must now respect his job, talk less to the media and let the results on the pitch do the talking.

It's time for Keshi to build a known squad and a known system rather than gambling with new players at every major tournament.

Any players who he thinks will go to afcon 2015 he needs to start using them now to play qualifiers and frendlies
tat ganja man sabi anytin?
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by hollandis(f): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2014
vokalguy:

UEFA Pro License, I believe Sunday Oliseh has done his.
In what language will the training be offered in.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by megacity: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2014
Eagles were poor at the world cup, obviously tactically and technically deficient. They played four games and won only one mainly due to refereeing blunders.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2014
The boss welcome.
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by CarmelloANGEL(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2014
We all knw he wantd d SA job, bt since he cldnt secure it, he had 2 retain d Naija job.
Wen d preferable is not available, the available bcoms d preferable
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by vokalguy(m): 8:33am On Aug 05, 2014
hollandis:
In what language will the training be offered in.

English
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2014
Early prep is key to success, welcome back boss
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 8:46am On Aug 05, 2014
safarigirl: I wholly endorse this move. We have an AFCON qualifier set for next month and no ready coach (no one can re-structure a team in a month). Keshi is the best for now.

In a couple of years, Garba should be ripe for the job and Keshi retired. That's the continuity we seek

#TeamNoOyiboCoaches
I love you for this post grin

1 Like

Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by sopoundz(m): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2014
keshi should beta up his game n learn from his mistakes in d world cup(esp nt benching mikel wen he underperformed) also d nff needs to step up deir game by providing grade A friendlies
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by bliss2al(m): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2014
Hmmm..Dis man get levels..so all Dis while him just dey form levels for de whole naija..
good decision though
me masef go reach there one day grin
Re: Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria by ademoladeji(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Prowizy2: Who is Keshi?
Keshi is defined as that catalyst that speed up the rate of physical change from Ebele state to Ebola state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thomas Tuchel Wins Premier League Manager Of The Month For March / Amid Bomb Threat And Form, Maguire To Start From Bench Against Arsenal - Source / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.