Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,734 members, 7,912,034 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:45 PM

How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans (6652 Views)

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Angels Appear As Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Faith is belief. Hope you believe your drugs would work?

If you don't believe the drugs would work,will that stop the drugs from working?
You are talking as If faith is essential in medicine.
When a doctor prescribes drug,is he doing so according to faith?

Do They not warn you behind the container of drugs that If you don't see improvement after three days see your doctor? Did They write there that you must have faith in the drug before it works? Or Did They give you 100% assurance that the drug will surely work? But in the Bible we are given 100% assurance that whatever we ask for in prayers would ALWAYS be answered.

Can you see the difference now? undecided

8 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by TheBigUrban2: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ Majaze and Plaetton,

Make una no kill me with laughter!! grin grin grin

But it is funny sha...all the men of God are now hiding in their palaces. They don dey wear gas mask to preach grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

God works for me too.

We can test it and see how it works like say panadol extra, if you have a mild or severe headache as a result of a stressful day we can give you panadol extra and test its efficacy. . .The bible already has told its readers and believers how prayers are supposed to work. . . we can test that by using children in Liberia as a case study and see how it will work out. . .Saying god that works for you remains an unsubstantiated claim that needs not be believed until tested and shown to be true. . .

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

You'd explain it away if it was answered.

And that is enough reason for a whole God Almighty to break His promises?

Are you kidding me? undecided undecided angry angry
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

We can test it and see how it works like say panadol extra, if you have a mild or severe headache as a result of a stressful day we can give you panadol extra and test its efficacy. . .The bible already has told its readers and believers how prayers are supposed to work. . . we can test that by using children in Liberia as a case study and see how it will work out. . .Saying god that works for you remains an unsubstantiated claim that needs not be believed until tested and shown to be true. . .

Just believe God,you don't have the right to test God. Thou shall not test the Lord thy God!!
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Faith is belief. Hope you believe your drugs would work?

Faith is not belief my friend.

We take drugs because drugs are formulated, tested for safety and side effects, and then approved by a regulating body for sale and public consumption. The dosages are measured, and the efficacy is predictable.

How many hours of prayer, for example, does it take to cure a headache?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dapo777:

Just believe God,you don't have the right to test God. Thou shall not test the Lord thy God!!

Why should you be asked to believe and put your trust, and I suppose, hard earned money on an insurance company that repeatedly fails to redeem it's policies to it's policy holders?
Isn't that called obtaining by false pretense?

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by GooseBaba: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
plaetton:

We take drugs because drugs are formulated, tested for safety and side effects, and then approved by a regulating body for sale and public consumption. The dosages are measured, and the efficacy is predictable.

ROFLMAO...!'!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by macof(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
GooseBaba:

lmao..!

What is faith?
What is medicine?

Can you measure faith.? Or can you measure medicine?

Abeg answer directly no begin speak in parables..
What Christians don't know is that they don't have faith.rather Hope.
Hope is their motivator, no single Christian on earth have I seen wit faith, although they profess it yet it is not there.

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
macof:
Hope is their motivator, no single Christian on earth have I seen wit faith, although they profess it yet it is not there.

Absolutely correct.
In fact Christians should replace the word "Faith" with the word " Hope". That would make more sense.

I have repeated many times that religious faith = doubts
When you are prying to god 5 times a day, you are actually showing your doubts about whether he exists in the first place to have heard your first prayer.

3 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
plaetton:

Why should you be asked to believe and put your trust, and I suppose, hard earned money on an insurance company that repeatedly fails to redeem it's policies to it's policy holders?
Isn't that called obtaining by false pretense?

Because of the threat of eternal roasting.

You don't want to be roasted for life,do you?
God loves you,That's more reason why those who don't obey Him would be roasted for life.
God's love is ever sufficient.
Don't you love Him as much as He loves you?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by GooseBaba: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
macof:

grin grin grin

Remember the Nigerian guy back in the 90s. He was trying to prove his faith and walked into the Lion's den in a zoo... The lion enjoy free meat.... grin
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123: Ebola remains an expressway to hell for the OP, and an expressway to God for the christian.

I wish there was another like botten for this.

1,000,000,000,000 likes

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
You guys dont know what u are talking about.

I pray that God should reveal himself to you all in Jesus Name Amen
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 06, 2014
mazaje:

Do you have the power of this god?. . .head straight to Liberia and show them the power of this god of yours. . .
God doesn't move like that that is why Jesus did not do anything when they told him to come down from the cross if he was the son of God.Even The Father did not do anything
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 6:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Dux01: God doesn't move like that that is why Jesus did not do anything when they told him to come down from the cross if he was the son of God.Even The Father did not do anything

How does god work?. . .Pastors that claim to be miracle workers always put god to test by making him perform wonders to their congregation. so what are you talking about?. . .

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 6:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Geniuz: You guys dont know what u are talking about.

We know very well what we are talking about. . .
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 06, 2014
mazaje:

We know very well what we are talking about. . .
No you dont know what you are saying. I was suprised to see what you people posted here, only completely ingnorant people will do what you people are doing. You dont know God, possibly u have never seen a christian and you dont just know what you are saying, that is why a forgave you in the first place for insulting the almighty, my prayer is that God in his mercy should reveal himself to you in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by TheBigUrban2: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2014
Geniuz:
No you dont know what you are saying. I was suprised to see what you people posted here, only completely ingnorant people will do what you people are doing. You dont know God, possibly u have never seen a christian and you dont just know what you are saying, that is why a forgave you in the first place for insulting the almighty, my prayer is that God in his mercy should reveal himself to you in Jesus Name Amen.

lol.

First ask yourself what God does when he sees a liberian child dying of Ebola

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2014
Geniuz:

There are christians all around me, do you believe in the words of Jesus?. . .Canyou put them to test and lets see how true they are?. . .Pray to your god to heal all the little kids suffering from Ebola in Liberia and lets see how effective it will turn out. . .

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 7:56am On Aug 06, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol.

If he has the ability to heal people he will heal all the kids in Liberia that are dying from Ebola immediately without being consulted, what is his"loving and compassionate" god doing when he sees kids vomiting and bleeding themselves to death?. . .

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by wiegraf: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2014
Petty scientists have already come up with vaccines, being tested and hopefully available by next year. Experimental cures are also being used in US, though we can't too much stock in those just yet.

God, on the hand, has been busy creating the virus, so you silly atheists should cut him some slack

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by wordcat(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2014
plaetton: Haba!
You beat me to this thread.

Ebola, its devastations, the fear that it evokes should, if Nigerian s were thinkers, be the final nail in God's coffin.
God is dead, killed by the Ebola virus, or at the least, rendered impotent.

This should have been a period for faith to wax strong. This should be time for Bonnke, Benny Ginn, Adeboye, Oyaks, Oyedepo and of course TV clown TB Joshua to reach out to Liberians and showcase the much touted power of god.

But alas, god and his earthly minions have gone AWOL, as has always been the case when disaster strikes.

God is like a crooked insurance company that reads you the fine print and hidden clauses when it's time to redeem their policy, even after all premiums of faith have been duly paid.

Men Of God, go out, preach the word, embrace and heal the sick. It doesn't matter if you die, for such would be the ultimate sacrifice similar to the which Jesus did for all mankind.

SIMILAR TO THAT WHICH OUR SOLDIERS ARE DOING IN THE NORTH.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Surprisingly, even church members now agree that their miracle pastor cant heal Ebola.

Some are wondering what kind of God would allow such a horrible disease on humans. What could children in Liberia do to suffer such disease? Defecating and urinating yourself to death.

Should Ebola become a global plague, it would indeed be the end of days, making the second coming of Jesus a lie. Everyone would die from an incurable disease and no one gets to see the second coming.

I wonder if Saudi Arabia would even welcome muslim pilgrims from West Africa. The Kaaba has no divine healing powers.

Ebola is surely a powerful disease. Not only does it kill humans, it kills the faith in God. Nothing will save you. You will die. You might even carry that infection to heaven.

who is this?

Go and read the bible before you come here to disclose your ignorance.

Disease like Ebola are signs of end time. They are happening now to prove that the word of the Lord Jesus is true.

Read [size=20]Mattew 24 vs 7[/size]. Jesus was preaching and telling us what will happen in the last days.

"for nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and Pestilence , and Earthquakes in divers places. "
the word Pestilence means:
A Deadly Epidemic Disease E.g Ebola, Hiv etc.

We heard about Earthquate in South africa just yesterday (an impossible place for Earthquate occurance, and other series of wars (Gaza & Isreal, etc).

These things are happening today just as it was said in the Bible.

This is why you don't have to argue with silly people. they will bring you down to their level, and may beat you with their experience
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by wordcat(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2014
Geniuz: You guys dont know what u are talking about.

Revealing himself to us is of no use. Let him use that time to heal little children in Liberia.

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2014
GooseBaba:

Hehehe.... I hail oooh...

How does one measure faith in order to avoid overdose..

There's so much lack of faith in the world than to worry about an overdose.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2014
Dapo777:

If you don't believe the drugs would work,will that stop the drugs from working?
You are talking as If faith is essential in medicine.
When a doctor prescribes drug,is he doing so according to faith?

Do They not warn you behind the container of drugs that If you don't see improvement after three days see your doctor? Did They write there that you must have faith in the drug before it works? Or Did They give you 100% assurance that the drug will surely work? But in the Bible we are given 100% assurance that whatever we ask for in prayers would ALWAYS be answered.

Can you see the difference now? undecided

i've seen people who don't improve significantly until given injection of a particular medicine. They believe more in injection and it shows in their body response compared to others. Some people would simply not get well except they see a particular doctor, or hospital, or are admitted into a ward. Some have malaria and until they take a particular drug formula don't show improvement even though other medicine was administered. It is naive and delusional to think that individual faith has no place in health recovery.
BTW, i did not say God and medicine are the same, i know the difference.

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2014
mazaje:

i'd be brief, faith is mainly an individual thing. i'm under no pressure or need to substantiate my claim that God works for me.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2014
Dapo777:

And that is enough reason for a whole God Almighty to break His promises?

Are you kidding me? undecided undecided angry angry

His promises are conditional. Read the fineprints.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
plaetton:

Faith is belief and present tensed. Faith the size of a mustard seed will cure headache i guess. What would make you believe that it was prayer that cured the headache. i guess that is the question you should be asking yourself.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol.

He welcomes them to a better place.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:

Faith is belief and present tensed. Faith the size of a mustard seed will cure headache i guess. What would make you believe that it was prayer that cured the headache. i guess that is the question you should be asking yourself.
Can we safely conclude that all those who have died of ebola have not had faith the size of a mustard seed? You must be a joker! You all just say things that you do not mean. You really do not believe in the power of the lord you just say it.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ifa Divination / If You Attend All Christian Practical Praying Band. Acppb Please Identify Here / Church Youth Programmes And Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.