Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,001 members, 7,919,196 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:54 PM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27664 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by lolabaloo(f): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2007
@toshman

if only u'll stop thinkinging negatively about this country and contribute postively this country wont be great.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by toshmann(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2007
lola baloo:

@toshman
if only u'll stop thinkinging negatively about this country and contribute postively this country wont be great.

unfortunately lola, the first step in the solution of a problem is the realisation that there is a problem. when our leaders are living in denial, saying nigeria is the giant of africa etc, yet anyone that looses an election first runs to US/UK/EU. they see how a society is yet they cant try to replicate such back home.

u may say i'm being negative but i think i'm being realistic. truth hurts. but it is better to know the truth than live in a fool's paradise. trust me, nigeria is moving in the wrong direction at a tremendous speed. let me ask you, name one thing in nigeria that is working fine. just one. health, education, agriculture, economy, census, elections, police, human rights, transport, airports, democracy(i dunno how many political parties we have now),NEPA or NEP Plc PHN i dont even know which name they bear now, even sports;our own football, not working well. the nation is sick and people talk of economic progress, how has the so called progress from the economic reforms affected the poor man in the street. how? abegi
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 4:30am On Mar 03, 2007
lola baloo:

as for me not only pdp would fall but all enimies of progress in nigeria. somebody please say amen grin

@mckren thanks

AMEN
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by donnymikky(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2007
how has the so called progress from the economic reforms affected the poor man in the street. how? abegi

It's really affecting poor man but NEGATIVELY
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2007
lol
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2007
Money bag politicians are busy now buying people's consciences. They even visit my neigbourhood looking for whom to deceive.

Even people with questionable performance like OBJ can open his mouth in the face of an obvious failure to campaign for Yar Adua. The Khalifa himself has no conscience, they are all from the same stock of people who think that everybody has a price and that everyone's conscience is up for auction.

We better think well and vote in a party that has common people like us as candidates. That party is Fresh Democratic Party and their candidates at all level are people of integrity and great passion for the people. Chris Okotie is the man.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 2:01am On Mar 14, 2007
LOL.

Its either Pat or Chris for me anyways.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by donnymikky(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2007
We better think well and vote in a party that has common people like us as candidates. That party is Fresh Democratic Party and their candidates at all level are people of integrity and great passion for the people. Chris Okotie is the man.

How many candidate registered by FRESH at all levels do you know?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gold(m): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2007
Fresh Demo Party or what? It is high time we all get our priority right, If our gentle man of God, saw himself in a vision, dream or through prophecy that He is directing crowd or numbers of people, let it be made know to him that God had just shown him that he is going to be the president of CAN (christain Association of Nigeria).

Politics is not just for anybody, though all the rich gays thought they can do it, How I which we will stand for the best.

Despite their antecedent, they care not because the like of GANI, also thought the best thing is to join them, then who is talking for us?

Even the preacher also thought he must be in Aso Rock before he can direct the country (if he gets there can he still have time for night Vigil?)

setting right priority.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 5:26am On Mar 15, 2007
He did say God told him to go for it so why the fuse.Well i believe if its Gods wish he will win and no one can stop him.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gold(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2007
9ja4eva,

My Brother let not your mind be deceive, God can only recoup him for greater task in the missionary work, not in Nigeria politics
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by austinejnr: 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2007
It is unfortunate that the presidential election would not be based on choice of the masses rather PDP will imposed Yar dua on Nigerians.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by elder04: 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2007
@ who cares!

It is disheartening to hear from you that you do't care who rule your country. But when they get there you will have the audacity to citicize them.

I don't think its the best thing to say bros.

PAT UTOMI REMAIN THE ODD ONE OUT OF THE LIST AND I THINK WE SHOULD GIVE HIM OUR VOTE. HE HAS NOT SOILED HIS HANDS, WITH GOVT MONEY.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by monkeyleg: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2007
ALL SAY PAT UTOMI FOR PRESIDENT. Please you guys should vote for him, let us all give Change a Chance. Pat represent a shift from the norm, maybe maybe that is the difference Nigeria so desparately needs. Please people let us not miss this chance, if not it is another 8yrs in HELL
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2007
monkeyleg:

ALL SAY PAT UTOMI FOR PRESIDENT. Please you guys should vote for him, let us all give Change a Chance. Pat represent a shift from the norm, maybe maybe that is the difference Nigeria so desparately needs. Please people let us not miss this chance, if not it is another 8yrs in HELL

You are absolutely right.We better fight it now than (God Forbid)another 8yrs of suffering.Am sure our votes will count this time around because we have to move forward oh.Yar Adua better go treat himself because PDP is not winning anything.
Gold:

9ja4eva,

My Brother let not your mind be deceive, God can only recoup him for greater task in the missionary work, not in Nigeria politics

I feel ur post jare.I did tink of dt too u know.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gold(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2007
I think every sound minded people will believe Pat stands out,  but how do we sell His candidacy to the people at home? those people that matter.

Those that can risk anything to cast their single vote, not people like you, yes you, you, yourself, that will follow the whole  process of the election on TV screen.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by bawoodinma(m): 12:52am On Mar 20, 2007
True democratic representation is difficult in a country where 70% of the people earn below USD1 a day. In Iraq, with the killings, fightings etc, the daily wage is about USD4. If our choices are going to be between the persons listed at the top of the page(of course, besides Pat Utomi) then we are entrenching kleptocracy. But we are so dysfunctional as a people that we will rather run overseas than fight for our land, we will rather get a bag of rice than ensure that the bounties of state is shared equitably. The syndrome of my house is bigger than your house is so prevalent in all facets of Nigerian society that hero worshipping, boot licking, as scrubbing which eventually leads to perennial poverty is our share as human beings.

If we ever vote in a Yar Adua, Atiku, Rochas, Kalu, Buhari etc again then we must admit that there is something inherently wrong with the Nigerian, not only as a human being but as a black man.

But I fear we will. As always, we are quick to disappoint the world.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gold(m): 9:57am On Mar 20, 2007
bawoodinma:

But I fear we will. As always, we are quick to disappoint the world.

A vote not cast is waste, a vote cast wrongly is waste therefore let us all vote wisely.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 4:58am On Mar 21, 2007
Yeap cos voting wisely will change the face of Democracy in our Country and this time around people are not allowed to rig i tink.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by waffiyarn(m): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2007
For those that are inclined to Rev Chris, I do not see his presence at the grassroots where the common average John Doe lives,
Has he even gone around the country? What is his feel of Northern Nigeria? Is he accepted or even known?

Pat Utomi is the wild card and as they say, you can't keep doing the same thing expecting a different result, that is insanity. We must try something new, someone new,

Are we as a nation bold enough to take the bull by the horns and do something new for a change or are we going to be cowardly and scared and just sit back and let things happen?

We have a voice and a vote and i believe we should use it constructively. We need to embark on an adventure if you get my drift,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 5:37am On Mar 22, 2007
Yeap i feel ur post.I really pray we use our votes well anyway.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2007
Pat Utomi is part of the conspiracy against Nigerians.
He had a lot of involvement with Govt in the past as adviser.
These people only care that a particular set of capitalists continue to prosper.

They are not driven out to contest by frustration of the events happening in Nigeria.
Utomi believes education should be paid for at all levels. Even though he is saying things differently in campaigns now.
He has no passion whatsoever about our plight.

For me, passion for the people is another important virtue.
Okotie Chris is the only one with such virtue at the moment.

Okotie is the man now. His being a preacher is a plus.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2007
Ha dis is another angle oh.I really do not think Okotie wld win anyway.Am tired of all dese candidates sef.Maybe Seun shld jst run
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by sisimose(f): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2007
e get as okotie be these days ooh. i was watching an interview with him and i was confused beyond confuzzion. I used to go to his church in naija,love the man but e get as e be sha. undecided
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2007
Yeah e get as e be oh bt if its true God called him he might win oh.We neva can tell.The real winner we all dnt know oh.This elections dey interesting well well u knw.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by graciella(f): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2007
WETIN ALL OF UNA DEY TAK ? ABEG MAKE UNA SCAN THIS SITE FIRST.

http://www.freshdemocraticparty.com/
http://www.freshdemocraticparty.com/reverend.htm
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by browndick: 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2007
If he was truely called by God, he should have won the election in 2003.
Of all the contenders the only persons without a clique or constituency as we may want to put it, is Pat Utomi. He sure knows his onions. But the truth is he wont be given the chance. He will need to wait for sanity to return to the system before he can implement. And only like mind can do that. And PDP will one day bring up somebody who will destroy the party and sanitise the system like in Ghana. We may be lucky it may be yARA DUA

This is the fact
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by browndick: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2007
Of all the contenders the only persons without a clique or constituency as we may want to put it, is Pat Utomi. He sure knows his onions. But the truth is he wont be given the chance. He will need to wait for sanity to return to the system before he can implement. And only like mind can do that. And PDP will one day bring up somebody who will destroy the party and sanitise the system like in Ghana. We may be lucky it may be yARA DUA

This is the fact
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by jgirl3: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2007
Just because he's a preacher doesn't mean that he is automatically holy. Maybe he's a preacher now to become a corrupt president later, we can't say lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. If there's one thing I've learnt from Rev. King, it's that people are not what they say they are. Besides, e get as e be with some preachers.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ja4eva: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2007
Well no one knows deir true intentions if elected.To be on the safe side though i will go for Pat Utomi n if it doesnt click den Okotie.Yar Adua looks too innocent bt if voted in too he might shock PDP.Well lets see what happens May 29th.9ja leaders are not real anymore.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by merlin(m): 3:04am On Mar 30, 2007
hello nairalanders, the poll stuff is a nice idea but i just feel that there are some people there who should not even think or dream of sitting on that sit of power.
Well if you are interested, you can try this more simplified poll.

http://poll.pollcode.com/2Vd
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by firstborn: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2007
browndick:

This is the fact
-----------------------------------------------

It is very surprising that people dont understand the way God works. If God told Okotie that he will be the president of nigeria, then that is the time the enemy will see to it that he never succeeds. The guy might not win at first but God's word will surely come to pass if it is God that called him in this matter. Have u guys forgotten about Joseph in the bible and how he went through hell b4 becoming the prime minister of egypt??
The principle is that when God is in a matter, then the devil will make everything possible to see it doesnt come to pass, but God will be God. His word must come to pass. That is why i cant say anything for now about Okotie's fronting. The guy might fail a couple of times and still succeed at the end. And if it did, does it not mean that God has done what he wanted, even if it tarries?
God can use anybody he likes to achieve anything, and anybody includes Okotie whether we like the idea or not, God does not care. May his will and counsel come to pass in our life time, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Result Sheets From Rivers Rerun, PDP Leads / Senator Ademola Adeleke's Campaign Starts Today At Iwo Land (Photos) / Andrew Uchendu: We Will Get 5m Youth Off The Streets If We Sell Some Of Our Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.