Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,226 members, 7,910,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:54 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27629 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by bigB3: 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2006
Revolution: So what exactly is it that will make it difficult for Duke to rule Nigeria?

You've answered your own question, Please pay attention and read your comment again, Come on now, where are you from? All the factors you've listed have made Nigeria to be an uncivilized country; a country with multiple complicated issues,
You've labelled these factors as reasons why it is an easy task to rule Nigeria, You're totally wrong; one of our major problems and why it's very difficult to rule the country is the fact that the country and the people are uncivilized.
For your information uncivilized means lacking refinement, lacking moral, lacking self respect and every other Nigerians bad habit, This is why it's OK for the president to do what ever he wants without any consent of the people, this is why it's OK for different groups to take control when ever they feel like it, this is why it's OK to be rich and be above the law, this is why we still can't find who killed Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Dr Daramola and so on, And you're telling me that it's simple to rule Nigeria as a country? You need to re- think deeply about these things again, This is serious
When there is no standardized law in a country, it requires considerable effort or skill to accomplish simple goals.

Duke will not and can not withstand multiple pressure coming from different directions. This is not running a state, (which by the way it's a size of Flatbush Ave), this is running a corrupted country (zoo) that needs an emergency surgery.

And please do not compare Nigeria to USA, The cap just doesn't fit,

Duke will not survive a month as a Nigerian president, He needs more time to develop mentally and he knows it too. He's a very smart man, his main goal at this time as a presidential candidate is to put his name out there for the future, Trust me he doesn't want this responsibility at this time.
I will not waste my vote and time this time, but I will definitely consider voting for him in 4 years time.

IBB is the main man, Do not single him out for his past. All the leaders have many things in common; they are all dirty and very corrupted, including OBJ and Duke.
At this point IBB can not do wrong, he can only reform Nigeria, Let's give him the chance.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by debosky(m): 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2006
another IBB apologist was 1985-1993 not long enough??

if they are all corrupt, then IBB is the KING of corruption, stole 12billion dollars gulf windfall amongst other things, institutionalised corruption and totally destroyed the educational system. He is corrupt, he never performed and he has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to offer Nigeria.

All those supporting him are just doing so cuzz they know he will definitely 'settle' when he gets there, they can't wait till they can start stealing all the money again

If Duke is corrupt please show evidence - at least he has many tangible projects he is carrying out, he has a vision and a directionand its clear for all to see. while he may not be ready yet ( I feel vice presidency will suit him better right now), he obvioudly has the potential

My vote will go to Buba Marwa if he gets selected - he's an educated former military man who has performed at previous positions - Lagos, Borno states, that is why i'll support him, all government is somehow 'corrupt', so I will go for the 'corrupt' performer anyday over the likes of pure and unadulterated thieves like Babangida.

I need a Katyusha rocket to scatter that hill top mansion of his. angry
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by mrmetoo(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2006
If IBB starts to apologize for his past offences (although more likely for a camel to pass through a needle) then i'll believe he has the right intentions coming back. Like if his campaign slogan is "COMING BACK TO CORRECT THE EVIL I UNLEASHED ONTO NIGERIA" but if he and his camp still act like he didn't do anything wrong then i believe he's just coming to finish Nigeria off once and for all. Its really ridiculous for them to say IBB didn't steal anything
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2006
Big B, I take your point but there is a difference between ruling Nigeria and changing Nigeria. Yes changing Nigeria is very difficult because of the things we both mentioned like lawlessness, lacking refinement, lacking moral, lacking self respect etc but ruling Nigeria is EASY because most of the leaders so far are in power but don't change much positively. You can be President and do nothing about these problems and still win the election for a second term.

You mentioned that we still can't find who killed Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Dr Daramola etc. Exactly my point. OBJ has failed to improve the security in the country and yet there has been no political repercussions for him. That is why Nigeria is easy to rule. You can be a poor or unsucessful President and remain in power.

Regarding comparing Nigeria and the US; yes they are different however the US is much more difficult to rule. Juwish connections, Gay rights, womens rights, minority rights etc. All these groups can vote the President out of power so he is forced to listen to them and incorporate some of their demands, even if he does not agree with them. In Nigeria the President knows he can totally ignore a particular ethnic group and even insult them or send in soldiers to kill them but still win the election through rigging.

Donald Duke can rule Nigeria easily. In fact if Duke wins people will wonder why past rulers had struggled to improve and change the nation before he came into power because it will be done easily. Is Nigeria more complicated that India or Parkistan that have both been ruled by Women?

Gowon came into power at the age of 34 and within a year had to fight the civil war, yet he lasted 9 years. Nigeria now is in much better shape that during that time of strife, wars, coups. Let's stop kidding ourself about being the giant of Africa and difficult to rule etc because that is exactly why there has been little or no progress so far. We keep looking back to leaders of old thinking the younger generation are not ready to rule. NONSENSE! Duke, Rufai etc are ready to rule tomorrow and I believe either of them will transform Nigeria beyong recognition, my preference being the former of course.

If Duke is not ready why are some top politicians, including northerners backing him? See links below. I heard today that former president Shagari may be backing Duke; now he should know what it takes to rule. Watch this space but I strongly believe Donald Duke will be the next President of Nigeria.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=54184
http://www.tribune.com.ng/04062006/news/news4.html
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by edmondo(m): 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2006
i think pat utomi shd be given a chance instead of duke,Nigerian need somebody that can analyz and make posite change in our economy instead of stake illiterate or wot did u guyz feel
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 1:14am On Aug 20, 2006
IBB might have done wrong in the past but we need a cunning ex-soldier of northern extraction as president to cement the democratic culture which we are currently building. IBB fits the criteria squarely as a successful coup plotter who withstood all violent take overs. Personally I will support Mr. Duke but the reality of the situation may not allow him be. OBJ also made some mistakes in the past as we all hear in songs rendered by the great Fela but he has on the whole put up a reasonable attempt in his second or is it third coming.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Christino(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2006
As for Duke, i'm neutral, but for those clamoring for Utomi, leave educationalists alone, they should be ministers, ambassadors or commissioners abegi, they'll only end up in a coup or sumtin, the military, though handicapped by OBJ are still as hungry as ever and it won't be a shock should they come back later. It's very possible, anything happens here.
But as for those IBB fanatics? Expect the Naira to fall to 300naira to a dollar within 3 weeks after inauguration. Don't say I didn't remind you.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by tinard(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2006
Who are the idiots that voted for IBB. I had a feeling ppl are beginning to support the guy. I've met a couple of ppl over here as well that are ready to vote for him just coz of their dad's link with him or coz he writes them cheques. History will always repeat itself and until nigerians start using their brains rather than their dicks or pockets to think they'll start voting for a respectable candidate. Killing has already started in 2006. Normally we have to wait till the year of the election which means next years will be the most exiting yet.

Two governor aspirants are dead. Na wetin we go wake up to 2moro.Before Obasnjo took over I remember some dying in prison including one of the few trustworthy nigerians Chief Abiola. All we know was he died in prison and nothing was ever said again. Everyone thinks OBJ is a saint he didn't make Nigeria what it is. It was ppl like Otunba in Ogun State and other state governor and Okonjo-Iweala and as soon as she was on to him, she had to be taken out. I don't live in Nigeria, YES but i read the news everyday and I have ppl there and I visit regularly as well PLUS I know the history so please next year don't let the little change you'll get from IBB ruin the progress Nigeria is making. I'm sure arespctable candidate will reinstate Okonjo or at least someone like that.

Improvements in each state will also hopefully continue. What we need now is someone who will not borrow money from the world bank to pay off ppl who he's sacking. We are getting in debts and unemployment rate is rising and that is the economy now.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Christino(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2006
Okonjo won't be coming back as she's back @ d world bank. Kudos to those who sacked her - thank God they didn't kill her. More prayers for Dora.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by debosky(m): 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2006
If we need an ex-general the only one i'll support is Marwa - he has performed before to an above average level plus he's young enough to be dynamic and accomodating, not like buhari and babangida - one is an extremist the other is an extreme thief
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jackal(m): 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2006
IBB is the man to save Nigeria from the dungeons of poverty.
Lets rally round and vote him in.
IBB 4 PRESIDENT.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by tinard(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2006
Jackal you be idiot just as your name implies.

I know blame you, u no no history i no even think say u ever visited nija b4. Ask ppl who know and then go tell you wetin that bastard don do to nija. How you think our exchange rate got this bad. Get rid of IBB 4eva and nija go change 4 better.

Who do you think was behing all the Abacha days, you think say na Abacha no you idiot IBB be the godfather 4 nija. And remember they neva end up in a good place.

All you haters , PEACE
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kitaun(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2006
@Tinard

Do you have to call Jackal an idiot to pass your message across shocked shocked
Whatever happened to freedom of expression? angry angry
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jackal(m): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2006
@ Tinard,
Ur expressions are just a function of ur intelligence.
I cannot even make out half of the things u just wrote because u spew bollocks.
Technically, u sound like a school drop-out who has no level of reasoning or just a wimp that opens a diseased mouth.
IBB did this and IBB did that but is IBB responsible for ur lack of intelligence as well? grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kitaun(m): 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2006
@Jackal

angry angry angry angry grin grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by gbeborun(m): 12:20am On Aug 23, 2006
If i were OBJ, if IBB wins the presidential election i go just annul the damn election!!!! I'm not opposed to Pat Utomi's presidency, but my question is MUST YOU BE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTE YOUR QUOTA?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ayoeze11(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2006
@gbeborun, If IBB can win a fair election like that of 1993, it would be very bad for OBJ to annual it, Nigerians would never forgive him, just as IBB is still carrying the stigma of annualling the 1993 elections
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by tinard(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ Ayoeze. How was the 1993 election fair. Were you even alive then . You sound lipsrsealed Maybe this will wale you up.

http://tellng.com/news/articles/060822-1/news/cover_evilgenius.html

Other imbeciles chech out the webpage as well. There you can read good news not all those shitty gossips you read in tabloids.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kitaun(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2006
@TiNARD

So who are the imbeciles? na wah o shocked grin grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ity(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2006
HEY I THINK OBONG VICTOR ATTAH SHOULD BE CHOSEN AMONG THE ASPIRANTS,HE IS THE BEST AMONG ALL THE ASPIRANTS,
I AM IN SUPPORT OF HIS EXELLENCY (ARC) OBONG VICTOR B.ATTAH
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ayoeze11(m): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
@Tinard, na wa for u oh, the 1993 election is general accepted to the Masses, than any other election in the country, all ethnic group were in support of the winner
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ity(m): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2006
hey governor attah should be included there before i can vote.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ayoeze11(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2006
@ITY why all these glamour for Attah, dont tell me you come from the same state, please can you outline is achievement as a Governor for 8 years, I would be glad and may then is name would be included
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Omolulu(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2006
I think Donald Duke is the most credible candidate for the presidency.what most Nigerians do not understand is that the country needs people who would focus on the primary Job of the presidency which is to develop the country in it's own capacity.Nigeria has had enough of psychophants,soldiers,mallams and farmers who have done their best(or their worst as the case may be) at the Nation's number1 seat.
I visited Cross river state some months back and i was impressed at the rapid developments being implemented by Duke.This man has shown that he has the focus to lead a country like Nigeria and lay a foundation for other leaders to build upon.
Pat Utomi seems to know his onions but he needs to contest at the state level to give him the necessary experience on administrating the common man(not students or Volkswagen ltd).When he gets the necessary experience.he would be a strong candidate in conteesting the presidency come 2011).
I would rather drink the Atlantic ocean than to vote Babangida(Maradona)or Buhari(General Fight corruption)as presidents.We know what they can do once they get to the rock of aso. grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Cristally(f): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2006
ouppss, wrong topic *blush*
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Tochi3(m): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2006
Infrastructural Development should never be an indices to access how well a President or Governor has done in a country.

FOOD, CLOTHING and SHELTER are essentials. As long as the majority of Nigerians are still hungry, clothless and homeless, no President or Governor past and present have done anything different that deserves commendation but condemnation.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by GNature(m): 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2006
What is it about IBB that people keep clamoring over him? His record is there for everyone to see. Some
people have posted that someone of his stature is needed to rule Nigeria, because he is an ex-general.

I do not believe this for a minute. Shagari ruled Nigeria and never served in the military. His government was
toppled not because he was weak, but because of the power hungry generals in the barracks.

If IBB is elected, he will put people in positions as an appreciation of a favor. He will not put able minded
technocrats there. Besides, IBB is yet to account for the Billions of dollars during the 1991 Gulf War Oil
windfall, yet people are saying we should vote for him.

Who said Duke is not experienced enough to be president? He definately is. The only thing is the soldiers
have to learn how to respect civilian authority. If they do, then we will reach political maturity in Nigeria.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by EmemJU(f): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2006
What stops a nairalander from contesting? I assure you, I'll vote.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2006
GNature, the problem with Nigerians are ignorant and greed, people are letting greed and little money and contract the will get from IBB clamore their judgment, we all witness what happen during IBB regime, firing squads, unsolved murders, and public embezzlement, and the introduction of 419, and yet people want to give this illiterate generals power?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ity(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2006
i still stand by obong victor attah for president come 2007
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by GNature(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2006
@Odeku

Ooooooo K, they are routing for IBB for their selfish reasons. Thanks for pointing this out.

At first, I thought may be I was losing my mind, wondering why on God's earth anyone will support IBB. Glad to see I'm very sane afterall.

IBB will never rule Nigeria again. We have regressed enough - It's now time to progress.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ladykool(f): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2006
plz o! dont vote for obasanjo and okotie o! obasanjo will kill niaja if he be president again and okotie will leave pastor job cuz naija problem is too much for him and will not have chance for is pastor job so plz dont vote for them o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix / Suicide Bomber Kills Five Soldiers, Injures 40 In North East / Ebonyi Governor’s Defection To APC Hangs In The Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.