Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? (947 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication And Adultery No Longer A Sin? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by Guidette(f): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2014
'All men cheat'. This is the line i have seen and heard countless times when issues of infidelity come up in real life and on the internet. I understand that Nigerians are hypocrites but the level has gone too deeply entrenched in people's minds that they do not know the truth from lies. I am not a religious person but from what i know, fornication and adultery are big sins in major religions across the world. One of the ten commandments to be precise. A sin that i think should be upheld more than something like say… homosexuality.
So why is it that in a country like Nigeria, where religious issues draw blood, cheating is considered normal. Well, i mean for men only. Since we live in a backward society where women are 2nd class citizens, infidelity on her part is grounds for divorce. But not the other way round.
A woman is supposed to pray for a cheating man to change.Well… I think that a cheating man should pray for himself. You came to this world alone and you are going to die alone. No one can save your soul. Repent!

Well my question is for the men: How religious are you and what is your view on fornication and ADULTERY?
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by emmyskies(m): 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
It is not a normal things to do. This is what the world has turn into. Where people don't see sin as sin anymore, but a normal thing. No thanks to the devil. Well, no fornicator nor adulterer will inherit the kingdom of GOD. There place is hell:

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1 Corinthians 6:9)

Bedsides, you say you.re not religious. Why? What then is your purpose of living?
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by okotv(m): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
simple..adultry is sin but what i know about life is that with time every moral will diminish and that is why even taboo like homosexuality is accepted talkless of adultery...its not easy to remain chaste in this life but God help us.
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by tpia1: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
i guess not.

the question may actually be:between christians and non-christians,who loves adultery and fornication more.
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by Guidette(f): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
emmyskies: It is not a normal things to do. This is what the world has turn into. Where people don't see sin as sin anymore, but a normal thing. No thanks to the devil. Well, no fornicator nor adulterer will inherit the kingdom of GOD. There place is hell:

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1 Corinthians 6:9)

Bedsides, you say you.re not religious. Why? What then is your purpose of living?
I live for myself and the people I love. Nothing else. I have one life to live, so I'm going to make the best of it.

1 Like

Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by emmyskies(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Guidette:
I live for myself and the people I love. Nothing else. I have one life to live, so I'm going to make the best of it.

You live for yourself, neglecting your creator. Forgetting you're created for a sole purpose
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by qstar(m): 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
emmyskies:

You live for yourself, neglecting your creator. Forgetting you're created for a sole purpose

What should she do for the creator? lick his/her/their a$$?
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
This is the will of God even ur santification that us hould abstain from fornication (1 thessalonians 4 vs 3 )

whosoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding and destroys his own soul ( proverbs 6 vs 32 )

there is a way that seems right unto a man (sex) but the end of it are the ways of death (proverbs 14 vs 12 )

u need to see how the demons toture the fornicators and adulterers in hell.... Save ur souls from this evil generation ( acts 2 vs 40).

The Word of God has it all...

1 Like

Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by tpia1: 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by JesusisLord85: 12:12am On Aug 06, 2014
Guidette: 'All men cheat'. This is the line i have seen and heard countless times when issues of infidelity come up in real life and on the internet. I understand that Nigerians are hypocrites but the level has gone too deeply entrenched in people's minds that they do not know the truth from lies. I am not a religious person but from what i know, fornication and adultery are big sins in major religions across the world. One of the ten commandments to be precise. A sin that i think should be upheld more than something like say… homosexuality.
So why is it that in a country like Nigeria, where religious issues draw blood, cheating is considered normal. Well, i mean for men only. Since we live in a backward society where women are 2nd class citizens, infidelity on her part is grounds for divorce. But not the other way round.
A woman is supposed to pray for a cheating man to change.Well… I think that a cheating man should pray for himself. You came to this world alone and you are going to die alone. No one can save your soul. Repent!

Well my question is for the men: How religious are you and what is your view on fornication and ADULTERY?

A married man taking another unmarried woman as a wife/concubine is not adultery. It is only if he goes into another man's wife.
Prove otherwise.

The oyinbo's came here and taught you one wife. lol. Wonder which scripture they used to justify that. Must be the one where Paul (surprise surprise) prescribed this for bishops.
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by tpia1: 12:40am On Aug 06, 2014
^^ i wonder why you intentionally want to drag the name of Jesus into disrepute.

are you a satanist or cultic fellow?

Matthew 19

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’

5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife

note the singular tense?

and do you see fathers and mothers or father and mother?
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by JesusisLord85: 12:52am On Aug 06, 2014
tpia1: ^^ i wonder why you intentionally want to drag the name of Jesus into disrepute.

are you a satanist or cultic fellow?

Matthew 19

note the singular tense?

and do you see fathers and mothers or father and mother?

Deuteronomy 21
15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:

16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:

17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

Exodus 21
10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish

Plenty more where that came from.

When they asked the Messiah about divorce, he quoted the Law.

Shalom
Re: Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? by tpia1: 12:55am On Aug 06, 2014
do you know the difference between old and new testaments?

and does your own bible not contain references to one wife?

in short, why did you choose this user name, are you running from your village witches?

Not that you chose the name because you actually believe in it?

(1) (Reply)

40 Common Mistakes In Solat(prayers) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Name Removed As Trustee Of Church’s U.K. Branch / "Witch Woman" That Changed To Bird At Oshodi Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.