Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,852 members, 7,949,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery (748 Views)

Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations / Nnpc Faults Kwara’s Claim On Oil Discovery / Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery by Wale112(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
The state-owned Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) on Friday announced that another oil discovery has been made in the West African state. In said in a statement issued in Accra that the Wawa-1 exploration well, located in the DeepwaterTano (DWT) Block offshore Ghana, discovered 20 metres (65 feet) of gas-condensate column and 13 metres (42 feet) of oil. Samples of oil recovered from the well indicate that it was of ‘high quality of API values of between 38 and 44 degrees’.

GNPC said pressure data indicated the Wawa discovery was separate and distinct from the adjacent Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme (TEN) cluster of discoveries.

It said further evaluation of this well would be conducted after which the well would be suspended for possible future use in appraisal and development operations.

According to Mr. Thomas Manu, Director of Exploration and Production at GNPC, “the Wawa discovery is a confirmation of the prospectivity of the offshore Western Basin. The discovery has enhanced the value of the TEN (Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme) complex, for which the plan of development is currently being discussed among the partners.’

He hinted that further exploration drilling is planned within the block before the end of the year.

GNPC has 10 percent carried interest in the DeepwaterTano Block and has the option to acquire additional paying interest of 5 per cent upon declaration that the discovery is commercial.

The other Partners in the Block include Tullow Oil plc (49.95 percent working interest and operator), Kosmos Energy (18 per cent working interest), Anadarko (18 per cent working interest) and Tano Block Sabre Oil & Gas Holdings Ltd (4.05 per cent working interest).
Re: Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery by V0lv0(f): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
My friend I think it's about time you get a job and stop making useless and stupid topics.

I am starting to believe you are not really a Ghanaian but a troll pretending to be a Ghanaian.

Why are you creating such topics on this site?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery by lokoloko84(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
V0lv0: My friend I think it's about time you get a job and stop making useless and stupid topics.

I am starting to believe you are not really a Ghanaian but a troll pretending to be a Ghanaian.

Why are you creating such topics on this site?
Are you a bigot?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Well, goodluck to the poor nation
Re: Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery by V0lv0(f): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
lokoloko84: Are you a bigot?
Re: Ghana Announces More Oil Discovery by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
grin grin grin
Every week

(1) (Reply)

Ill Treatment Of Nigerians By NAF All Because Of Foreigners / Bring Back Our Soldiers / Omisore Rejects Osun Gov Poll Results, Heads For Election Tribunal Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.