Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,367 members, 7,910,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:34 PM

Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) (1351 Views)

Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by femimike1(m): 7:07am On Aug 06, 2014
The most pitiable speaker at today's rally was not the skelewu dancer, it is Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola. He seems to have forgotten what royalty means and the responsibility the title 'Prince' confers on him. He has also forgotten the distinction of military training, where integrity and loyalty to troop is at its most valued! What a shame

Former Governor Oyinlola, watched as his former adversary rubbished his work of seven and a half years as the Governor of Osun state. He spoke and displayed atypical disloyalty to his Party. He expressed vengeance with no purpose or ideology. More dismally, he publicly confirmed his ingratitude to Senator Iyiola Omisore whose magnanimity made it possible for him to be Governor in the first place.

Read below excepts of the affirmation of HRM Oba Okunade Sijuwade when the Vice President visited him

'"In 1999, former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, had prevailed on me to advise Senator Iyiola Omisore to serve as the running mate to Chief Bisi Akande, despite the initial agreement within the defunct Alliance for Democracy (AD) that he would run for governor, asking me to urge traditional rulers in the state to support Akande. His message was well delivered and when I called Senator Iyiola Omisore, he did not argue with me, but rather prostrated and said 'God’s time is the best,'.

"Ahead of the 2003 governorship election, I was visited by the late Chief S.M Afolabi and his team, who confided in me that if a primary was held in the PDP, Omisore would win. They said I should call him again and appeal to him to step aside in the meantime. And when I called this young man to appeal to him, he did not argue with me but prostrated and said ‘Kabiyesi, God’s time would always be the best.

"Omisore, then suggested Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who eventually became the governor of the state in 2003'

Oyinlola wrote a new biography of his political life presenting himself as a disloyal, vengeful and ungrateful person. He wrote into the annals of history that he lacks integrity and the forbearance that leadership requires. A previously enviable political career dashed on the waves of misplaced vengeance against his party and that of his benefactor, Senator Iyiola Omisore. He has chosen to co-habit with people that hated him and wanted to ruin him politically. He even went ahead to admit that Osun people voted for Aregbesola against him.

What a pitiable shame!

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by bbello28(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Ftc grin thank God for rauf... He is indeed a conqueror
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by davdandam(m): 7:44am On Aug 06, 2014
And oyinlola finally becomes a supporter of APC

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by mogentle(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2014
femimike1: The most pitiable speaker at today's rally was not the skelewu dancer, it is Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola. He seems to have forgotten what royalty means and the responsibility the title 'Prince' confers on him. He has also forgotten the distinction of military training, where integrity and loyalty to troop is at its most valued! What a shame........

Oyinlola wrote a new biography of his political life presenting himself as a disloyal, vengeful and ungrateful person. He wrote into the annals of history that he lacks integrity and the forbearance that leadership requires. A previously enviable political career dashed on the waves of misplaced vengeance against his party and that of his benefactor, Senator Iyiola Omisore. He has chosen to co-habit with people that hated him and wanted to ruin him politically. He even went ahead to admit that Osun people voted for Aregbesola against him.

What a pitiable shame!

That pitiable shame is not to Oyinlola but to you the OP who refused to believe that politics is about INTEREST which goes beyond individuals. Your post lacks cohesion, no source, no traceability whatsoever. Get a life bros. What do you expect him to do? to go to Aso Rock and be begging GEJ to implement the abandonned legal paper from court that made him the authentic National Secretary? He has decided to move on in his career. You prefer that he sits down there and become redundant? Impossible. Oyinlola was a former soldier and must have consulted properly before taking step. So, keep cry me a river while Osun is progressing.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:56am On Aug 06, 2014
THE OYINLOLA GUY SOUNDS TOO BITTER,THAT IS NOT HOW TO PLAY POLITICS,UNLESS PDP PLANTED HIM,
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by felifeli: 9:01am On Aug 06, 2014
mogentle:
That pitiable shame is not to Oyinlola but to you the OP who refused to believe that politics is about INTEREST which goes beyond individuals. Your post lacks cohesion, no source, no traceability whatsoever. Get a life bros. What do you expect him to do? to go to Aso Rock and be begging GEJ to implement the abandonned legal paper from court that made him the authentic National Secretary? He has decided to move on in[b] his career.[/b] You prefer that he sits down there and become redundant? Impossible. Oyinlola was a former soldier and must have consulted properly before taking step. So, keep cry me a river while Osun is progressing.

This is why Nigeria will forever be ruined by corruption : Politics is about interest, not convictions . Politics is a career , not service . SMH
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) by Haywhymido(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Didn't d people vote 4 fayemi in oni's place? Which party is Oni n fayemi today? So what make oyin's own to be different? So shut d f up. N if u believe what ooni said u must b a fool.Do u expect him to say sumthing less. All what omisore did 4 oyinlola is to kill during election. Omisore is greatest disaster to happen to osun.ask dat man what his hobby is? I guess he dd say killing innocent souls

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Sucidial And Battling Clincal Depression / President Jonathan To Commission Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom today - Pics / President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.