Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,300 members, 7,910,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 12:01 PM

If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage (1022 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This. / What If You Caught Your Husband Doing This (picture) / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage by DSuperWoman(f): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2014
You're More Concerned With the Wedding than the Marriage

Many ladies spend more time preparing and agonizing over the wedding details than actually considering the marriage. If you know more about everyone in your ashewabi than you do about your partner's finances, marriage ain't for you.

You Don't Trust Him/Her

Some people don't believe it's possible to "fully" trust anyone, even the bible says "put your trust on no man" true but in a situation where you have to check his phone whenever he goes to the toilet (that is if he doesn't go to the toilet with it) my sister you are in for a bumby ride Trust is belief in one's integrity. No relationship can survive without trust.

You Can't See Yourself Parenting his Child

When you enter a relationship with a single parent, you enter a relationship with their children, as well. I've heard countless stories of people saying "I love the person but just don't love his/her kids." This unfortunately is an unworkable situation. Children are not accessories to be included or not, they are a permanent part of the equation.

Your Values Aren't Settled

Relationship values, are your personality type, and non-negotiables. These are all categories you should know and never amend for anyone. In as much as my next point is compromise, it doesn't mean you should change who you are. Some ladies comprises too much, a relation of mine cut of from everybody she knew just because she was getting married. It was so bad, she cut off from her friends, family, church (that she was a strong worker n always said that she could NEVER leave). You have to know who you are and make sure he knows accepts and loves who you are.

You're Not Ready for Compromise
"You can't have a successful relationship (romantic or platonic) unless you have a willingness to compromise." When times get tough, there is one of two ways we react. Either you become selfish and focus on yourself or you become selfless and focus on your loved ones. If you (or they) are the former, marriage is not the right move.

You're Being Pressured

I know a guy who's about getting married cuz he who's presently planning rushing his wedding just because he wants to contest in the next years elections. For him any lady who can... Read full article here http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/08/if-youre-doing-this-youre-not-ready-for.html?m=1
Re: If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage by bennyrazz: 8:43am On Aug 06, 2014
I dey come
Re: If You're Doing This You're Not Ready For Marriage by LadyH(f): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2014
Hoekay. Noted.

(1) (Reply)

How I Will Spend This Month Income / Things You Can Do If You Are Having Family/relationship Problems / Roommates And Their Awkward Behaviours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.