Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

cigars - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / cigars (678 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

cigars by Baxilexi(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2008
A defendant in a lawsuit involving large sums of money was talking to his lawyer. "If I lose this case, I'll be ruined!"

"It's in the judge's hands now," said the lawyer.

"Would it help if I sent the judge a box of cigars?"

"No! The judge is a stickler on ethical behavior. A stunt like that would prejudice him against you. He might even hold you in contempt of court."

Within the course of time, the judge rendered a decision in favor of the defendant. As the defendant left the courthouse, he said to his lawyer, "Thanks for the tip about the cigars. It really worked!"

Confidently the lawyer responded, "I'm sure we would have lost the case if you'd sent them."

"But I did send them.", replied the man.

"What?" shouted the lawyer.

"I sure did, that's how we won the case,  good thing I remembered to enclose the plaintiff's business card."
Re: cigars by Nautillus(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2008
Intellectually Nice
Re: cigars by Moyola(f): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2008
9ize 1 !!
Re: cigars by Baxilexi(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2008
thanzk
Re: cigars by krama(m): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2008
Not bad
Re: cigars by romsky: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2008
wizer dan d lawyer

(1) (Reply)

Golf Assistance / Politicial Mistake / Guess What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.