Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,888 members, 7,942,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games (834 Views)

Download Now PES 2016 For Android, BB, IPhone And PC Using PPSSPP / (in Dilemma) Which Of These Android Devices Should I Go For? / Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games by jerricho(m): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2014
I haven't the vaguest idea why Windows Phone 8 handsets and tablets tend to have a weaker gaming selection than those powered by iOS or Android.

I find it ironic and somewhat shameful considering Windows Phone 8 comes from Microsoft—the very same house that built Xbox.

Speaking of Xbox, there are a bunch of Xbox games that could castrate competitors (Android/Apple) if included in the gaming selection of the Windows Phone 8 platform.

I'm talking 'Halo 2', 'MechAssault', 'Ninja Gaiden', 'Grand Theft Auto III', 'Dead or Alive 3', and Tom Clancy's 'Rainbow Six 3'.

Unquestionably, or rather unarguably, Microsoft has definitely got the technology to perfectly port these titles to Windows Phone devices.

I mean, the Windows phone platform has the exact same Xbox Live online gaming service that was present on the very first Xbox (it's also on the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One). So, what's the holdup? GPU? Not in the slightest. The GPUs in today's super smartphones can concretely compete with those of early consoles.

Current smartphone games like 'Modern Combat 5: Blackout' have hit console-like graphics. The horizons have been broadened.

Playing PC games on a Windows Phone 8 device should even be better. And by PC games, I mean 'Hitman: Absolution', 'Batman: Arkham Origins', 'World of Warcraft', 'Thief', 'Battlefield', 'Watchdogs', and the likes.

Imagine playing 'Crisis 3' on the 6-inch 1080p display of the Nokia Lumia 1520. That'd be bazooka!

Hardcore HD gamers in the mobile gaming world would really go grapey and abandon iOS and Android devices if Windows Phone devices could carry PC and Xbox games flawlessly.

Additionally, to the best of my knowledge, the Xbox, the Nintendo GameCube, Sega's Dreamcast, and Sony's PlayStation 2, were all competing intensely for bragging rights to being the world's best gaming console—at the time.

Speaking of the PlayStation 2, Sony is taking too damn long trying to integrate its games into the Android platform.

So far, only 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' has been successfully ported from the PS2 to the Android platform.

Adhering to the unembellished facts, Android should start getting more PS2 Ports. Specifically, triple-A titles like 'Metal Gear Solid', 'Devil May Cry', and 'God of War'.

Alternatively, during the seemingly slow periods, Sony should rather be doing something solid to replace the terribly unstable PPSSPP, optimizing an authentic app for playing PSP games lag-free on Android, instead of just dillydallying.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games by ezanafe(m): 9:43am On Aug 07, 2014
correct guy, i am 100% in support of this topic. good work. especially Microsoft now that they have Nokia in their cupboard they should not have any excuse not to try and port Xbox games fully to the window phone 8 platform. by them even doing the aforementioned point of mine i think game freaks like me will port to the window phone platform.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games by gustav25: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
I support this notion....and it will also see the same action by Sony

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games by texazzpete(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Xbox One and PC games run on full x86 chipsets.
windows phone runs on much lower powered ARM chipsets.

You cannot run those games on phones without extensive porting and downscaling.

Most of those games the OP mentioned are not published by Microsoft and MS does not have the intellectual property. Extreme stupidity to expect a GTA port from Microsoft.

That said, the work being done on Windows 9 to allow universal apps and to align APIs and the effort to bring direct X 12 on windows phone will drastically reduce porting time for games using DX.
Re: Why Windows Phone Devices Should Sport Xbox and PC Games by nurey(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
What you have highlighted op is a good vision but consider that some graphics chipsets and hard ware are the size of nokia lumia 1020, if that is to be incoporated into phones they will be bulky, but if smaller chipsets are invested into, it could drive up prices of this phones. That is the difference between SAMSUNG and techno (technology intellect)

(1) (Reply)

Gionee P2S Discussion Thread / Iphone 6 Users: Welcome To 2012 / [tech] How I Reset My Forgotten HTC Mobile Pattern Security Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.