Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,153 members, 7,977,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why You Should Not Get Married! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Get Married! (2767 Views)

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? / Why Do You Want To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Get Married! by Rival(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Is Marriage worth the effort?

Nations go to war to have freedom; in fact, history is replete with individuals who risked their lives to get freedom for themselves and their people!

We all live in societies governed by a certain set of rules that put limitations on our freedom and as long as we are members of that society we are bound by such rules and our freedom is limited to such extent as expressed by the rules governing the society.

But then, this is good for the entire society as rights are protected under such rules/laws and the negative tendencies of other members of the society, inimical to its existence and likely to cause public disorder, are curtailed.

In life we all want freedom; freedom to make our own decisions, freedom to make friends, freedom to have relationships, freedom to go where we want; freedom to associate with others, etc.
In the office, we want freedom; in the home we want freedom; in our relationships, we want freedom; in our finances, we want freedom. We want freedom in everything!
Nobody wants being bossed around!

Why then do I want to go into something that limits my freedom that is protected under the laws of the society? Why do I have to hang my freedom and independence at the door and go into a marriage institution?

The institution of marriage places many restrictions on our freedom as individuals! You're forced to live a kind of lifestyle that is totally different from what you're used to as a single guy/lady or what you would want to, yet everybody wants to go into it!

You can’t spend your own money the way you want and on whom you want; if you’re not home by a certain time you answer query; if you’re seen smiling at another person, query awaits you at home; if you don’t eat at home, another problem; if you are tired and just go to bed, you’re unfaithful; if you’re seen standing with another lady/man, ha, that is queries without end! You can’t go out without stating where you are going. Why?

You come home after a hectic day in the office only to meet your nagging wife at the door, drumming it into your ears why you’ve not bought her a new car; why you’re coming home late; you’re not giving her enough attention, etc!

Another person who was not there at the cradle of your rise gives you instructions on how to use the rewards of your sleepless nights to the detriment of those who held and pressed the ladder against the wall while you climbed!

So, what is the attraction?
As far as I’m concerned marriage is not worth the fuss associated with it.

So, ladies and gentlemen, what’s your opinion about marriage and being single?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
grin
One man's music is another's noise.
btw, dem force you to marry? It's a free world dude.

As for me, i'm still 13. When i reach 21, i'll settle down with my bride.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Dubby6(m): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
Wetin this one dey yarn sad

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
....eh ..wetin u write so ....i dont even need to read ur write-up....i must marry oooo before rapture...i must av d experience b4 He comes...

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Lily4star(f): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
"what's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Though the write-up is written in English but still feels to me like its in Spanish,

Emmm, OP by the way ve got a question for you...

'If ur Mum and Dad didn't get married how would you ve come into existence?' (Just thinking though)

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by BluePearls(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
You paint marriage as if its some kind of prison or bondage, its so much more than that. If you don't want to go into it, It's really not by force. I just don't think its a thing for the feeble minds. undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by dmcdad: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dubby6: Wetin this one dey yarn sad
Abeg wetin him yarn for there? Novex say I ask you. Me no bother read am. Wetin him talk make sense?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by freecocoa(f): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lily4star: "what's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Though the write-up is written in English but still feels to me like its in Spanish,

Emmm, OP by the way ve got a question for you...

'If ur Mum and Dad didn't get married how would you ve come into existence?' (Just thinking though)
Correct me if I'm wrong please, cause I'm pretty sure that, in my Biology class, we were told that it takes a sperm producing male and an egg releasing female to make a baby, not a married man and woman, no?

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
SQLmaster1: grin
One man's music is another's noise.
btw, dem force you to marry? It's a free world dude.

As for me, i'm still 13. When i reach 21, i'll settle down with my bride.

CHAIii..
13 years old? shocked shocked shocked. shocked

Look at this pickin oh?........See pickin wey never start to dey grow biyabiya......Infact, who taught you how to use a cell phone?. angry angry angry

@ Op.
Whatever rocks your boat; If you feel that marriage isn't in your agenda, then...Why should you do so?.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Lily4star(f): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
freecocoa: Correct me if I'm wrong please, cause I'm pretty sure that, in my Biology class, we were told that it takes a sperm producing male and an egg releasing female to make a baby, not a married man and woman, no?

You re soooooo right, but how re we sure the OP went through all that process?, don't be surprised his is just a single sperm wink
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by jmoore(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
Whatever reasons you wrote are not meant for me.
I must marry!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by freecocoa(f): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Well OP, I get where you are coming from, to be honest, sometimes I do think like you as regards this issue, then I remind myself that by default, life often follows a pattern.

There are different phases in life, and marriage to me is just another phase of it, it is pretty hard having to live with one person for the rest of your life but I believe that's where love, compatibility and understanding comes in, I'm almost certain any couple who have these, will be fine.

Then again there is the joy of making cute juniors(how I love children), remembering that I'll have some chubby little cute faces who will often look at me with puppy eyes saying "mummy I love you", my heart instantly melt and I can't wait to meet them7twanna raise them with a man as my husband all the way. wink.

Finally OP, it depends on what you want for yourself, there are women who will have no biggie inviting a a crowd into your bedroom for serious sh*gging, whatever you want in this new world can be arranged, then again, there's no law saying one must get married, you can shun society and live single and free till you get married, incase you didn't know, marriage isn't a prison, i'll reach my full potential on earth and I'm getting married sooner than you know.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by freecocoa(f): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lily4star:

You re soooooo right, but how re we sure the OP went through all that process?, don't be surprised his is just a single sperm wink
I don't know what you are insinuating but whatever rocks your boat.smiley
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Houseofglam7(f): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pure crap!
Its a choice...... I choose to....... get married!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
temigracie: ....eh ..wetin u write so ....i dont even need to read ur write-up....i must marry oooo before rapture...i must av d experience b4 He comes...
Which kain experience? On the marital bed?lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: Which kain experience? On the marital bed?lipsrsealed
...adonno ooo.....all d experience noni

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
freecocoa: Well OP, I get where you are coming from, to be honest, sometimes I do think like you as regards this issue, then I remind myself that by default, life often follows a pattern.

There are different phases in life, and marriage to me is just another phase of it, it is pretty hard having to live with one person for the rest of your life but I believe that's where love, compatibility and understanding comes in, I'm almost certain any couple who have these, will be fine.

Then again there is the joy of making cute juniors(how I love children), remembering that I'll have some chubby little cute faces who will often look at me with puppy eyes saying "mummy I love you", my heart instantly melt and I can't wait to meet them7twanna raise them with a man as my husband all the way. wink.

Finally OP, it depends on what you want for yourself, there are women who will have no biggie inviting a a crowd into your bedroom for serious sh*gging, whatever you want in this new world can be arranged, then again, there's no law saying one must get married, you can shun society and live single and free till you get married, incase you didn't know, marriage isn't a prison, i'll reach my full potential on earth and I'm getting married sooner than you know.
I like this!smiley

@bolded,e be like say we should be expecting to hear a wedding bell soon.lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
temigracie: ...adonno ooo.....all d experience noni
You can't wait to get married?
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: You can't wait to get married?
....lol...
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
temigracie: ....lol...
Why you dey laff nau?
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by fuckshit: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
FÜCK!!! it's a FÜCKING choice grin grin
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: Why you dey laff nau?
..tse i shud not laf ni undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by freecocoa(f): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: I like this!smiley

@bolded,e be like say we should be expecting to hear a wedding bell soon.lipsrsealed
Who knows?you just might get na e-vite cheesy.
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
temigracie: ..tse i shud not laf ni undecided
Make we no derail this thread o. Me no want wahala.grin
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: I like this!smiley

Wetin now concern me for the matter? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: Make we no derail this thread o. Me no want wahala.grin
...lol..oryt,takia
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
freecocoa: Who knows?you just might get na e-vite cheesy.
E-invite no go do nau.grin
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by freecocoa(f): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: E-invite no go do nau.grin
invite then.smiley
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Bolded:

Wetin now concern me for the matter? undecided
You are mad!gringringringringrin
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
temigracie: ...lol..oryt,takia
You wan go?embarassed
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Danhumprey: 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
freecocoa: invite then.smiley
I'd be expecting that!wink
Re: Why You Should Not Get Married! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Danhumprey: You are mad!gringringringringrin

Come take ur time o, no dey call my name anyhow. Show some respect grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things Women Need To Stop Doing To Each Other. / . / Have You Ever Been Spanked By Someone Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.