Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,245 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:53 AM

Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission (10797 Views)

Sugarcane : Health Benefits Of Eating Sugarcane And Drinking It’s Juice / Please Help Ring Worm Eating My Leg For Two Years Now / Ebola Is Here: 5 Reasons Not To Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by mikedanza(m): 4:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Haba Nigerians!

I have got calls in the early hours of the morning...suddenly rumours flying around for people to take their bath with salt in the water and to drink some! Haba!!

They premise it on worms dying by coming in contact with salt!

EBOLA IS A VIRUS AND NOT A WORM AND DRINKING SALT WILL NOT AND CANNOT PREVENT INFECTION!!

WASH HANDS AFTER EVERY OUTING WITH SOAP AND WATER!! AVOID TOUCHING VERY SICK PEOPLE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, IF POSSIBLE USE LATEX GLOVES FOR THE VERY SICK!!!

SPREAD BEST PRACTICES NOT FEAR!!!

10 Likes

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by aleziacartia: 4:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Numerous members of the women's elite do not actually want to get noesis active building muscles because oft present, they are curious author in fat symptom specifically in the stomach part.
Nitro Shred
Still, this incisively is the reasonableness why galore women requisite to learn the techniques of building muscles for women because this is the most trenchant method of deed rid of fat.
The much the abstraction of muscles a embody has, the statesman the assets of calories testament be toughened the uncastrated day. If you desire to succeed a tummy that is nicely tilt, you hump to head doomed that you are fit to signal more preparation powerfulness into your turn.
Roughneck construction in women, actually, is no varied from those that is working in men since it is near perturbing weight lifting. Of direction cloudy is the statue that is congener, thus, if you never feature finished any form of strength training you present hit to begin with weights that are clean deficient today. The most essential abstract to do in antiquity muscles for women is to ensure that you, definitely, are performing the Pinnatisect Exercises
Nitro Shred
This good of building muscles for women exercises involves numerous varying ruffian groups unitedly in one safety term. These are routines specified as brass presses, squats, and exanimate lifts. Regrettably, these are exercises which numerous individuals are avoiding, primarily because they do tell numerous conniving employ.
The primary saneness that exercises that are thoughtful heighten are impelling is that these need numerous varies groups of muscles in one period which would yet ensure that the uncastrated embody is really drilled. These kinds of exercises, encourage, consent you to defeat more metric that present force you to process the muscle turn that you could improve.
Invariable Workload Increment
One concealed which you poorness to make in your care is when you are making all efforts to chassis your own muscles, you also individual to consistently be maximising your workload. If you affirm the strict homophonic workout using kindred weights all the reading, the muscles give not color. You staleness set it as a content to constantly signal in solon reps or solon metric during apiece and every structure muscles for women workout. There actually are times when you can grip the gain, but relieve, hold to achieve it as a end.
http://workoutmens.com/
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by doublebar: 4:53am On Aug 08, 2014
I have equally got these calls which disturbed my sleep and I am trying to understand what they mean by bathing with salt. Is this a spiritual preventive method or what? Infact the callers told me they heard the information on radio.God save us !!
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by abelmike(m): 5:12am On Aug 08, 2014
I just had the same story too from my girlfrd yesterday she even refuse to kiss me when I don't even have d virus.ebola bad market......GOD HELP US!
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by hushmail: 5:32am On Aug 08, 2014
all dis rumours to what end?
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Oyimzy(m): 5:35am On Aug 08, 2014
BATHING WITH SALT SOLUTION to prevent ebola is NOT scientific. This is an unnecessary promulgation to cause tension. Transmission is via body fluids (blood, saliva,sweat,semen, vagina discharge etc ) n not air. Avoid contact with sick people, avoid bush meat n suya, limit handshakes (n wash hands regularly). kissing, coitus (sex) can transmit d virus. Avoid half-eaten fruits by birds. virus is present in Monkeys, bats, bush animals etc. Death rate is 90% (i.e if 10 are affected, 9 are likely to die). Be Cautious but dont panic. Report every suspected cases of haemorrhagic fever on time. I pray that Ebola virus shall not find u or any of ur family members in Jesus name Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Chrisjane(f): 5:35am On Aug 08, 2014
Same news in my family this morning. Dad is shouting and ordering everyone to go take a bath with a salty hot water and without bathing soap. Nawa oooooo
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:36am On Aug 08, 2014
abelmike: I just had the same story too from my girlfrd yesterday she even refuse to kiss me when I don't even have d virus.ebola bad market......GOD HELP US!
you no even get respect for ebola. Why u no wait make this ebola rain finish
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Jaidy88: 5:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Rumour or no rumour just do as said, it will take you nothing, abj una salt done finish for aus tongue well.... prevention is better than cure, stubborn heads lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Blaqsmith(m): 5:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Salt don cost for market sharpally ,,, ,Nigerians, I hail ooo grin
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Koolmexxi(m): 5:49am On Aug 08, 2014
Why oyibo no go call us brainless...

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Mettal: 6:22am On Aug 08, 2014
I don't easily follow the crowd,i use my head rather than hearsays. This is a deadly virus for pete's Sake ,Some even told me the virus don enter air grin.How fast misconceptions spread.
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Provie(m): 6:23am On Aug 08, 2014
My people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by ITbomb(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Ever gullible Nigerians. I give up.
So easy to manipulate
Nobody cared to find out about Ebola from the right source. ALL panicking because of hearsay.

I'm just imagining Dangote smiling to the bank while the educated fools are continually brainwashed by rumours
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by stinggy(m): 6:44am On Aug 08, 2014
So timely! thanks for this.
A friend called me just now to confirm if it is real, told him I don't know. Meanwhile, it is time for my bath too, was contemplating on adding spoons of salt to my bath water. But since i've read this now undecided undecided

hmmmm
AKU EBOLA Ooo
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by PrincessB1(f): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2014
Nawa oundecided my dad called to confirm diz morn abt d salt nd water therapy
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Aizebioje(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2014
Chrisjane: Same news in my family this morning. Dad is shouting and ordering everyone to go take a bath with a salty hot water and without bathing soap. Nawa oooooo
Going through the same thing here ooo. Its so annoying how gullible they are!!!
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Nazcoj(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2014
Ignorance surely is more deadly than Ebola itself... Lack of knowledge is more infectious than the ebola... So Nigeria ebola is now different from that of other countries... So USA are too foolish enough to invest millions in research for ebola cure when salt mixed with hot water(according to my people) can serve as a preventive measures... So if it is true, there would have been no one alive in countries like Sierra leone, Liberia, Guinea, Zaire, etc
The pandemonium this news has cAused will simply result as follows:
1. Rapid increment in the price of salt.
2. The network providers i.e MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL and etc will declare the highest dividends come the end of the quarter.
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by freshness2020: 7:44am On Aug 08, 2014
What's the source of this information ♈όϋ all are
sharing! First it was kola now na salt.
Very soon D̶̲̅ε̲̣y will say we shud mix acid with tea..
Am yet to hear from the ministry of health..
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by oyatmicah(m): 7:45am On Aug 08, 2014
bathing nd drinking salt in hot water triggers hypertension. please stick to ya bitter cola nd hygiene
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by oyatmicah(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2014
stinggy: So timely! thanks for this.
A friend called me just now to confirm if it is real, told him I don't know. Meanwhile, it is time for my bath too, was contemplating on adding spoons of salt to my bath water. But since i've read this now undecided undecided

hmmmm
AKU EBOLA Ooo
. yoruba people wit curses. eku onje,eku orun,eku ojo, eku ongbe. must there always b "die" there
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by stinggy(m): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2014
oyatmicah: . yoruba people wit curses. eku onje,eku orun,eku ojo, eku ongbe. must there always b "die" there

L grin L
Eku/Aku.... does not only mean You die/We die.
Depending on the context of usage, it's a way on conveying greeting.
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by oyatmicah(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2014
stinggy:

L grin L
Eku/Aku.... does not only mean You die/We die.
Depending on the context of usage, it's a way on conveying greeting.
xo aku ebola is alxo suppose to b termed a greeting? chineke
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 08, 2014
Jaidy88: Rumour or no rumour just do as said, it will take you nothing, abj una salt done finish for aus tongue well.... prevention is better than cure, stubborn heads lipsrsealed

how exactly is this a means of prevention?
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by GSKing: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2014
masonkz:

how exactly is this a means of prevention?

I bet whoever conjured this news and process up and posted online will be like "wow!!! my news spread like wildfire!" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by stinggy(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2014
oyatmicah:
xo aku ebola is alxo suppose to b termed a greeting? chineke
That was actually a joke grin
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by golddeejay(m): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2014
my girlfrnd insisited i must bath with hot water and salt before leaving house this morning, very funny wetin concern salt with virus. Am even hearin the virus is airborne,Lol .very e go dey catch people thru fone conversation and thru nairaland. Smh for gullible people can be.
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by s3nn2x(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2014
Kai!
Wonders shall never end. When I heard it this morning, I was dumbfounded.....
Please take this info very serious. it is from Prophet T.B. Joshua. Concerning Ebola virus, put salt inside water this morning, pray and use it to bath and also drink the water. Please inform all your loved ones and send to others
...I could not help but laugh....
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Naija peeps will be like, if ♈όϋ never do this don't touch me.

Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by emmansy(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2014
Pls when bathing with salt and water, add a little maggi and pepper to spice it up. Crayfish and onions....infact make eba too. #Storyforthegods Ebola nah earth worm way salt dey kill ?? LMAO
Re: Ebola Is Not A Worm And Drinking Salt Cannot Stop Transmission by bammo: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2014
embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hiv / Aids Possible Cure Www.baariz.com / World's Fattest Man / Who Has Heard About This Dangerous Insect? (graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.