Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache (11115 Views)

Calling On All The Farmers In Anambra State. / ONLINE AGRICULTURAL MARKETING; The New Trend In Nigeria / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 12:43am On Sep 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposcooperative. Thank you
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society meeting will be holding tomorrow at Abeokuta. Venue Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Asero. Time 10am. www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Happy new month and Happy 54th Independence. Please check your mails for minutes of last meeting. October meeting will be coming up on the Saturday 11th of October. We are all welcome
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
Happy Eid mubarak to our brothers and sisters. May all our dreams and aspirations be fulfilled
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Kushbaba(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
Well this is quite true and how about you check out this website to sell your AGRIC PRODUCE http://themarketplace.sence-agric.com
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dupsytosh(f): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
jethro2:
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society meeting will be holding tomorrow at Abeokuta. Venue Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Asero. Time 10am. www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.

Hi, do you have such cooperative in Ibadan?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
dupsytosh:

Hi, do you have such cooperative in Ibadan?
We have a cooperative in Saki East LGA of Oyo State. Its not in Ibadan.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dupsytosh(f): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
^^^^^
Aight , thanks
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposcooperative. Thank you
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 1:42am On Nov 17, 2014
To easily access market for any farm produce, ensure you have enough to fill a bus or trailer for easy transportation and to reduce cost
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by adonbilivit: 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
hensben:
However, there are several vegetables which can be stored without any processing. These
include many root crops as well as pumpkins and winter squash. Though little or no processing
is involved, successful long term storage of these vegetable crops depends on their careful
harvest and post-harvest handling. Here are some suggestions for dry storage of selected
vegetable crops.

Carrots: Those best for winter storage are the ones harvested in late fall before the ground
freezes. They should be dug when the soil is dry. Cut off the carrot tops to within one-half inch
of the carrot root. Soil can be removed from the carrots with a quick rinse but the carrots should
not be scrubbed. Once they are dry, place the carrots in plastic bags perforated with small
holes. They=ll keep best if stored in a cold (32 to 40 degrees F) and humid location.
Root cellars are ideal but few people have such storage facilities. A second refrigerator would
make sense, especially if similar root crops such as beets, horseradish, parsnips, radishes,
rutabagas, and kohlrabi are being stored. Radishes and kohlrabi will keep under these
conditions for about a month whereas the other crops can be stored for four months or more.
These root crops can also be Astored@ right where they growing simply by placing a deep layer
of straw mulch over the plantings as the weather gets cold but before the ground freezes.

Potatoes: Late maturing varieties are best for storage. Another key to long term storage of
potatoes is proper handling at harvest time. First, potatoes to be stored should not be dug until
the tops have died and dried. When digging, be very careful to avoid bruising or cutting the
potatoes. Damaged potatoes should be set aside and used soon after harvest. Potatoes should
not be washed or scrubbed if they are to be stored but soil can be carefully brushed from the
tubers.
Once potatoes are dug, they need to be cured for a week or two in a warm (60 to 75 degrees F),
moist, and dark location. Curing will help heal any minor wounds. Once cured, potatoes should
be stored in a cooler location with temperatures near 45 degrees. Again, that=s difficult to
achieve in most homes, so pick the coolest corner of the basement. The location should be
humid and dark. The closer to these temperature and humidity requirements, the longer the
potatoes will keep in storage. That could be between 2 and 9 months.

Onions: Storage requirements for onions also apply to shallots and garlic. The best onions for
storage are those that have been harvested when fully mature, i.e. after the tops have flopped
and turned brown. The tops or leaves of stiff-necked garlic varieties do not flop, but they will turn
brown and should be harvested when at least half the leaves have browned.

Read here: http://www.runetwork.org/html/en/articles/7131.html
And here:http://www.thekitchn.com/the-kitchns-guide-to-storing-fruits-and-vegetables-tip-roundup-176308
where can i get rutabaga
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Most vegetables are highly perishable goods. One needs to dispose them off immediately. our system dont have preservable source now. It cost a lot to build a cold room
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Fruits and vegetable markets. Sell your vegetables at ease. The market is available. The training for the production is also available. Be empowers
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
3RD FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING
Its happening again.
The 3rd phase of our practical vegetable training
N25,000 for a month training guarantees you>
1. Access to half acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one month training
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room for a month
3. Seed will be available for sale
4. Different varieties of vegetables to be trained on
5. Available market awaits your vegetables
6. You have participate in vegetable training for minimum of a month
7. No fertilizer will be given. We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and you can easily buy the inorganic fertilizer and organic if you want
8. Access to low cost labour and farm implements
9. You get to feed yourself throughout the period
10. You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.
11. We take care of your accommodation for a month.
12. Alternative accommodation is been arranged for trainee to take care of themselves after the one month if they choose to stay
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of September
14. Its on first pay first participating basis
15. Participant should prepare for real farm work.
Training dates September 1st - 26th
Where Ago Amodu Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Contact no 08064688501
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2016
Our on farm practical training school resume on Monday 4th of April 2016. call 08188540096 for further enquiry
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 7:13pm On May 22, 2016
What our Farm Manager Free Training entails.

Our training session will be covering

1. The construction of green house using local materials such as bamboo, teak etc.
Participants will be involve in building the screen house

2. Growing different vegetables in green house.
Vegetable such as

Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc

3. Marketing the vegetables.
Hotels, restaurants and supermarket are paying enormously for organic vegetables.
Our products are purely organic.

4. Farm Manager job placement:
Yes. We have clients that needs experience hand on farm.

They require farm managers that can work with little or no supervision.

We assure you of good salary package, accommodation and others.
Terms and condition apply.

Duration
June, July and August

Farm Settlement Location
Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State.

Resumption Date
June 5th 2016.

We can only accommodate 30 participants.
its first come first serve.

We made accommodation arrangement for participants for the 3 months at the cost of N15,000.

Its advisable to book accommodation before resumption date.

Registration is in progress.
To register call 08188540096.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Oloogunebi3: 3:51pm On May 24, 2016
The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000.
@jethro2, words cannot express my gratitude for your efforts @ emancipating people, esp youths through agriculture. may you continue to grow in strength. is this marketing idea working?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 6:00am On May 25, 2016
Oloogunebi3:

@jethro2, words cannot express my gratitude for your efforts @ emancipating people, esp youths through agriculture. may you continue to grow in strength. is this marketing idea working?

Yes. The market idea works.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by hasami: 8:40am On May 25, 2016
jethro2:

@jethro2..pls when is the deadline for registration and accomodation booking? will the training cover water melon cultivation?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 3:05pm On May 25, 2016
hasami:

@jethro2..pls when is the deadline for registration and accomodation booking? will the training cover water melon cultivation?
Training acceptance deadline is June 3rd.
Accommodation payments is whenever we exhaust the no we can accommodate.
The space are limited.
Others will have to make alternative arrangement.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Oloogunebi3: 7:49pm On May 28, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
jethro2:

. If It Is Working, Pls Can I Use The Same Platform/Contacts To Market My Fresh Maize, Maturing From Middle Of June?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 11:08pm On May 28, 2016
Oloogunebi3:
[color=#006600][/color]. If It Is Working, Pls Can I Use The Same Platform/Contacts To Market My Fresh Maize, Maturing From Middle Of June?
Sorry No.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Oloogunebi3: 4:49pm On May 30, 2016
jethro2:

Sorry No.
Oh Dear In-Law Of Moses! May I Know Why NO?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Oloogunebi3: 6:57am On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=Oloogunebi3 post=46114894] Oh Dear In-Law Of Moses! May I Know Why NO? On A More Serious Note Aunty Jethro2, Pls Why Can't I Benefit From This Marketing Strategy/Idea. I Am Ready To Abide By Your Rules And Terms. And If There's Anything To Discuss Of Forum, I Will Gladly Comply. Am Discussing It Here To Enrich This Platform For Existing And Would Be Farmers. And I Think If It Is Really Working, The Best We(As Aspiring And Existing Agripreneur) Can Do Is To Expand This Noble Idea To: 1, Create All-Year-Round Markets For Our Farm Produce, & 2, To Reduce Or Remove The Artificial Bottlenecks Impose On Farmers By Middle Men/Women, Whereby Their Profits Is Far Greater Than That Of Farmers, Who Most Of Time Sell At Great Loss. Credit And Dues I Believe Should Go To Whom It Is Due, Which In This Instance Is The Originator. Let's Create Our Own Konga, OLX, Jiji And An Online Version Of Shoprite, To Do A Greate Service To The Title Of This Thread. I Rest My Case!
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Oloogunebi3: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2016
Though Of-Topic And With No Intention To Derail the thread, Any Maize Farmer Experiencing This Scourge Of Leave And Stem Borer Should Go For Chemicals With EMAMECTING BENZOATE As Active Ingredient. I Know Of CATERPILLER FORCE From Jubaili And PROCLAIM From Syngenta. I've Used It And It Works!
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=Oloogunebi3 post=46159877][/quote]

I have had series of experiences working with educated, nairaland and online farmers. And they are not palatable.
Building a system is such an heavy task. And having to deal with people that are smarter than you.

I work mainly with rural farmers. Those in my area. Its easy that way.

Work with farmers in your area. Do your network.
Wish you the best of luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Growing The Red Stark Apple. / How Access Bank Is Revitalising Agric Sector With Agriculture Desk / The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.