Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach (37706 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by linearity: 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Zobo ke, the masking agent wey dem find for her pee, that na zobo too?

Una don make the price of Sobo hike now unnecessary, people will start rushing Zobo now all in the hope of becoming professional weightlifters now.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by dabossman(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
newspapers: @ Airforce. As in eh, I was so surprise when i saw this on http://www.divanaija.com.ng/chika-amalaha-tested-drug-positive-zobo-drink/

When did Zobo Drink start pumping Drug (Hard Drug Substances into ones blood stream?

Bro, stop talking about stuff you don't know. Since when did diuretics become "hard drug substances?"

Diuretics are usually administered for the treatment of various diseases and syndromes, including hypertension, heart failure, liver cirrhosis, renal failure, kidney and lung diseases, as well as a more general reduction of the adverse effects of salts and/or water retention. Diuretics were first banned in sport (both in competition and out of competition) in 1988 because they can be used by athletes for two primary reasons. First, their potent ability to remove water from the body can cause a rapid weight loss that can be required to meet a weight category in sporting events. Second, they can be used to mask the administration of other doping agents by reducing their concentration in urine primarily because of an increase in urine volume. The urine dilution effect of diuretics also allows them to be classified as masking agents and precludes their use both in and out of competition. Some diuretics also cause a masking effect by altering the urinary pH and inhibiting the passive excretion of acidic and basic drugs in urine

There are certain herbal teas that are diuretic in nature. Caffeine is a diuretic. Roselle(Hibiscus) which is used to make Zobo has been used in folk medicine as a diuretic and mild laxative.

5 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by bejeria101(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=yenex1]lmao.*mama jude abeg give me zobo, mix am with kunu. Cool down o u wan explode ni*bringing cup*gimme small abeg
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by jennylove7575(f): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
AgapeCharis: where x river niger?
Which state?
chai see waec question..OK make I study first I will get back to u. I no wan fail.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by holyfather(m): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote
author=Josh316]The coach may be right.

Mind you, she tested positive to the usual masking agents of drugs NOT
any performance enhancing drugs. Due to the newer types of designer
drugs developed by some pharmaceutical companies for some dubious
athletes and the new practice of using diuretics to erase evidence of
such use hence masking the presence of the trace components, the World
Anti-Doping Agency decided to test instead for the presence of these
masking agents which are diuretics. Now Thiazide is a class of diuretics
and that was what the young girl tested positive for.

Funny enough, many people do not know that Zobo is made from the
commonly known HIBISCUS flower. This flower has many health benefits
including lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic properties.
Diuretics are commonly prescribed to hypertensives to reduce blood
volume and reduce pressure subsequently.

If indeed she went ahead to consume this zobo drink, it shows that her
coaches were abreast of vital information and funny enough must be
commended (strange yeah?) and the girl must now learn to listen to her
coaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus#Health_benefits

http://www.drugs.com/npp/hibiscus.html[/quote]

Finally,I've found a sensible and reasonable post here.

3 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lies fathers tell their daughters cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by nkluvbaby(f): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
slimpoppa: Now this is ridiculous.
It isnt ridiculous. Check google for foods dat contain natural deuritics n u'll be shocked at wht u'll find. Some of our everyday food n fruits contain it. When i heard abt d stripping of medal i just told my folks at home they'll be surprised she ate or drank normal food or drink dat have d duretics stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Pdizzle(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Cway86:

Abge stop that, why will u say is lies? Is very possible, there are some drinks and fruit that when taken and go for drugs test may show positive. Guy wake and study well. Akamu.

Stop being a dunce, lucozade sport has not finished in the market, even after being warned on a first occasion, she had to sneak in ordinary zobo at the expense of her reputation? Is that the only beverage in the world?

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by swtyy(f): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
If na oyinbo win am now dem no go do any testing, bt is Africa and come b Nigerian. Amalaha no mind dem, weda u drink zobo or not, dem test positive or not, ur the winner kpokwem.

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by pomporiking: 12:13am On Aug 09, 2014
They warned her not to drink ZOBO but she still snuck out to drink it grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by naturefellow(m): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2014
Zobo! Now, that's preposterous. How do you want us to believe that?

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by toprealman: 1:26am On Aug 09, 2014
Zobo=Z-Oxobutylnol?
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Stu.pid Nigerians! Zobo leaves has properties that acts as stimulants which when someone who takes large quantities is tested for dope will definitely fail the test.

[size=18pt]Some people just go through school but don't allow school to go through them[/size]

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2014
dabossman:

Bro, stop talking about stuff you don't know. Since when did diuretics become "hard drug substances?"

Diuretics are usually administered for the treatment of various diseases and syndromes, including hypertension, heart failure, liver cirrhosis, renal failure, kidney and lung diseases, as well as a more general reduction of the adverse effects of salts and/or water retention. Diuretics were first banned in sport (both in competition and out of competition) in 1988 because they can be used by athletes for two primary reasons. First, their potent ability to remove water from the body can cause a rapid weight loss that can be required to meet a weight category in sporting events. Second, they can be used to mask the administration of other doping agents by reducing their concentration in urine primarily because of an increase in urine volume. The urine dilution effect of diuretics also allows them to be classified as masking agents and precludes their use both in and out of competition. Some diuretics also cause a masking effect by altering the urinary pH and inhibiting the passive excretion of acidic and basic drugs in urine

There are certain herbal teas that are diuretic in nature. Caffeine is a diuretic. Roselle(Hibiscus) which is used to make Zobo has been used in folk medicine as a diuretic and mild laxative.

My fellow enlightened brother, why waste your time? The people you are explaining all these to have no place upstairs to accommodate this piece of information because Olamide's and Davido's songs with EPL and Nollywood have blocked the vital parts of their brains. Is it not when somebody is educated enough to know what a "Diuretic" is that he/she would be smart enough to digest the information you are giving here.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by DaBullIT(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2014
What hurts me about every money sucking groups, party , committee and others like them is they can't even lie appropriately, when they spin their web of lies , even a toddler can see through , if you can't lie , employ someone who can ,zobo koo ,viju ni

What happened to lies like she was allergic to a food and was running stool so she had to take some powerful medicine ?

What's wrong with saying someone must have slipped steroids into her training kits to de-rep Nigeria

What happened to saying it was spiritual ,someone gave her a concotion in her dreams and she woke up with a sweat ( there's no forensic team that'll understand that , its a Nigerian thing )

What happened to she was weak from training and took lots of energy drinks ?

Finally what happened to the oldest tactic " blaming someone else " like the devil ? grin grin grin shocked
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by oge4real(f): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Wow. I worked with zobo for my project in school.
You can only imagine its diuretic properties.
She should've listened to her coaches.
The coach should've explained WHY she should to stay away from zobo.

Too late to cry when the head is off.
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Lankaline(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
xoxoxooxxo surprised,,surprised at soo many things,,shes a 100 level student in my school,who juhs started this yr,,leave in ma street in school in a lodge knwn to habour notorious students,when shes fetching water,,,yu will definitely feel intimidated,,she lifts 2 gallons of 25litres n wont drop it until she reaches her lodge,,,its funny shes claiming 16,lol,,,,that girl is older than me;and am 21,,its funny o,,if she no take time,,,skul go ban am,,
no be only zobo,,,na kunu!!!!,mchwww

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by gerald09(m): 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
newspapers: @ Airforce. As in eh, I was so surprise when i saw this on http://www.divanaija.com.ng/chika-amalaha-tested-drug-positive-zobo-drink/

When did Zobo Drink start pumping Drug (Hard Drug Substances into ones blood stream?
Or why did it take so long for us to figure that zobo is an enhancer, business on my mind! We may just have discovered sometin here (silver lining)
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by okogie1: 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mennn! Wat a load of crap
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by yusufu16: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by nothingdou1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lankaline: xoxoxooxxo surprised,,surprised at soo many things,,shes a 100 level student in my school,who juhs started this yr,,leave in ma street in school in a lodge knwn to habour notorious students,when shes fetching water,,,yu will definitely feel intimidated,,she lifts 2 gallons of 25litres n wont drop it until she reaches her lodge,,,its funny shes claiming 16,lol,,,,that girl is older than me;and am 21,,its funny o,,if she no take time,,,skul go ban am,,
no be only zobo,,,na kunu!!!!,mchwww
Na which skul abeg,cos e b like say u knw her biography
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Lankaline(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2014
nothingdou1:
Na which skul abeg,cos e b like say u knw her biography

michael Okpara University of agriculture, in abia state
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kindly follow back
Ivyluvie2: cool....
Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by OluOlaBlitz(m): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Be it diuretics or performance enhancers, artificial substances are derived from natural ones, most of the time. One of the ingredients of "Zobo" might actually be a diuretic. Who knows?
So enough of the "Whites-hates-blacks" conspiracy theories, the fact at hand is that she was warned against a substance that might contain an illegal component and she never heeded.

1 Like

Re: Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2014
.Kindly follow back
Ivyluvie2: cool....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life Of Diego Maradona: 1960 - 2020, As Fans Mourn Across The World (Pictures) / Dele Ajiboye Weds Folashade Olohunsogo (Pre-Wedding Photo) / Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.