Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,778 members, 7,918,455 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:27 AM

Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources (1206 Views)

David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by overhypedsteve(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2014
My apologies for this post. All those that are new to this thread should read the comments to the latter and note why, i ve decided to correct the subjects on which this post was created. who would imagine that i would in my well intended attempt to reduce the wide spread of misinformation( knowing the dangers that any such information pose to the general public at such very delicate period in our nations history) have come across such a reproachful rebuke from members of the science profession, you will understand from my initial reply to Rockmaxi that we cannot all be knowledgeable in matters of science, but i must insist that the patriotic instinct that have moved me to paste such information in an attempt to prevent brothers, sisters and fellow good citizens of the federal republic from falling prey to the spread of fraudulent rumours, should be emulated by all. I must say thank you again.
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by RockMaxi: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
My Guy stop this display of shallow scientific understanding. Did you read "NaCl and other
chloride salts enhance the inactivation of
poliovirus at pH 3. NaCl is considerably less
effective against poliovirus in the range of pH 4.5
to 7.0 than at pH<4.5."

So what pH do you want us to operate?

1 Like

Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by lomaxx: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
That article was referring to Enteroviruses. Ebola virus is a Filovirus - one million miles away from the Genus of Enteroviruses. For starters, Enteroviruses are positive-sense single stranded RNA viruses, Ebola viruses are negative sense single stranded RNA viruses, not to talk about the many other morpho-genomic and microbial distinctive patterns - so what exactly are we talking about here?

Please learn to ask questions. If you're too big to do that, do some research.

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by overhypedsteve(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
RockMaxi: My Guy stop this display of shallow scientific understanding. Did you read "NaCl and other
chloride salts enhance the inactivation of
poliovirus at pH 3. NaCl is considerably less
effective against poliovirus in the range of pH 4.5
to 7.0 than at pH<4.5."

So what pH do you want us to operate?
operate at any PH of your choice my guy while you can, cus when ebola catch you you wont be able to operate a Ph again. Take for example is Sawyer still operating any Ph? Now that is a question for you to ponder on.
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by Toyolad(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: It is not a rumour. The poster on front page is a fraud. There are researches that prove the deactivating effect of common salt over a wide variety of virus strains.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01315616#page-1
No wonder you are 'Overhyped steve'
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by stevecantrell: 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
What's all the hype about ? Common salt may kill a virus in a petri dish, it doesn't mean it will do that 'in-vivo' ie a living host.
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by overhypedsteve(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
lomaxx: That article was referring to Enteroviruses. Ebola virus is a Filovirus - one million miles away from the Genus of Enteroviruses. For starters, Enteroviruses are positive-sense single stranded RNA viruses, Ebola viruses are negative sense single stranded RNA viruses, not to talk about the many other morpho-genomic and microbial distinctive patterns - so what exactly are we talking about here?

so what happens when this two strands of virus mix together in a dangerous hot scientific concoction. What do we get? I see all your bogus scientific knowledge cannot help you to answer this scientifically sophisticated question put forward to you. By someone who have seen the depth of so many scientific text and publication. What you get when two bogusely named viral strains come together in a simmering scientific concoction is a VIRAL PEPPERSOUP yes. And i did all this research laying on my scientific bed lying on my scientific white lab bedsheet and typing on my scientific phone.
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by lomaxx: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: so what happens when this two strands of virus mix together in a dangerous hot scientific concoction. What do we get? I see all your bogus scientific knowledge cannot help you to answer this scientifically sophisticated question put forward to you. By someone who have seen the depth of so many scientific text and publication. What you get when two bogusely named viral strains come together in a simmering scientific concoction is a VIRAL PEPPERSOUP yes. And i did all this research laying on my scientific bed lying on my scientific white lab bedsheet and typing on my scientific phone.

What is the young man saying?
Have you had breakfast?
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by hemor(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
y hasn't salt cured HIV and even Ebola.
u must be high
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
it will only be active in an in vitro experimental adjustment, not in vivo.the only place NACL might be active is in the stomach where the pH is more acidic but not in the buffered plasma of the blood or epithelial tissues.
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
lomaxx:
What is the young man saying?
Have you had breakfast?
gringrin I pity the fools that will listen to the OP!
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: It is not a rumour. The poster on front page is a fraud. There are researches that prove the deactivating effect of common salt over a wide variety of virus strains.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01315616#page-1
So-called "science" has become a HUGE FRAUD.

Please allow people to use salt abeg . . .
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by cirmuell(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
lomaxx: That article was referring to Enteroviruses. Ebola virus is a Filovirus - one million miles away from the Genus of Enteroviruses. For starters, Enteroviruses are positive-sense single stranded RNA viruses, Ebola viruses are negative sense single stranded RNA viruses, not to talk about the many other morpho-genomic and microbial distinctive patterns - so what exactly are we talking about here?

the op just saw virus and jump into conclusion. nairaland these days though! undecided
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by golddeejay(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: so what happens when this two strands of virus mix together in a dangerous hot scientific concoction. What do we get? I see all your bogus scientific knowledge cannot help you to answer this scientifically sophisticated question put forward to you. By someone who have seen the depth of so many scientific text and publication. What you get when two bogusely named viral strains come together in a simmering scientific concoction is a VIRAL PEPPERSOUP yes. And i did all this research laying on my scientific bed lying on my scientific white lab bedsheet and typing on my scientific phone.
i seeee, nao we understand ur point and where u are coming from. Very dry quality Weed can make you belif you r d world best scientist
Re: Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources by overhypedsteve(m): 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
golddeejay: i seeee, nao we understand ur point and where u are coming from. Very dry quality Weed can make you belif you r d world best scientist
the problem with you science guy is that you try to draw reason from everything. Who would have thought that i with my poor background in science( an art major to be specific,) presently seeking asylum in one of the highly esteemed ivory tower of learning that this great nation could put up, presently being instructed on the basics of the legal trade, who would imagine that i would in my well intended attempt to reduce the wide spread of misinformation( knowing the dangers that any such information pose to the general public at such very delicate period in our nations history) have come across such a reproachful rebuke from members of the science profession, you will understand from my initial reply that we cannot all be knowledgeable in matters of science, but i must insist that the patriotic instinct that have moved me to paste such information in an attempt to prevent brothers, sisters and fellow good citizens of the federal republic from falling prey to the spread of fraudulent rumours, should be emulated by all. I must say thank you again. And apologise for the issue of the hot viral peppersoup. I am now enlightened enough to know that such organisms cannot be counted as ingredient or spice for any local portion or porridge.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:nigeria Challenges The World With '9JABOLT' Solar Car. / FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks / Tor! Kwankwaso Hails Deputy Minority Leader For Jumping National Assembly Gate Y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.