Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,300 members, 7,881,103 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:28 PM

Abia Gov Dismisses Impeachment Rumour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Gov Dismisses Impeachment Rumour (470 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Governor Fayose Mocks Ekiti APC Lawmakers As He Dismisses Impeachment Plot / Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Gov Dismisses Impeachment Rumour by obinalihe: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
ABIA GOV DISMISSES IMPEACHMENT RUMOUR

Abia State Governor Theodore Orji has dismissed rumour that the House of Assembly has commenced impeachment process against him.
The governor, who spoke shortly after he arrived the state from a trip abroad, said: “I have always said that one of the benefits of democracy is freedom of speech. Anybody can say anything and get away with it because it’s their right. Commencing an impeachment process against me is something that will never happen in the state House of Assembly. Our Assembly remains one of the best in the country in terms of support to the executive. You can’t even raise such a matter on the floor of the Assembly, because you will be stoned to death”.
On the 2015 election, Orji said he has not endorsed anybody to succeed him as governor of the state.
“I’m not power drunk like previous governors; I have not come to establish a business empire in Abia State. Where ever I stop in 2015, someone else will continue from there. Anybody that will rule Abia will emerge from the congress; nobody is more powerful than the other”, he said

(1) (Reply)

Clampping Down Of Opposition And 2015 / BREAKING: Ribadu Joins PDP / CORN AND Akara...between Democracy And The Military "Dictatorship".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.