Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Ebola Facts!!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Facts!!! (27410 Views)

Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nora544: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Khalessi: More facts!
TB Joshua's holy water can't cure or protect you against ebola.

10000 likes

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by haibe(m): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
wikiman: God doesn't help the praying Africans with vaccines or cures. They die in their hundreds. It's because of their sins.

I love the part. I believe Nigeria has the worst sinners in the world because majority of them are not just sinners but hypocrites.

"An hypocrite is more dangerous than a mere sinner"
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by SerPounce(m): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Let's not forget that these could also be symptoms of lesser illnesses, but to be on a safer side, try and get diagnosed immediately you notice related symptoms and seek expert help. Ignorance kills faster than any sickness.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Pateniya(f): 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks for the information.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
This is the kind of information people should be passing on fb,twitter,BBM and others. Not the salt and pepper nonsense!
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Amhappy(f): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Noted. Panic and ignorance kills faster than the virus
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Danhumprey: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Mehn Im sikk of these ebola posts..

I just hope i no get ebola readin all these posts everyday.
Wow! Even Pagan9ja sef dey fear?shockedshocked

Is your 'gods' who you serve not able to protect you?grin
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by amanikondo: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola does not respect anybody. That is why the Government is now working tirelessly to stop it.

Mind you, American will not give you any SERUM after the meningitis in 1996 that Pfizer administered unapproved drugs in Nigeria which came with backlashes.

They are testing their drugs on their own citizen alone not Africans. Africans will be the first to cry that Americans are using them as Guinea pigs to test their drugs.

Go and hold your Government that spends more money on Amnesty than Research responsible for your safety.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Danhumprey: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
YoursGEJ: To FG. Don't wait and beg America for cure. Mobilize Nigerian biomedical researchers and provide them resources and they will come up with something. Maybe then America may even beg us to share what we found
But will the government listen? They are more concerned about what go into their pocket. Smh.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Danhumprey: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
jhydebaba:

Ebola everywhere cheesy

Prayer warriors be like "god afflict my enemies with ebola". When dey attack u tongue u contact ebola too tongue
Lol.gringrin
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
BellaSwan: Salt water baths don’t cure Ebola. Here’s how to protect yourself

We are all aware that Ebola is now in Nigeria. Ebola is deadly but you don’t have to get it. Here’s what you need to know to protect yourself and your loved ones.

1. How Can I Get Ebola?
One can get Ebola by
a. contact with someone who is VISIBLY sick with the disease
b. contact with the body of someone who has died from Ebola
c. contact with an animal that is carrying the
virus - usually fruit bats & monkeys

2. How Can I Know Someone Has Ebola?
The first and most important thing is a HIGH and SUDDEN FEVER plus any of these other 3 signs:
a. excessive stool (especially with blood)
b. vomiting
c. loss of appetite
d. weakness
e. joint & body pain
f. sore throat

3. What Do I Do If I think I Or Someone I Know Has Ebola?
Call +23480032652437 IMMEDIATELY to speak with Health Officials if you’re in Nigeria. Airtime is free on this number.
a. don’t go to church/mosque/prayer house - ask your pastor, imam or spiritual leader to pray for you from where they are. You will save lives
b. stay at home and keep yourself alone until the health officials are able to handle your case.

4. How Can I Protect Myself?

a. keep a clean environment
b. wash your hands often and avoid unnecessary contact
c. be vigilant. If someone is visibly sick, notify the authorities and avoid them
d. educate everyone around you. If the people around you are educated, you are safer.
5. Finally…

Many false claims are going round now. Be careful!
a. John G Lake died before Ebola was discovered. How could he have cured it?
b. No one has been cured or protected from Ebola by taking bitter kola. If you feel like bitter kola, eat it but protect yourself!
c. Salt and hot water don’t protect against viruses. If it did, it would also cure HIV!
6. Spread the Word

Tell everyone around you to keep yourself safe! Re-broadcast this message!

Go to www.ebolafacts.com for more information and direct questions there!

http://ebolafacts.tumblr.com/post/94147544518/salt-water-baths-dont-cure-ebola-heres-how-to#_=_

Thank you OP, this is the enlightenment Nigerians need and i promise Ebola will go away. Because if the virus is so strong all of guinea would be all wiped out by now. lets not over hyped this virus, lets join the government in enlightening the public, with so doing we wouldn't need a serum from the US and this will help in giving experience to our health sector in case of future outbreak.
Sometimes i think Obama is right by not releasing the serum and tell us to maintain and control the situation by our self.

We are Nigerians
We will control the situation without a vaccine

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by McLuhan(m): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
God will never do for us what He has given us the ability to do for ourselves. If we fail to maintain good personal hygiene but resort instead to binding and loosing evil spirits, we will most likely contract contagious diseases. Shouting "Die by fire, die by thunder" will not prevent Ebola except our faith is coupled with action to avoid the risk factors. If we like we can mix salt, pepper, limestone, bleach or even acid in our bath water, it won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nora544: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by abduldope(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmmmm sotey ebola dn GT SITe na wa Oo
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yungwizzzy: The phobia nairaland is creating about this Ebola kills

faster than the virus

I guess people are scared about Ebola because...unlike Malaria or even HIV(both of which will kill far more people than Ebola ever will this year)......it can't be cured or controlled by drinking a drug.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by ibdeals1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
ok..
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nora544: 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
A Photo that shows what Liberia makes they print posters because not all people will read it in the internet.

I have fear that man will run to the pastors so the pastors should show something like that bit i feel they will not make this.

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by bighead1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
NICE ONE SHA!!!

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Kossyne(m): 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
wikiman: We need to really get serious with research in this country and stop focusing on frivolous things as
i got this forwarded to me yesterday VERY THOUGHTFUL

[b]"This was forwarded to me - "This is just the plain truth.....Hehehehehehe! EBOLA strikes "stone age" Africa. The entire continent, comprised largely of backward thinking people, is thrown into confusion. They were praying. Calling on God as usual. God doesn't drop vaccines or cures from heaven. I wonder why they can't get that into their thick skulls. EBOLA hit Africa in the 70s. The Americans took note. They developed a cure and locked it up in a wardrobe somewhere. A thinking society, a practical society, a sensible society. They solved the problem in the lab and not in the church or some other religious houses. They know the solution to problems is not by handing it over to God or casting it on Jesus or someothers. They found a cure and locked it away, for a day it will be needed. We were in church and mosques, praying. So EBOLA hit West Africa and the entire continent became jittery. Hundreds died. America kept quiet. Two Americans got infected. The Americans opened their wardrobe, flew the cure to Africa and saved their citizens. The drug worked within minutes! The two citizens were saved. Not by prayers but by common sense preparation. God doesn't help the praying Africans with vaccines or cures. They die in their hundreds. It's because of their sins. What else will they say?The Americans don't help lazy minded Africans too. They make money with their vaccines, which praying Africans have to buy. Cos they won't spend their time taking the hard route to solve their problems. They will rather gather in special prayer grounds and ask God to intervene. But he does not. Except maybe through the money making Pharma companies in America. Such is the life of those who don't think!"[/b]

In as much as I abhor the level of religious fanatism in Nigeria, I am sick of people who sit on their hands and criticize others when they are guilty of the same crime. Coming to nairaland to complain about the ineptitude of Nigerian government and the popualce don't just cut.

Dear Critic,
What have you done in your own capacity as a private individual to mitigate the spread of this virus?.

Can you list 10 things you have done recently which is in the interest of the public other than you own private gain?

If you happen to be the President of Nigeria, what would you do differently?

In what ways have you solved problems within your immediate community?

Until we as individuals can provide answers to these questions and other ones, we are all guilty of complacency, ignorance and laziness.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nora544: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
wikiman: We need to really get serious with research in this country and stop focusing on frivolous things as

[b]"This was forwarded to me - "This is just the plain truth.....Hehehehehehe! EBOLA strikes "stone age" Africa. The entire continent, comprised largely of backward thinking people, is thrown into confusion. They were praying. Calling on God as usual. God doesn't drop vaccines or cures from heaven. I wonder why they can't get that into their thick skulls. EBOLA hit Africa in the 70s. The Americans took note. They developed a cure and locked it up in a wardrobe somewhere. A thinking society, a practical society, a sensible society. They solved the problem in the lab and not in the church or some other religious houses. They know the solution to problems is not by handing it over to God or casting it on Jesus or someothers. They found a cure and locked it away, for a day it will be needed. We were in church and , praying. So EBOLA hit West Africa and the entire continent became jittery. Hundreds died. America kept quiet. Two Americans got infected. The Americans opened their wardrobe, flew the cure to Africa and saved their citizens. The drug worked within minutes! The two citizens were saved. Not by prayers but by common sense preparation. God doesn't help the praying Africans with vaccines or cures. They die in their hundreds. It's because of their sins. What else will they say?The Americans don't help lazy minded Africans too. They make money with their vaccines, which praying Africans have to buy. Cos they won't spend their time taking the hard route to solve their problems. They will rather gather in special prayer grounds and ask God to intervene. But he does not. Except maybe through the money making Pharma companies in America. Such is the life of those who don't think!"[/b]

Its not only america who works on in.

Also here in europa we work on ebola, just got the information that the Austrian University of Science in Vienna is the co founder of the drug which the two americans get.

the next a company in UK will start with september with vaccinations and it is very possible that they start in Africa with it.

We here in Europa we work on it and we know with the help of god we can make it but praying and fasting will never bring a new drug.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by okeyokeyjah(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tnx 4 d in4mation, ....In addition "hold unto GOD because if he did not guard the city watchmen guard in vain
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by sugaarbear(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
ebola is making front page than tonto dike
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by shadowwalker101: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
thanjs 4 the facts [img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Frankenstein: 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
haibe: The only problem I have with Nigeria now is the fact that we invest more on religion than helpful research. Despite having at least a church in almost every street in Lagos, Lagos remains the first to inhabit ebola, despite Nigeria being one of the most religious countries in the world, we are still among the most dangerous, corrupt and soon poorest countries in the world. Where are those medical practitioners that claim they know it all, those useless medical professors that have no job than oppressing students thinking they are intelligent, where are they let them prove what they have got. But No!! They won't stand up and act now but later say they are not inferior to the oyibo man.

I guess we just have too much hypocrites and illiterates in Nigeria.
What do you want the medical experts to do, perform magic? How do you think medical researches are conducted? It takes a lot of money, knowledge and experience to manufacture drugs and discover therapeutic methods for curing diseases.

How many research centers are in Nigeria?

How much is the government funneling into medical and pharmaceutical research?

We're not inferior to any country. We don't just have the facilities, funding and know-how they've got.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by regulated(f): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
God have mercy
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Frankenstein: 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2014

[b]"This was forwarded to me - "This is just the plain truth.....Hehehehehehe! EBOLA strikes "stone age" Africa. The entire continent, comprised largely of backward thinking people, is thrown into confusion. They were praying. Calling on God as usual. God doesn't drop vaccines or cures from heaven. I wonder why they can't get that into their thick skulls. EBOLA hit Africa in the 70s. The Americans took note. They developed a cure and locked it up in a wardrobe somewhere. A thinking society, a practical society, a sensible society. They solved the problem in the lab and not in the church or some other religious houses. They know the solution to problems is not by handing it over to God or casting it on Jesus or someothers. They found a cure and locked it away, for a day it will be needed. We were in church and , praying. So EBOLA hit West Africa and the entire continent became jittery. Hundreds died. America kept quiet. Two Americans got infected. The Americans opened their wardrobe, flew the cure to Africa and saved their citizens. The drug worked within minutes! The two citizens were saved. Not by prayers but by common sense preparation. God doesn't help the praying Africans with vaccines or cures. They die in their hundreds. It's because of their sins. What else will they say?The Americans don't help lazy minded Africans too. They make money with their vaccines, which praying Africans have to buy. Cos they won't spend their time taking the hard route to solve their problems. They will rather gather in special prayer grounds and ask God to intervene. But he does not. Except maybe through the money making Pharma companies in America. Such is the life of those who don't think!"[/b]
Mr Atheist, Africans are not as religious as Indians yet Hindus are the majority among the great players in the field of medicine.

We don't have the same military, economy, development and a whole lot of other things with the West. You think that's because we pray a lot? Take your religion-bashing campaign somewhere else.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by nora544: 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frankenstein: What do you want the medical experts to do, perform magic? How do you think medical researches are conducted? It takes a lot of money, knowledge and experience to manufacture drugs and discover therapeutic methods for curing diseases.

We're not inferior to any country. We don't just have the facilities, funding and know-how they've got.

the new laboratory for the University of marburg which is for searching for the marburgvirus and his sister ebola was 15 Million USD.

That is when two jetpastors sell their jets and nigeria could have this.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts!!! by haibe(m): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Frankenstein: What do you want the medical experts to do, perform magic? How do you think medical researches are conducted? It takes a lot of money, knowledge and experience to manufacture drugs and discover therapeutic methods for curing diseases.

You don't have facilities because you embezzle them, Nigeria has lots of money. Even the little that is let go are not used well, what about knowledge and experience? why are they medical practitioners without knowledge? you think it's theory we need them for? See this guy oo. Just close your eye in shame for saying this.

The fault is Nigeria and Nigeria alone. don't try to cover anything
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by Frankenstein: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
nora544:

the new laboratory for the University of marburg which is for searchin for the marburgvirus and his sister ebola was 15 Million USD.

That is when two jetpastors sell their jets and nigerisa could have this.
So pastors are to fund medical research while the leaders keep looting our treasury?

Not too long ago, the naira had more value than the British pound. Maybe you also blame our currency depreciation on religion too.
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by roufy235(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
thanks
Re: Ebola Facts!!! by haibe(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
nora544:

the new laboratory for the University of marburg which is for searchin for the marburgvirus and his sister ebola was 15 Million USD.

That is when two jetpastors sell their jets and nigerisa could have this.
leave the guy let him be yarning bulshit. How can an one think Nigeria doesn't have the money. Only A pastor in Nigeria would create two world class health facilities, not to talk of the government and Nigeria as a whole. The problem is just that the black man is greedy and lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche / Coronavirus: Italy Worst Hit In Europe As New Cases Emerge / Beware Of Heatstroke In This Period Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.